Exit Wounds | Noah Sebastian

Bởi Broken_Halo_21

Delaney and Noah hate each other.. don't they? A story in which a girl meets a boy that makes her feel wild a... Xem Thêm

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
T W E N T Y S I X
T W E N T Y S E V E N
T W E N T Y E I G H T
T W E N T Y N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y O N E
T H I R T Y T W O
T H I R T Y T H R E E
T H I R T Y F O U R

E L E V E N

666 24 24
Bởi Broken_Halo_21

I managed to stay away from Noah the rest of the week, I didn't want to talk to him and I didn't want any awkward encounters. However, it was Friday and the guys had another show tonight.

Noah is leaning against his car when I come out of my apartment, "Need a ride?"

"No thanks," I say through gritted teeth, nodding at the car pulling up. I had planned on drinking until I couldn't feel anything anymore. I was already several shots of vodka in and I could already hear the slur in my voice.

"Mind if I ride with you then?"

I pause for a moment and tilt my head to the side as I glare him.

"Yes."

He rolls his eyes, but ignores me and gets into my car. I've already paid for the ride so I slide in after him. He's all nervous energy tonight, drumming his hands on his knees and singing along with the radio. It would be endearing if I wasn't still so mad at him.

The sound of his hands slapping his legs is more than I can take and I slap my hand over his and hold them in place, "if you don't sit still I'm going to push you out of this moving vehicle."

Noah is undeterred, slipping his hands from under mine and continuing the drumming along my forearm. I realize my hand is on his thigh now and I yank it back, still glaring at him. He ignores the warning on my face and continues drumming along my arm.

Suddenly, a laugh bubbles up my throat and out of my mouth, surprising both of us. Noah joins in with my hysterical laughter, I don't know where it came from and I don't think he does either. Maybe I was more tipsy than I thought.

"Truce?" He asks when the car is quiet again.

I hold up my pinky, "as long as you don't cock block me anymore."

Noah's head falls back with laughter, I watch the hand on his neck stretch at the action and I have to look out of the window behind him. My body warms when he hooks his finger with mine in agreement.

"I wasn't trying to cock block you, to be clear, I just wanted you to have all of the facts," he says softly, of course I knew that but I was embarrassed.

"I know, Noah, thanks I guess," I reply, smirking.

We pull up in front of the small club and Noah gets out before me, holding the door and shutting it after me. Finn is waiting on the curb with his arms spread and a giant smile on his face and I throw myself into his arms.

"This is a rare site," Finn comments, lifting me off the ground.

"What is?"

"You two look like you are actually getting along," Finn laughs, putting me back on my feet.

I glance over my shoulder at Noah, "never."

Finn and Noah disappear backstage to get ready and I make my way to get a drink from the same bartender that is always here. He doesn't make fun of me anymore and I don't make fun of him. I chat with him a few minutes, chugging my beer too fast, before grabbing another when I hear the first band getting on stage.

When I stand by Jenna and Thad I lock eyes with a man across the floor, he's beautiful with his dark hair slicked back away from his face. His eyes are dark and kind, despite the fact that he's covered in tattoos.

"Jenna, have you seen that guy before?" I subtly nod at him.

Jenna cuts her eyes to him descreetly, "the cute one with the owl tattoo on his neck?" I nod at her, "No, I don't know who that is. I haven't seen him here before."

I watch Noah emerge from the green room, he sticks his tongue out at me before walking around and greeting the new guy. Noah pulls him into a one armed hug and claps him on the back while they laugh. Noah catches me watching them and waves me over, I raise my eyebrows at Jenna before weaving in and out of people to make my way over to them.

"Delaney, this is my friend Tony. He's staying with me for a few days and doesn't know anyone here, would you mind keeping him company?"

"I don't mind at all, bye Noah," I look pointedly at him, he smiles secretly at me but makes his way backstage.

"Do you want to go get a drink?" I ask, hitching my thumb over my shoulder in the direction of the bar.

"Sure," Tony smiles widely, showing a set of perfectly white teeth.

Tony and I grab beers and I pay for Tony's despite his protest, we walk to the end of the bar so we can still see the stage. Noah's band was setting up, but they weren't playing yet.

"How do you know Noah?" Tony inquires, taking a sip of his beer. I take a moment to watch his plump lips wrap around the bottle before I answer.

"I live in his basement," I shrug with a laugh. Tony's face breaks into a grin, the corners of his eyes crinkling. "What about you?"

"I'm in a band too, our paths have crossed a few times," he grins.

"Are you a singer like Noah?"

"No, I play the guitar," he smiles again, showing his perfect white teeth.

"That's my second favorite instrument," I tell him, because I'm loyal to Finn.

"Second?  What's your first?" He asks, leaning a little closer to me.

"Bass players are her favorite," Finn says and wraps his sweaty arms around me. I hadn't even noticed they had already played and finished.

