𝓢𝓮𝓮 𝓜𝓮

By jackssfox

What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place alm... More

Playlist
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 27

21.1K 327 3K
By jackssfox

ੈ✩‧₊˚
𝔼𝕞𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕃𝕖𝕚𝕝𝕒 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕣
ੈ✩‧₊˚

I lost track of what time I woke up, I don't even know if it has been too much or just a few minutes. I couldn't get myself out of bed though, just lied down there on the bed, watching Kai as he breathed evenly in his sleep. I let my fingers brush some of his hair away from his forehead, seeing clearly how peaceful he looked. No worry, anger, sadness, happiness, nothing. Just calmness.

This is the first time I've woken up to him like this, to both of us like this; just sleeping, our legs tangled underneath the covers as on of his hands rested on my back while the other fell between us. I tried to get up, to maybe wake him up at least, but I couldn't. All I could do was think about last night. About him as I stared at his sleeping face.

I think about you all the freaking time, his voice rang in my head, my whole world revolves around you. I felt my heart thud faster, my breath becoming heavier at the images flashing in my head from yesterday. Before I dated him, I thought that I used to think about him a lot, fantasize about what it would be like dating him. I thought all of this would be tamed down once I had him, but I was so wrong. If anything, those thoughts amplified now that I know what it's like being with him, what it's like to have him in my arms. Kai started to feel like a drug I never wanted to be cured of its addiction.

Instead, I wanted more. He was already mine. How can you keep wanting what's already yours? How can someone make someone else feel these type of emotions? I don't know what he was doing to me, but it's definitely working. I've never felt this possessive over anything. I knew myself, knew what I was like. I was not a possessive person by any means, I wasn't the type to get jealous when someone has the same thing I do, but Kai? He messed with my head real good.

He was different. Kai was the only thing I wanted all to myself. The only person I would want to be locked in with forever, with the key thrown away. I looked down to his hand between us, my finger brushing against his knuckles until it reached his ring, checking mine too before looking back at his. I actually couldn't imagine my life without him. Couldn't even think about it.

I sighed and was about to close my eyes when I noticed Kai's breathing wasn't heavy or even anymore, glancing up to see clear brown eyes staring right through me, "how long have you been awake?"

"A few."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"You looked pretty deep in thought, didn't want to interrupt," his raspy voice sent a flare up my spine as his hand pulled me in, a sleepy smile appearing on his face at my breath catching, "what were you thinking about?"

"Hmm, about what kind of breakfast we're having today, I'm actually famished," I lied, watching his frown form by being caught off guard as I chuckled.

"That's the only thing you're thinking about?" He blinked at me, motioning to the almost nonexistent space between us, "seriously?"

"Yup."

"I don't think we can have that," he rasped out with a shake of his head, "I think there can be something else that you should really be thinking about."

"Like what?" He didn't give me a chance to process what I even said before his mouth was on mine, kissing my lips before going down my jaw, his lips brushing all over my neck next as I gasped in surprise, my hands going to his shoulders when he rolled on top of me.

"Good morning," he murmured next to my ear, his lips pressing against my skin again.

"Good morning," I let out in a whisper, closing my eyes as his hands went to my waist. I promise I'll make you feel so good, he had said that to me. He lived up to his promise. I remember the moment something snapped in me, wanting to give him a taste of his own medicine when I kissed his tattoo, watching him struggle to hold himself together and do nothing. Thinking of nothing but me.

"Hi," he said as he leaned back, his eyes finally fully opening. He looked so good like that, his body wrapped in mine, his eyes on just me.

"Hi," I moved my hands to the sides of his neck, "you—"

Three bangs on the door cut me off, Zade's voice muffled through it, "Emma, are you up?"

I looked at Kai then back at the door just when Zade knocked again, "get up! I'm assigned for some reason to get you and Kai down for breakfast, but Kai's not answering, probably sleeping like the dead in his bed. Wake up so you can go get him instead."

Kai chuckled, dropping his forehead to my shoulder, whispering in my ear, "tell him to go away."

I took a sharp breath when his lips touched my skin again, kissing from my shoulder up to the side of my throat. I tried to make my voice seem exhausted as I called, "okay! Just let me grab a shower real quick—"

I cut myself off by clamping my mouth shut when Kai's teeth lightly bit my earlobe, making me arch my back, pressing my front to his more as I faintly heard Zade murmur something like 'okay' before his footsteps faded. I wrapped my legs around Kai's waist, my hands going to the back of his hair as his went down my body, his lips going to my jaw again, talking between kisses, "you're making me crazy."

"I'm not doing anything," I replied softly, sighing before a small smile broke out at his groan, his hips rolling against mine.

"That's exactly what's making me crazy," he leaned back, his brown eyes somehow softening more. This was so beautiful. This moment was so beautiful. I never felt anything like it before, never wanted a moment to last more than this. This felt so natural, even when it never happened before. It felt so peaceful and quiet, like it was just us with nobody and nothing around. Like we got all the time in the world, "just looking at you, like that. I can't even look away, it should be illegal."

"What should?" My smile widened at his fake frown, watching him point a finger to my face.

"This," he simply said, "this witchcraft you're doing."

"Witchcraft?" I widened my eyes, my jaw slightly dropping.

"Yeah," he nodded his head, lowering his eyebrow, "it's giving me a headache. This is not your behavior, Emmaline. Who told you to do that? Is it Jett? I knew this girl was a witch—"

"Hey!" I laughed, slamming my hand to his mouth to keep him from ranting out more words that made absolutely nonsense. I felt him open his mouth, his teeth making contact with my fingers, about to bite me, but I quickly pulled them away, smacking his shoulder, "you're ridiculous. It's driving me crazy."

"You know you love it," he tilted his head with a smile before I saw a glint in his eyes, "do you want to shower?"

"I was already going to do that," I shot him a confused look, but his smile just turned from sweet to somehow wicked, his hands tightening around my hips.

"What a coincidence, me too," he didn't give me time to react before he sat up straight, my arms and legs wrapping around him as he stood up, carrying me while he walked, "let's go."

"Let's—" I scoffed, seeing him go into the bathroom, turn on the lights, "Kai, what about breakfast?"

"Don't worry, I'll threaten Zade to give you his food later," he said flatly.

"Poor Zade."

"Yeah, whatever," he tightened his hold on me with one arm as his other hand opened the glass door to the shower, walking until my back hit the wall, his fingers tucking my hair behind my ear as he leaned back, "now, why don't we pick up where we left of?"

