Korra and Asami

By EriWinters

*Korra and Asami's life continues after 'Ruins of the Empire'. Korra and Asami are back in Republic City foll... More

1:Finally Home
2:Living Arrangements
3:Bored
4:Simple Life
6:Drunk State
7:Reunions
8:Emotions
9:Dangerous Games
10: Connected
11: The Morning After
12:New Ideas
13: Dynamic Duo
14: Confidence
15: Memories
16: Control
17: Promise
18: Hope
19: Distractions
20: Surprises
21: Long Night
22: Clarity
23: Revealed

5:Something New

408 8 2
By EriWinters

The poison. . .

Being chained up like an animal. . .

My bending being taken away. . .

Asami getting kidnapped. . .

Asami getting brainwashed. . .

Asami forgetting me. . .

Asami. . .

"Asami!" Korra gasped, her body slick with sweat as she stumbled out of bed quickly, startling Naga in the process as she sprinted out of her bedroom door. She was just about to burst through Asami's door to make sure she was there, that the nightmare was just a nightmare, but the door opened and Asami jumped back in surprise.

"Korra, you yelled for me, are you okay-"

Korra pulled Asami to her body, hugging her tightly, breathing out shakily, 'She's here, she's okay, I'm okay. . .'

"Korra, your trembling," Asami tried to pull away but Korra's grip held firm. "Hey. . ."

"I'm sorry," Korra whispered against her neck, "I just needed to make sure you were here and safe."

Asami giggled lightly, "I have the avatar in my home, of course, I'm safe."

After a few more seconds, they pulled away from one another and Korra wiped the sweat from her forehead with a shaky hand.

Asami looked at her with worry, "Korra, are you sure you're alright?"

Korra nodded, "This happens when I get nightmares."

Asami thought for a moment, not wanting to pressure her, "Well, how about you go shower, put on some fresh clothes and come lay down with me when you're ready, okay?"

Korra would normally decline, but she didn't want to be alone tonight, she couldn't. She hadn't had a nightmare in a while and forgot just how terrible they could be.

"Okay," Korra gave in, walking off tiredly.

Asami waited patiently in the dim light of her room for Korra, ushering Naga inside while Korra showered. She knows Korra will sleep better after a nightmare with her in the room. Eventually, Korra walked in, small bags under her eyes as she shuffled over to the bed, stopping right at the edge.

"What is it?" Asami asked gently.

Korra didn't answer, she just had a numb and vacant look on her face and Asami, simply took her hand and pulled her into bed, scooting over give her space. Korra lay still on her side, her body still trembling a bit and Asami wanted nothing more than to reach out and pull her close but she didn't want Korra to feel uncomfortable.

Instead, Asami scooted over further but Korra reached out and pulled Asami back to her until they were pressed closely together. Korra wrapped a protective and secure arm around Asami, knowing nothing will happen to her with her like this and Asami stared worriedly at her, wishing she can take the pain away.

Korra was just staring at nothing, and Asami ran her thumb across the bags under her eyes.

"Go to sleep," Asami whispered.

"I will soon, I just want to make sure we'll be safe. Make sure you're safe."

"You're not on duty, Korra," Asami reminded her.

Korra knows how pathetic she must sound but she has to make sure, "I know."

"What can I do?" Asami whispered, hating that Korra is like this and there is nothing she can do. She feels so helpless.

"Just stay with me."

Asami smiled, "Always."

The next morning, Korra felt different. She felt relaxed, and comfortable and never wanted to leave her bed. She snuggled closer to the warmth radiating next to her and wondered how her bed ended up being so comfy.

She slowly opened her eyes and much to her surprise, saw a pair of green ones staring back at her.

"Asami. . ."

"Good morning, Avatar."

Korra sat up slowly, rubbing her temples with a slight groan. She had a headache. She remembered her nightmare and how terrified she felt when all the memories of the past came flooding back into her mind.

"Korra-"

"I'm sorry about last night."

Asami put her hand on Korra's back, "You have nothing to apologize for, ever."

Korra looked at her, admiring her beauty first thing in the morning, "Thank you for letting me stay in here."

"You can stay in here any time you like, you don't need my permission," Asami told her, playing with her fingers softly.

When she was with Asami, she got the best sleep she ever had. Maybe staying in here isn't such a bad idea.

"Well, thanks again anyway."

"You're welcome."

Korra looked down at her lap, feeling overwhelmed and anxious, wishing she could just let off some steam, anywhere, but the kind of steam she needed to blow off was dangerous and destructive. She clenched her fists tightly, sighing out.

Asami stood up, pulling the avatar with her, exiting the bedroom.

"Where are we going?" Korra asked, taken back at how abruptly Asami pulled her out of bed.

"To see one of the projects I've been working on," Asami answered happily.

Korra was surprised, always loving how passionate Asami was about her work, needing a distraction from everything else at the moment.

They walked downstairs to the basement and took a metal elevator even lower than that, making Korra's skin crawl. Her grip tightened on Asami's hand who hissed out softly in pain. Korra let go immediately.

"I'm sorry," She apologized quickly, looking down to make sure her hand was alright.

Asami chuckled, "Korra, it's alright. Don't be nervous, I'd never take you anywhere dangerous."

Korra nodded, trusting her.

When the metal door opened, her jaw dropped at the sight. The large room before her was set up like a training field, with water, fire, and earth elements organized accordingly throughout the room.

"It's a training room I've been building for you. It's indestructible, and the buttons on the panel over there can reposition the elements as you see fit for your training. The water is really deep, the fire is always controlled and will extinguish on its own if it gets too hot or too big and the earth can construct itself into rock, dirt, mud. . . whatever you need it to be. Obviously, the air is all around us so. . ."

