Dinner (2)

The moment that I get into my car I turn on the radio, I have to keep my mind busy so I won't start overthinking. I don't find a good song so I open the spotify from the little screen close to my steering wheel, I open my favourite playlist, "Stop thinking", yeah, I was the one who named it that. The first song starts and of course it is the "I Lived" by OneRepublic, ah, my favourite.

The moment that I arrive at my house I open my door and I just look at how messy my house was, oh my goodness. I'm not someone who likes things to be a mess, I believe that if I organise my home my mind stays organised too. In other words, my home describes how I feel. I still had three hours till my night out, so I started tidying up, I cleaned and organised everything symmetrical, I felt so at peace. I was never diagnosed with OCD or anything like that ,but I liked things to be color coordinated and always in place.

Then I looked at the time 7:30, I still have an hour and a half, good. Before I could start thinking over and over again if Derek had suspected something I got into the shower, the only way to keep my mind off. The hot water relaxes my muscles as I try to find what I'm going to wear. A dress? Not a mini though. I hear my phone vibrating while my smart watch does too, it was Rossi who texted "Change of plans for dinner at my house, same time, you know the address, see you"

Thank God, I don't like bars, so now I can wear an elegant dark red dress that I had in mind. I get out of the shower and I start drying my hair while turning on my curling iron. My outfit is a bold choice by me, due to me being insecure about my midsize body. Don't get me wrong I try to love myself but several years of being bullied caused me to never be the same again.

I wear the bracelet that I had left at the top of my sink, never going anywhere without it. I try to find my gold hoop earrings, they truly match my dress. I find them and also choose some matching golden rings, perfect. I always tend to wear my jewellery first or else I'll forget to do it. I start doing my makeup, should buy a new concealer, I put on mascara and I stare at that little mole half a centimetre under my eyes, like my mother. I shake off that though. I apply my lip liner and then my lipstick, I take the excess off with a paper towel, after, I wear my dress steadily and I go to find my favourite black high heels.

I decide that I won't take a bag so I take my jacket and go. I walk down the parking lot and I get into my car. When I try to start the engine, it won't turn on. "Oh, you got to be kidding me" I say trying to keep being calm. And I think to myself, what do I do? I can call a cab. I call and they tell me that due to a crash in the middle of DC their station has closed, perfect. I think I have no other choice than to call someone else, and that someone is Morgan.

"Hey Derek"I say the moment he answers my call, he was fast. "Hey darling, is everything okay?" He says and I take a deep breath, it's not bad to ask for help. "Um, can you come by my apartment, to get me to go to Rossi's?" I say fearing he will refuse "of course, seems like you changed your mind" he says chucking, I can even hear it through the phone. "Well, my car won't start so-" I start talking but he stops me "You just want to spend time with me, I know it darling" he says trying to make me laugh, he always did. "Exactly that Derek, I'm obsessed with you and I can't stop thinking about you. I just sent you my address" I say while laughing "I'll be there in five see you, darling".

After exactly five minutes he was outside my house, well that was smooth. "Hey, darling you look resplendent" he says, such a wise choice of words "Oh thank you Derek, you look handsome too". I say as I look at him, he wears a black dress shirt with the two first buttons opened and he matches it with black dress pants. "Shall we go?" He says opening the door of his car for me while I'm flashing him a smile. "I have to get my car to service tomorrow, thankfully I don't have work" I say opening the little mirror from Derek's car above my seat. "Well, I guess it won't be done by Monday" He says starting a conversation. "Really! Perfect, now I'll have to call a cab" I say thinking of the things I have to do on Monday, Christina stop thinking, I think to myself. "Hey stop overthinking, I'll come by Monday morning to get you, it won't be a problem, we live close to each other" Derek says, it seems like he was reading my thoughts. "What? No Derek I don't want to-" I try to protest but his stops me "Monday seven thirty I'll be waiting outside, end of discussion" he says with a gentle but a bit serious tone while he takes his eyes off the road and looks at me. "Okay, mr.Morgan" I say grinning.