I did it all

By Golden_writer_

What happens when an old friend of Derek Morgan shows up to the doors of the BAU? Christina West, a 29 year-o... More

ACT ONE
Main Character's Information
Songs for the book
Fresh start (1)
Dinner (2)
The case (3)
Talk (5)
Scars (6)
Drinks(7)
Secrets (8)
Plan A or plan B? (9)

A coffee (4)

466 8 3
By Golden_writer_

CHRISTINA'S POV

I get out of the conference room and I walk through the bullpen getting close to my desk, I grab the jacket that Derek gave to me and I leave it at the top of his desk. I get out of the building and head to the cafe close to it, that is open all day. I'm going to get some caffeine in my system, I know I shouldn't do that when it's almost twelve am, but I prefer it than sleeping. Also, I can do my paperwork, now that everyone will leave.

"I need an extra sweet Mocha, please" I say and the worker starts making it. I just take out a ten dollar bill while I wait for my coffee to be done. I hear the bell of the door ringing, but I don't pay attention.

"Hey" Hotch says with a slight smile

"Hi, what are you doing here?"I ask confused

"Well, it seems like you're not the only one that has a lot of paperwork to do" He says, while he looks at the worker "The same black coffee"He orders

"Oh, c'mon bossy man, black coffee? Too brutal" I say and He laughs, he pays for our coffees and I am ready to protest

"Take it as a thank you, for taking the lead today, you were awesome" He says and we get out of the café.

We get back into the building, I take sip from my coffee and I tap the sixth button of the elevator. "Well, don't you have to go back to your son? You know, kiss him bedtime?" I ask confused that he wasn't already back at his home.

"My son right now, is with his aunt and already at sleep, so what's the point?" He says with a grin on his face. "It also looks like, you need a bit more help than Jack" He says while he leads me to his office while I grab my files from my desk in the bullpen.

"What do you mean?" I ask, acting like I wasn't fighting with Derek, like an hour ago.

"Christina, I know you know. Derek, can be invasive sometimes, especially with his friends, but that's just the way he is" He says trying to justify Morgan.

"I know Hotch, you don't have to explain Morgan to me, I know him well, too well, actually." I say reminiscing the days when we were hanging out.

"Please, we are not on duty right now, call me Aaron. Also, I believe that you two should talk it out, it seems like you're good friends" He says and I look up from my files the moment that he finishes his talk.

"We used to be best friends, back in highschool, after him and I left, it was like we both decided that we might have to lose contact. So now that I see him out of nowhere I-" I try to explain how I feel.

"It was too much, right? I understand you Christina, and I want you to know, that if you ever, want to talk to someone, I'm here alright?" He asks with a concerned look.

"Thanks, Aaron, I really appreciate it, that applies for you too, I am all ears, for everything" I say, starting to feel a glimpse of trust towards Aaron.

We continue doing our paperwork, writing and reliving whatever happened with Victoria Collins. It seems like she's going to be in prison for at least eight years. I send an email, to a friend of mine, back in New York that is an awesome lawyer, suggesting Victoria as a client to her. I feel like if I were her, I would want someone to help me. The moment that I send my email, I hear a knock at the door of Aaron's office.

"Wasn't everyone off, before like three hours ago?" I ask Aaron, I look at the clock it's 3:34, who was here, this late?

"It looks like, someone is here for you. Come in" he says, and before I ask, I see Derek coming in the room. You have to be kidding me. He sits in front of the door, with an apologizing look.

"Hey" he says with a soft voice, he looks calm now and not the way he looked hour's ago, in the conference room.

"I believe I should go" Aaron says and starts packing his bag, with a grin on his face.

"Don't worry Hotch, we'll go, I also have to drop Christina to her house" Derek says and I don't ever fight against it, I'm too tired.

We get out of the office and we reach our desks. I turn to look at him, "why did you come?" I ask a bit confused.

"To take your to your house, you came here with my car don't you remember?" He asks and I grab my go bag.

"I can call a cab, actually this is what I'm about-" I start talking as I take my phone out of my pocket.

"You're not calling anyone, I also wanted to talk to you." He says and He grabs my phone from my hands.

"And you thought, that coming to talk to me around 3am, was the best idea?" I ask with a chuckle as he unlocks his car and opens the door for me.

"Actually, it seemed like the best option, yeah" He says and I just look at him sitting at the driver's seat.

"Oh c'mon Derek you have better things to do, for example, go to sleep, I really don't think it's the time-"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for trying to invade your personal life, I'm sorry for taking your trust as granted, I'm sorry for not apologising the moment that I was wrong" He sighs and he takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry for making it hard to like me as a person, I'm not an easy one, I know it. Andd lastly, I'm sorry for not being here when you needed me the most" he says and he looks at me while he is ready to turn on the engine.

3RD PERSON POV

Derek looked at Christina, helplessly and utterly dependent on what she was going to say. He felt like if she forgave him, he could breathe lighter again.

