Keeper → George Russell

By SuspiciouslySav

They say she was a keeper, both in sports and in personality. They say that you were supposed to hold her out... More

Disclaimer
CAST
PLAYLIST
PROLOGUE
i| The Norris Bunch
ii| Emilia and me
iii| Alex and Holly
iV| Eye for detail
V| Deals and Destinations
Vii| Bad idea, right?
Viii| The bet
iX| Breakfast?
X| Problems
Xi| Solutions
Xii| A date?

Vi| Too busy to party?

685 25 0
By SuspiciouslySav

⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆🇬🇧⋆ ★⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᴵᴺᴳ : The Climb

"I can almost see it, that dream I'm dreaming."

Holly Norris would love to know if she or Lando would do better on the reaction test.

It was just a thought she'd had for a while but one she had never tested. The reaction test consisted of a few things but the most notable one was having to press the buttons as they lit up and it was something they both did.

She had to follow the ball at all times, always knowing when she'd have to make the next save or shout at her team when they weren't doing their jobs properly. Holly knew no one was perfect but they were paid to keep the ball away from the goal. The better they did their jobs, the less Holly had to do (not that it bothered her but it did decrease the chance of injury if they controlled the other team).

"Holly, do you want to race me?"

Holly glanced up from the green-lit buttons, eyes trailing to the grinning Niamh Charles. Niamh was one of the left-backs and they got on well, both being around the same age. Niamh was often cheerful and 

"Aren't you supposed to be busy?" Holly hummed in amusement.

"Not for another ten minutes," Niamh insisted. "To the goal and back?"

"You know you'll win though!" Holly snorted. "Your job is to run, I'm just very good at diving."

"Erin thinks you're faster than me, she bet me £10."

"Oh I see what this is," Holly smirked. "Okay then. Let me win Erin some money so I'm her favourite."

"How was your brother's race?" Niamh questioned as the two of them got into a running position.

"Bad. I felt really bad for him," Holly frowned. "Oscar is nice, that's his new teammate. I do miss Danny though."

"It's still mad that Lando Norris is your brother. And isn't your sister a horserider? Your family must have mad genes."

"Sure do, we're sporty...anyway...three...two...one...go!"

Just as Holly had predicted, Niamh was faster than her. It wasn't much of a surprise, considering Holly focused on how quick to dive, reaction times and steading steady when catching the ball. Running wasn't where her strengths lay. Besides, Erin would be okay without her £20.

They had just won against Everton and now they were about to go up against Leicester for the Super League. Just after that, there was the final against Manchester United for the FA Cup, which her family would be coming to watch.

"What's got your head in the clouds?" Millie bright questioned as she passed Holly.

"Life," Holly winked.

"So not a man?"

"I wish," Holly scoffed.

"A pretty woman like you should be doing just fine, Holls," Millie smiled.

"I can pull a man if I want one...I just don't actually want to be with one long-term when I know they'll just be after what I do for a living," Holly pointed out, shrugging. "Men are too much effort anyway."

"Not always," Millie insisted. "Get your head of the clouds though, they want you to do drills with the others."

"Already back on earth," Holly saluted.

⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆🇬🇧⋆ ★⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆⋆★ ⋆

Holly was late.

The woman had never been particularly organised when it came to being on time and often had to get to places too early just to avoid being late. Not to mention, she had to get through London which was bad enough on its own. She underestimated how long it would take.

It was embarrassing for her, not matter how many times she was late, because she never wanted to purposely waste someone else's time.

"I am so sorry I am late," Holly emphasised as she jogged towards the manager of the shoot.

"Don't worry about it, we just started with George's pictures first," The woman, Hanna, replied.

Holly hadn't even realised George was there until she turned her head. He was a natural for photoshoots, she had to admit. It wasn't too much of a surprise because Holly had seen all of the memes George managed to get himself thrown into. They were impossible to avoid when her social media were filled with all F1 and Football content.

"We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule," said Hanna lightly.

Holly thought it made it sound like they weren't paying her to be here but she still gave the woman a slight nod as she analysed George Russell

"Hi, Holly," George greeted kindly.

"Hello Russell," Holly smirked. "Lovely day we're having, isn't it?"

"Uh yeah..."George furrowed his eyebrows.

"You look dashing," Holly continued in her teasing tone. "Very British."

"Am I not supposed to be?" George laughed.

Holly didn't reply as she moved towards where they were directing her to stand. In the corner of her eye, she could see the pure confusion and curiosity on George's face. For some reason, Holly thrived on people being interested in her; she supposed it was because it made her feel like all the flirting got her somewhere.

Part of her wanted to know how George reacted to how she looked in the sunset, perhaps she looked like something out of a movie...or maybe her ego was just getting slightly too big for her.

"Let's get the two of you together," The photographer insisted. "Holly, if you could lean your elbow on George's shoulder, that would be great. He's just a little taller so George, you might need to slightly lean back."

"Don't swoon, Russell, you'll ruin the picture," Holly whispered in his ear, resting her elbow on his shoulder.

"Wouldn't dream of it, Norris."

Resisting the urge to host her signature smirk, the goalkeeper focused on the camera instead.

They were there for around two hours until the sun had set and Holly had begun to get restless. She didn't have anywhere to be but every bone in her body felt the need to get herself to somewhere she could feel the bass of music and the air of dancing.

It was considered a bad habit for someone who was supposed to be a source of inspiration for a lot of people as well as representing her team wherever she went. She just made sure not to get caught or act like it was a one-time thing. Holly was allowed to have fun, she just got carried away occasionally.

"Any plans?" George questioned as they headed towards their cars.

"I was hoping you'd make plans with me," said Holly, fluttering her eyelashing. "Or are F1 drivers too busy to party?"

"I'd have thought your footballer lifestyle didn't allow you to party that much," George bit back. "Don't you have a game coming up?"

"Not for two days," Holly scoffed. "I have a magical power called...being able to party without alcohol. I just like the vibes."

"Do you know anywhere that has 'the vibes'?" George questioned with a small grin.

"I know so many."

I feel like Holly is that annoying friend that goes around teasing you about the guy you like but you know they'd totally get the one you want if they tried LOL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 1K 41
Gabi Norris sister of Lando Norris gets hired to work as a photographer for various teams in which she makes some good friends and some who may even...
530K 8.9K 33
Lando Norris entered the F1 in 2019, and with that, the story started. Alison Norris, Lando's twin sister, visits her brother a lot. The siblings had...
47.6K 1.1K 17
"she means too much to me for the media to give her hate, i was just protecting her." in which max verstappen's childhood best friend catches the ey...
16.5K 255 21
Amelia Callaghan is a simple girl. She graduated a 5 year long Radiography(x-rays and stuff) degree a couple of months ago and has been looking for a...