seven souls seven sins

By avstroscomet

not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia b... More

characters & aesthetics
house aesthetics
chapter 1: finished history
chapter 2: my life the old life
chapter 3: new changes
chapter 4: tears and tension
chapter 5: broken bones
chapter 6: morning person
chapter 7: breakfast is served
chapter 8: household rules
chapter 9: slow start
chapter 10: reunited again
chapter 11: chit chat
chapter 12: waterfalls and waterworks
chapter 13: life of guilt
chapter 14: little sister
chapter 15: bags in hand
chapter 16: long week
chapter 17: eat up buttercup
chapter 18: better again
chapter 19: icecream parlour
chapter 20: happy hour
chapter 21: spy in disguise
chapter 22: surprises oh surprises
chapter 23: former fun
chapter 25: unexpected amends
chapter 26: back to school
chapter 27: the new girl
chapter 28: mr. mysterious
playlist
chapter 29: there for you
chapter 30: caught red handed
chapter 31: blood bound
chapter 32: double trouble
chapter 33: time is ticking
chapter 34: sick day
chapter 35: take it easy
chapter 36: deal breaker
chapter 37: passenger princess
chapter 38: no way jose
chapter 39: long gone
chapter 40: not today nat
chapter 41: high five friday
chapter 42: fist to face
chapter 43: outburst starburst
chapter 44: changing rooms
chapter 45: familiar faces
chapter 46: expect the unexpected
chapter 47: bikini bottom
chapter 48: boys and booze
chapter 49: back to black
chapter 50: friendly foe
chapter 51: dear liver

chapter 24: family feud

734 17 9
By avstroscomet

Natasha's pov:

Flynn grabs a spare stool and sits down beside me. Together, we manage to launch three missiles directed at the Delaware warehouse. Hopefully this would cause enough chaos for Charles and he would focus on the warehouse situation instead of trying to get his son out of prison.

Where he deserves to be.

times passes

We spent the past couple of hours chatting about things like Formula 1 to how German Shepards are the superior dog breed. We even discussed the possibility of Vincent being the head mafia of Brazil. I check my watch and the time reads 19:20. I look back to Flynn who was already studying me. I pout and announce "It's dinner time." Flynn sassily rolls his eyes and says "They can wait a few minutes."

The corner of his mouth tilts a little.

"Only five." I warn replying with another smirk.

"Why do you even need to go downstairs on time?" Flynn asks whiney. "Cause it's polite. You do the same don't you?" I counter back. "I mean yeah, but that's because they are family. You barely even know these people." He rebuttals. whilst murmuring the last sentence. I contradict him "I may not know them well enough to consider them family but at least they provide me with basic needs such as a warm meal."

I didn't necessarily like my biological brothers but they're better than mum.

"Yea, yea whatever." He mocks. "What's your problem Flynn?" I ask puzzled. He stares deeply into my marine eyes. "It might seem childish or something, but I genuinely don't trust them to take care of you." He admits. "I care for you princess, I truly do, but I just don't think these people have the right intentions for you at heart." He blurts out.

What the actual heck?

I question him spontaneously, clearly not using my head "How do you know what's best for me, hm?"

"I just don't trust them okay? Not until we figure out if they're truly in the mafia or not." He finalises swiftly. I take a moment to digest his take on my biological brothers. "I understand your concern for my safety, I really do, but some of them have been nothing but nice to me and I would take that anyday over what I had before." I finish solemnly.

He knew exactly what I really meant.

"Look, it's getting late for dinner and we should get a move on." I say whilst getting up. "Tash, wait." He says to my back. I can sense his tall figure rising behind me. I can feel his gaze lingering to my back. "What now?" I ask in the same position. He starts "Stay." I look over my shoulder and then I fully turn to face him.

I wasn't hungry but I wanted to spend time with my biological brothers as Flynn was getting on my nerves.

"Pick princess. Pick between them or the trio." he orders me confidently. I was appalled to say the least. "You're genuinely making me choose between you or my biological brothers?" I ask repeatedly as if I didn't hear correctly. "Yes. It's either Seb and I or them." He confirms. "Flynn, I'm living in their house. It's a completely unfair ultimatum." I reply shockingly.

"I have my answer." He replies coldly whilst he starts to gather his belongings.

