Soulmate | E.C°2

By PeakyB003

Love reunited and facing more challenges than before, Edward and Ana push through and prevail. Faced with f... More

Soultmate.
Twilight.
Anastasia Moore.
•Volterra•
•Alive•
•Angry•
•Guilt•
•Vote•
•Adventures•
•University of Alaska•
•No werewolves•
•Another party•
•Lying•
•The story•
•Nature•

•Bet•

49 0 0
By PeakyB003

XI. Bet.

The two still glared at each other, right in each others faces. A larger crowd had gathered to watch the two of them. Luckily enough, everyone seemed to keep their distance and couldn't hear most parts of the conversation. I just wish Alice and Jasper would arrive already so that Jasper could calm the situation.

Edward silently stared at Jacob before turning his head away, closing his eyes for a brief second. "The principle is on his way to discourage loitering on school property." He muttered softly as he glanced over at me. "Let's get to English Ana." he insisted as he pulled away from Jacob and placed a hand on my back. "So that you're not involved."

Jacob scoffed in amusement as I looked over at him. "Overprotective, isn't he?" he asked in bitter amusement as he quirked an eyebrow at me, nodding his head towards Edward. "A little trouble makes life fun. Let me guess, you're not allowed to have fun anymore?" he spoke as he looked back over at me.

I took a deep breath and sighed heavily as I stared at Jacob. "Yeah, last time fun got me six stitches and I almost drowned." I muttered softly as I pursed my lips and clenched my jaw tightly.

"But you were still happy, Ana!" Jacob snapped and Edward wrapped an protective arm around my waist as he inhaled sharply, glaring at Jacob. "If you want a life again, you could come see me." he told me with a nod of his head, a cocky smile on his lips. "I sill have your motorcycle in my garage." he informed me.

My eyes widened in disbelief as I stared at him, my lips parting. "Are you insane?" I questioned him harshly as I stepped forward and Edward move with me, weary of me being so close to the werewolf. "You were supposed to sell that!" I gritted out. My mom was going to lose her shit if she knew that bike was still around.

"Yeah right, like I'd do that." He replied as his eyebrows furrowed and he shook his head at me. "It's yours, not mine." he insisted as he crossed his arms over his chest.

I huffed softly as I shook my head at him. "I don't want it..." I muttered as I glared at him with squinted eyes.

Jacob scoffed with a small smile on his lips as he nodded his head. He shot a pointed glare in Edward's direction. "I see you got her back on her leash." he commented sarcastically as he nodded his head in my direction.

"Maybe someone should put you on one." Edward snapped as his lips pulled back into a snarl and his nostrils flared as his breathing sped up. His head snapped to the side and I followed his gaze, noticing the principle making his way through the crowds of students.

As the long and slender, graying man made his was through the parking lot, he shooed the students into the building and everyone began to scatter. Tyler still stood around, watching Edward and Jacob with curiosity. "Move along, Mr. Crowley." Mr. Greene demanded.

I sighed deeply as I looked back at Jacob, my eyebrows furrowing. "Get to school, Jacob." I demanded as I crossed my arms over my chest once again. He stared back at me with a challenging look in his eyes as he remained standing and I rolled my eyes as I shook my head.

"I mean it." Mr. Greene called out to the students who still lingered. "Detention for anyone still standing here when I turn around." He demanded before stalking over towards us and Edward ever so slightly pushed me behind me so that the principles attention wouldn't go to me. "Mr. Cullen, do we have a problem here?" he asked as he looked between Edward and Jacob.

"Not at all, Mr. Greene." Edward replied with a shake of his head and when he saw the older man's eyes flick towards me for a second, he placed a hand on the small of my back. "Me and Ana were just about to head to class." he explained.

Mr. Greene hummed as he nodded his head. "Excellent." He muttered before his eyes shot towards Jacob. "I don't seem to recognize your friend here." He said and his head tilted to the side. "Are you a new student here?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Nope." Jacob replied in a rude tone of voice as he shook his head.

"Then I suggest you remove yourself from school property before I call the police." Mr. Greene warned as he stared at Jacob with a stern look in his eyes.