I think we're both skipping breakfast today then.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Atlas?" I asked, walking towards him as I put my hands in my pockets, watching his head turn from the huge window to me, giving me a small smile before looking back outside as I stood beside him, "what are you doing?"

"I wanted a change of scenery," he shrugged then turned his back to the window, leaning against it and giving me a once over so quickly it was barely even there, "but I guess you can help with that too."

"Stop flirting with me," I crossed my arms, giving him a warning look, "I have a boyfriend now."

"Oh, right, Mr. Grumpy Robot," he chuckled when I scowled at him, "damn, Warner, tómalo con calma."

I shot him a confused look, but he just leaned off of the window, putting his hands in his sweatpants pockets and leaning his upper body down a tiny fraction that I didn't even have to lean back to pull away, "take it easy. I stopped trying with you way before you properly even started liking Kai."

"Stopped trying?" My eyebrows shot up, "what does that even mean?"

"I mean, do you look at your mirror? Of course I'd want a chance," he said so casually that I only blinked at him to process what he's saying, "but I backed down because a) after thinking about it, I realized my life would be at stake because your father is... terrifying to say the least b) you didn't give me the same interest back, which was offending, by the way."

"So... what you're saying is you tried once, and because I didn't like you back that one time, you threw the towel?"

"Pretty much, yeah," he nodded, but I just gave him an unconvinced look. How could someone like another person but admit defeat before even trying? Atlas seemed to notice my internal monologue because he gave me a soft smile, explaining, "I wouldn't chase anyone, Warner. Like, never."

"Are you being serious?"

"Yup," he sat on the window seat, looking up at me with a calm expression, "why would I run after someone who doesn't like me back?"

"That's not how it works," I snapped, sitting next to him with my back to the wall and pulling my legs up, hugging my knees as I went on, "if you want something, you go after it until you get it. You don't just back down. You won't find anyone that way."

"Okay, first of all, I could find anyone I want, not liking me is your loss by the way," he pointed at me, but I just rolled my eyes, "and second of all, are you saying I should have tried more with you? Something could have happened?"

"Yeah— I mean no," I let out in a frustrated breath when his eyes widened with a devilish look, groaning in response, "stop doing that! How did you end up flirting with me again?"

"It's one of my many talents," he laughed when I lightly kicked his leg with my foot, "what?"

"I'm being serious," I slapped my hands on my knees. I don't know why I was so energetic talking to him, not even thinking about what I was over passionate or not, but I felt compelled to talk about this topic in particular, I don't even know why. I remember being so nervous with Amelia about it at first, now we talk on the phone about Kai and Rio almost everyday, especially since I came here, I have nothing but time.

But the point was I didn't feel the same nervousness I felt with Amelia when I was talking with Atlas right now. I didn't even know him that much, never knew any of the supremes that much anyway. But out of everyone, even when I purely liked Nia and knew how kind heartedly she was even when she can be a little curious about everyone's life, Atlas was the one I never held my breath during a conversation with. I don't even consider him as anything in my life.

"You know I don't mean me," I sighed, watching him blink at me as I talked, "I mean in general. What you're doing won't ever work in your favor."

"I don't want it to," he fired back, "who told you I even want to be with someone."

"Who wouldn't want that?"

"A lot. Not everyone lives in wonderland like you and Kai," he pointed out.

"But... you always," I thought out loud, "you, I mean, I always see you acting so sweet around girls."

"Doesn't mean I want anything out of it," he winked, and I tried to understand what he was saying before it clicked.

"Damn, you're so disgusting," I let out before I could think even once, not twice, his eyebrows shooting up as his blue eyes widening a little with a tilt of his head, making me slam my hand to my mouth, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say that. Oh my god."

I buried my face in my hands, shaking my head. Oh my god. He doesn't even know me, this might be the longest conversation we ever had in the 17 years I knew him, and I just called him disgusting.

"I guess we're being friendly now," I heard him say and slowly looked up, only revealing my eyes to see him smiling and looking away before looking my way. I wanted this wall behind me to open up and swallow me whole, "out of everything, you of all people saying this to my face was not on my New Year's bingo list."

"I'm so sorry—"

"See, I would go complain to your boyfriend about you, but then I'd have to explain how this conversation started, and he'd know you wanted me to try and get with you, and I feel like it might make him a little jealous."

"I didn't want you to be with me, oh my god," I huffed out a laugh, "Atlas, seriously, stop that!"

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry— wait," he blinked, the laughter in his voice fading, "why am I the one apologizing when you are the one in the wrong?"

"She has a habit of that," Dad's voice suddenly came from out left, our heads snapping up to him shooting Atlas a bored look then looking at me, "what are you doing here?"

"Uh, just wanted a... um, a change of scenery?" I smiled, stealing Atlas's line that he'll probably never let me live down later.

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" He blinked at me.

"Yup."

"Does he know that you're here?"

"...no?" He clenched his jaw and looked back at Atlas, giving him a glare this time before looking back at me, smiling softly.

"Go sit with him, please. He's driving Nazeera crazy by looking at the door every second while she's trying to train his powers," he said flatly.

"O-kay," I hesitated but stood up anyway, waving a hand at Atlas quickly and mouthing 'I'm sorry again' before motioning for Dad to move with me but he just kept glaring at him until I physically pulled his arm with me, turning him so we could walk back into the training room, "what was that?"

"What did he say to make you feel embarrassed like that?" He asked, "was he making you feel uncomfortable?"

"What— no," I shook my head as he opened the training room door for me, "I was just, uh, ranting. Yeah. You know, I always get caught up while talking. But I really don't think Atlas would make me uncomfortable—"

"You were with Atlas?" Kai's voice suddenly asked, turning to see his chest falling up and down, but at a very lower range this time. He's getting so much better controlling his powers, I had to fight the proud smile wanting to appear.

"I—"

"Yes," Dad cut me off before brushing past me.

"Dad!" I frowned, but he was already gone, going to stand next to Mum as she worked with Maven. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath, looking back at Kai who was giving me a look I actually never saw before. He wasn't mad or even upset, I think. He was just giving me this soft look, not smiling, just blinking at me as he waited for me to talk, "hey."

"Hi," he cleared his throat, "you told me you were going to grab more water."