Tony takes a step away from me almost imperceptibly and I realize how my relationship with Finn must look to an outsider.

"Tony, this is my best friend, Finn," I tell him and Finn lets go of me to shake his hand.

Tony's grin is back as they greet each other. I didn't want to make assumptions, but it seemed like he was interested in me.

"Are we going out or going home?" Finn asks when Noah makes his way over to us.

"Let's all go back to Noah's, we could have a fire," I suggest, pleadingly to Noah. I wanted to keep talking to Tony and I didn't want to do that at a loud bar.

Noah shrugs, "sounds good to me." I glance at Tony out of the corner of my eye and follow Finn and Noah out.

The ride back to Noah's is loud. Finn and Noah were talking loudly about the show and I was talking over them because I was drunk. Tony seemed a little overwhelmed, but tried to keep up with us.

I left the guys to put my stuff down, and put on a sweatshirt. I grab a bottle of bourbon on the way out and see the guys had managed to get the fire going.

The four of us sat around the fire, The Mars Volta playing softly from Finn's phone, while we took turns drinking from the bottle.

"So, Tony, I hear your band is playing the final show with us," Finn says to Tony and I perk up a little.

"Yeah, the rest of the guys won't be in until next week, but we're all really excited to play," Tony says animatedly, completely comfortable talking about playing music.

"What kind of music do you play?" I asked, turning to face Tony. There wasn't an inch of skin to be seen on his arms or neck, his teeth were perfectly white and his canines came to severe points.

I watch as Tony relaxes into dialogue on the band, telling us how his sound was similar to Noah's band. He talked about the other guys in the band a little and mentioned he was going to be here all week.

Noah joined the conversation telling us how much he liked their band and that they had a great local following. I also learned that Noah and Tony had known each other for a long time.

I'm quiet as I listen to the guys talk, taking it all in and watching the fire dance and crackle. Tony and Noah's voices were so calm and relaxing that I just wanted to hear them talk all night.

"Delaney, you're quiet tonight," Noah comments, watching me over the fire.

I pick a rock off the ground and launch it at him.

"Hey!" He shouts, with a pout on his face.  He finds another rock and tries to throw it back at me, but it misses.

Finn tells us he's tired and announces that he's going to crash on Noah's couch and Noah follows him in. Tony and I are still watching the fire. The tension was thick in the air. I wanted to go inside but I didn't want to stop talking to him.

"Are you tired?" I ask Tony. He had quite a bit to drink, but he wasn't sloppy.

"No, it's still early in San Diego," he says finishing the drink in his hand.

"I'm getting cold, do you want to go downstairs with me?"

Tony's eyebrows rise.

"Jesus, I mean to keep talking," I cover my face with my hand, embarrassed.

"Yeah, I'd like that," he says easily, following me down into my apartment.

I suddenly felt like a teenager again, alone on the couch with a boy I didn't know that well, while butterflies danced in my stomach.

"So, Finn is your friend," Tony starts, but I interrupt him.

"Best friend," I correct.

"Right, and what about Noah?"

"I barely tolerate him," I shrug, I was nervous now. Heat flooded my cheeks and I got that excited sick in my stomach at the prospect.

"So no boyfriend?" Tony edges.

"Definitely not."

Tony pushes my hair away from my face with his fingers and tucks it behind my ear.

"Good," Tony's voice is low and husky, his pupils are dilated, making his eyes look almost black.

Suddenly he stands up and takes a step away and my face falls.

"I need to go, because I really want to kiss you," he tells me. He runs his hand through his dark brown hair, frustrated.

I stand up, "then do it," I challenge.

"Not right now, go out with me tomorrow?  I know it's late notice but I'm only in town for a while and I want to seem like a gentleman."

I snort out a laugh, "I would love to."

"Goodnight, Delaney," he bends over and kisses me softly on the cheek.

I settle into my covers when he goes upstairs and fall asleep with a smile on my face for the first time in a long time.

I wake to Finn staring over me like a total creep. "So, did you guys fuck or what?"

"You are such a guy," I groan and pull the covers over my head.

"Please tell me I didn't sleep on Noah's couch for nothing," Finn whines climbing into bed with me.

"He kissed my cheek and asked me on a date," I smile under the covers but Finn can't see me.

"Gross, you are such a girl. I'm going home," I feel Finn get up, but a moment later he pulls the covers off of me and kisses my forehead before exiting my room.

__

Tony and I never discussed a time to go out, so I finish getting ready at 6. Tony doesn't knock on my door until 8, and I've been drinking for two hours on an empty stomach.

"Hope you found the place alright," I say when I open the door, a smirk playing on my lips.

"Delaney, are you already drunk?"  Tony's teeth beam behind his lips. His delicious, plump lips.

"Nah," I lie and follow him to the Uber.

Tony and I sit close in the car, he rest his hand easily on my thigh and he uses his other hand to tell me about a show his band did in Mexico City.

