Godzilla vs the Night Fury: B...

By Dragonzboi

Set 2 years after GvK, recently discovered large deposits of ancient Hollow Earth energy have enabled technol... More

Prologue
Chapter One: The Discovery

Chapter Two: Hiccup Lost

8 0 0
By Dragonzboi

Adam walks back to the other researchers. Andrew and Will follow him, seeing a deathly pale man with brown hair and a beard lying on the table with a white lab sheet covering him. An EKG is hooked up beside him, beeping steadily. They watch in amazement as the color returns to his body. He inhales sharply, the air filling his lungs for what seemed to be the first time. The man takes a few deep breaths as he opens his eyes, scanning the room before spotting the six people watching. He instantly sits up, ripping off the heartbeat sensors on his chest and arms, nearly falling again as the blood rushes through his body.

The researchers continue writing on their notepads as the man watches with wide eyes, extremely alert. The male researcher tries to hand him a shirt and pants. The man's eyes snap to the approaching researcher before grabbing his arm and twisting it enough to hurt but not cause any serious damage. The researcher freezes, knowing the man could quite easily break his arm in this position if he struggles.

Still holding the researcher's arm in a strong grip, the man stares directly at Adam. He wiggles his mouth as he tries to regain enough feeling to be able to speak. "Hrrr aare ouu?", he asks. 

Fearful for his fellow researcher, Adam glances at the two others beside him before taking a step forwards. "Who am I?"

The man focuses, tightening his jaw and speaking slowly. "Hooo aare Yhoo?", he asks again.

"My name is Adam Moore. That's my wife Ellie Moore, my son Andrew and his friend Will, there's Juliette Galleon, and the man you're holding is Richard Kowalski-"

"Dad, why are you telling him who we are? Who is he?", Andrew asks.

The man's eyes flickered between them, still unsure if he should trust them or not. He looks back at Adam, seemingly deciding he's the leader of the group. "Hiccup Haddock".

Ellie nods. "Yep, that lines up with the records we found with you."

Hiccup looks at her, confused. "What records?"

Ellie looks up at him as Juliette continues writing. "Hiccup, there's no easy way to tell you this. You've been dead for over twelve centuries."

Hiccup's eyes go distant as he processes this. He lets go of Richard's arm, staring down at his hand as he slowly flexes his fingers. Ellie continues, "Try not to think too hard or overexert yourself. Your body's still adjusting to the procedure, but you should regain all of your strength and memories soon". 

Hiccup picks up the clothes Richard had dropped, putting them on quickly before he stops, looking around, listening, an almost fearful look in his eyes. He turns his head towards the pitch black corner of the room. Andrew and Will look as well, hearing a faint growling sound seeming to come from that direction. 

The lights begin to flicker on as a large shadow lunges at them. Hiccup jumps back, yelling, "GET DOWN!" and knocking over some equipment as he recoils from the sight of it. Through the initial terror, Andrew can make out the shape of a winged creature as black as the night sky trapped behind thick glass. It continues throwing itself at the walls of the small room, roaring as it scratches and bites at the walls and glass in a flurry of wings and claws. Hiccup quickly rips a metal cabinet door off of its hinges, holding it in front of him as a makeshift shield before realizing the creature isn't focusing on them. He stares at it, confused but still alert. "Why isn't it after us? What's it doing?"

Ellie walks towards the glass. "It must have just woken up. Don't worry. It's stuck behind bulletproof reflective glass. It can't see us. Do you recognize it?"

Hiccup stares at the creature. He slowly walks closer to the glass as he lowers his cabinet door, trying to remember what this thing was. Behind the glass, it was still staying low, growling as it stares up at the lights and the steel walls around it. Hiccup stares straight into its big green eyes as he approaches. The creature shakes its ear flaps, looking around at the glass as if sensing someone watching it. It tilts its head, sniffing the air as he slowly gets closer to the glass. Hiccup stops, narrowing his eyes as a look of pain forms across his face. "He... he killed my father". 

Adam takes a step towards Hiccup. "I'm so sorry."

"He was a great man. A Viking Chieftain. In the end, he died saving me from this creature. A dragon", Hiccup says. "After that, I... I can't remember."

"What history did your tribe have with dragons?", Adam asks. Hiccup closes his eyes, struggling to remember his own history. "They attacked us. For over seven generations." He turns to the others, his back to the dragon. "Ever since I was young, my only goal was to rid the world of these creatures. I remember that I succeeded, but the cost..."

Andrew spots the creature slowly rearing up behind Hiccup. He inches towards the door as the creature opens its mouth, making a faint whistling sound. 

