QUEEN OF DRAGONS [BBC M...

By merlinemrys09

The forbidden love between a prince and the queen of dragons will their love prevail or will it crumble to th... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 14

176 8 0
By merlinemrys09

Merlin's birthday was hardly sixty hours away and Arthur hadn't yet started on the work he needed for his suprise. He had to get Merlin to leave him alone for him to work but she insisted on helping him. Arthur requested Morgan to go today for their material choosing to which she agreed.

Morgan, Gwen and Merlin left for the market and thankfully all the clothing shops were on the other side of the market and not near Gaius' chambers. The knights, meanwhile got to work on clearing the path to the lake. Lancelot and Arthur started from the lake while Gwaine and Leon started from the chambers. Percival was assigned to check if they were doing it well.

Meanwhile at the store Morgan and Gwen were busy with materials while Merlin began to look for a new dress and Gaius strictly told her that she should get a dress. They were many but non of her type or liking. She did like one lovely blue and gold dress but that was more expensive and she didn't have enough money. Morgan saw Merlin staring that the gown and remembered what Arthur had told her earlier.

Merlin moved on. Finally she found the type of dresses that she prefered and which were almost the same as what Morgan gave her. Merlin immediately liked the light blue and white off shoulder one with the blue straps on the shoulders.

(It's off shoulder but it's slightly hard to make out cause the manuquane is the same colour)

She picked it up and took to where her friends had just finished choosing their materials. Royal purple for Morgan and pastel yellow for Gwen. They bought the things and began to walk back towards the castle. Morgan excused herself saying that she left something back in the shop and went back.

When she reached she told the owner, who so happened to be their royal chef's wife, to keep the dress Merlin first liked aside and that Arthur would collect it later. The owner agreed to the princess.

She joined them but knew that Arthur would never manage to finish in time, she had to take Merlin somewhere else but where? Gwen suggested to take her to the castle and keep her occupied with them. Morgan agreed. In the castle Morgan have Merlin the list of tasks that she needed to do for Arthur.

Merlin began and most of the things are what she would do everything time. She got tired but had gotten used to it by now. Gwen began her choores whole Igraine watched the girls and Morgan tried on different dresses.

"Had the food been done?" Gaius asked Gwaine as he tried to remove the plants on the way to the lake.

"I don't know. Arthur is arranging everything."

"That's what concerns me."

"Always his work is last minute."

"Where even is he?"

"Lancelot and he are clearing from the lake. We'll be meeting in the middle."

"We?"

"Yeah? Leon and me."

"I don't see Leon here."

Gwaine looked around. "Where is he!?"

"I'm here Gwaine!" Leon called out from behind the trees. He had been busy dumping the uprooted plants behind the trees.

"I thought you left."

"I would never."

"When are you all planning on finishing? There's hardly time left." Gaius spoke.

"You should ask Arthur." Gwaine replied. "There he comes."

Arthur walked along with Lancelot towards them, both looked tired and sweaty after the hard day's work. They sat down and leaned against the trees. The others looked at them.

"How did it go?" Gaius asked.

"It went well, for sometime." Lancelot replied.

"This is done, all what's remaining is to arrange the food, that will be done by the chefs." Arthur added.

"Anything else?"

"Yeah, decoration for your place. We'll be having the midnight party there before I take Merlin here."

"Very well. But how do you make her follow you?"

Arthur sighed and threw himself on the cool green grass.

Two days went by and how it was the evening before Merlin's eighteenth birthday and she was excited but didn't show it. She instead was preparing Arthur's evening snack. But Arthur had been dumping work on her the whole day. He definitely forgot he promised her the day off. Merlin didn't complain and instead she countinued her work.

As the sunset set in the distance Merlin finished all her choores and waited for Arthur to give her more work.

Meanwhile Gaius, remembering what Kilgharrah had told him, went back to the cave where the great dragon was waiting for him. Kilgharrah was waiting for him.

"Greetings."

"What must I learn more?" Gaius asked.

"Merlin will gain all her powers the moment mid night strikes, she'll get all the more powers."

"Could she handle it?"

"Yes she will. She had to."

"I hope this would have no effect on her and Arthur's relationship."

Kilgharrah sighed sadly.

"Oh no."

"Don't worry, true love shall bring them together."

"What about you?"

"The minute the ban on magic is removed, I shall be free."

"What about Uther?"