"I was," I replied softly, watching his gaze drop to my hand then the other one, seeing how there was no bottle in any of them and looked back up, still not giving away any expression except for when he shifted from one leg to the other, his lips forming into a thin line as I cleared my throat, "I, uh, I forgot," this was so bad, "I just got caught up, and then Dad came and—"

"It's okay, I'm not doing that for you to explain yourself. You don't ever have to do that," he smiled now, but his eyes still had that same look in them, "I just— never mind."

"What?"

"It's nothing," he waved his hand but continued anyway, "I just beat my own score again, and I wasn't even tired," his voice turned a little excited, "do you believe that? I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of this now that we're seriously training. Anyway, I just wanted to show you or tell you, but you weren't here yet."

"Oh," I let out before I could stop myself, my chest tightening at every word he said. Okay, now I felt so bad. If I wanted the wall to swallow me up when I was with Atlas, I now wanted to slam my head to it. It might seem like nothing to anybody, but Kai being excited about something simple that obviously wasn't simple to him, or to me, is definitely something. Since we both got our powers, we got really excited about improving them. I remember every time at the academy we would get so competitive, we'd act insane around each other.

"Come with me," I took his hand and quickly pulled him out of the room, going into a different one I've never been in before and closing the door around us, turning my back to the room as Kai's back pressed against the door, "so you beat your own score?"

"Yeah," he said after a moment of confusion.

I hummed, stepping closer to him, watching as his head tilted down the moment mine tilted up to look at him, "I'm really proud of you."

"Thank y—" I cut him off by grabbing his collar and pulling him down, brushing my lips against his. I softly kissed him for a few seconds until my tongue urged his mouth open, feeling him finally kissing me back, his hands going to both sides of my face as I stood on my tiptoes to get closer.

I felt the air shift, my lungs feeling like they're going to combust from his kiss. Before, I said that when he holds me like that while kissing me, I feel like we're alone in our own world, like he takes me far away from everyone and everything happening around us. But right now, this felt completely different. This felt like he was pulling me into his world, like he was telling me I'm only his, only allowed to get lost in him.

He tilted his head down more, his tongue rolling against mine as I gasped, my hands going to his wrist while I stumbled back, taking him with me. I felt his teeth biting down on my lip as he leaned back, my breath coming out as sigh, feeling him rest his forehead on mine, his voice low, "if I knew you'd be this proud of me, I would've trained everyday."

"You don't need to," I smiled, "I'm always proud of you."

"Really?" He arched a brow before his expression went neutral again, "you should probably always watch me then, Atlas is not going anywhere, you know?"

I let out a sigh at the mention of his name, I knew he was still jealous, he wouldn't let it go this easily. And I couldn't even be upset about it, if the roles were reversed, I'd be fuming. He wasn't even blaming me or telling me I did something wrong, which made me feel even more guilty, "I didn't even know he was outside. I just— he was sitting there and I wanted to check up on him, you know, like I always do when someone is—"

"I don't care about that, Emmaline," he smiled again, his hands going to my shoulders down my arms until our fingers linked, "you can talk to whoever you want, but all under one condition."

"What?"

"Remember that list of yours? The one about your favorite things?"

"Yeah."

"I get to be on the top of it," he said without missing a beat, his eyes pinned on mine, "I don't care about anything else."

"But I told you you're the second," I teased him, my smile fading at how he blinked once at me, the look in his eyes darkening before he worked his jaw once then clenched it. Suddenly the world blurred, my back hit a flat surface with a gasp, Kai's hands resting on both sides of my face on the wall behind me, "what—"

"Emmaline, I swear to god, you keep doing that, I will lock us both up and keep you in my bed until I make sure I'm the only thing even remaining on that list," he warned against my face, his breath ironically harsher than it was when he was technically running a marathon.

Do it. I wanted to say. The reply snapped in my mind without me even thinking, but I wasn't even surprised by myself anymore. I did tell him this is what I wanted. I want to stay here with you forever. I'd said that yesterday. And I meant it. I wanted him in every way. I wanted him with me all the time, never wanted him to let go. I just wanted to be his. I didn't feel anything like this with anyone else, not with any guy who ever liked me, not with Atlas, not with anyone.

I wanted to tell him that. I wanted to tell him that no matter how many times Atlas talked to me, I'd never feel what I fill with Kai with him. I'd never allow anyone else have this hold on me except for Kai. Just him and me. But I didn't say all that. Something inside of me snapped at his sight, something I never felt before as I tilted my head with a soft smile, "I like how much you like me."

I put a hand on his chest as I watch him swallow, heard his jaw tick. It made me even more satisfied. I said one time that there might be something wrong with me, seeing him angry like that, his only threats being things I already fantasize about, but I honestly didn't care. Let my head be twisted if I get to be with him like that. I leaned off of the wall with his hands still caging me in, my chest brushing against his, his heartbeat hammering against my palm and whispered, "want to know something?"

"What?" He finally gritted out, my innocent smile softening more as his eyes narrowed at me, probably confused on what I'm doing.

I rose on my tiptoes, my lips brushing against his ears as I murmured, "I want you to make yourself my favorite."

I heard his sharp breath before a hand was on the front of my neck, moving my head back to look at him just as he crushed his lips to mine, pinning me back to the wall and tilting his head, deepening the kiss. My chest squeezed in as I tried to think logically, my thoughts slipping away from me with every sound I let out against his mouth. His other hand went down my body, to my hips, lifting my leg up by holding my thigh, resting his forehead on mine.

"I'll make you want even more," he let out, his lips brushing against my jaw as he went on, "more of me even after I break the scale."

I tried to say something, to talk back like I did a moment ago, but nothing came out, my tongue went numb. Memories from last night flashed in my head again, him telling me he's mine again, calling me his life, staying up all night together until my brain shut down, until I could barely even remember my name.

"But not right now," he smiled softly, letting go of my leg, the hand on my throat going to brush some hair out of my face before softly brushing his lips on my forehead and leaning back, "we still have to go back then work out then eat lunch."

I let out an annoyed sound causing him to chuckle, my cheeks heating up, suddenly feeling self conscious as I let my eyes roam anywhere but him, checking what room we were in for the first time since we got here. My eyes widened as my gaze kept falling on the different kind of weapons pinned all over the walls. Rifles, pistols, hand grenades, everything. We were in the armory room.

I rounded Kai, my jaw dropped slightly at the sight around me. I've never been in here before, it was... beautiful. I brushed my fingers against one of the shotguns, the silver material on the grip shining against the light. I turned to the pistols, grabbing one of the guns to study it closely. I don't know where this obsession even came from or when it started, but guns always seemed compelling to me.

