Living Death (TVD)

By nightty_night

Avery Gilbert was the star and eldest sibling of the Gilbert family. She was going into college to be a psych... More

Living Death
~ ACT I ~
01. A bland day
02. A Break
03. A disaster
04. The Room
05. Being There
07. Sheila
08. Elijah
09. Stone
~ACT II~
10. Reawakening

06. Days Pass

232 6 0
By nightty_night

picture

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

      "So, Avery, tell me more about what has happened recently with your family."

      Elijah and Avery sit in front of each other in the reading area, Klaus nowhere to be seen. Avery found it to be expected for the two men sometimes not to go to sleep with what they do in the living world. Avery was slowly getting used to it, but sometimes, she talked to herself occasionally.

      "Uhhh, not much I have seen. The last time I checked on them, Damon changed someone named Vickie Donavon, and Stefan had to deal with it. Mmmmmm, a Halloween party happened recently, and Vickie attacked my siblings, so now she is dead. I haven't checked on them since. I've been getting used to this place more for my sanity." Avery explained.

      "I see... not very exciting." Elijah hummed, leaning back with a sigh.

      "Sorry...Uh, what about you though? What's your story?" Avery smiled hesitantly.

      "Avery...I've already warned you that if I were to explain, you would not like it. I prefer it if you like me." Elijah smiled.

      "Please...I want to know your story. Klaus won't look at me nowadays. You are the only one who talks to me."

      "Alright, what would you like to know?"

      "Klaus mentioned a sister. Tell me about her."

      "Ah, Rebekah. Our stubborn, naive little sister. I love her dearly, but that girl will be the death of me and my brother. She has a temper worse than Klaus and a naive heart. Every boy or man she has met has fallen in love with her, and she fell in love with their love. Any male that has given her attention, she fell for them tenfold. Klaus did not like that, and every man Rebekah would love, he would kill. The only exception was Stefan, whom Klaus liked because of what he did."

      "She sounds...scary. But you care for her."

      "I do. And now she is at the bottom of the sea just like the rest of my family."

      "The rest of your family? What happened?"

      "Klaus. He tends to be paranoid that our father will come and kill them just because he cares for them. So he kept them away from him to keep them safe, but they are my family too..."

      "Your father?"

      "His name was Mikael. He was the leader of our village those thousand years ago. He never liked Klaus that much growing up. When our younger brother, Henrik, died, our mother turned us into vampires along with Mikael to protect us from ever having to die. After we became vampires, Mikael came to despise Klaus even more to force our mother to curse him."

      "Why would he do that?"

      Elijah let out a sigh, lowering his head unwillingly. "If your soul is tied to my brother and I's, I guess it would be best to let you know... Our mother was not completely faithful to our father. Our village was close to another, but we had to hide every full moon because of that other village. Werewolves are real; that village was a home for a pack of werewolves. Our mother spent time with one of those werewolves, and...then Klaus was born. Werewolves only turn when they kill someone, and when Klaus had his first kill, it was on a full moon night when he turned. Our father was tempted to kill Klaus, but my mother convinced him that there was another way, and soon, the curse was put on him."

      "Wait, so Klaus is part werewolf, part vampire? What did the curse do? Separate the two?"

      "Exactly that, my dear Avery. Klaus's curse hides the werewolf side inside of him and keeps him from ever using that side of himself."

      "Has he ever tried to remove it?"

      "Niklaus has been spending his and my siblings' lives trying to remove the curse. But every chance he gets, he loses it."

      "That's terrible..."

      "It is. But Niklaus is so paranoid about Mikael finding all of us and killing us he has hidden him away for the seas to eat away at."

      "I don't understand. Klaus loves you and his family, and he would rather be alone than have you all with him."

      "My brother is a mystery to me. I lost my understanding of him when he threw them into the sea."

      "Elijah, I'm so sorry..." Avery whispered, placing her hand on Elijah's arm and stepping closer.

      "Thank you, my dear. I am shocked and relieved that you are not afraid of me."

      "Why would I be afraid?"

      "I am a monster."

      "No, you are not, Elijah. If you are a thousand years old, you should know you are no monster and have a strong mentality."

      Elijah chuckled, staring down at Avery with a charming smile. "My my, the little human is mocking the old vampire."

      Avery grinned, biting her lip as she stared straight into Elijah's eyes. "Well, you don't have the confidence to call yourself a monster."

      "Really? I don't have the confidence?"

      "Yes. Noble vampire has no confidence because he's a "monster"'

      Elijah chuckled as he stepped closer, breaking the space between them both. He cupped Avery's chin underneath his hand delicately. "Would a noble vampire with no confidence be able to do this?"

      Avery felt her face heat up as Elijah's free arm wrapped around her waist and brought her closer. She watched Elijah's lips as they got closer and closer to hers before snapping her mind out of her trance. She shook her head and pushed Elijah an arm's length away.

      "I-I'm sorry...no," Avery whispered before turning away and entering her room.

      Avery did not hear anything else and knew that meant Elijah had woken up, leaving her alone. She brushed her fingers against her lips, not understanding the tingling feeling from them. Their lips didn't connect, and yet Avery felt as if she was missing something. Maybe she shouldn't have pushed away.