"The old wizard had cursed him enough, he shall live to see them reunite but not to see them ruling the kingdom."

"And Igraine."

"She'll live long enough to see her grandson getting married."

"Oh please he's not even born."

"Destiny has everything already written."

"I have my trust in that."

"Go and have peace for the days that follow won't be easy."

Gaius left the cave and walked back to his chambers and found the knights doing something in his backyard.

"What's all this about?" He asked them.

"Arthur told us to prepare this while he finds a suitable robe for the occasion." Gwaine responsed.

Meanwhile in the castle, Arthur had messed up his closest to find THE perfect tunic for Merlin's suprise birthday party. He tried one but didn't like it, he tried another but still wasn't satisfied. He then opened yet another closet but still didn't find the look he imagined of.

Igraine entered the chamber and saw the mess Arthur had made.

"Arthur!" She said. "Hadn't Merlin cleared this room earlier look what mess you have made!"

"Mother, I can't find anything to wear." Arthur complained. "I want to look the way she likes for my birthday but I can't find the perfect thing."

"Well, for any occasion what is the one tunic or jacket she would remove out and ask to if it ok?"

"Ah, the red one there."

"That's it, if she didn't like it why would she want you to wear it?"

"That's right!"

"Now my son, get dressed, time is no one's friend."

Arthur went in the changing room and immediately put the shirt and jacket on along with the trousers that go very well with it. When he was done his mother was impressed at how handsome her son looked in his glamorous attire.

"So now that the prince is ready to meet his princess, there's no stopping." Igraine stated.

"Thank you, mother. Why don't you come along?"

"Who's going to handle your father?"

"That's true."

"I believe Morgan and Gwen are ready aswell and suggest you go."

"Are you sure?"

"It's the queen's orders."

"Yes!"

Arthur left the chamber while Igraine chuckled, as told he found his sister and her friend ready and waiting for him.

"Where's her gift?" Morgan asked.

Arthur ran to get the gift after mentally cursing himself for forgetting and joined them.

At Gaius' chambers all the knights had already wished Merlin, who was in her birthday dress. She kept on looking at the road to see if Arthur was coming but he didn't. Morgan and Gwen arrived but not Arthur. They enjoyed for a while and it was an hour before midnight and still no sign of Arthur.

Merlin was shy to ask them where that part was but she started to get concerned and decided to make the move.

"Where is Arthur?" She asked them.

"Relax love bird, he'll come." Morgan assured.

"That prat better not forget." Merlin replied.

"Hey guys, it's an hour before midnight, time to start." Leon told his fellow knights.

The four of them got up and went to Merlin. She was supprised.

"The future king of Camelot, Arthur Pendragon has requested you, Merlin Ambrose to meet him." Lancelot stated in formal fashion.

"Where?" Merlin asked.

"He had requested you to follow the path lit by these candles." Gwaine added.

"What about you guys?"

"The orders are only for you." Leon answered.

"He's waiting." Percival added.

Merlin listened to them and walked on the path leading to the lake while everyone watched. The candles get goin on and on and Merlin was feeling a bit strange that Arthur has called her here.

She reached the lake and stood on the sandy beach where the waves hit the shore and ran away. In the middle was a small camp fire and some other stuff kept beside it.

"Arthur?" Merlin called out. "Where are you?"

No one replied, all what she could hear was the wind and the water and nothing else. Everything was calm and peaceful. All of a sudden a gust of wind blew out all the candles and the fire. The others back at Gaius' chambers didn't realise anything as they were busy playing truth or dare.

The whole place had gone dark and Merlin could hardly make out anything. Her vision restored over time and she could make out the different shades of black around her. Suddenly she someone humn softly and turned around.

From the trees fireflies were coming out and lighting up the place and it looked magical. The darkness was disappearing as more fireflies appeared and lit up the area.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 120 7
Tap on READ to find out what this story is about!! And if you don't like it, it's ok, I'm writing for fun after all. Comment..! Vote..!
121K 4.6K 39
Merlin and Arthur. There never was, nor would there be, a pair quite like those two. Arthur, the Once And Future king of Camelot; and Merlin, the gre...
8.8K 275 22
When she sees a vision of Merlin and the terrible things coming to Camelot, she knows she must help. Once she saves Merlin's life, she is thrown int...
22.8K 917 16
"I have but one thing to say to you, Arthur Pendragon. Was it worth it?" ******* - this story has some profanities, so if that bothers you then pleas...