Pan's Tiger

By Annabelle_the_reader

'My Tiger Lily....' He whispered the name I hadn't heard since the natives were killed by Peter Pan. Undernea... More

Chapter 1: Dreamshade
Chapter 2: Peter Pan
Chapter 3: His Tiger
Chapter 4: Fighting Pan
Chapter 6: Let's Play
Chapter 7: Ex-husband
Chapter 8: Waking from a nightmare to a nightmare
Chapter 9: Training
Chapter 10: Lost Girl Games
Chapter 11: A story for a story
Chapter 12: Flight Danger
Chapter 13: Visiting an old friend
Chapter 14: The most loyal Lost Boy
Chapter 15: Unruly Fighting
Chapter 16: Baelfire
Chapter 17: Dreams in Neverland
Chapter 18: Trouble
Chapter 19: Saving Bae
Chapter 20: Goodbye Bae?
Chapter 21: Playing Pan's Game
Chapter 22: More Boy than Lost
Chapter 23: The Novel with no End
Chapter 24: The Power to Save Neverland
Chapter 25: The Heart of the Truest Believer
Chapter 26: After finding Henry
Chapter 27: Manipulation
Chapter 28: The Hard Way
Chapter 29: Punishments
Chapter 30: The Very Hard Way
Chapter 31: Don't Forget the Past
Chapter 32: Don't cross an angry Pan
Chapter 34: Worst days make Best days
Chapter 35: Henry
Chapter 36: The Truest Belief
Chapter 37: Deceptive Dancing
Author's Note

Chapter 5: Home is where the Heart is

4.8K 97 13
By Annabelle_the_reader

Hey,
Thanks for reading. Sorry I haven't been able to update, but it have wifi now so that won't be a problem anymore.
This is quite a long chapter, considering I haven't been updating very often, especially as I have been away, I thought I would write some more.
Please vote and comment.
Enjoy,
Annabelle_the_reader
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rolled over sharply, my head throbbing in an indescribable pain shooting throughout my body. I groaned immediately, my hand flying to my head to put pressure on my wound.

Sitting up on my elbows, I inspected my surroundings curiously. I was in some kind of forest, my arms tied behind my back with tight ropes. I looked around, but saw no signs of humanity until I heard voices coming from far behind me, before they stopped abruptly and I could feel the owner's of the voices smirking at me.

'I was wondering when you'd finally wake up, Princess,' came the familiar command of the owner of the voice, undoubtedly smirking. Peter Pan. I almost laughed.

'How did I guess it would be you who came for me, my husband?' I taunted, using the only grasp he has on me against him, making him clearly angry. 'The Malcolm from my dreams and the Peter Pan from my nightmares. Two different faces, the same evil, twisted person underneath it all. How nice of you to drop by and rescue me from the pirates, did you even know what you were doing?' I wondered simply, smirking slightly even though he couldn't see me under the shadow of the forest's darkness and the hooded cloak that concealed his sight. All he could see would be strands of jet black hair, falling in unkempt curls down my shoulders.

He stepped forward and snapped a dagger across my ropes, causing them to fall to the ground. I didn't react to the sores on my hands, but raised an eyebrow, pretending to be unimpressed. Honestly, my eyes were fixated on him. I hadn't been able to study him so closely before, just from the dreams I now realised were vivid memories.

'It's just Pan, Malcolm doesn't exist anymore,' He snapped, using the power he had obtained through pointing his dagger at my throat. I swallowed, but now I had my hands free so I was able to be slightly more confident. Yet he wouldn't release me unless he knew that I couldn't do anything to escape, there was something sinister about it.

Hating how now he had his dagger pressed against my throat, I took a small step forward and removed my hood gently, revealing myself to him. Pan's jaw dropped, his eyes staring at me in awe, looking around me in repulsion and hatred.

'How did you manage to survive so long, I expected you to be dead, Tiger Lily...' I winced at his faint whisper that not even the Lost Boys, who I knew would be lurking in the shadows around the clearing, could hear.

'It seems I can defy death now, can I? Do you not remember what happened, Pan? How you kept me here and what a stupid huge mistake that was?' His eyes narrowed, but he quickly regained himself and smirked confidently at me. Peter Pan hated mistakes, particularly when he claims to never make them.

'Mistake? Never.' He mumbled, his face inches from mine so only I could hear. 'That's the kind of thing you do, isn't it? Things like marrying a villain? Or leaving your son behind at the hands of his Father because of threats from your family? Or letting you son die because of your husband's carelessness? Or coming back into Neverland's realm, falling right into my trap after all these years? I expected more from you, Little Tiger.'