"Flynn it's not like that-" I start. "It seems that way." He finishes nonchalantly. "Flynn, please list-" I begin again. "You don't even know these people Tash. You've known us for years. We've been there for you thick and thin and you're choosing the people you met this week over us. It seems to me that you've already made your choice." He finalises and begins to head for my bedroom door.

Fuck.

"Flynn wait." I plead. "Talk to you in school." He replies bitterly behind his back. He leaves my room and heads down the stairs. I hear the front door open and shut briefly. I knew that if I chased after Flynn, the fight would escalate and that is the last thing that I would've wanted.

Believe me.

I run my hand through my hair as a stress reliever and it hits me. IM LATE FOR DINNER. I unwillingly check the time on my phone which reads 19:34. Shit. I mean I was only four minutes late, it isn't the end of the world. I slide on my uggs and hurriedly go down the stairs. I quicken my pace when I hear voices lingering near the dining room.

My biological brothers.

I swiftly brush past everyone and ignore their stares and sit down in my designated spot. They all watch at me but I dismiss their meaningless stares. They appeared to be concerned for me but who was I to tell. How could I trust them? I sound like Flynn right now, but what if Flynn was right.

Maybe I could never trust them.

Vincent clears his voice loudly and all eyes are on him. I spot that the twins, Xavier and Xander have came back from school but they appear to be in their football attire. "You're late." Vincent announces.  I reply with "No shit Sherlock." I flick my gaze towards Xavier where a spot him holding back a laugh. He causes me to slightly grin before focusing my attention back to Vincent.

I just wanted to eat and go to the gym. I needed to train myself out to relieve all this stress that I have accumulated. From Vincent in the morning till Flynn a few moments ago, my mind needed a thorough deep clean. Not long after, the maids Helena and Lina appear in the room with our dinner.

I smelt the aroma before it could even hit my nostrils.

The maids then serve our dishes with pre-made portions. Chicken Katsu Curry. One of my favourite dishes ever. Growing up in the UK exposed me to numerous different cultures and cuisines. There was this one  Japanese restaurant near my old school. Seb, Flynn and I would usually go there on special occasions.

It was our special place, no matter the circumstances.

My head pauses whilst I soak up all the good memories from back then. When it was just us three against the world. Some would even say 'The Three Muskateers'. The vision comes to a close and I'm transported back to the current world. The world where I'm in a room full of my six biological brothers and too much testosterone in my palm.

Just the dream.

I look up from my plate and everyone has almost finished their food. My gaze is brought back to my food and then my fork. I eat a few bites, more than my usual. The spices land on my tongue and hit all the right places. It was a delicious meal. By the time I finish, the rest of my biological brothers have clean, pearly white plates.

Gosh, they were quick eaters.

I was about to excuse myself to change into my gym clothes when Adrien interrupts me. "Where did Flynn go?" He asks with one brow raised. I pause a little before I answer. "He left right before dinner. He didn't want to be a burden." I finally say and flash him a thoughtful yet cautious smile. He nods his head and continues to drink his water.

"Princess did you enjoy your food?" Vincent asks me directly.

"Oh yea, it's one of my favourites." I reply enthusiastically. Although the scene with Flynn earlier was replaying in my mind I didn't hesitate to put on a good mood. Unlike others, I don't take out my frustrations on others who don't deserve it. Although Vincent hasn't been the nicest to me in the past, what he did today was really sweet and I'm grateful for it.

Even if it means bonding with him, I don't mind.

"Good to hear." He whips out a small smile of approval. I think he and I both know that the nutritionist helped and it's working. I gather my plate and tuck in my chair and step into the kitchen to leave my used plate. I was washing my hands when all of a sudden Xander pops up out of nowhere.

Great. Just my luck.

Of course it was him out of all people. I was wiping my hands on a hand towel when what he said makes me pause in my tracks. "Do you have an ED?" He asks quietly but loudly enough for only me to hear. It was barely a whisper. I turn around, my gaze reaching his. I was shocked to say the least.

Honestly, I should've expected it coming.

"What did you just say?" I ask unsure if I heard him wrong the first time. I was already in disbelief. "Do you have an eating disorder?" He repeats again bolder this time. My eyes widen whilst his stare into my eyes, as if he's trying to search for something deep within my soul. The only thing I could find was guilt laced inside his arctic eyes. "That doesn't concern you." I didn't deny nor confirm the answer.

If I said yes, he would probably make fun of me till the day I die. Classic Xander behaviour.