Jacob dramatically stood up straight and and gave Mr.Green a soldiers salute. "Yes sir." he called out and I shook my head as I stared at him. For a second Jacob's eyes met mine, and my mind was flooded with all our memories. Memories of how it used to be with us. And my heart yearned to have that friendship back.

Jacob turned around and climbed onto his bike. A small, saddened frown, tugged at his lips as he shot one last glance at me over his shoulder before he drove off, his bike nosily roaring as he went.

Mr. Greene turned his attention back to Edward again, clasping his hands together behind his back. "Mr. Cullen, I expect you to ask your friend to refrain from trespassing again." He demanded as he stared at Edward.

Edward inhaled sharply as he slowly shook his head. "He's no friend of mine, Mr. Greene, but I'll make sure to pass along the message." he assured and Mr. Greene nodded his head. "We'll get to class now." He said before glancing down at me.

Edward lead me towards the school building with his hand still on the small of my back. A frown tugged at my lips and my eyebrows furrowed. When we walked into the school building, everyone glanced over in our direction.

I glanced up at Edward, my eyebrows furrowing even more. "I had a right to know." I informed him in a soft voice as my eyes squinted accusingly at him.

"I know." He whispered as a soft sigh slipped from his lips and he nodded his head. "But she's gone now, so there's no need to worry." he told me softly as we walked over to my locker and he leaned against the one next to mine as I exchanged a few of my books.

"What happened?" I asked curiously as I glanced at Edward, quirking an eyebrow as I shoved a few books into my bag. My heart was pounding in my chest. Victoria was back in Forks. What she wanted was now more in reach than ever. She could kill me in front of Edward.

He sighed softly and pursed his lips for a second before he began speaking. "Alice saw her coming back." He informed me softly. "Emmette and Jasper waited for her but she managed to escape onto the Quilleute territory." He added and I raised my eyebrows. I just knew that didn't go over well at ALL. "The big gray one-Paul I guess- thought Emmette was over the line and got defensive." he muttered with a roll of his eyes before meeting my gaze again. "No one got hurt." he assured as he shook his head.

"I had a right to know." I insisted firmly as I slammed my locked closed and turned to face him, my eyebrows furrowing again as a frown tugged at my lips.

Edward nodded, agreeing with me as he looked down at the floor for a second. "I'm sorry." he apologized sincerely as he met my gaze again, giving me an apologetic look with those golden eyes.

I offered him a small smile, forgiving him. I was upset he didn't tell me but I knew how protective he was and he didn't want to scare me. If Alice saw anything worth really worrying about, Edward would have told me.

My first class was history and I sat alone at my desk, writing down notes from the board that I needed to study for when tests season started in late March. I was focused on my work when I heard the hush conversation taking place right behind me.

"My money is on the big kid from the rez." A familiar voice, one of Mike's friends, Ben, said. I glanced over my shoulder. Mike, Ben, Eric, Tyler and another one of their friends, Alex, sat huddled together, twisted in their seats to face each other.

"Yeah." Mike agreed as he nodded his head. My eyebrows furrowed as my eyes turned back to my notes but my attention stayed on their conversation, knowing they were talking about this morning. "Did you see the size of that Jacob kid? I think he could take Cullen down."

My eyebrows furrowed even more. They were betting who would win in a fight between Jacob and Edward? Of course Mike thought Edward would lose. I wondered if he thought he'd win a fight against Edward. I was immediately bitter as I bit back glaring at Mike.

"No, I don't think so." Eric replied and I glanced over my shoulder again, seeing him shake his head. "There's something about Edward. He's always so...confidant. I have a feeling he can take care of himself." he insisted and the smallest smile tugged at my lips. Of course he could.

"I'm with Eric." Tyler replied as he nodded his head in Eric's direction. "Besides, if that other kid messed Edward up, you know those big brothers of his would get involved." he insisted and I wanted to hum in agreement. Emmette and Jasper wouldn't let it stand. But neither would Edward's sisters or parents.

"Have you been down to La Push lately?" Mike asked as he raised his eyebrows. "Me, Ben and Alex went to the beach a couple of weeks ago, and believe me, Jacob's friends are all just as big as he is." he insisted and again I wanted to hum. The pack were pretty big kids.