'Aye, and you'll get it.' I said in return confidently, using dialect words I had discovered on my voyage to Neverland just to annoy him further. His eyebrows knitted together and he frowned at me for a long moment, before his smirk widened. After all of this time, I believe Peter Pan almost missed me.

'Princess Tiger Lily-' he smirked, narrating for the Lost Boys who couldn't see me because of my short height and slender figure behind Pan's muscular one. I didn't even notice the Lost Boys were there. Pan snapped around sharply to face the Lost Boys. '-has become one of the foolish sailors, no less!'

And Peter Pan laughed at his own joke, and when he did, all the Lost Boys laughed too, because Peter's laugh was a most contagious thing.

They roared with laughter, smirking at one another as they watched me with curiosity. I confidently folded my arms in front of my chest, rather awkwardly under Pan's dagger, which was still lingering at my neck. Then I glared icily at the Lost Boys, which sadly only enhanced their laughter. 'It's just Lily.'

'What? Like a nickname?Like how you call Liam Jones your Captain?' Pan sneered, the Lost Boys still clutching their sore stomachs after laughing so hard. He could tell he was winding me up by mentioning one of the few people I trusted, along with Killian and Oliver, but even they couldn't protect me from the infamous, villainous and repulsive Peter Pan.

Pan walked up to me to inspect me more closely, bending his dagger until it was directly below my chin, but not engraving my skin.

'Or like Pan?' I replied loudly and the Lost Boy's laughter instantly became silent. One could hear a pin drop or the wind gently rustling the leaves. Peter Pan's eyes narrowed, his glare evident as he stared at me.

'Is this usually how you address a man that could easily kill you, Princess Tiger Lily?' Pan asked, daring me to reply as I had done before. I shuddered at my lengthened name, realising I hadn't used it since leaving him in his world to save his life.

Calling myself a Princess reminded me of everything I had left behind at the hands of Peter Pan, before I returned with Killian Jones and Liam Jones to find Dreamshade: my brother, my mother, my father, my friends, my kingdom and most importantly, my people. But if I hadn't, I would never have had Rumple or married Malcolm. He removed his dagger from under my chin and brought it upwards, sliding the blade across my cheek. A small trickle of blood oozed from my wound and at the painful sight, I shuffled nervously backwards.

'Is this usually how you attract a girl's attention?' I replied confidently, inhaling deeply to spite him and pulled myself up tall, trying to intimidate him. Honesty, my bleeding cheek seemed to drain all of the colour from my countenance, my breaths became short and jagged and my whole body quaked gently in fear. 'With a blade at her throat?'

'Only if that's what she likes, Tiger Lily.' He winked and I was easily beginning to loath the flirtatious side of Peter Pan more than the obnoxiously ruthless and violent side of him. The Lost Boys sniggered around him, delighting in the fact that the threat to Peter Pan was now being threatened by him. He then mused, 'Hmmm.... I definitely prefer Princess Tiger Lily than just Lily, actually.'

'Submission and weakness isn't my thing I'm afraid, Pan.' I replied sourly, but fear was definitely laced into my confident tone. My breaths became even shorter as Pan took another step closer to me, so his breath was hot on the back of my neck.

'That is irrelevant, Princess Tiger Lily,' he said emphasising his reluctance to use my preferred name. 'I prefer a more dominant approach and you will learn to cope.'

The Lost Boys forced another chuckle again and smirked at one another, enjoying how fearful I was becoming and Peter Pan's reluctance to back down.

'Why don't you just kill me, Pan? You are not gaining anything from this interrogation.' I pointed out and his smirk somehow managed to widen across his insolent visage.

'But that wouldn't be any fun now would it?' Peter Pan's body was pushed so close to my own that I was sure he could feel me shudder beneath him, causing him to wear a satisfied smile. When I didn't reply, he continued to ask, 'Did my appearance in Neverland, after such a long time in my world, come as a surprise to you, Princess Tiger Lily?'

'I was wondering when you'd visit, I knew that you wouldn't be able to live with the satisfaction of just letting the natives try and kill me, but it did take you a little longer than I though. Almost two years? I'm embarrassed for you!' I chortled unsubtly, watching Peter Pan gently slipped his tongue over his lips, the way he used to do when he wanted a girl to fall in love with him. I swallowed, allowing my heart to race, but not letting my fear show.

'I want to make a deal with you, Tiger Lily,' He explained gently, but I wasn't easily fooled. Deals between Peter Pan, my ex-husband, and his victims never ended well for them. Almost everyone who's made a deal with him has been found dead or worse. Peter Pan never broke the rules, but he didn't seem to keep them either. I had made enough deals with him to know you couldn't trust a devil with a pretty face. Deals with Peter Pan meant bad news.

'No.' I said curtly.

'No?' He mused.

