Tangled Fates

De JasonMccannsBub

Aliya, a girl in love with bike but all too afraid to adopt or give someone space in her life is finally arra... Mais

Harmony Amidst Turmoil
2. Silent Struggle
3.Journey of choices

4.Serendipitous Reverie

0 0 0
De JasonMccannsBub

Celebrating the fleeting moments of joy, the family immerses itself in creating cherished memories before their daughter embarks on her journey. The impending departure, known to the parents, unfolds before their eyes, leaving them with a mix of tearful smiles and hearts filled with both happiness and the palpable ache of impending separation. They wish fervently that the decision made for their little princess is the best, savoring the present moment while yearning for the future life partner who will bring both joy and peace to her life.
Aliya just carries on her daily routine and goes to university to attend her classes.
"Aneel, are you free after class?" asks the restless Aliya, her voice carrying an undercurrent of uncertainty.
"Yeah, everything okay? Fancy a break at the smoking area?" Aneel responds, noticing the unrest in Aliya's eyes as the students exit class after attending lecture.
"Yes, might need a smoke too," says anxious Aliya, stealing a glance at her teacher, her departure seemingly marked by a heaviness in her heart.

"This seems serious. Let's go. I'll let the group know we'll be late for the next lecture," Aneel suggests, sensing an urgency in Aliya's voice and actions, aware that she only seeks solace in the ritual of smoking during challenging times.

"Thanks, buddy. Let's go together," Aliya states, hurriedly packing her bag and taking out lighter from Aneel's bag. On the way to smoking area within the university Aneel texts the group informing about late arrival for next class or maybe about skipping it, whereas Aliya is quite all the way. Settling at the smoking area, Aneel can sense the gravity of the situation and asks what's truly going on. "What's bothering my friend, with bean sized brain?

"It's nothing, Aneel. I just needed to clear my mind," Aliya says, her forced smile failing to hide the whirlwind of emotions and anxiousness within her, having conflict with herself if she should tell Aneel about yesterday or not. She never hid something from him but right now she doesn't even know what better decision could be, to tell him or not.

"That's not how we are, Ms. Azlan. I know you well. Now, what's bothering you?" Aneel presses, his eyes reflecting concern and familiarity.

"Come on, Aneel. It's nothing, really," Aliya deflects, but Aneel, ever perceptive, gives her a knowing look, lighting up his and Aliya's cigarette.
"Fine, but promise me you'll let me speak first without interruptions."
Aneel nods.

"Well, my parents were pressuring me to decide about marriage. They were insisting on this boy, Rami Adams, and.." she takes a deep breath "and I said yes to my parents last night. I agreed to the marriage two days ago, and they might arrange a meeting for us soon."

Aliya glances at Aneel, seeking any reaction, but finds none. On finding no emotions on her most annoying but best friend she says, "Bo Bear, I just shared something important! Where are you zoned out?"

"Do you want me to react now?" Aneel responds innocently
"Ugh! Out of all the boys, why I made YOU my best friend, the most annoying person ever. No, I don't want you to react. I just want you to keep this secret even after my marriage." Aliya states with irritation.

Seeing Aliya finally expressing herself, Aneel passes her a genuine smile.
"Aneeeel." Aliya whines.
"Okay, fine. First, what's there to worry about? For you or poor Rami? Besides, thank you for the chance to smoke." Aneel responds while taking another puff.

Dropping the ashes of her cigarette in the ashtray, Aliya exhales, "I don't know. I'm happy that I made Mom and Dad proud again, but I'm restless too."
"Aliya, it's not just you who's restless. Even guys are restless after saying yes to marriage. We never know what the future holds, what kind of life partner we'll get. Trust your gut. About making your parents proud, there are many ways to do that. This time, it's all about you. You'll get married sooner or later, right?" Aneel pats Aliya's shoulder after his little speech.
Aliya, listening carefully, nods. Seeing her a bit relaxed, Aneel continues.

"Why not get married now and start an amazing adventure with your life partner? I'm sure he will cherish you. There's nothing to fear with a friend like Aneel."

Aliya nods and teases, "Yeah, that's what I'm most afraid of, having a friend like Aneel."
"Aliya! I'm having a serious conversation, and you're being thankless. No cigarettes for thankless people."

With that, he snatches her cigarette and runs away, glancing back to see Aliya chasing him.
"No, that was my last strawberry-flavored one. Give it back." Aliya runs after Aneel to get her cigarette back.
With this playful bickering, their university day comes to an end.

Upon reaching home, Aliya learns that her soon-to-be in-laws are visiting again with her soon-to-be husband, intensifying the swirl of emotions within her.

She shares the details with Aneel via text, expressing gratitude for his unwavering support and being a reliable confidant during this emotional rollercoaster, not forgetting to complain about her last cigarette.