Oblivious to its actions, Hiccup continues talking. "They burned down our homes. Killed hundreds of us. We need to-"

"LOOK OUT!" Ellie tackles Hiccup just as the glass behind him explodes in a flash of light, smoke filling the room. As Andrew turns to run out the door, he's instantly pushed to the ground as the dragon leaps over him, blasting a hole through both steel doors and running into the large room across from them. 

"Are you ok?", Adam asks as he helps him up. Hiccup runs after the dragon only to stop at the second doorway as they hear the dragon fire several blasts. The roars of Skull Crawlers, Psychovultures and other creatures echo loudly, along with gunfire and the screams of several researchers and guards being devoured. Hiccup turns to the others. "We need to go. NOW!"

Alarms echo through the facility as the group runs through the halls. Psychovultures screech all around them, clawing at the group. Some of the larger ones try to pick them up, but Hiccup swings his cabinet door shield, sending most of them flying into the walls in a daze. A couple of them end up grabbing Juliette and flying down another hallway as her terrified screams are cut short. 

As they turn a corner, Andrew sees Nancy standing near one of the open emergency exits with a couple guards. She spots them, yelling "Wait! There they are!" 

"We're almost there!", Adam yells. Suddenly, a dark purple Skull Crawler bursts through the steel walls with the black dragon in its mouth, instantly crushing Nancy and one of the guards. The group watches with wide eyes as dragon kicks it, freeing itself and diving out the exit as the Skull Crawler devours the second guard. 

"Other way, other way...", Richard says. They turn and run, hearing the guard's screams fade quickly as it's eaten, followed by angry screeches as the creature notices them. It collapses its ribcage with a sickening crunch, using its legs to push itself through the smaller hallway to pursue them. 

They run through the hallway again with the Skull Crawler in close pursuit, running into several guards shooting at the oncoming creatures by a staircase and broken elevator. One of the guards spots them, yelling "Up the stairs! There's a heli waiting!", before a dark green Skull Crawler breaks through the defensive line and swallows him whole, blocking the staircase. It turns to the other guards, subjecting them to the same fate. 

"Help me get this open!", Adam yells as he starts trying to pull open the elevator doors. He and Hiccup quickly pull the doors open before the last of the guards is eaten alive. "Into the elevator!"

As Andrew climbs into the elevator shaft, he sees the purple Skull Crawler several meters away from them, still screeching furiously. The group climbs up the elevator shaft, gripping the rails as the pursuing creature twists itself up to continue chasing them, digging into the walls with its claws. It roars as it climbs after them, its tongue swinging wildly, as it barely wraps around Richard's ankle. Richard screams, desperately holding on to the elevator rails as it tries to pull him into its mouth. 

"Richard!", Ellie yells from above. "We can't do anything to save him! Keep climbing!", Adam says. As Hiccup approaches the top of the elevator shaft, he hears the familiar faint whistle again. "GET DOWN!", he yells, right before the elevator doors at the top are blown apart. The black dragon dives in, its wings tucked to its sides and its throat glowing purple as it quickly charges another blast. It fires straight into the purple Skull Crawler's throat, causing it to shriek in pain as its insides are ripped apart by the blast, losing its grip on the walls and falling down the elevator shaft. Richard kicks its separated tongue off of him before continuing to climb, screaming again as the black dragon grabs him with its claws to push itself back up, nearly making him lose his grip. 

The dragon jumps up off of the walls, diving out the way it came. "Careful of the edges!", Hiccup yells down as he climbs past the smoking blue edges of the doors soon after. Ellie and Will make it out next, running to the helicopter as Hiccup stays behind to help the others, fighting off escaping Psychovultures. 

Andrew reaches the top soon after, climbing out and running to the helicopter several meters away. Behind him, he hears Richard scream again as a dark blue Skull Crawler breaks through the roof behind him. It roars, sending darts from its tongue in almost every direction as Adam, Richard and Hiccup run past. Andrew climbs into the helicopter, its blades already spinning. "COME ON! HURRY!"

The Skull Crawler struggles to climb through the hole in the roof, biting and flinging darts at the runners. Hiccup catches a few with his shield, protecting the two researchers before he and Richard climb into the heli. Adam stops running several feet away, looking like he might collapse at any moment, a dart flung from Skull Crawler's tongue sticking out of his back. Andrew freezes, unable to look away as Adam staggers back, already looking pale. Richard turns to the helicopter pilot. "TAKE OFF!"

Andrew continues staring at Adam as the helicopter flies into the air, his mind barely registering Ellie's cries of grief or Will's comforting hand on his shoulder. As the blue Skull Crawler lunges at Adam's body, small explosions go off around the edge of the facility, causing it to fall down into the ground and leaving a large hole where the facility was only moments ago. As the group flies out of sight, a couple of lucky Skull Crawlers climb up from the edge and slither into the water, disappearing from sight. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
104K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
74.7K 3.3K 19
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
169K 17.7K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...