'I will not make a deal with you because I know that it will favour you and I will just be a pawn in whatever sick, twisted game you want to play. Just kill me or return me to the "Jewel of the Realm", I am of no further use to you.' I ordered bluntly, then added quietly, 'Please?'

He laughed, 'What would be the fun of letting you go, Tiger Lily? I think you will like my deal anyway, I have full confidence you will take it without second thought.' He continued and I shifted awkwardly from foot to foot.

'My answer is still no, Pan. You have nothing I want.' I stated matter-of-factly, narrowing my eyes, which just seemed to fuel his confidence and arrogance.

'Oh don't I?' He smirked and suddenly one of the Lost Boys grabbed a rope and dragged a limp boy from beside him. I gasped, my eyes begin to water at the sight of Oliver on the other end, looking in the worst state I had ever seen him in, even when I saw him unable to walk after just fighting with Felix, at least then he smiled. When Oliver didn't send me the biggest, most cheerful grin known to mankind, I knew something was wrong.

'I thought you were dead...' I whispered. His eyes met mine, but they were excessively weak and empty to even force a slightly convincing smile. In that moment, I hated Peter Pan more than ever before, even when I found out he lost our son or when I found out from the Shadow that he killed the natives. To see Oliver looking so weak and vulnerable, when he had been so confident and bold merely days before, broke my heart.

Pan ignored my comment and stated sternly, 'I will release him back to the "Jewel of the Realm" safely and carefully, letting them sail away without my interference, if you agree to my terms.'

Suddenly my eyes widened as I realised the sincerity of his words. Just like he had anticipated, I fell into his enticing trap and was immediately interested and was easily persuaded. I hated myself for wanting to agree so badly, but it didn't stop me again.

'You want my help?' Suddenly my confidence rocketed, enjoying my new sense of control over the situation. Choosing my words with fastidious care, I continued, 'You've got a rather unusual way of asking for it.' I almost laughed.

'Oh really?' He chortled, 'Then you will be interested to know that I will train you to fight and hunt, if you become a permanent, loyal Lost Girl and respect me like the others do. To make matters even better for you, I promise to help you and protect you against everything that might want to harm you. And of course, as well as this, I will return Oliver safely to the Jewel of the Realm, in this exact state.'

'Why?' I demanded suspiciously. I tilted my head to and fro, trying to figure out what it was that he wanted me for. As I suspected, Pan's expression was solid and revealed nothing to me. 'Why do you want me to stay here? What use am I to you?'

'That is no concern of yours,' Pan said simply, but I knew better. He wanted me to stay in Neverland for a purpose. 'You may prove further use to me in uncovering the secret to my eternal salvation.'

My jaw dropped and hesitated, looking at him in complete confusion. His eternal salvation? What did that entail? I decided that I would try to uncover answers as soon as possible because I wasn't sure whether someone as heartless and cruel should live eternally.

'Do you choose to accept my deal?'

'Let's see,' I tapped my chin gently, loving the way I was annoying him. 'Last time I trusted you with something like this, I ended up hating it, endangering you life and the life of my son, losing all of the natives and having to sail on a ship that eventually poisoned me and imprisoned my friend. Are you really in a position to ask me to trust you once again?'

'I may not be the most... well behaved boy in Neverland, but I always keep my promises.' He replied coldly, raising his eyebrows every other word to add emphasis, something I realised he did a lot. Having married him, I knew him well enough to know he was telling the truth that he always kept his promises, but I enjoyed annoying him.

'Can I trust you?' I repeated, only more forceful and angry this time. 'How do I know you aren't just going to trick me and not keep to your terms?'

'Are you really in a position to refuse?' Peter Pan asked me gleefully, gently twisting my own sword across my neck so that I could feel the blade distinctively. I shuffled gently backwards, not wanting to say anything that would anger him even more. As his smirk widened at this, I decided the risk was worth it.

'You wouldn't ask for my help if it wasn't necessary, therefore you wouldn't kill me.' I explained and Peter Pan smiled, realising that the deal was on. He flicked his wrist to remove my blade from my neck. 'Your word?' I asked sweetly.

'My word.' He nodded and so did I. 'I will release you as equal to a member of the Lost Boys, as a Lost Girl, if you promise not to harm me or the the Lost Boys and to respect our deal and my rules.' I bobbed my head once, eager to be released. 'Lets get moving then, Captain Liam Jones won't be waiting long for you and this sailor to return, not that he'd care if you didn't.' He added.

Suddenly, just as he turned around, I grabbed my sword and swung it towards him. Peter Pan, although facing the other way, caught my sword mid-swing with his dagger. He took a giant step towards me, bending his sword slightly so his lips were tantalisingly, menacingly close.

'You gave me your word, Kitten.' He stated, pretending to look upset.

