𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑩𝑢𝑼𝑡𝑫 | π‘β„Žπ‘ŽοΏ½...

By stxr-touchdqueen

βπ‘ŠπΌπ‘‡π»π»πΈπΏπ· π‘‡π‘…π‘ˆπ‘‡π» 𝐼𝑆 π΅π‘‚π‘ˆπ‘π· 𝑇𝑂 𝐡𝐸 π‘ˆπ‘π‘…π΄π‘‰πΈπΏπΏπΈπ·.❞ Led by Viktor Krane, an army fi... More

π’ππ„π‹π‹ππŽπ”ππƒ
𝐢𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼
𝐢𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝐼
𝐢𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝑉
𝐢𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉
𝐢𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉𝐼
𝐢𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉𝐼𝐼
𝐢𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼
𝐢𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝑋

𝐢𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝐼𝐼

272 17 4
By stxr-touchdqueen

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱───── 

   𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐈'𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐁𝐄𝐃 a week after the sinking fiasco. Since she injured it years ago, it tended to take a while before her ankle would heal if it was wounded again. Everyone seemed to let the sinking of the island go rather easily, as it quickly wasn't a topic of discussion anymore amongst the students.

She was laying down on her bed, the thin mattress making it difficult to be comfortable. At least her room wasn't lit with TLC lights like the rest of the building. The lamps illuminating the walls had a softer, warmer light that didn't hurt Lorelei's eyes as much. In the dim light, Lorelei could be mistaken for a mere shadow on her bed.

However, the thing that frustrated Lorelei more than the lights was the lack of privacy. She didn't have a room of her own, but instead had to share it with three others. She wished for a room of her own more than anything, but knew it wasn't an option.

She let out a low sigh. The only time she had some sort of alone time was if she stayed in bed as the others left the room. While the others were eating their breakfast, Lorelei often skipped it.

She winced lightly when she put pressure on her ankle and slowly limped towards the door. She touched the doorknob with her poisonous green glow until it disappeared. As she sat back down on her bed, she grabbed a pouch filled with earthly dirt and took a pinch of it. She scrunched it in her hand, as she recited the words she'd said so often before.

'From dust to solid with one blow
rising from the earth they grow
they cleanse the air clear
make my garden appear.'

A floating potting station appeared in front of her, filled with different kinds of plants, flowers, herbs and spices. She'd worked lots of hours to create the small garden she had now. Pruning and watering whenever needed. As she closed her eyes, she felt the energy of the different plants swirling together and merging with her own energy.

Her garden was based on astrology and split into seven categories. The celestial body of Saturn stood for boundaries, binding, banishing, aging and death. Most of the flowers had petals, scorched into the darkest depth of black and purple. They were poisonous, perfect to use in potions and spells meant to hurt others.

The category of the Sun seemed to be the complete opposite as it radiated life into the mixture, with citrusy scents and flowers ranging from dandelion yellow to tangerine orange. Together with the Moon, which flowers had psychic abilities and were often used as sedatives, it could create terribly powerful healing potions.

However, in case of illness, Lorelei had to use flowers from the garden of the celestial body of Mars. She'd often nicked her fingers to pluck one of the plants, as every plant was guarded by thorns or prickly stems. The garden stood for defense, attack and vitality.

She'd grown the flowers in Jupiter for nutrition potions, since the category was made for it, but she never could make herself cut something off from her hard work. If she was ever in an emergency, she would have these flowers as a backup, though she hopefully wished she would never have to use them.

Mercury was the garden for her divination. The feathery leaves and short intense scents would infatuate her knowledge of the future. She, however, had little experience with divination and wasn't anywhere near the strengths of a seer.

And lastly, Venus. Its sweet scent would be the first thing that would hit Lorelei's nose as she conjured her potting station. Its velvety leaves were the ones she needed to heal superficial wounds, though she had a much stronger use for the flowers. Hidden between the pots, she kept a few love potions she'd made over the years. She'd been taught the art by Viktor Krane, but had never actually tried a potion on someone else.

She softly caressed the leaf of her gardenia plant in her moon garden. The elements of this plant had healed her more than once. The tranquility of its energy made for a controlled pace in the healing process. She broke off a petal and dropped it into a small cauldron, along with rose petals, caraway seeds, a cinnamon bark, a pinch of nutmeg, a small branch of rosemary, a few leaves of sage and Valerian flowers.

In one sweep, she took a bottle of basic potion liquid and poured it into the cauldron. With her hand, she magically stirred her potion, making sure the heat was on the exact temperature it should be.

