QUEEN OF DRAGONS [BBC M...

By merlinemrys09

The forbidden love between a prince and the queen of dragons will their love prevail or will it crumble to th... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 15

171 9 0
By merlinemrys09

[🎶 is for Merlin & 🎵 is Arthur when they sing and this is the original 'At all costs' for the movie 'wish']
[The difference you ask? Instead of 'protect you at all losts' it's 'love you at all costs]

Merlin still couldn't find Arthur anywhere but suddenly she heard him singing from the distance as the fireflies flew around her.

"🎵Darling wish you could see
What I can see
Miles a head just you and me
To infinity
Never ending I'm extending
Both of my arms and my heart
Belongs to you
What a sight, what a view
When I'm looking at you
Like I'm seeing the sky
For the very first time
And I want you to know that
I've never seen something so beautiful
In the stars it's a sign
That our worlds did collide
You and I, side by side
And I want you to know that
I've never seen something so beautiful
I've never seen something so beautiful🎵"

Suddenly Arthur appeared behind her and held her hand and pulled her in like they were about to dance. They looked at eachother.

"This song is the most beautiful I've heard." Merlin replied.

"This is the least I can do for you." Arthur replied. "You have done so much for me, protected me."

"That's what I'm supposed to do because I-"

"Love me?"

Merlin blushed. Arthur held her hand and put his arm around her waist and Merlin put her hand around his shoulder.

"🎵If happiness was a tangible thing
It would be you
If you'd have told me the feeling you'd bring
I'd think it untrue
And people search for a wonder like you
All of their lives
You still amaze me after all this time
You pull me in like some kind of wind
Mesmerized by the hold I'm in
Leave you here, I don't wanna
I wanna
Promise as one does
I, I will love you at all costs
Keep you safe here in my arms
I, I will love you at all costs
At all costs🎵"

"🎶What's pain? When I look at you? No way
I could explain you

Even if tried to
I'll never dream like used to do.
If someone tried to hurt you, I don't

See how that could happen.
I'd fight for you in ways you can't imagine

Felt this, no, I haven't, I hope
It would be all right to stay right here beside you.🎶"

"🎵🎶And promise as one does.
I, I will love you at all costs
Keep you safe here in my arms
I, I will love you at all costs
At all costs.
I, I will love you at all costs

Keep you safe here in my arms
I, I will love you at all costs
At all costs
If you're ever feeling like you're lost
I'll come find you
Man all fronts, there's no ocean I won't swim across
To be right by you
And not just once, here and now I swear on my response
I'll remind you
And promise as one does
I, I will love you at all costs
Keep you safe here in my arms
I, I will protect you at all costs
At all costs🎶🎵."

They danced around the place as they sang and even in the water they countinued to dance and Arthur carried Merlin in his arms in the same way he carried her when she was unconscious.

"There is something more." Arthur said as he carried Merlin back to the place where the campfire was and lit the fire again. He made Merlin sit on the log placed for them. He removed a box from the bag he had and opened it.

"Close your eyes." Arthur told her and Merlin obeyed.

Arthur took the necklace which he got from her and put it around her neck, it was perfect for her and her visible collar bone added to its volume. "Happy eighteenth birthday."

"Arthur? What? This, what was the need for this?" Merlin asked him.

Arthur sat down next to her. "The most beautiful girl on earth deserves the most beautiful necklace in the world."

"This is beautiful, thank you so much."

"Merlin, I need to talk to you about something."

"Even I have to tell you something-"

"First me, please?"

"Alright."

"Do you think that I'll make a good king because if you don't doubt me I don't doubt myself."

"Arthur, all I know is that if you are a good person, you'll be a good king."

"Because father has high hopes on me."

"Just believe in yourself."

"Do you believe me?"

"I believe you, your heart is good."

"I hope you liked this, the gust of wind wasn't my idea but I guess my destiny helped me."

"I don't like it." Merlin said which made Arthur's heart shatter. "I love it!" Merlin said and gave him a kiss on the right cheek.

Arthur blushed harder than ever.

"I'm never washing this cheek again." Arthur said to his knights when they went back to Gaius' chambers after watching the fireflies for one and a half hour. Merlin now was having a chat with Morgan and Gwen.

"That was the closest Merlin had ever been to you." Leon replied. "Good work!"

"Now just don't wait anymore and propose to her already." Gwaine replied as he began to drink.

"I have to tell mother the good news." Arthur said. "But father-"

"Arthur, true love always wins." Lancelot replied as he held his shoulders.

"I know that but what if father doesn't allow? He's very unpredictable. What if he tries to harm Merlin. I can't live without her."

"Don't think negatively." Percival advised.

After celebrating for some more time they left the chambers and went to their respective homes. Merlin sat in her chamber and looked at herself in the mirror and thought if Arthur would still love her the same way if he learns about her magic.

Suddenly she heard the sound of something falling behind her and turning around she saw that one of the flowers Arthur gave her was missing. Merlin ran to the window and saw something taking that flower and running towards the forest.

Merlin didn't think twice before jumping out her window and running after it, even though she was still in her dress.

"Hey! Arthur gave those to me! Come back!" She yelled and kept her full concentration on that creature running away with her flower. She used her magic to trap that creature and it fell to the ground.