Maybe because I grew up with Kai and Zade, always wanting to join them when they played with their toys as kids. When Jett came along, she was drawn to their behavior from the start, so it didn't really help. Instead, it drew me in even more.

"Hey," Kai's voice pulled me out of my thoughts, my head whipping to him as he held a grenade in the palm of his hand, tossing it in the air before catching it, "do you think the Castillos will be disappointed if they woke up one day and found themselves without a son?"

"Pretty sure, yeah," I replied casually, giving him a look, "I thought we moved past this, Kai."

"Meh," he shook his head once, looking up at the wall then back at me, "another more important question, do we really care about the Castillos' mental health? I mean, we don't really know them."

"Yes, Kai, we do care," I sighed with a shake of my head, putting the gun back in place and walking to him.

"Okay, cool," his mouth formed into a thin line, putting the grenade back and holding my hand as we walked to the door before we started again, "I mean— they can always have another baby—"

"Kai!" I snapped, widening my eyes at him before scoffing, "what is wrong with you? Stop talking about murdering people, it's creepy."

"Fine, fine," he opened the training room door for me, "I'll be good."

"Thank you very much," I pinned him with a look, seeing everyone still training with Naz and Mum, Kenji and Castle talking with Sam and Nauria, James was probably trying to get Aurora to fit in because I saw him nudging her to reply to something Sonya and Sara said, making her nervously laugh before talking. Jett was now with Mum while Zade and Silas laughed around, Naz glaring at then for absolutely no reason, but she's Naz so it's okay.

I was about to go sit down when an idea came to mind, looking at the hologram station pod. It was both for physical and mental training, but whenever I thought about trying it, my mind went to helping my powers, my brain focus. This pod has projections of various things, humans, wild animals, muttations, every and anything that can attack someone. I looked back at Mum still with Jett then found my feet walking on their own until I was in front of the control panel.

I could select whatever I wanted, the type of attackers, the number, the difficulty of the holograms. Even the type of weapon I'll be using. I clenched my jaw as I pressed the gun logo, choosing humans as attackers, my finger stopping in the air as I thought about the number and difficulty. This was the first time I'll ever try this, it couldn't actually harm me, they're just simulations, but I still didn't want to lose.

I let out a frustrated breath and pressed 10 without thinking, choosing standard for difficulty level and grabbing a gun from the stand of different weapons, opening the pod's door and walking in, hearing the click of the door closing behind me as I stood in the middle, taking a deep breath, watching the countdown projecting in the air from 5.

I felt my hold tighten around the gun, why was I so nervous? Because this is the first time you'll aim the gun and fire at people. Fake people, I had to remind myself. They could be real one day.

4.

I swallowed, straightening my back. 10 people. I can't get shot once.

3.

They could come from anywhere. With any weapon.

2.

I needed to not only work my aim, but also heighten my senses.

1.

The hairs on my body stood to their ends as I forced my ears and eyes to work perfectly at the same time.

0.

I pulled back the slide to load the bullets into the chamber, ready to fire. The room suddenly became filled with light, blinding me for a moment before it went back to normal. So quiet. No sound, no movement. I looked around for when they're going to appear before I heard something. Quickly turning and extending my arm on a hologram figure, a man with a axe, storming in on me. I waited until he was close enough and pulled the trigger, the shot making it to his head as he vanished.

I looked back, seeing three other figures, scattered all over the place, aiming for me at once. A woman with a gun, a man with an knife, and another with a bow. A bow and gun, get rid of them first.

I dodged the bow coming my way, running to the right and quickly firing at the woman as she ran towards me, aiming at her chest as she vanished. I looked up at the one with the bow, aiming at me then down at the one with the knife— no. He didn't wait until he reached me to stab me, he hurled the knife at me as I watched it swing in the air.

I forced my mind to quickly act, awakening my powers and stopping the knife right in front of my face when an idea came to mind. I closed my eyes, focusing more and hurling it to the one with the bow, depending on my hearing to know where he is. I opened my eyes to see his hologram disappearing, a smile appearing on my face before I quickly shot the one who was know knifeless, making him disappear too.

4 down, 6 more to go. I reloaded the gun as I walked back to the middle, lookibg around for any figures again. I couldn't see outside of the pod, I didn't know if anyone was watching me. That's not important right now, because two holograms appeared out of thin air. A woman with a sward and another with a... laser gun?

I didn't even have time to process because the woman stormed in my direction, swinging her sword as I dodged it, rounding her, but she turned with her sword out. I widened my eyes and jumped quickly, the sword only touching me, enough to only scratch me if this was real, rolling on the floor then standing up with my gun out, shooting her in the forehead just when the one with the laser gun fired, the laser going to my hand, dropping the gun out of it.

Another hologram appeared behind me, with a spear this time.

"Damn it," I murmured under my breath, looking back at the one with the laser gun already aiming at me from behind a pillar. My heart thudded louder as I took off running towards my gun, I dodged the laser beam by a hair's breadth, feeling the heat singe my hair and looked back towards the one with the spear, his arm thrown back as if about to hurl it at me. Dodge it. That's the only thing I can do, I can't use my powers to hurl it back at him, I won't have time.

I closed my eyes, heightening my hearing sensation, hearing his footsteps stop, the sound of the imaginary spear going through air and quickly bent down, grabbing my gun and rolling off the ground to the right till I was on my back, looking up at the spear disappearing next to me and quickly shot the man as he was about to jump on me.

6 down, 4 to go. If I wanted to catch the one behind the pillar, a gun wouldn't get the job done. I looked towards his direction, but he wasn't there anymore. I felt my breath harden, I couldn't focus on anything to its full anymore. Too much. They're only 4. I loaded the gun, getting up on my feet. There wasn't anything in this room I could use my powers on, only the holograms, which were hard to control since they don't even exist physically.

A sound snapped behind me, my head whipped around to see three figures appearing, one with a sword, another with a whip, and the last one with a grenade launcher. They were closing in on me, trying to corner me. I quickly shot the one with the whip, making him vanish. I was about to shoot the other two before they got too close but the one with the laser gun appeared again, behind me.

I gasped and willed my legs to run, an idea snapping in my head as I dodged the laser attacks, running from the three remaining holograms. I was going to be cornered. I was running to a wall, nowhere to go. I knew she had to face the hologram man with the laser gun sooner or later. He was the most dangerous of the three remaining enemies, and I had no chance of winning if I ignored him.