The different scents hurdled at Lorelei, making her slightly dizzy. The cinnamon broke free from the rest, reminding her of fall. The ingredients slowly faded into the liquid, until they were all dissolved. She poured her potion into a bottle and drank it when it had cooled down completely. Once more, the cinnamon was the only thing she could really taste.

A bell rang through the halls as she hurriedly made the potting station disappear. She made the doorknob reappear and rushed along the other late students towards the main areas.

Bree was in the training area surrounded by other girls, which Lorelei joined. Bree kicked one of the training dummies so hard, the head broke off and flew through the room. She eyed Lorelei and placed her hands on her hips. 'Lorelei, you're not in my group. You're in Chase's,' she said.

'I'm aware,' Lorelei answered slowly. 'But you're also aware that he can be annoying and I'm in a group of mostly guys.'

Bree chuckled and crossed her arms in front of her chest. 'I hear you. You can stay with my group for today,' she said and made duos of the group to practice their combat skills with a training dummy. She teamed up with Lorelei as she made the number of students uneven.

She instructed the others to begin on their assignment and stood behind the dummy, holding it in its place. 'Go ahead,' she said to Lorelei, curiosity glinting in her eyes.

Lorelei stood on one leg as the other kicked the dummy's chest. Without her other foot touching the ground, she kicked upwards to the dummy's head. She kept on repeating the kicks, trying as well as she could to balance on her one foot.

'Try to kick quicker and with more power,' Bree said and took Lorelei's place, demonstrating it.

Lorelei rolled her eyes behind her back. Bree was obviously using her super speed as she kicked, an ability that Lorelei simply didn't possess. As Bree turned around to her, she forced a smile on her face. 'You're a really great fighter,' she said in admiration. 'Not sure I can do what you do without super speed.'

'Super speed is all in finding the flow of the wind and piercing through it. You use your surroundings to become quicker,' Bree explained to her, which Lorelei thought was actually solid advice. As someone who's connected to energy flows, finding the flow of the wind made complete sense to her.

Lorelei closed her eyes, her hands resting at her sides to sense the energies around her. Her fingers tingled from the wind caressing through them. The energy of the wind felt joyous and free, full of possibility. A smile grew on her face as her energy merged with the wind. She stood at the ready and resumed her training, her kicks swifter and as a result stronger.

'Thank you,' Lorelei said, a genuine hint of gratitude lingering in her voice. 'For what you taught, but also for allowing me into your group for today.' She moved closer to Bree, mimicking what she'd seen other girls do when they chatted together. 'I didn't want to say this earlier. . . but I have a hard time making friends and you seem so nice.'

Bree looked at her with a pout, as she remembered all the times she tried to make friends but was shut out. Or the times people had pretended to be her friends, just to poke fun of her behind her back and embarrass her later on.

'Well,' she began and smiled so bright, it made her shine in the light of the TLCs. 'You've made at least one friend today.' Feeling the excited bubble of having made another friend, she went on to pull Lorelei in an embrace, which the latter couldn't appreciate.

Being hugged for the first time felt weird to Lorelei. She wasn't used to having anyone so close to her in anything other than a fight. There was something simultaneously warming and off putting about it. She wondered what a hug of her father would've felt like. Would it have been nice to be hugged by her father? She wasn't quite sure. Nor would she ever know.

Hatred burnt in her heart again as she let go of Bree and smiled as happily and sillily as she could. 'I couldn't have asked for a better friend,' she said.

'Lorelei,' Chase's voice boomed through the training area. 'There you are. I've been worried about you not showing up today. What are you doing here?'

Bree and Lorelei exchanged a quick glance, as the latter made herself a bit smaller. She shyly brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, to appear as helpless as she could. The less of a threat she seemed to be, the less attention he would pay her. 'I thought it would be a good idea to mix the training a bit. See if I can learn something from Bree and I did,' she explained.

'Next time you decide to skip my class, you should come talk to me first,' he said, though his anger had lessened. He rubbed his forehead in irritation and pinched the bridge of his nose. 'I could still squeeze in a short solo class just so you're up to speed.'

Lorelei swallowed, but nodded nonetheless, trying to seem as thankful as she could. A one-on-one lesson with Chase was the last thing she wanted to happen. With Bree she could make excuses that they didn't possess the same abilities and she didn't think Adam would notice her ability wasn't the same as Chase's.

