Midnight rain// Damon Salvato...

By GuardianofRen

"Damon, I desire you... I can't sleep without you next to me. I could never leave you, I love you," Agneta re... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36

27

39 2 0
By GuardianofRen

"Elijah, guess who decided to pay us a visit last night at the dance," Agneta frowned, shaking her head.

"Niklaus." Elijah breathed.

Agneta nodded lightly.

"He's taken over Alaric's body," Elena replied.

"Of course, he has. This doesn't surprise me, it's his favorite trick," Elijah scoffed.

"What's his next move? You and Agneta  are the only ones, who really know him," Elena asked, a hint of worry filled her voice.

"Yes, we do... unfortunately," Elijah muttered.

"Were you both close with him?" Elena asked.

Agneta looked over at Elijah before looking back at Elena... she sighed softly.

"I was once close with all of my siblings," Agneta mumbled.

"You've never mentioned your family before," Elena frowned.

"Everyone has a family; some people like to flaunt them and other people choose to keep them a secret," Agneta sighed.

Elena stared at Agneta with a hint of shock.

"Still, I didn't know... and i consider you my best friend," Elena said.

"Consider yourself known now," Agneta whispered.

"There's a whole family of Originals?" Elena asked.

"Our father was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe, and our mother bore eight children," Elijah replied.

"So, your parents were human?" Elena asked, pacing the living room.

"Our whole family was," Agneta answered, staring up at the ceiling. "Our origin as vampires is a very long and very boring story, Elena."

Elijah rolled his eyes before interrupting Agneta.

"Just know, we're the oldest vampires in the world," Elijah stated calmly. "We are the Original family and from us all, vampires were created."

"Right, but Klaus is your brother," Elena remarked, quickly looking confused. "And you both want him dead."

Agneta sighed and completely ignored the sideway look she received from Elijah.... which only annoyed Elijah.

"I need some fresh air, I'm feeling a tad....dead," Elijah replied, which caused Agneta to laugh.

Agneta jumped to her feet and motioned for Elijah and Elena to follow her.... she escorted them outside, and guided them down a small dirt path that rested at the back of her property.

"Where are you taking us?" Elijah asked.

"I'm taking you both to my secret hideout," Agneta smirked. "It's something I've been working on."

She continued to guide them down the dirt path, and at the end of the trail was an opening to a small meadow with a creek that ran right through it.... and towards the center of the meadow was a large white gazebo.

"I built and painted this a couple of days ago," Agneta said.

"A change of scenery was definitely needed, shall we continue?" Elijah asked, looking over at Elena.... who was in complete awe with the meadow and how peaceful it felt.

"Oí! Elena!" Agneta yelled, waving her hands in the humans face.... trying to snap her out of her deep thoughts.

Suddenly Elena snapped her head towards Agneta and shook her head.... quickly snapping back into thought.

"Huh-ye-what?" Elena asked.

Elijah laughed lightly before placing a hand on his sister's shoulder.

"You've startled the poor girl," He said.

"Sorry, but you were talking to her.... and she wasn't responding, I thought it was rude," Agneta mumbled.

"Oh, I'm sorry! What did you say Elijah? I had my breath taken away by this place... It's absolutely beautiful," Elena replied.

"I said shall we continue our conversation," Elijah replied.

"Oh, yes!" Elena smiled.

"So, as you've seen.... nothing can kill an Original," Elijah stated, picking a stray hair off his sleeve. "Not sun, not fire.... not even a bite from a werewolf, however the bite will make us feel as if we were dying."

"Only the wood from a tree....a tree my family burned, the moment they knew it weakened them," Agneta grumbled.

"That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from," Elena realized.

Elijah chuckled under his breath.

"Yes, the witches wouldn't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth. Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain balance," Elijah said.

"So if the sun can't harm an Original, why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the sun and moon curse?" Elena questioned.

"Right! The curse, it's so biblical sounding," Elijah laughed, which caused Agneta to roll her eyes.

"I-what's so funny?" Elena asked, looking at Agneta with a confused expression.

"I don't understand, so Klaus drew the Aztec sketches about the curse?" Elena asked, taking a seat next to Agneta on the couch that rested in the gazebo.... while Elijah stood in front of them.

"Roman scrolls, African tribal etchings and any other culture we felt like planting it in," Elijah shrugged.

"But why?" Elena asked.

"Easiest way to discover the existence of the doppelgänger or to get your hands on some long, lost moonstone is to have every single member of two species on the lookout," Agneta spoke up, which caused Elena to looked over at her.

"So it's not Aztec?" Elena asked.

"Unfortunately it's fake, the sun and moon curse doesn't exist," Agneta replied.

"What?" Elena asked dumbfounded.

"Klaus, Elijah and my sister faked the sun and moon curse, dating back over a thousand years," Agneta mumbled.

Elena shook her head with confusion.

"Wait-if there isn't a curse...." Elena trailed off.

"There's a curse, just not that one... the real one is much worse," Agneta said.

Elena's eyes shifted to Elijah.

"It's a curse placed on Klaus," Elijah stated.

"What are you talking about?" Elena questioned, completely shocked by this new information.

Suddenly Elena's phone started to buzz inside of Elijah's coat pocket, but he simply ignored it.... however Agneta couldn't, seeing as she sensed it was Stefan again.

"Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years, and now you are his only hope," Elijah mumbled, quickly getting irritated with Elena's phone.

"What is this curse?" Elena asked.

Agneta and Elijah both ignored Elena's question both way to fixated on the ringing phone.

"Your phone won't stop its incessant buzzing, answer it.... Now," Elijah ordered, tossing Elena her phone.

Elena gently nodded before placing the phone to her ear.

"Stefan-" Elena sighed, her face quickly changed into a worried expression.... While promising that she was on her way, and quickly hung up. "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her."

"I'm afraid that wasn't apart of today arrangements," Elijah stated.

"S-She's family, Elijah! I need to do this... please," Elena begged, tears forming in her eyes.

Agneta rushed up to Elijah and placed a hand on his arm.

"Elijah, let her go. I'll stay here... and we'll wait for her to return," Agneta sighed.

"Yes, please.... I'll be right back, you have my word," Elena stated.

"That doesn't mean anything to me until you live up to it but I do believe my darling baby sister," Elijah replied.

Elena jumped to her feet.

"Thank you," Elena whispered.

"Take my car, the keys are by the front door," Agneta called out, watching Elena run down the trail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 15.4K 28
❝My whole life, I thought I was running away from everyone, everything. But now I know I was just running towards you. I love you. I loved you even b...
43.1K 694 28
[COMPLETED] Niklaus and Adeline. Adeline and Niklaus. Everyone's favorite couple. Growing up. Vampires. Marriage? Kids? Or heartbreak? ••••••••...
17.3K 338 9
I want you to stay (delena) Life after death, Elena finally listens to her heart. Just when things are shaping up for the best things go completely w...
369 37 7
BOOK 1 OF AVIAN ALBERTY SERIES "I can't promise that I will fix everything, but I promise you both that I will always be on your side, no matter wha...