I decided to lure the other three holograms to a corner of the pod, where they would be trapped by the walls and the crates. I hoped that the hologram with the grenade launcher would fire at me, and I would use my powers to deflect the grenade back at them, causing a massive explosion that would take them all out.

I ran towards the corner, shooting my gun at the hologram man as I did. He followed her, firing his laser at her. I dodged and weaved, avoiding the deadly beams. Once I was there, I turned. Seeing all three closing in on me. I waited for the right moment. I saw the hologram with the grenade launcher raise his arm, ready to fire. I focused my mind on the grenade, preparing to redirect it.

I was going to win. 10 people, first try. I was going to get them. I was about to prepare my body to run after I get ahold of the grenade when something went wrong. I looked down seeing laser going through my stomach, looking up at the one with the laser gun aimed towards me.

I hissed and closed my eyes, hearing a loud sound, gazing in front of me again at the three figures disappearing as a red light flashed through the place, announcing my loss. The room going back to normal with nothing more than the huge projected light in the air saying end of simulation.

I let out a frustrated breath and ran a hand through my hair, storming towards the door and pressing a button that opened it for me, getting out and putting the gun back on the stand then looked in front of me, seeing—

"Where you all watching that?" I asked Kai, seeing Dad and Mum next to him, Naz and Kenji by the end of the room along with, well, everyone. But I really didn't care about everyone, my only focus on these 5.

"It was a good plan," Kai said with a smile, explaining when I lowered my eyebrows, "what you were trying to do. You were trying to turn the tables on them, right?"

"Well, that doesn't matter because I lost anyway so," I sighed, gritting my teeth next. I miscalculated, I let all my focus be pinned on one thing, forgetting every other thing.

"You had seven," Mum smiled, "that's pretty good for a first try and not beginners level."

"Yup," I tried to smile, but I didn't feel like it. I'm not upset that I only got seven, I'm upset that I acted stupid. I got ahead of myself. I'm not good at plans and calculating my movements, that was Kai. Kai knows every move he's going to do and not do. I just go with the flow, and when I try to plan something it crumbles. Simple or not, I'm not good at it.

It might not seem like it, but out of all of us, I'm the one who always acts on impulse. I don't think. I overthink, but it's always about my feelings or other people's thoughts towards me. But when it comes to planing? To calculating my steps? Not one thought that ended up going all the way through.

"I'm going to actually grab some water now," I cleared my throat, turning to the door.

"Emma—"

"I'm fine!" I called out, cutting off Mum as I opened the door, "I'll be right back."

I haven't even made it to the kitchen when I heard footsteps behind me, sighing, and turning, "I said I'm okay."

"You're angry," Dad simply said with a tilt of his head, "are you upset because you lost in general or because your plan didn't work out?"

"I don't know," I huffed, giving up trying to lie because he'd know either way, "both?"

"You shouldn't be mad at yourself, Kai was right, your plan was good."

"It failed," I gave him a look, "a plan is not good if it doesn't work."

"That's not true," he shook his head, stepping towards me, "no plan will ever work smoothly or as you want, sometimes something has to get in the way."

"So you're saying that every time I try and plan something, there will always be the possibility that it won't work."

"What I'm saying is that you learn from this to have more than just a plan," he explained, "aside from the strategy that I think you need to have in your head, you need an escape route from said scheme."

"What do you mean?"

"Sometimes what you plan for absolutely crumbles in front of your eyes, you have two options then," he stood in front of me, his green eyes piercing though my own, "you either stay paralyzed as you see what you worked so hard for unfolds, or you use that escape route, tricking the universe before it ruins you."

I blinked at him, trying to process the deep thoughts he hit me with. If we were normally talking, It'd tell him he's dramatic, but for some reason, the words he said, the way he said it, got into my head. I liked it. It kind of... made sense. I wanted to hear more.

"But I didn't even know my plan failed until it was over," I finally said.

"It's never over, Leila," my heart stopped for a second at the name. He hasn't called me that in a very long time. I missed it. In serious moments when he's trying, and failing, to act strict with me, he'd use Emmaline. But Leila was different. It was just something between me and him. Nobody called me that except for him. Only used in moments like these, or, and we do not talk about that, in moments when he was very angry like that time Kai and I got busted.

"How?"

"You need to always have that escape plan in your head, in the back of your mind," he rested two fingers on my temple before letting them down, "you don't think too much about, you just use it."

"What's the escape plan?"

"That's for you to decide," he shrugged, "and I don't mean by escaping, you run from it, or hide. It could definitely be someone's escape plan, but not yours, Leila. You don't run from anything, you twist it to your liking, for your personal gain."

"You really think I'm capable of doing that? You know I'm not good at figuring these things out by myself," I finally said after a moment of silence, understanding his words.

"I know you are," he smiled, "and if you really need it, you can have my help anytime. Your mum too. You can tell us anything, you know?"

"I know," I let a out a breath, but smiled, looking up at him and before I knew it, I wrapped my arms around his back, hugging him, "I love you."

"I love you more, sweetheart," His arms came around my shoulders, his hand patting my upper back. An escape route. One that would give me everything I'm about to lose when things go south. I'm going to have to figure this out soon.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"What are you doing?" Jett asked Naz as we walked into the gym, seeing her eating another orange, what's with her obsession with them these days?

"Thinking," she simply said, still looking in front of her, tilting her head and narrowing her eyes on something slightly. I lowered my eyebrows and followed her gaze to Kenji doing push ups with Zade. We were all supposed to be working out, but the guys started without us and said we could join when we're ready because we were so late coming down after our powers training.

Going according to Dad's schedule, today was chest day. It was easier for them than for us, leg day was probably where we have fun bullying them when we make them try our sets.

"Naz, that's so disgusting and disturbing to say to a 16 year old, Naz," Jett's said, my head whipping to her, "I really didn't need to know that."

"You're the one who asked," she gave her a bored look before her eyes went t Kenji again, chewing on another orange slice, "can you please move a little, you're blocking my view."

"Thinking is good, Jett," Mum rested her head on Naz's shoulder, her eyes somewhere else, I didn't even need to look to know it was Dad, "helps your brain stay active."

I sighed and looked at Dad, seeing him bench pressing, finally changing out of his clothes to sweatpants and sneakers along with a black shirt. I looked around, my eyes looking for someone in particular until I found him, my jaw slightly dropping. I'll never get used to this like ever. Kai was in what I think is his favorite grey sweatpants, some white sneakers, and that damn black compression shirt.