I almost laughed. 'I did no such thing, Pan. You should know better than to make deals with the natives and people who sail the seas in a pirate-like manner. This is merely a metaphorical warning for the future.'

'I do know better, Princess, but the question is, do you know better? It is you that is in danger because it is my half of the deal that must be fulfilled second.' His curling, sinister smile didn't deter me and I almost returned it.

'I guess we have a deal then, Pan. Just answer this: what do you want from me? What use am I as a Lost Girl to you? You are wrong to think that I can help with your eternal salvation?'

Peter Pan laughed coldly and took a giant step closer to me, shortening the distance between us. 'That's for me to know and you to wonder, Little Tiger.'

'I suppose it is, Peter.' I said icily. 'Let's go and release Oliver then, please?' I began to walk towards the beach, the Lost Boys trundling behind me like lost sheep when Pan nodded them forwards.

'You coming Flyboy?' I called back, tossing my hair and laughing loudly at my own joke. Peter Pan growled and stumbled up to me, at my side in half a second, loathing me even more than he did before I arrived in Neverland the second time and therefore an instant enemy to the Lost Boys. Clearly being with the sailors had had some annoying affect on me. Peter Pan glanced at me and I knew from his expression that he just recently promised himself to reverse this idiocy as soon as possible.

When we reached the beach, Oliver was shoved into one of the ship's boats, given the ores and then pushed off from the shore. Oliver paddled quickly and fearfully, but his glance never broke away from me, his eyes just as hollow and empty as before. He now knew I married Pan and he would also tell the Captain. That was part of Pan's plan, to turn as many people away from me as possible. Why didn't I see that earlier?

Not being able to handle it any longer, I hurried forward screaming at Oliver that I would miss him and that I cared for him and even that, after everything that had happened, I loved him. My eyes rose as my body was dragged from Oliver, still kicking and screaming and fighting the Lost Boy who was trying to restrain me. In dismay, I powerlessly watched as he was sailed towards the "Jewel of the Realm".

I reached out, stretching my body as far as it would go to figuratively touch his outstretched hand. His eyes were wide with fear, all the blood drained from his cheeks as he watched them separate us once again. My efforts were useless, we both realised and took one last silent look, knowing it may be our last for potentially many years.

'I love you!' I screamed after him, but I didn't hear if he replied. Part of me wondered whether he did or not, whether after that he could possibly still love me, I know I couldn't. And now Peter Pan, my ex-husband, knew I loved Oliver, so I had doomed him too. I wept bitterly, realising everyone I touched was harmed by Peter Pan: my son, my husband, Oliver, Liam and the natives.

I stood there in silence, watching the "Jewel of the Realm", with Oliver on board disappear into the sunset. I was too sad and dehydrated for fresh tears to form in my eyes. I was leaving Oliver for good now, probably never to see him again.

Now I knew why the leaves brown in the fall.

Now I knew why the snowman melts in the spring.

Now I knew why every rose has its thorns.

Now I got why Oliver was not with me anymore.

But I had the best days with him, each day.

I stood, my bare feet clenching and unclenching my toes against the sand, uncomfortable with the scars from the rough pieces, and stared at the spot where the ship was last seen. Fear was ridden in my eyes, laced through every breath I took.

'What now?' I whispered.

Peter Pan bowed his head slightly, smirking at how I was reliant on him in moments like these. His plan was working, I was now merely a pawn in his endless game of Chess. 'The plan, Princess Tiger Lily, will be revealed shortly, only after you prove yourself to be a true Lost Girl, I think we need to have some fun, don't you boys!'

They all cheered and my eyes narrowed angrily, not wanting to play any of Pan's games. 'I can fight with you, Pan, you don't scare me.' I insisted, frustrated with Peter as I had almost beaten him previously.

'I know.' He said bluntly and flatly, as if it were irrelevant. 'That's not what I had in mind, Tiger Lily. You know how it goes from now, don't you?' Looking down at the ground submissively, I nodded once, the memories of his previous deals catching up on me and my heart rate quickened as I despised myself for agreeing to his terms. 'Let's play.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.1K 16
Every ONCER knows that Pan is a villain. A dreamy one in fact, but alas a villain. So when Amalie James and her brother come to Neverland, Amalie soo...
41.5K 1.1K 21
DISCLAIMER: I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 SO IT'S REALLY BAD "Nothing of your concern," he muttered. I frowned, "why Peter? Why do you do this?" My...
782 61 17
"It's a good thing you guys don't ask any questions." I look down at the young boy who spoke, who's hands are tied tightly together. Twe...
423K 12K 89
Peter Pan never thought he'd do anything selfless. He never thought he'd want to die. He never thought he'd be able to love. He never thought he'd se...