The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

39) Unpleasant Pleasantries

137 5 0
By JaneMayLily

This chapter is based on Episode 7

Sophie POV

"Can you drop me off at Asami's? We should fly over her estate soon."I shout to the front of the bison.

Opal shouts back a 'sure' and I hold onto my bag a bit more tightly.

I look over at Korra and give her a small smile.

"I'll meet you and Mako in a bit. Tell him to meet us at the restaurant I told you about at like 14:00"I say and she nods steadily.

I can sense that she's nervous about seeing the rest of the gang again, which is understandable.

Opal drops me off and soon Asami and I are making our way to the restaurant to meet Mako, Korra and sadly also Prince Wu.

"By the way Asami I lost your plane."I say quickly,"but you probably figured that out already."

She takes her eyes of the road for a few seconds to roll them at me.

"It's only okay because you're going help me build a new one."she grins and it's my turn to roll my eyes.
Fair enough though.

We park the car and quickly make our way into the restaurant.

"Mako!"I call out and quicken my steps.

His face lightens up from his frown (which was definitely caused by Prince Wu) and he takes a few steps towards me.

I give him a tight hug and start to explain a bit of what happened in Zaofu.

After Korra greets everyone and, survives anther one of Wu's terrible attempts to flirt, we sit down.

I slide into the booth after Asami and Mako takes a seat next to me.

"I thought it was just going to be the four of us."Asami whispers harshly.

"Sorry, I couldn't ditch him, but he promised to be on his best behaviour."Mako replies and I let out a snort.

"Hey, pop into the avatar state for me. I want to see your already bright eyes glow."Wu flirts and runs a hand through his hair.

"No!"Korra replies causing Wu to sulk and look at me as I'm sitting directly opposite him.

"Soo Sophie-"Wu starts
"No."Mako glares at him and shakes his head.

"Okay. Fine she already bagged a good looking prince anyway."Wu quickly says and takes a sip from his drink.

"So can you go into the avatar state again? I was worried when you told me you couldn't."Asami frowns.

"Wait. When did she tell you she couldn't?"Mako asks and looks at them,"What's going on between you two?"

"I wrote to Asami while I was away. I asked her not to tell you. I'm sorry."Korra apologises and Mako looks at me.

"Well why didn't you ever write to me? Or Bolin ? Or Sop- well I assume you didn't write to her."he says and I shake my head.

Well I mean I got one letter at like the beginning but eh let's not count that.

"I don't know. I guess I didn't know what to say."

"A hello would have been nice."he sulks and I nudge him from under the table and shake my head.

Not the time.

"Mako, if it makes you feel any better, she didn't write to me either."Wu sighs.

I give him a bad look,"oh my word shut it."

"I'm sorry I didn't stay in touch, but I'm back now and I want to know everything about what's been going on with you three."Korra says and gives me a look.

I know she's burning to find out what happened between me and Kuvira.

"I went to visit my father for the first time. He'd been writing me letters and I guess I finally felt ready to try and forgive him."Asami rubs her hands over her face.

"You sure you can trust him?
He might just be manipulating you again."Korra asks.

"You think I don't know what my own father is capable of?"

"N-no. I didn't mean-"

"You don't get to disappear for three years and then act like you know what's best for me."

"It's not like I planned to be gone that long. I wanted to come back, but I never felt ready until now."

There is a tense silence only broken by the one and only Wu.

"As much as I'm enjoying this little catch-up, my royal bladder is about to explode. Mako?"Wu says and I gag.

Mako argues against joining him to the bathroom and ultimately wins the fight.

"Do you always go to the bathroom with him?"I ask, pulling a face.

"I don't go with him with him. I just stand there while he- I don't want to talk about it."

We wait for a while but Wu doesn't return so Mako checks up on him.

Asami and  Korra follow while I wait at the table.

I wait patiently till I hear a big crash and Korra shouting.

I jump up and almost run one of the waiters over.

"Hey you have to pay your bill!"he shouts after me.

"Put it on the Princes tab!"

I run towards the noise, out of the back door and meet with the rest of the group, well except Prince Wu.

"You three get the car." Korra shouts and runs into the road.

We jump into the car and Asami starts driving like a mad man.

After an epic chase we catch up to the truck.
Well we catch up to the wrecked truck that Korra had just pushed of a highway.

Mako grabs the driver by his collar and slams him against the truck side.

"Where is prince Wu?!"

The guy smirks,"Probably half way to Kuvira by now.
All hail the great Uniter."

The man looks at me and his eyes change into ones of recognition.

"They must have moved Wu to a different vehicle when we lost sight of them."Asami suggests.

Soon a police car arrives and takes the guy in for booking.

"Where do we start?"I ask.

"I don't know. There are thousands of cars in the city and he could be in anyone of them."

"The one time I don't watch him pee this happenes."Mako says and I feel the need to gag again.

We looks towards Korra and I can feel her making a connection with the spirit vines.

I know exactly what she is doing.

"They're taking Wu to the train station!"She concludes

"Are you sure? How do you know?"

"I'll explain on the way just drive."

We jump into the car and Asmi drives us to the train section at a crazy pace and Korra explains how she knew about Wu's location.