However, this was Chase's field of expertise. Hidden within a group of others, she wasn't noticeable, but now she would be all there was to focus on. She shakily walked after him and quickly turned her head to Bree. She realized how she wasn't hiding her nervousness and Bree had surely noticed. She hid her face, pretending it was flushed with nerves.

He led them into a private training booth and took his tablet. 'We worked on the laser bo's today,' he said and typed down a couple of things. 'Since you remember only two abilities, you can take classes from Bree and Adam that aren't focused on abilities when I focus on an ability you don't possess.'

Lorelei quietly nodded, rather surprised that he was more lenient than she'd expected him to be. 'Sorry, I'll talk to you first next time,' she apologized, though she almost gagged from the fact she had to apologize to him, remembering what he'd done to her.

'It's okay,' he said and flashed her a soft smile. 'Now, onto the lesson. Let's start simple with a few targets that will fly around you that you'll have to hit.' He pushed a few buttons on his tablet, which changed the room in an instant. Round targets were flying around Lorelei as annoying moths attracted to a flame.

Lorelei rubbed her hands together and created an electric staff into her hands. Its electric energy flowed through Lorelei's veins as she swung and bore it against the targets. She had to twist and turn and jump and duck. Saying it was a simple exercise was a big understatement to say the least.

Chase allowed her a break as he documented her progress. 'You're doing well,' he said. He drank some water, though as he tried to put down his glass, he spilled water all over his tablet. It glitched, transforming the room in seconds. The targets flew everywhere, the walls, ceiling and floor moving uncontrollably.

Chase fell forwards and bumped into Lorelei, as the two crashed into the wall. They heaved to try and breathe in the air that was knocked out of them. Lorelei shielded them from the targets with her staff, swinging so aggressively that she broke them.

'We have to get to the tablet and break it,' Chase said as he manipulated the targets away from them. His eyes shot all over the room to see the tablet on the other side of the room. 'Of course.'

'I'll get rid of the targets, you find your way to the tablet,' Lorelei grunted as she broke another target.

She jumped onto a moving platform of the floor with Chase following suit. His hands rested on her waist to keep them both more well-balanced. Heat flushed her cheeks in both anger and fluster. Her staff flung against the targets as she felt Chase's grip on her tighten. His warm breath tingled on her neck, his finger slowly sinking into her soft skin.

She got distracted by his touch and didn't see an oncoming target heading her way. Chase created a force field around them before the target harshly crashed into it and startled Lorelei.

'Don't worry, I got you,' he reassured her.

Lorelei nodded and composed herself again. She let go off her staff with one hand, continuing to swing it with the other, as she lowered her other hand towards the ground. She manipulated their panel to move forwards, to where the tablet was.

When they were close enough, Chase used his magnetic app to pull the tablet towards him. With another strong swing, Lorelei split the tablet into two with her electric staff. The panel on which they stood came to a halt as the whole room seemed to have suddenly died.

Chase glanced around the room, to the mess he'd made and his precious tablet shattered on the ground. He cleared his throat and let go of Lorelei, as he stepped away from her. 'I'm really sorry, Lorelei,' he apologized and scratched the back of his neck.

'Accidents happen,' Lorelei replied a little out of breath by the whole ordeal.

'After what just happened, I want to promote you to expert level. You've shown me that you're willing to fix accidents that you didn't cause and even took a bit of leadership to plan a strategy. I'll talk to Mr Davenport about it,' he said, the lingering of guilt stringing along in his words. 'Thank you, Lorelei.'

'It's no big deal, Chase,' Lorelei said and looked up when another bell rang to indicate it was time for lunch.

'You should go eat and rest up the remainder of the afternoon,' he told her as he knelt down to retrieve the two broken pieces of tablet. Lorelei left the room content that she didn't have to attend class for the afternoon. She had no idea about the boy that stared her way until she'd left out of sight. . .

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

559K 9.8K 100
"Turn your face towards the sun, Let the shadows fall behind you, Don't look back, Just carry on, And the shadows will never find you" ...
660K 9.7K 133
Luna Walker was left at the doorstep of Donald Davenport. He adopted her and has loved her and treated her like she was his own. When Donald marries...
28.8K 700 57
Hundreds of mile away from home. New school. New friends. New life. New feelings? Maybe Everything was bound to change as the Walsh family stepped in...
36.1K 941 19
[Book 3 out of 3 of Angels and Demons] [Lab Rats: Elite Force x reader] "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine." "You make me happy, when the skies a...