      Avery didn't want to think about that and stormed back into the main area and out the door to the living world, where she was still alone but got to be around people at least.

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

      As days pass, Avery has been watching over her family members and talking to either Klaus or Elijah. After her moment with Elijah, Avery felt afraid to speak to him. Fearful of rejection of any sort and never getting to speak to anyone. Klaus rarely talked or was rarely there, and Elijah was also nervous to be around Avery, but he never showed it. Avery didn't have as much of a connection with Klaus as she did with Elijah.

      Avery watched as Damon attacked Bonnie or Emily, Stefan "broke up" with Elena, and Logan Fell exposed himself to Stefan and Damon. She even watched Caroline and Liz argue about Caroline's dream career. She knew that if she were alive, she would tell Liz off for not caring about Caroline's future as she had always portrayed herself. She followed Caroline to the parking lot and found her with Logan Fell. She had to watch with tears in her eyes as one of her best friends was kidnapped. She stayed with Caroline the entire night, thanking Damon for saving her even though he couldn't hear her. She had no idea of her sister's car accident that night.

      As the days passed, Avery grew a little bored of being alone. She slowly started to find everything Damon and Stefan did funny and annoying. She just watched everything they did like it was a movie. She even made herself popcorn and other items of food for herself to snack on.

      The only time Avery didn't have fun watching her family was when Elena found out she was adopted. Avery watched Elena come home late one night for the conversation between her and Jenna. She remembered the one time her sister had mentioned Avery after her death, and she felt regret for how she treated Elena after their parents died.

      "Did Avery know?" Elena inquired, breathing in harshly.

      "Avery...Avery was only two when you arrived. I don't know if she remembered or not." Jenna sighed, trying to comfort Elena, but she kept pulling away.

      "Right. If she knew, she wouldn't have told me either. After all, she hated me for the accident."

      "Elena... Avery loved you."

      "Then why was she never here."

      Jenna didn't get to say her argument as Elena went upstairs to ignore Jenna's attempts for the rest of the night. After that, Avery felt anger for herself and regret for Elena and Jeremy. She did treat them terribly. After that, Avery tried to make up for it by always being by the two no matter what. Even though she wanted to snack on the drama in the Salvatore world.

      Avery had watched her siblings go through their lives, especially the new drama, and she barely realized how much time passed. She was so distracted with watching she hardly noticed that Klaus and Elijah would give her worried looks now and then. She never explained what was happening with her family, other than that more and more vampire stuff would happen daily for her sister, Elena. Elijah got worried about Avery's stress. She advised her to follow her Aunt now and again to bring up her sanity again.

      Finally, it was the night of the tomb opening, and Avery sat on the staircase down to the tomb with a tub of hot chicken wings and legs. She made them thanks to Elijah teaching her how to cook and finding some cookbooks in the reading area. For some reason, food, water, and all other things were plentiful in her soul's safe space.

      Avery watched as all the living ones got everything ready for the ritual, nibbling at one of the chicken wings as she eyed Bonnie and Mrs. Sheila. When they began to chant, Avery stood up to get closer.

      "What are they saying?" Damon questioned, looking over at Stefan and Elena behind him.

      "Sounds Latin," Stefan responded.

      "I don't think it's Latin." Elena sighed.

      "I call it witchy language. Not that any of you can hear me." Avery sighed, engulfing a wing to pull out only the bone.

      As the two witches continued to chant, Avery moved over to Damon, waving chicken around his head. She smirked as she attempted to get sauce on his jacket, but it went through.

      "Woah, ghost chicken. Cool." Avery giggled to herself.

      Suddenly, the torches surrounding the Bennet witches burst with more flame-like flamethrowers. Avery was shocked enough by the fire to jump back, pressing herself to the wall. Elena jumped as well and pushed herself into Stefan.

      "What's happening?" Elena questioned, eyeing the witches and the flames.

      "Holy shit..." Avery whispered in shock.

      A sound resonated around the entire entrance to the tomb, making everyone look toward the door into the tomb. The door was slowly opening to reveal only darkness.

      "It worked," Bonnie whispered in amazement.

      "Of course, it worked," Sheila responded.

      "God, I love your sass, Mrs. Sheila," Avery laughed.

      Avery peeked into the tomb's darkness with her chicken in hand.

      "Spooky."

【 ➳ ∞ ↞ 】

Hello Hello! Nightty here! I am sorry for the late update; I got my finger caught in my ceiling fan and had it bruised. Thankfully, it is not broken, as I am finally updating it, but the day of the accident made it hard for me to type, and then the next day, I was busy cleaning up my room and going through my classes and work. I was unable to update yesterday. Now, here I am. I was going to add more, but I decided I could make what's next into an extraordinary chapter! Happy reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 89.7K 39
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
736K 2.7K 66
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
23.9K 103 18
naughty girl with naughty professor. story is kind of new and interesting. read it to enjoy it!
1.1M 31.8K 47
Alexandra "Alex" Doherty is the girl everyone envies. She's well liked, is the captain of the soccer team, has a great group of friends, her boyfrien...