Korra was in total awe and couldn't control herself when she marched over to Asami, kissing her passionately, leaving the businesswoman breathless.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Korra shouted excitedly, not knowing where to start.

"I've noticed you hold a lot in, a lot that you shouldn't, especially as an avatar so I wanted to make sure you can always let out your frustrations in a way that suits you. I didn't plan on showing you today, but you needed this," Asami told her, smiling.

"Asami, you are so incredible," Korra kissed her again. "You don't know how much this means to me."

"Avatar, you don't know how much you mean to me. Do your thing, and later on, I'm taking you out," Asami smirked, walking onto the elevator, leaving Korra with her new gift.

Korra took a deep breath, cracking her knuckles in anticipation, "Let's get started."

Korra trained for hours, sweating heavily, and throwing fire, water, earth, and wind throughout the training room. It's been a while since she bended like this and she has Asami to thank for all of it.

All this time, this is what Asami has been working on? She couldn't believe it, all of this for her. Korra finished up, stretching her body, thinking of what she could do to repay her. Asami is wealthy, there is no physical object she can get Asami that can't get herself not to mention although she has everything, Asami isn't impressed with objects.

Korra made her way back upstairs to her bedroom, heading for the shower immediately, thinking of anything she can to give to Asami. Asami loves the spirit world but she has already seen a lot of it. Korra bit her lip, walking out of the bathroom in a towel surprised to see an outfit laid out on her bed.

She raised a brow, reaching out and picking up the note on top,

'I know this isn't your style, but I'm dying to see you in this. . . Asami.'

Korra smiled, this dress definitely isn't her style but if Asami want to see her in it, then she's going to put it on.

The avatar got ready, putting half her hair up, and using a Waterbender tribe accessory to hold it in place. She slipped the dress on, the blue colors presenting her tribe beautifully and she already knew Asami must have had it made for her. The dress had thin straps instead of sleeves, the cleavage wasn't too exposing, but showed just enough, the material form-fitting to her body, flowing slightly from the hips where it fell loosely down to the floor. She put two Watertribe armbands on her upper arms and stood in front of the mirror, satisfied with her appearance.

A pair of shoes sat at the foot of her bed and Korra was thankful they weren't heels. They were more flat, with a small edge for a bit of height, but she was confident she could walk in them. Once she was completely ready, she exited her room just as Asami left hers and Korra was at a loss for words.

"You look amazing, Korra," Asami looked her up and down appreciatively and Korra did the same.

"So do you, Asami," Korra blushed, walking nervously over to her girlfriend.

"I knew putting you in a dress like this was a good idea," Asami grinned, looking over Korra's body hungrily, a look Korra has never seen on her before.

"Don't get used to it," Korra chuckled, looking down feeling flustered.

"I know, I know, this isn't you but I appreciate you wearing this. Of course, if you're not comfortable don't hesitate to change into something else," Asami told her genuinely.

Korra smirked at her, "Why would I do that? I love the way you look at me in this dress."

Asami rolled her eyes and her cheeks tinted pink, "Avatar, I look at you like that every day, you just don't see it."

Korra smiled and embraced her, holding her close.

"I love you," Korra whispered.

"I love you too."

They pulled back and Asami led them downstairs, "Where are we going anyway?"

"You'll see," Asami replied, putting a shawl over Korra's shoulders since it's pretty chilly out, and then herself.

"Thank you."

Asami drove them to the outskirts of the city, where an outside gazebo was set up, and people both non-benders and benders were having dinner, spending time together, dancing, and simply just having fun.

"What is this place?" Korra asked, getting out of the car, thinking she knew just about every area in the city, but clearly didn't.

"A spot I come to often for fun and drinks," Asami smiled, taking Korra's hand in hers, walking confidently up to the host that stood just outside the noise.

"Miss Sato, nice to see you. Last time I saw you here it was with that fire-bending boy," He said with a smile.

Asami was mortified at the comment but Korra found it amusing. Mako is happy for the couple and they both dated him, there was no reason to be upset or jealous.

The host noticed their interlocked hands for the first time and paled at the sight, now understanding Asami's embarrassment.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry. Miss Sato, Avatar, please forgive me I didn't know," He stuttered out apologetically.

"It's alright," Korra smiled in amusement.

The host led them to their reserved private table before walking off in a hurry. Korra watched after him with a smile.

"He was funny," Korra grinned, but her face fell at Asami's red cheeks and worried eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't think he'd say that and I don't want you to think this is an Asami. . . whore spot," Asami muttered.

Korra shook her head, reaching over to grab her hand, "I don't think that and it's alright, I thought it was pretty funny, to be honest."

"Well, I didn't," Asami grumbled.

Korra lifted her hand and brought her lips to it softly, "It's alright. We're together now, Mako is happy for us, he is both of our exes and everything is fine. I'm not upset and you shouldn't be either."

Asami smiled, "Well, in that case, I hope you're ready to have a good time."

"Of course I am."

----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 424 16
Direct sequel to What we once were, takes place immediately after the story ended. Asami and Korra's relationship has been out in the open, completel...
213K 4.9K 36
Sex, Lust, Nightmares, Daydreams. ***(DISCONTINUED)*** Korra and Asami have an everlasting lust and love pattern between them. This story takes plac...
74.9K 1.7K 20
Korra and Asami have an apartment together near campus. Both of them have a secret they don't want the other knowing. But what happens when one of th...
15.8K 378 9
It's been five years since Asami left town. Five years since she left Korra. They're trying to keep their relationship together. But life and everyon...