"Too bad it didn't turn into anything. Guess we'll never know how it would have turned out." Ben muttered in disappointment as he sat back in his chair. I wanted to scoff. It would have turned into a blood bath. Or ashes. Or whatever those had going on for them.

"It didn't look over to me." Alex replied with a shake of his head. "Maybe we'll still see." he added as he shrugged his shoulders. No they definitely wouldn't. I was not going to allow Jacob and Edward to get like that in public ever again.

Suddenly a sly grin tugged at Mike's lips and he pulled out two five dollar bills from his wallet, placing them on the table. "Anyone in the mood for a bet?" He asked as he raised his eyebrows and I rolled my eyes as I turned back to my notes.

"Ten on Jacob." Ben muttered.

"Ten on Cullen." Tyler replied.

"Ten on Edward." Eric added

"Jacob." Mike insisted and I wanted to roll my eyes. He was putting his money on a kid that wanted to beat his ass too a while back. And I was sure Jacob would take the chance now if it was presented. And so would Edward. Hell, sometimes it felt like even I wanted to.

"Hey, do you guys know what it was about?" Alex asked them. "That might affect the odds." he insisted.

"I can guess." Mike muttered and I clenched my jaw as I glanced over my shoulder. All five boys were looking at me. Four of them immediately looked away when they saw me looking but Mike continued to bitterly stare at me.

Just as the bell rang, I pulled my wallet out of my bag while shoving my book in at the same time. I pulled two five dollar bills out of my wallet and turned to the boys as they got up with their things. "I bet ten on you guys minding your own business." I told them and they all stared at me with wide eyes. I held the money out towards them before gasping softly, my eyes dramatically widening as I pulled the money towards my chest. "Guess I'll just keep my money." I huffed with a roll of my eyes before storming out of the classroom.

Friday came and the Cullen family planned on going hunting, just so that they could be strong enough for if anything came. Alice made sure first that she saw nothing happening Friday before they made their decision

After school Edward, Alice and Jasper walked with me towards my truck. Alice and Jasper hung back a little as Edward opened my door for me but I didn't get in, instead turning to him. "I can hunt close by, you know." he suggested softly as he raised his eyebrows at me.

I offered him a smile as I shook my head. "Edward, it's okay." I assured as I placed my hands against his chest. "Go have fun." I insisted as I patted his chest. "Bag me a few mountain lions." I joked and he chuckled softly as he shook his head at me.

"I'll be back so soon, you won't even have time to miss me." He assured as he reached out to cup my cheek and pressed a brief kiss against my lips. "Look after my heart, I'm leaving it with you." he whispered to me.

"I'll send mine with you." I whispered back as he pulled away and I placed my hand over his heart. A silly grin tugged at my lips as I stared at him. "Don't let the mountain lions get it." I joked and he chuckled again, playfully rolling his eyes at me for ruining the moment. He pressed another kiss to my lips before Alice came bouncing over with Jasper following behind her.

"I'm staying close to home to hunt." She informed me with a small smile. "I'll only be fifteen minutes away if you need me." She assured before a stern-like look crossed her darkening golden eyes. "I'll keep an eye out for trouble." She said and it sounded a lot like a warning.

I hummed as I nodded my head. "Translates into; don't try anything funny just because Edward is gone." I said and both Edward and Jasper chuckled in amusement while Alice nodded her head.

After another kiss, I climbed in my truck and Edward closed the door for me before waving me off. I felt sad knowing I wasn't going to see him until Sunday but I knew he had to hunt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 684 28
"You'll be mine and I'll be yours." When the Cullens left a part of Willow's heart went with them. After a terrifying experience in Italy Willow find...
11.6K 462 20
In hindsight, promises were meant to be broken. Willow shouldn't have expected any differently. When the Cullens left, so did Jasper. Willows life c...
30.4K 635 14
The battle was over and a new adventure will begin. How will married life treat Bella and Angel. What will this new life bring and how will they fa...
17.4K 434 20
Lilly and Jasper are back and stronger than ever. After facing off with the Volturi and all the Cullen's coming back to Forks you'd think that things...