"This is one of my favorite places," I tell him. This place is famous for their funny signs and margaritas. Tonight the sign out front reads It's still 90 degrees outside. Keep your pumpkin spice away from my margarita.

The hostess asks if we want to sit outside or in, and we both say outside despite it actually being 90 degrees in the middle of September.

"How do you wanna do this?  Single drinks or a pitcher?"

"Pitchers, the classic is my fave, but if you want a flavor they're all really good. Except strawberry, I'm allergic."

Tony tells the waitress that we want a pitcher of margaritas and when she leaves another guy sits the chips and salsa on the table.

"So, Tony, when are your band mates coming in?"

"Friday, they all have girlfriends back home and they wanted to stay as long as possible, I was looking forward to some time away."

"Well I'm glad you came early," I tell him and work on my tenth chip.  I should stop shoveling food in, but I don't care.

"So, what do you do?"

"I have a blog, it's about all things Nashville, I got out and try new bars and activities and write about them."

"I'll have to look it up," he smiles at me and the diamond by his eyes twinkles in the dim light.

Tony and I cover all the basic first date stuff, he asks about the things I like and don't and I ask a lot about his band. I love the way his eyes crinkle at the corners when he speaks about something he really loves.

He tells me all about his single mom and sister and how much his mom supported him.

I tell him I love the owl on his neck, and I tell him I want to get a tattoo.

We drink two pitchers of margaritas, and he weaves his fingers with mine as we walk out. I tell him this is my favorite part of town, I love the way the old houses look and have so much character.

"Why don't you live here?"

"I'm recently out of a long term relationship, we lived together and our apartment was basically on the east side. He kicked me out, and I had to find a place quick. Noah offered up his basement, but this is only temporary. I hope to live here one day," I tell him honestly, and we're both a bit more sober.

"Recently, huh?"

"It's been a couple months now, and it was a long time coming," I squeeze his hand reassuringly.

"So, what do you want to do on our next date?"

"We haven't even finished this one," I laugh.

"Yes, but we have limited time and I want to spend it all with you," Tony taps the end of my nose with his finger, which causes me to giggle.

"Dates are expensive, we can spend time together on my couch, binge watching things, until someone invites me to write about their venue, for free," I retort.

"I like the sound of that -oh, ice cream, let's go," Tony tugs my hand in the direction of Jeni's.

"Hey Delaney," the manager calls when we walk in, the place is fairly empty, it's almost closing. Tony raises his eyebrows.

"Hey Joan, how are you?" I ask, giving the middle aged woman a hug.

"Fine, fine," she pauses and looks at Tony, " and who is this?"

"This is Tony, Tony this is the store manager, Joan," the pair shake hands and Joan appraises my date with her eyebrows.

"I never liked that Caleb," she whispers to me, the way Tony is smiling I know he heard her. "You want your usual?"

I nod at her and we both turn to Tony, his mouth gapes open for a few minutes before telling her he will have the same as me.

Joan hands us a sugar cone with a scoop of churro and coffee, I squeal in anticipation, and Tony looks at the cone skeptically.

We tell Joan goodbye and we travel back out onto the sidewalk.

"This is pretty good."

He wraps an arm around my shoulders, he's much taller than me. I watch him eat his ice cream, and I smile over at him.

When we finish eating our cones we reluctantly grab a ride back to Noah's place.

"Well, I had a great time," Tony tells me, he's got a hand on the doorframe and he's leaning over me.

"I had a great time too," I smile, suddenly shy, when I had been comfortable most of the night.

"I better get going, I have a big day tomorrow."

"Oh?" My face drops, "Don't you want to come downstairs?"

"Delaney, I'm not that kind of boy," he kisses my cheek, "I'll see you bright and early for our second date."

I watch Tony take his hand off the door frame and walk up the front porch and into Noah's house.

I stand there for a long time, in stunned silence. I'm just about to go inside when I hear Noah's door open again.

Tony jogs down to me and grabs my cheeks with his tanned hands. My eyes flutter closed as he pulls me closer. My stomach pinches in anticipation, but I don't have long to wait.

He tenderly kisses my lips, his lips are plump and warm against mine. Our lips move in synchronized motions with each other, it's as if we've been here before. Suddenly, he pulls away and a large grin breaks out on his face. He walks away and goes into Noah's house for good this time.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

770K 40.2K 50
She'd survived change. She'd survived heartbreak. Now she has to survive one more fight for survival. Ava Delaney was normal once upon a time, but th...
31.6K 436 36
in a world where you are born seeing black and white until you find your person. your soulmate. a gloomy looking world suddenly turns vibrant with o...
2M 40.3K 47
"Nolan..." I say as his lips meet my neck. He gently kisses up and down my neck. "Stop." I say. "You're not my boyfriend, stop acting like it." "Oh k...
980K 30.2K 34
The last time I'd seen him shirtless was years ago when we were still friends - before puberty. I was so focused on his body that I didn't move when...