He was doing pec deck workout, my eyes glued to him as his muscles flexed and bulged with every rep he did. I held my breath at the sight of him grunting in one of the reps, gritting his teeth and looking up before looking down again, his black curls falling to his forehead. I clenched my jaw watching him start again, not even noticing me with his eyes narrowed on the ground in front of him.

"I understand," a familiar sound said next to me before he swung his arm around my shoulder. I blinked rapidly, looking at Silas with a smile on his face, nodding his head with his eyes on Kai, "I mean, this is something that would definitely keep someone going."

"One, that's absolutely unacceptable for you to say," I said with my eyes still on Kai, "two, get your eyes off of him."

"I'm just saying you have a great type," he chuckled, sending a flare of anger down my chest.

"Thanks. Now look at something else."

"Are you jealous?" I saw the smile in his face before I turned my head to him again, giving him a bored expression, "don't worry, I'm not after your man. I can get any girl or guy I want, so I'll let him off the hook."

"Thank you, I appreciate it," I gave him a fake smile, "aside from the part where you finally stopped bullying him, this is the nicest thing you've done for us."

"Anytime, Ems," he winked then let his arm fall, "now, if you'll excuse me, I promised James I'm going to spot him."

I watched him walk towards James the same moment Aurora walked into the gym, smiling at me and Jett, "hi!"

"Hey," I smiled back, looking towards Silas again to see him calling for James, who was standing next to the dumbbells, wiping his face with the hem of his shirt, making his abdomen show. Definitely not giving a thought that there are people we didn't really know around. I glanced at Aurora, seeing her already looking where I was, her lips slightly parting, her eyes staying there.

I shook my head and looked back at Kai, he was drinking water now, tilting his head back as his adam's apple moved when he drank. He needs to give me a break.

"Guys," Jett's voice said, but this time I kept my eyes on Kai while he tilted his head back down, getting his hair out of his face by running a hand through it, "hellooo, wake up. You guys are unbeliev-able..."

That made me look at her, wanting to see what made her last word break, trailing off without finishing her sentence. She was blinking at something near where I knew Kenji and Zade were, tilting her head as her eyes turned into slits. I frowned in confusion and looked where where gaze fell, seeing Atlas sitting on a bench, his chest falling up and down as he grabbed his collar, trying to get some air by tugging on it.

He tilted his head back against the wall and closing his eyes. Atlas was fairly attractive, like, enough for Jett to stop and look for a moment. However, I didn't feel anything remotely close to what I did looking at Kai. The last thought brought my eyes back to Kai, my breath catching at him already staring at me. No, not staring... but not glaring either. Just, looking at me with narrowed eyes before raising an eyebrow that made me break eye contact, feeling my breath shallow.

"Jett," I cleared my throat, holding her arm without even looking at her, "let's start working out, we're wasting time."

I quickly pulled her with me to where the dumbbells were, "calm down! I'm going to trip."

"Sorry," I whispered when we finally stopped, giving her an apologetic look, "do you want me to spot you or should we just work at the same time—"

"Let's just work at the same time," she held a palm up before pulling her in a ponytail, walking to the dumbbells, taking two and coming back to the chair, "you need to distract yourself because I will throw up from what you're feeling."

"Okay," I nodded, "that was... rude and straight to the point but okay."

Jett just gave me a look before shaking her head, leaning her back against the leather chair and rolling her shoulders before starting, me going to do the same.

"I forgot my water bottle where Naz and J are," Jett said just when I finished my first set, "I'll go grab it and come back."

"Okay," I watched her go then looked up again, closing my eyes and about to start the next one when I felt someone's hands underneath my elbows, their fingers barely brushing against my skin as I opened my eyes, seeing Kai tilting his head, "hey."

"Hi."

"Go on," he nodded at my hands still holding the two dumbbells, "I'll just pass the time spotting you until my rest ends."

"You don't have to," I replied softly, but his expression didn't waver. He didn't even have an expression, just looking at me.

"Go on, Emmaline," my heart skipped a beat at the way he the sound of my name coming from his breathless voice from working out, swallowing before starting, counting the reps in my head. I reached 5 when he spoke again, "do you think Atlas prefers guns or knives?"

"What?" I blurted out, his hands quickly holding my arms when I lost control on my hold, gripping the dumbbells tighter, "I think he prefers peace, Kai."

He hummed and looked away as I continued my set, giving him a look, "see? Even you aren't looking at me right now."

"That's because you're just too pretty to look at when I'm supposed to be mad at you," he said without missing a beat. I blinked up at him, pursing my lips to contain a smile that appeared anyway when I processed what he said, a small giggle making its way out, his head looking down at me again, "stop that."

"Stop what?" I grinned, watching him trying to give me a serious expression.

"You don't get to be all happy and giggly while I'm telling you I'm upset," he smiled, huffing out a laugh at my full grin.

"You don't look mad."

"I am," he smiled more, his teeth appearing as he shook his head, "see? I told you, witchcraft."

I sighed and put the dumbbells down, standing up and turning to him, watching him drop his hands as I took a step towards him, "if you don't stop saying that, I'll seriously not talk to you again."

"What?" His expression dropped as I crossed my arms, watching him blink, "I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted," I patted his shoulder, "don't repeat it again, habibi."

He sighed before frowning, realizing what happened, "seriously? Again? We talked about this, Emmaline. Why am I apologizing?"

I laughed and changed the subject, "you're wasting my time, Kai. Go on, don't you do bench pressing after your pec deck workout?"

He opened his mouth then closed it, shooting me a confused look. I gave him a soft smile and stepped closer, talking in a low voice, "see? I pay attention to you."

I didn't give him a chance to reply before I took my water off of the ground, walking to where Jett probably escaped when she saw Kai with me. I saw her on the Cable Crossover, Zade talking to her as she glared at him but answered anyway. I noticed how Jett doesn't like anyone talking to her during workouts, but I also noticed how she doesn't like upsetting Zade too much even when she would look like she's about to disown him.

I decided to do chest dips, taking a sip of my water before taking a breath and starting, seeing Kenji walking towards me just as I was about to be done with the workout, smiling at him as he sat down on the bench until I was finished, letting out a breath, "hey."

"Hi," he smiled with a tilt of his head, "you okay?"

"Yeah," I said, lowering my eyes in confusion.

"Are you still upset about earlier?" I stilled for a moment before sighing.

"No," I sat next to him, "I'm fine."

I was. Talking with that lifted some weight off of my shoulders, I just didn't want to talk about it again.