It's 4 in the evening, and the highly anticipated, difficult, joyful moment arrives for Aliya. She stands in front of her vanity, contemplating what to wear before the arrival of her soon-to-be in-laws. All her favourite and comfortable shirts, pants and hoodies layed out on her bed.

Upon opening the door to Aliya's room her mother quiet disappointed with her clothes choice speaks sternly "Aliya, don't you dare wear those sneakers, pants, and weird stuff. Dress properly in a decent dress and some nice heels. Wear the jewelry as-"

"Mom, noo. You know I don't like to wear those torturing creatures you call jewelry. And about the dress, you know I can't carry one properly. Let him see the real me in the first meeting; I don't want to pretend to be someone I'm not."

"A proper knee-length dress, heels, and jewelry are what you are wearing today. No more arguments. Start getting ready; they will arrive soon."

Her mom leaves the room, and Aliya proceeds to follow her instructions, moving on to her makeup.
As she applies it, thoughts about what Rami will think after seeing her true self crosses her mind. She wonders how much of her authentic personality will be revealed, with a mix of girly habits. Deep within her heart, she hopes he will accept her as she is, despite initially conforming to family pressure. The more slowly Aliya wants the time to pass, the quicker it passes.

"Aliya, are you ready, dear?" her dad inquires while opening her door. He looks at her, sensing the tension in her vanity.

"You look beautiful, princess. Come down; they are here and asking for you."

"Dad? Is everyone there?"

"Yes, let's get going."

"What if I mess things up, dad? I-"

"Don't worry; nothing bad is going to happen. Trust your father."

With that, they descend downstairs towards the room where the guests are seated. The soft glow of warm evening sunlight filters through the curtains, creating a gentle ambiance. The anticipation lingers in the air, heightened by the subtle fragrance of Aliya's favorite perfume. Her heart races with a mix of anxiety and anticipation, the click of her heels echoing in the hallway.

Taking a deep breath, Aliya absorbs the scent of fresh flowers from a vase on the side table, momentarily distracted. Ready to face this pivotal moment, she moves with newfound confidence, her carefully chosen dress and heels reflecting her determination.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Aliya is reassured by her family's encouraging smiles. Her father, with a reassuring nod, signals that everything will be fine. With renewed assurance, Aliya enters the room where the guests await, the subtle rustle of her dress echoing her readiness for this significant encounter.

"Hi, everyone," a nervous Aliya greets, receiving warm "As-salamu alaykum" replies from her in-laws.

"Wa-walaikum Assalam," she replies gently, taking a seat near her mother. Sensing Rami sitting in front of her next to his mother.

"How was your day, Aliya?" Mrs. Adam asks, breaking the ice.

"It was good, aunty."

As Aliya tries to steal a glance at Rami, he's already lost in his thoughts.

---

As Rami eagerly awaits her, Aliya steps into view, stunning in a navy blue wrap dress that beautifully accentuates her figure. The modest neckline, paired with the floral pattern, radiates charming innocence, captivating Rami.

Her choice of nude heels showcases both style and practicality, and the softly curled hair adds a touch of sweetness. A subtle, alluring fragrance enhances the entire experience, leaving a lingering impression.

Light, natural makeup subtly enhances her features, and a dainty silver locket necklace adds a personal touch, drawing Rami's attention. Completing the ensemble with a matching clutch, she arrives, exuding a perfect blend of innocence and allure. In that moment, Rami finds himself captivated, appreciating the thoughtful details that make their first meeting special.

---

The family engages in more conversation. Aliya, now at ease, steals multiple glances Rami, leaving him slightly uncomfortable.

"Aliya, will you pursue your career after marriage?" Rami speaks, trying to shift her attention.

"Huh? Ye- No, I don't know yet; I haven't decided on that," she replies, a bit embarrassed.

Meanwhile, Aliya reflects on meeting Rami, feeling like stepping into a realm where striking features and magnetic charisma collide. His deep, contemplative eyes hold a universe of emotions, drawing her into their intense gaze. There's a quiet intensity about him, a calm wisdom that suggests a life well-lived beyond his years.

Rami's sculpted physique speaks of resilience and determination, exuding strength and confidence. His demeanor balances poise and approachability, warmth and kindness radiating from him. His enigmatic charm is captivating, shrouded in mystery that leaves a lasting impression.

In the moments they share, Aliya can't help but be curious, wanting to unravel the layers of Rami's personality. It's a journey of discovery, finding joy in understanding the depth and richness within him.

-----

With that, the family bids their goodbyes, and everyone heads home. Aliya and Rami so lost in their own thoughts, didn't even realized how quickly time passed.

🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤 Show some love to this chapter.
🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤🧡🖤

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

1.2M 64.1K 59
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
2.6M 151K 48
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
256K 29.2K 74
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. 🔥❤️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...