"So you have an ED?" he asks yet again whilst trying to study me. I let off some steam "God can you just shut up for once." He steps back whilst I just stand there fuming at his behaviour. "You call me anorexic a few days ago, and now you're asking if I have an ED? You can be so condescending, you know?"

He deserves my rage after all he's done to me.

"You have an eating disorder." He clarifies almost as if he's denying it himself. He stands there in pure disbelief. I have had enough of this utter bullshit. I walk past him and leave him in the kitchen and walk up to my room. I find my open laptop sitting on my desk. I shut it close and tuck it under my bedside table.

Time to release my mind.

I peer into my bathroom to take a look in the mirror. I tie my lushes dark hair into a high ponytail with my cream coloured scrunchie. I walk back into my wardrobe and pick out a blue pair of Lululemon leggings and a white sports bra from Gymshark. I pop on my new apple watch to track my fitness level and the iron in my blood.

Just incase anything happens.

I pick out a gorgeous set of blue runners from NewBalance and hurry down the stairs. This mansion was massive. Most people easily get lost often. Not me though. Once I know something, it stays in my mind for ages, even if I don't want it to linger there. I still remember the last time I went with Chase.

I destroyed him and his integrity.

I finally find the gym doors and with one big push they whoosh open. I step into the vicinity to find my headphones. Navy blue Sony headphones. It turns out that money can buy quality after all. I connect it via Bluetooth to my phone and open the Spotify app. My thumb scrolls over the many songs imbedded within my playlist.

When I mean thousands, I mean thousands. No hyperbole intended.

I select Passionfruit by Drake. It gives me summer vibes during the coldness of January. It gives me a sense of hope. Whilst the beats are bouncing around my ears, I choose to do one of my tougher workouts for today. The rougher it is, the better I feel. I make my way towards the leg press and begin my intricate gym schedule.

Peace at its finest.

times passes

It had been almost a full hour when I was midst workout and all a sudden the gym door flies open. I spot Leo and Chase making their way towards me. They are dressed in black camisoles and grey sweatpants. Leo had a white stained towel over his broad shoulder. "Tash what are you doing here?" Leo asks me.

What did they say?

I take off my headphones and he repeats it again. "What do you think?" I ask back sassily at him with one eyebrow raised. Even a five year old child would be able to know what I was doing, but not a 22 and 19 year old? The truth was that I wanted to be alone in the gym to work some excess steam off.

Little did I know that these two would be able to change my mind sooner than later.

"We were about to start self defence, care to join?" Chase asks with a slight smile. "It would be my pleasure." I reply thoughtfully. Leo, Chase and I begin to train against each other for the next 45 minutes. Before Xavier and Adrien join the mix. Apparently my biological brothers tended to work out on Friday evenings together.

Now they added me to the routine.

Unfortunately for my biological brothers, I was taking them down. Xavier couldn't even compete with me another time because he was so tired from the first round we did. We continued to play a battle-royal type of elimination round. After the next thirty minutes it was just Adrien and I for the final match. I wasn't going to go easy on him.

I could practically taste the victory from a mile away.

We were in the middle of our duel when the doors burst open for the third time today. I was none other than the infamous and irritating Xander. I knew right then and there that he was my next opponent that I wanted to fight. I could even feel the rage bubbling from within my blood.

I also felt that everyone in the room could feel the tension between us.

Author's pov:

Hey y'all! Thank you all so much for 700+ reads! You all mean the world to me and it's beyond crazy how many views the book has reached. I am so grateful for every single one of you and y'all give me motivation to continue writing.

Sorry for the filler chapter and not updating this week but I had my geography grade to complete this week so my main focus was on that. I have also started the Shatter Me series so my time will either be spent on that or writing.

What do we think of Flynn this chapter?

What do we think is going to happen with Nat versus Xander?

Word count: 2400

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

677K 16.7K 37
Adelina Bianco was kidnapped at 5 years old after her home was ambushed. Her once perfect life with her 6 brothers was turned upside down and she now...
841K 29.6K 59
Sequel to The Family I Hate. COMPLETE ✅ You gotta read that book first or this will make no sense. ___________ "You'...
57.4K 1.6K 36
Beatrice Anderson has never lived a normal life. Living in a town where gangs run wild and no one seems to follow the law Beatrice has become quite...
1.8M 45.8K 64
What happens when a mother and father get a divorce leaving their seven children heart broken and seperated from one another. When the father receive...