Rival Lovers - Reader, Draco...

By foaming_at_the_mouth

What happens when the two guys you like are enemies? And what happens when you want to hate one of them too... More

Tension
First Classes
Confession
The Astronomy Tower
Late Night Spells
More Than Friends

The Date

5 0 0
By foaming_at_the_mouth

      Harry and I decided to go to The Three Broomsticks for our date. The cozy atmosphere of the popular wizarding pub welcomed us as we found a secluded corner. The low hum of conversations and the flickering candlelight added a warm glow to the air. We sat next to each other, the table adorned with two cups of butterbeer and a plate of warm pasties. The chatter of other patrons formed a pleasant background noise, giving us a sense of privacy within the bustling establishment.

     For a while, things were a bit awkward but eventually, things smoothed out between us. As we kept talking everything felt natural between us, like it always had. The flickering candlelight cast a cozy glow over our corner. We were sitting centimeters apart from each other, laughing and talking about everything we'd seen since we got to Hogwarts. The moment felt right, almost inevitable, as our lips met in a gentle and innocent kiss. His hand gently cupped my face tilting it up to meet his lips. It was brief, only lasting a few seconds, but it was sweet.

      We walked together back to the castle. His hand slipped into mine, our fingers entwined. My lips subconsciously curled into a smile. The cold November air stung against my checks, but I didn't care. I was too distracted. For once the distraction was good. I wasn't worried about what my friends thought. I wasn't even thinking about what happened with Draco anymore. I didn't care. 

     At least I thought I didn't care anymore. As we were walking back, I saw him. Draco was with Crabbe and Goyle. His eyes were angry. Harry's hand moved to hold me around my waist. 

     "What's going on here?" Draco's voice was sharp, cutting through the air like a knife.

     Harry's grip tightened subtly, a protective gesture that didn't go unnoticed by Draco. "Just taking a walk," he replied calmly, though I could sense an underlying tension in his tone.

      Draco's gaze narrowed, his jaw clenched in barely contained frustration. "Funny, it looks more like you're encroaching on Slytherin territory."

      I felt a surge of anger rise within me. "We're not in Slytherin territory, Draco. We're in Hogsmeade," I retorted, my voice laced with irritation.

       Draco's lips curled into a sneer as he took a step closer, his eyes flickering with a mixture of anger and resentment. "Doesn't change the fact that you're here, Y/N," he shot back, his voice dripping with disdain.

      Harry's jaw tightened as he squared his shoulders, meeting Draco's gaze with steely determination. "She's free to be wherever she wants, Malfoy," he retorted, his voice firm.

       The tension between them crackled in the air, thickening with each passing moment. I could feel the weight of their animosity pressing down on me, caught in the middle of a conflict that seemed to have no end in sight.

     Draco's nostrils flared as he clenched his fists, his temper flaring. "Don't act like you know anything about her, Potter," he spat out, his voice laced with venom.

      "As if you know her at all,"

      "She's not as innocent as you think," Draco snickered. 

      "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Harry glared at him before his eyes wandered over to me.  My arm was wrapped around his.

      "Don't listen to him," I said, "he's just making things up,"

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

      The next day, I saw him again. He was alone, and thank god I was too. Taking a deep breath, I turned to face Draco, trying to hold back my anger, "What was that all about back there?" I asked, pulling his into a shadowed corridor. 

      Draco's features hardened as he met my gaze, his eyes flashing with a hint of defiance. "It's none of your business, Y/N," he replied curtly.

      "It is my business when you're acting like a complete prat and picking fights with my friends for no reason," I shot back.

      Draco's jaw tightened at my words, a flicker of annoyance crossing his face before he regained his composure. "I don't need your lectures, Y/N," he retorted sharply, his tone edged with irritation.

     "Fine, Draco," I said, my voice tinged with resignation. "If you want to keep acting like a stubborn git, then be my guest. I don't care."

     "Good, then leave,"

     As I turned to leave, a surge of frustration and hurt welled up inside me, fueling my next words. "You know what, Draco? I used to think there was more to you than just a spoiled, arrogant pureblood who can't see past his own pride. But I guess I was wrong. Have fun wallowing in your self-pity," 

      Draco's eyes narrowed, his expression hardening as my words hit their mark. "Go ahead, Y/N. Run back to your precious Gryffindor. I don't need you," he spat out, his words dripping with disdain. 

      "God, I can't believe I ever thought there was anything good about you,"

      Draco's jaw clenched, his eyes flashing with a mix of anger and hurt. "Is that what you really think, Y/N?" he shot back, his voice laced with bitterness.

     I felt a pang of guilt at the raw emotion in his voice, but I pushed it aside, my anger still simmering beneath the surface. "Yes, Draco. That's exactly what I think," I replied, my voice cold and unforgiving.

     "Well then, you should go back to your precious chosen one," Draco finally said, "He's probably waiting,"

     "Is that what this is about? You're jealous about me and Harry?"

     "Why would I be jealous, Y/L/N? It's not like anything that happened with us meant anything,"

      "That was your choice, not mine," I argued, "You pushed me away, Draco. You made it clear that whatever we had was...  nothing."

      "Whatever you tell yourself You're the one who's already moved on to someone else" he tried walking past me, but I stopped him.

     "That night you walked out, not me. You were the one that ignored me," 

      "Things were much easier for both of us when we hated each other. Let's just keep things how they were," Draco said.

     "How about you just stay out of my life completely?"

     "If that's really what you want," his lips curled into a cruel smirk.

     "Yeah, it is,"

      Draco's smirk widened as he glanced over my shoulder, his eyes locking onto a figure figure standing a few feet behind me. "Looks like your audience is still here, Y/N," he remarked, amusement lacing his tone.

     I turned around to see Ron staring at us, his expression a mix of confusion and curiosity. Embarrassment flooded through me as I realized he had overheard our conversation. "Ron, it's not what you think," I began, but he held up a hand, cutting me off.

      "I heard enough," Ron said, his voice filled with disappointment. "I didn't think you'd stoop so low, Y/N, getting involved with someone like Malfoy."

      Before I could respond, Draco stepped forward, his posture relaxed but his gaze sharp. "Don't be too hard on her, Weasley. It's not easy being the perfect Gryffindor all the time, is it, Y/N?" His words stung, hitting a nerve I didn't know I had.

     "Shut up, Draco," I snapped,  "Just leave me alone."

     "Alright, see you two in class. I can't wait to see how Potter reacts to all of this," Draco walked past us.

     Ron seemed too shocked to move. "You slept with him, didn't you," 

     My skin crawled with the memory of that night. Everything that happened with me and Draco made me feel sick. "It was a mistake," 

     "A mistake? You accidentally slept with him?"  Ron asked sarcastically, "This isn't like putting the wrong ingredients in a potion, this is Malfoy we're talking about. Evil, bully Malfoy,"

     "You can't tell Harry,"

     "Y/N..." he protested.

     "It was before I even knew Harry was into me. It shouldn't have happened, believe me I know that,"      

      Ron's brows furrowed with concern. "Y/N, this is serious. Harry deserves to know."

      "I know, but I can't risk losing him," I pleaded, desperation creeping into my voice. "He trusts me, Ron. If he found out about Draco and me it would ruin everything between us." 

     "He's my best friend. I can't keep this from him," Ron sighed, "You need to tell him, or I will. I think it would be better if he heard it from you,"

      I don't know what came over me, but I took a step closer to Ron. I grabbed ont his robes and pulled him closer to me. "Ronald I swear if you tell Harry, I will make you regret it,"

     "Really? How exactly?" Ron laughed, not taking me seriously at all.

      "Harry told me about your sleep talking," Ron's eyes widened, "If you tell Harry, I'll let Lavender know how much you're dreaming about Hermoine,"

     Ron's face went bright red. "What? No. No, it's not like that. Me and Hermione? That's crazy, I don't have feelings for her," he awkwardly laughed. He could see in my face that I was not joking, "Fine, just please don't say anything. She's already jealous enough about me and Hermoine being friends, she doesn't need to think there's more going on,"

     "Perfect, I guess we have a deal," I said, letting go of him, "See you later,"

      As I was leaving I heard Ron mutter, "She's bloody crazy," 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.5K 61
Draco Malfoy doesn't believe in love. He can't love. He doesn't understand love. To him love is forbidden. However when a magical new girl appears in...
599K 7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
582K 24.2K 29
❝Another reason why we must love our enemies is that hate scars the soul and distorts the personality❞ Harry Potter was on the summer vacation of the...
393K 9.7K 83
this book goes along with the Harry Potter movies, years 3-7 then some afterwards SEXUAL CONTENT SLOW BURN Cynthia Aurora Morningstar has never been...