"You know," Kenji spoke again, "you were so in control in there."

"But I lost it."

"That's okay," he shrugged, "it wasn't even my point. My point was how you kept it in check until the last minute, you just let a part of it slip, and that's fine. I couldn't have done that."

"You couldn't?" I gave him an unconvinced look.

"Yeah," he nodded, "I mean, Emma, I literally go with the flow with everything in my life. If you hold a gun to my head and asked me to tell you how I planned to get to this life I'm living right now, I would tell you to pull the trigger."

"What?" I laughed, but kept listening to him.

"I'm serious. I kid you not that till this moment as we speak, I have no idea how I got Nazeera to even want to be with me. I have no idea how it happened, but it did. Same with literally everything. Emma," he whispered the next part, "I think the only thing I planned for was how to get your dad to wear a matching with me."

I let out a chuckle that turned into a full laugh as he continued, "what I'm saying is, even if you lost control, that's fine. You can always find your way back on track."

"Hmm," I hummed and pursed my lips then smiled, "I guess I'll take a note from Kenji's handbook then, see how it works."

"You won't be disappointed, it has the best notes out there," he smirked, and we both let out a soft laugh as I looked at Dad as he pointed at something while Kai put down the Olympic bar down. I looked to where he was pointing at, seeing the plates Kai took off from when Dad was working out.

"What are they doing?" I whispered to Kenji, seeing Dad grab one of the plates, putting it on one side of the bar, then another.

"Oh my god, he's trying to kill my son," Kenji quickly shot up, me following him until we stood in front of them, "what are you doing?"

"Helping Kai work out," Dad put another plate, Kai's face turning more panicked.

"Un, no," Kenji laughed, "these are going to crush him."

"He's been working out with both you and I since he learned how to walk, he needs a level up."

"A level us is not bench pressing three hundred and fifteen pounds," Kenji shook his head, "it's not our fault you're made of metal probably."

Dad nodded and looked at Kai, "so you don't think you can do it? That's alright, put these down."

"Uh," Kai looked at me for a moment then back at Dad, chuckling nervously, "no, no, I can do it."

"Kai—"

"I can," he cut me off, waving a hand, "I mean I can lift you up with one arm, this is nothing."

"You can lift me up because I'm, like, fifty kilograms. These are one hundred forty two kilograms, Kai," I pointed out, "trust me, I won't love you any less if you don't do it."

"I am doing it, okay? Back off," he insisted, Dad's head tilting at his last phrase, making Kai quickly shake his head, "I'm so sorry. I meant, pretty please take a few steps back, Emmaline."

I looked at Kenji to see him already looking at me, Naz's voice shouting from across the room, "if my son dies, I'm going to hunt you down, Warner!"

Dad looked back at her then at Kai, rushing, "okay, on a second thought—"

"Nope," Kai interrupted, sitting down after putting all the plates on, "I'm good. Nobody is dying to day."

"What are you doing?" Atlas stood next to me, crossing his arms and looking at Kai.

"Correction, nobody important is dying today," Kai rolled his eyes, causing Atlas to smile.

"Am I dying? Is he talking about me?" Atlas asked me.

"If you don't shut up, yes," I pinned him with a look then looked back at Kai, "you good?"

"Of course, now please a moment of silence, Castillo," Kai mocked, "nobody wants you here."

"Actually—"

"Shut it," I elbowed him, earning an annoyed look that vanished when Kai slowly lifted the bar, his muscles tensing. I saw him grit his teeth, but still went on. My eyes widened when I counted five reps, watching him try and do it faster to get the set done.

"God," he breathed out, finally resting the bar, his arms falling as he took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"What are you doing?" Dad asked in a confused tone, Kai's eyes opening to look at him.

"What?"

"Go on," he nodded to the bar again.

"Go— but I did a set."

"Okay? I do three sets like normal people."

"You're not normal, Warner," Kenji whispered.

"You want me to do twenty more reps?"

"I mean, I do fifteen reps but sure."

"Fift— I beg your finest pardon?" Kai widened his eyes, his chest still moving up and down.

"Hey, I want to try—"

"Shut up, Atlas," Kai gave him a disturbed look, "why are you here again?"

"Seriously," Jett suddenly appeared next to Atlas, crossing her arms, "see? Nobody wants you here."

"And nobody was talking to you," Atlas gave her an annoyed smile.

"Nobody was talking to you either," she shrugged, "and yet, here you are, yapping and moving your mouth about something that doesn't concern you at all."

"Okay, first of all, this is the first time I actually purely respected you, Jett, so document that," Kai pointed, "and second of all, why do I have an audience? Third and most importantly," Kai turned his head to Dad, "why are you doing this to me?"

"I'm not doing anything, you're the one who said you can do it," Dad shrugged, "if you can't—"

"I can," he nodded, glancing at me then rested his back against the chair again, "I'm never hanging out with you ever again."

With that, he lifted the bar again, his jaw clenching, but his grip was more firm around the metal bar this time, trying to keep his breath even. The first time, I was focused on him not accidentally killing himself, but this time, my focus was on something else. How his chest muscles flexed when he would lift the bar, his arms suddenly expanding with muscles nobody would think are there if he was standing normally. Woah.

I lost count of the reps or if he even finished the set, watching his eyes focused on the bar, the veins on his hands appearing more than anytime before. I should stop, I should look away because I really, really didn't want Dad or Jett sensing what I'm feeling right now, but I couldn't. I don't I've ever been more attracted to Kai before. It made me want to die.

He finally put the bar down, taking a deep breath and letting it out in a long exhale, letting his arms fall down again, "three sets, thirty reps. Please, have mercy on me now, uncle."

"You did alright," Dad waved a hand and turned to leave.

"Did al— shit," Kai winced when he tried to suddenly lean up, falling against the bench again, squeezing his eyes shut. I rushed to him, kneeling next to the bench.

"Are you okay?"

"I can't move," he breathed, his eyes widening now, "Emmaline, I'm going to be paralyzed."

"No," I shook my head quickly, "you're going to be fine."

"No, I'm already paralyzed," he turned his head to me, "girl, we had plans today. Your dad ruined them."

"Alright, that's my cue," Jett raised her hands and turned, giving Kenji who was smiling at us a smack on his chest, "move it."

"But—"

"Let's go!" She turned and pushed him forward, pulling on his arm until he followed her, Atlas shaking his head with a scoff as he looked at them before turning to leave us alone too.