"This is what you get when you mess with the greatest sorceress to ever walk the earth." Merlin said and approached the fallen creature.

When she reached it, she found it to be a baby white dragon! Merlin hadn't seen any dragons before and this one so happened to steal her flowers. Merlin felt sorry to see the dragon fallen down and held it like a baby in her arms. The dragon opened its eyes and saw Merlin looking at it. The dragon licked her cheek and Merlin giggled.

"Aren't you cute." Merlin commented.

"Thank you." The dragon answered which supprised Merlin.

"You can talk!?"

"Only to you, my queen. I'm Aithusa." The dragon said.

"You're a girl?"

"Yes." The dragon said.

"I do hope that you know that it isn't safe for you to roam around like this, if the king comes to know than he'll have you killed."

"You will protect me, right?"

"Ofcourse I will, that's a queen's job."

"I don't have anywhere to go, I'm lost."

"Don't worry, Aithusa. From now on you're my pet. I will take care of you."

Aithusa began to shiver and Merlin hugged her tightly to keep her warm and brought her back to Gaius' chambers. Gaius was supprised at the sight of a baby dragon in his chambers. Merlin explained the situation and Gaius didn't mind having the dragon home.

Merlin took the dragon in her chamber and wrapped one of her red neckchiefs around it. She always used powder to conceal her scars when she isn't wearing a neckchief. Aithusa snuggled with it and flew on Merlin's bed and landed on her soft pillow. Aithusa walked on the pillow, trying to move all the cotton to the centre through the cloth and layed down.

"Sweet dreams, baby." Merlin said as she pet the dragon till it fell asleep. "Good night Arthur." She added.

The next morning Arthur stood outside the throne room along with his knights and sister and her helper. Arthur had trained himself overnight to tell his father about his feelings towards Merlin. Inside would be Uther, his ministers and many soldiers but his biggest support, his mother was also inside and she will help him.

"Go on." Morgan encouraged. "You have taken so long to gain this courage."

"Don't let this chance get away." Gwen added.

Arthur still looked nervous.

"Arthur, you don't have to be scared as you aren't asking anything wrong." Lancelot explained.

"This will be your state aswell when you have to meet Gwen's father." Gwaine joked.

"Gwaine, this isn't time to joke!" Leon scolded.

"Best of luck." Percival said.

Arthur took a deep breath and went inside while the others watched from out. Surprisingly only Uther and Igraine were inside sitting on their throne while soldiers stood on their normal places.

"Arthur, what brings you here, son?" Uther asked.

"Father, mother, I have something I want to tell you."

"The only thing I would want to hear from you is your plans to get married." Uther replied and saw Igraine giving him a glare.

"Arthur, tell us what is truly in your heart." Igraine said as she looked at him.

"I have great news." Arthur said.

"What is that?" Uther asked.

"I have found the one whom my soul loves."

"That's amazing son!" Igraine replied and stood up. She already knew who it was but was happy that Arthur gained the guts to admit it.

"I hope she is worth our position-"

"Uther!" Igraine scolded.

"What? Not everyone can be a princess that to the wife of the future king."

"Not this again, we are looking for a girl who will like Arthur for who he is and not the future king."

"She needs to be worthy for queen."

"You have to see her inner self and not the outside appearance Uther Pendragon!"

Arthur watched his parents argue, again, and tried to stop them.

"Mother, father please stop arguing!"

They stopped and looked at him.

"Father, she will be a good queen and she has all the qualities that a good queen must have."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, she's great assistance, nice to talk to, great at leadership, well organised, she fights for her right and solve solution." Arthur explained. "And more than that she is a great human, always ready to help and loves me very much."

"Lady Vivienne loved you."

"If Lady Vivienne's love was true, she would never poison my drink."

"She did what!" Igraine stood up.

"Igraine, it's fine. No one was harmed." Uther explained. "Who is that girl who you love?"

"The one who drank the poison to save me."

"That servant girl!?"

"Yes."

"Wait, wait, wait. Can someone please explain this poison thing to me?" Igraine asked.

Arthur explained to her but Uther cut him off, "How do you expect a girl from a village can rule a kingdom beside you."

"Father, she will do it. I'll train her for it."

"And do you think she'll be able to do it? I've seen her getting fed up of all the work you give her. How can a girl like this run a kingdom?"

"Father, she has been doing the work and not complaining."

"I object. It's either a noble woman or no one." Uther sternly said leaving everyone shocked.

The others standing outside heard everything and can in.

"Than it's no one." Arthur replied.

Uther couldn't stand a chance against his son.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 182 60
Gwaine sees Morgana on the street and instantly is drawn to her. Morgana also feels the same way once she has met Gwaine. Time and time again they ru...
2.7K 111 18
Eliora was a simple cobbler's girl to all; or so she thought. As the Prince gets to know her, he becomes more and more infatuated by her beauty and h...
316 5 3
Merlin and Arthur got married, just as they always wanted. But war had struck Camelot, taking the life of its beloved King Arthur. Merlin is left to...
191K 9K 57
━━ β¦—the swan princess! ⦘ ❝ you're beautiful! thank you, but what else? ... what else is there? ... ❞ β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ...