More Than Friends

The common room was dimly lit, the embers of the dying fire casting flickering shadows on the walls. The events of the night weighed heavily on my mind as I ascended the stairs to the girls' dormitory. It felt as if the enchanted walls held the echoes of the tension and uncertainties that had unfolded.

     Hermione was still awake, sitting on her bed with a book in hand. The soft glow of a reading lamp illuminated her thoughtful expression. As I entered, she looked up and closed the book, sensing that something was amiss.

     "Hey, Y/N. Everything okay?" Hermione asked, concern evident in her eyes.

      I sighed, sitting on the edge of my bed. "Not really. Tonight has been... complicated. Draco saw Harry and me in a situation, and it turned into this weird fight. I don't really know,"

     Hermione raised an eyebrow, her curiosity piqued. "What kind of situation? And why would Draco Malfoy be involved?"

     I hesitated, deliberating how much to reveal. "Just some late-night spell practice with Harry. Draco stumbled upon us, made a few comments, and then things got tense. I have no idea what he's thinking."

      Hermione sighed, placing the book on her nightstand. "Well, you know Draco. He loves stirring the pot. But enough about him. What's going on with you and Harry? It's not like you two to be sneaking around at night. Well, at least just you two, we're usually all there,"

     "We were just practicing spells, Hermione. Nothing more. But Draco started saying things that were uncomfortable. It seemed like he was trying to start a fight. I don't know what he's up to."

     Hermione studied me for a moment before leaning in with a knowing look. "Y/N, you can tell me if something is bothering you. I've known you for years, and I can tell when things are off with you. Is there something you're not saying about Harry?"

     I sighed, realizing that Hermione wasn't one to be easily fooled. "It's complicated. I think Harry was going to kiss me,"

     "And is that something you'd want to do? With him?" 

     "I mean yeah, I think so. I don't know if he actually has feelings for me or if it was just because I was there,"

      "Are you serious?" She laughed quietly. "Y/N, Harry has been into you for at least two years,"

     I stared at her, my mind scrambling to process this revelation. "What? How do you know? Did he tell you?"

      "No, he didn't say anything. He just turns into a blushing idiot whenever he talks to you," She said, "Honestly, Y/N, it's been glaringly obvious to everyone except you. The way he looks at you, the constant concern whenever you're upset or in trouble—it's practically written on his face. Even Ron knew."

     I blinked, feeling a mix of surprise and confusion. "I never noticed. I always thought he saw me as just a friend," 

     "Well, now that you do know, what are you going to do?" 

     "I have no clue," I said. "There's so much going on. maybe I should just take time to think about it. I don't want to screw things up with our friendship,"

     I tried to go to sleep, but I couldn't. Everything with Harry and Draco was so complicated. He had seemed so hurt when he saw me and Harry together. It wasn't fair. He shouldn't get to be hurt.  

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