"Emmaline," Kai spoke again, "don't leave me lying here."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Lift me in the air with your powers and move me with you," he nodded to himself, "yeah, do that. It will benefit both of us."

"How will that benefit me?" I smiled.

"You'll get to be with me all the time," he said, and I shook my head with a chuckle, "I feel like dying."

"You're being dramatic," I pointed out, "you're fine."

"I can't move my arms, sunshine."

"Okay, but look at the bright side."

"Which is?"

"You won a challenge against a Warner! Good job," I grinned, smacking his chest in excitement, gasping at his shout of pain, slamming my hands to my mouth, "oh my god, I'm sorry."

"It's okay," he winced with his eyes closed, "you're okay."

"But—"

"I'm serious, I'm okay, look," he smiled, but I could just see the pain in his eyes.

"Kai," I let out, lowering my eyebrows in concern, "I think my dad finally broke you."

"I mean, surviving him for more than 18 years was kind of unrealistic anyway," Kai sighed.

"I promise I'm going to have a word with him," I soothed in a soft voice.

"Yeah, you do that," he looked at the ceiling, "I'll be here when you get back, I don't think I'm moving anytime soon."

"You are," I nodded, standing up and holding onto his arm, "come on, we still have to eat lunch, and I'm not going to be sitting at this table full of people alone."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Didn't you just drink coffee?" I frowned at the sight of Atlas making coffee in the kitchen as I opening the fridge to grab an apple. After lunch, we all went to our rooms, Kai said he was in desperate need for a freezing cold shower if he wanted to survive. I also took a shower and changed into a soft sweater pj trousers that earned an unconvinced look from Dad, but we'll get to that later.

"It's not for me," he sighed, watching the water boil then groaned, his head snapping at me with an angry expression I've never seen on Atlas before, "she made he despise coffee, and I loved coffee. Unacceptable and disgusting behavior."

"Who did what?" I shot him a confused look with a tilt of my head as he took a sharp breath.

"Your cousin!" He snapped with his eyes wide, "I'm sorry, but I did not sign up for this when I got shipped off to a different continent. You are crazy."

"Hey," I jerked my head, "it's not my fault your first interaction was with Jett of all people. Plus, Jett is seriously not that bad."

"I beg to differ," he scoffed, checking over my shoulder as if she could appear out of thin air, "Warner, I'm changing recipes for coffee. Who does that?! Me, apparently. Why? Because this 5 foot blond thing doesn't like my coffee. Everyone likes my coffee. How dare she?"

I blinked at him, my jaw dropping at how frustrated and angry he was. In my 17 years of living, with every single dinner party, I have never seen Atlas even not smiling let alone angry. Jett, salute to you. She's a literal legend for that.

"You could just tell her no, you know? Why are you forcing yourself to do that?" I tilted my head, watching as he closed his eyes and looked down, murmuring words I couldn't hear, "huh?"

"She threatened me with her dog," he rushed in one breath, looking up as he nodded his head to himself, "she has this huge monstrous dog—"

"Bolt?" I gave him a soft expression, putting a hand on my chest, "he's such a softie."

"A soft— ¿Me estás tomando el pelo?" He raised his eyebrows before lowering it, "I was attacked an hour ago, Warner."

"Bolt? No, I love Bolt."

"I don't," he smiled sarcastically, "I don't like her or her dog."

"That's my family, Atlas."

"A dog is your family?" He stopped the kettle with a huff.

"Yeah, we have Pascal too, have you met him? He's so adorable," I grinned then bit the apple.

"Go away, Warner," he shook his head, "before your boyfriend sees us and actually shoots me in the head."

"Okay, have fun," I chewed and waved a hand, turning to leave. I headed towards the elevator, pressing the button. The doors opened, Jett's eyes landing on mine, "hey."

"Hi," she stepped outside as I got in, holding the button to keep the doors open.

"Your coffee is almost ready," I winked, and she scoffed, "give the man a break."

"No, I think I'm good," she shrugged, "now excuse me, I have a coffee not to like again."

I chuckled as she turned, pressing the button for our floor and walking towards Kai's room, knocking twice.

"Come in!" I twisted the handle, closing the door behind me and turning, my body stilling in place. He probably just came out of the shower because he was only in sweatpants with no shirt on, drying his hair with a towel before letting it rest on his shoulders with a tilt of his head. My gaze fell down his chest, his abdomen to the tattoo on his low waist, his hip bones visible a good few inches above the sweatpants's waistband.

I blinked rapidly to snap myself out of the haze, looking up to him giving me a smile, "oh no, please continue, I was enjoying this as much as you were."

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, looking away, "you can change in the closet if you want, I'll wait for you here— what are you doing?"

I watched as he took a step towards me, then another, and another until he was right in front of me, making me mirror each movement he took backwards until my back was against the wall, his hands caging me in, "lock the door, sunshine."

I let out a shaky breath, my fingers brushing against the wooden door with my eyes still on him until I found the lock, twisting it, hearing it click as Kai's smile widened, one of his hands going to my chin to lift my face up to him, "I hope you don't plan on heading down anytime soon."

"I'm not," I let out in almost a whisper, my fingers curling into fists as he ducked his head down.

"Good," he locked his lips on mine, tiling his head the moment his tongue forced my mouth open and letting out a soft groan when I kissed him back, my hands going to his shoulders when my knees went week. I'm never letting you go, I said that to him last night. I don't why, I just needed him to know that. I needed him to know that I'll cling into him with everything I have.

And I will, even if it's the last thing I do. I'll make sure that whatever happens, it would be with him standing by my side, no matter what.

——————
A/N:

Gurlll, that was so long and for what? I'm so sorry lmaoo😭

Anyway, hope you liked it because I actually did, I feel like it was so wholesome.

One more thing, I really love and appreciate all the love and support you've given to this story and you have no idea how happy I get reading your comments, but I'm sorry any Kai slander is not allowed in this house, like NA UH. I will pull a machete scene cuz I'm actually in love with Kai now. He's so babygirl, leave him alone. Don't bother with the hate comments cuz they simply don't make sense.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 6.4K 59
It was never effortless to love Aaron Warner. He was a difficult teenage boy who seemed to forget a lot of the time that that was what he was-a teena...
39.9K 428 19
*I wrote this before the newest books were released* Warner and Juliette are finally married. Everything seems be perfect. In fact, too perfect. Wh...
2.8K 47 6
adore me. oneshots about juliette ferrars x aaron warner! each chapter will be a new adventure for them - ranging from angst, fluff and smut prompts...