We arrive at the train station and immediately split up to look for Wu.

I touch the ground and try to feel Wu's energy.

His energy guides me to a train on the third lane.

I quickly step on and walk to the baggage area and look around the room.

I hear rattling inside a bag further into the wagon and walk towards it.

I feel a presence behind me and turn around.
"Sorry miss you shouldn't be in here. May I guide you out."A man in train station uniform says politely.

"Sorry I'll only be a minute. I'm looking for a package that got misplaced here."

"Oh no you must be mistaken.
We make no mistakes."

"You're only human.
Give me a minute and I'll go out."

I feel the train start to move.

"Don't make me throw you out, Sophie."

There is a moment of silence before I throw my first fire punch.

He jumps away and I make a run for the rattling suitcase.

"Wu?"I shout and the suitcase screams louder.

I take the knife form my belt and rush forward.

Before I reach the suitcase I'm tackled.

He grabs hold of my hand and try's to rip the knife form me,"You should be dead. Your a traitor to Kuvira and the earth empire!"

"You can tell Kuvira to suck it if I decide to let you live!"I shout back and kick him off of me.

He metal bends wires my way but because this wasn't my first time fight against a metal bender, I knew how to deflect it.

I shoot more fire at him setting a few of the suitcases on fire.

The room starts smoking up and I let out a cough.

"You really do make a mess wherever you go."he shouts and rushes forward towards me again.

I sweep his legs out from under him, sir on top of him and put the knife at his throat.

"Why aren't your friends coming to help you? I know they are out there waiting."I ask and I feel the air quality sink drastically.

"I told them to wait for the avatar and your other buddies to arrive. Told them I could handle you alone."he sneers and throws me off of him.

I scramble back up glance at the suitcase,"you clearly told wrong."

I run towards him and just as I'm about to strike he's knocked out from behind.

I hold my knife back up and prepare myself for round two.

The person might have helped me but for all I know they want to be the one to end me.

I see it's Mako, Korra and Asami and falter slightly.

"Are you okay?"Korra asks and I nod before rushing towards the suitcase, cutting it open and letting Wu out.

"More trouble."I say and point to the people walking frantically towards us from both sides.

"Let's get out of here."Korra says and literally rips open the roof of the train.

Korra airbends the Prince and herself out of the train and helps the rest of us out.

The wind is wildly whipping my hair around and my eyes start to burn.

We run along the very fast moving train (well Korra is carrying Wu) and Mako is holding one of my arms to make sure I don't fall.

I see people run towards us from the front and hear heavy footsteps behind us.

Once they reach us they immediately start attacking and one of the guys manages to sweep Mako's feet from under him.

Mako falls back onto me, making me fall back and over the edge of the roof.

I scream as I feel myself fall but Mako manages to catch part of my arm.

"Hold on!"he shouts and try's to pull me up but fails as he has no leverage point.

"Trust me I'm not letting go!"I shout back and readjust my slipping fingers.

"Korra!"Mako shouts and I feel myself being airbent back onto the train roof.

I scramble onto my feet and let out a shaky breath.

"Thanks!" I shout and see more of Kuvira's underlings arriving.

I hear the creek of metal and the roof starts lifting up, trying to surround the five of us.

"Hold on to something!"Korra shouts and I look at her frantically.

'What is she planning?'

Suddenly Korra airbends an air bubble around us and before any of us could react she throws us off the train.

We fall for a couple of seconds, only barely hitting a rock before we have a rather harsh landing on the ground.

Korra releases the bubble and I just lay on the ground for a couple of seconds and groan.

It feels like I just died and was revived...again.

"You okay?"Mako asks from besides me.

"Yeah."I say and slowly sit up.

Soon Wu got all up into Mako's space again and ranked us for saving him.

"Soo Korra do you maybe want to go out with me know? After you saw how brave I was?"Wu flirts.

"I'm good."

"Soo I'll put you down for a maybe?"

"How about a never."she replies and I chuckle

"It feels just like old times again."I day,"Us fighting bad guys as a team."

"Yeah except the whole getting on each others nerves thing."Asami says and grins.

"I'm sorry, guys but I'm glad we're finally back together again."Korra says and we all group hug.

"Aww come here."I hear Wu say but don't feel him join the hug.

We release the hug and I look at Wu,"So what are we going to do with him?"

Mako looks at Asami,
"I got an idea."

After a painful few miles, some airbending and me wanting to through Wu into a ditch, we finally reach Asami's house.

"Damn Mako I didn't know you came from money?"Wu say's impressed.

"Because I don't. This is Asami's house. She was nice enough to let my family stay here and Asami agreed to also let you stay here till it's safe for you to go somewhere else."

Someone opens the door before we could and it reveals my grandma.
"Sophie! Mako!"she greets but freezes when she sees Prince Wu.

He kisses her hand and she faints as a result.

"Our grandmother loves the royal earth family."I explain and Wu grins.

"Then I'll do just fine here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 9.8K 96
Water.... Earth... Fire... Air A long time ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. The skies were filled with life and the land with love, b...
866K 23K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...
47.2K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...
98.8K 3.2K 18
- "All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you." - Y/n always searched for an escape as little, always feeling captured by the past. - "...