"I forgive you, for everything and I hope that you forgive me toο, for overreacting and I'm sorry for making think that you aren't easy to like, you are actually an amazing person" She says and just for a moment, Derek lets out a sigh of relief.

"Of course I forgive you darling " he says and he feels like a piece of a puzzle is back in its place. Christina, starts to think about, how they used to be, she really had to let her past go, but that, didn't include Derek. "Let's get you home, shall we?" Derek says with a brotherly tone, a brother, this is what Christina always considered Derek to be. And he knew it too, that whatever happened between them, they will always love one another, it was like an oath they took, they never said it out loud, it was like a known secret between them.

Derek drives Christina to her home and everything is still intact inside, like Christina left it. Even though, Christina insisted on Morgan staying here because she didn't want him to drive in the middle of the night, he insisted that he should go back to his home, he had invaded her life enough.

Christina changes her clothes slowly, as if she wasn't tired. She didn't want to go to sleep, she was biased that she will wake up and she will have to endure nightmares again. She used to like sleep, but she also used to be other things too, so right now, it doesn't really matter. She went under her covers, and closed her eyes, she was so tired, she just wanted to sleep.

After almost an hour of rolling all over her bed, she decided to listen to the advice that her past friend gave her, sleeping pills, they were in her nightstand. She opens the drawer of her nightstand, and takes out the box, that she bought around a month ago. She couldn't carry on like that, she had to take care of her self, and sleep was indeed, important. She took the pill out of the box, she shallowed it, she laid on her bed and finally, fell asleep.

~

Christina woke up today after a twelve hour sleep, around 4pm, she really enjoyed sleeping without any nightmares, she hadn't slept that long and feeling so good, for at least a year. Even though she woke up late, she decided that organising her already organised house, would be a good idea.

Cleaning was a healthy coping mechanism for Christina, she had other coping mechanisms, that she wouldn't suggest to her colleagues. So she cleaned, mopped and baked some cupcakes, she loved cupcakes. She was ready to pack some for Monday to give at work, but a message from JJ that said that they had a case suggested otherwise. She put all of them in a container and was ready to call Derek, but she heard a knock on her door. And when she opened the door, there was no one else than, Derek.

"Well I was about to call you" Christina says pointing at her phone.

"Already here, sunshine" He says with a bright smile.

"Sunshine huh? A new one?" Christina asks surprised to her new nickname

"Well, it suits you" He says and he gets in the apartment, of course only after she nodded for him to get in.

"I grab my go bag and we should head to the jet, right?" Christina says rushing into her organised room, with Derek following only till her doorstep, respecting her privacy.

"Yeah, we are going to Boston, it seems like we have a serial killer. Twelve women in the period of three months"Derek mentions

"Which means one each week right? Does he have a specific period of time between his victims?" Christina asks while she takes out of her wardrobe her puffy jacket, she knew how Boston was going to be.

"It was like that the first two months, then he was getting faster" He says and Christina nods while they get out of her house and go into the elevator, Christina tapped the button for the parking lot.

"He's getting more eager, that means he's getting closer to his target. Do we have a specific type of women" she asks while they get in Derek's car and Derek refuses, he didn't know enough information.

"We're going to know more, the moment we get to the jet" Derek says and Christina puts the container with the cupcakes at the top of her lap. "Mhm, mama is a big baker huh?" Derek asks while he starts his car.

"I love baking, I brought them for the team, they're chocolate cupcakes" Christina says with a slight smile and Derek turn to look at her, while he also drives his car out of her parking lot. He admires her smile for a bit, she was focused on putting on some lipstick while she was looking at the mirror Infront of her seat, he then locks his eyes on the road, thinking that he might have been caught staring.

~

After twenty minutes of listening to music, they finally arrive at the jet station. Christina is ready to get out of the car, but Derek already had opened the door for her. She smiles at him, and she walks up the stairs of the jet, while she holds the cupcakes on the one hand and her jacket on the other. Derek took both of their go bags and stored them into the luggage space of the plane.

"Hey guys, I brought chocolate cupcakes, handmade, please try" Christina says and Emily's eyes glisten when she sees the fresh-baked cupcakes.

"You, you are my favorite one from now on" Emily says while she takes a cupcake from that container that Christina had already placed at the top of one of the jet's tables.

"Mhm, they're awesome" Penelope says with an enormous smile. "Oh, we haven't met face to face, Penelope Garcia, the technical analyst of our team" Penelope says and hugs Christina. Such a move was odd towards Christina, that much affection all at once, she never had experienced this.

"I'm SSA Christina West, happy to finally meet Morgan's baby girl." Christina says with a smirk while she turns her head to look at Derek.

"It seems like that you are not a bad baker, West" Rossi says and Christina laughs at his compliment, Rossi tried in the past to teach Christina to cook but... Let's just say he repaired his oven several times. So they both decided that she was better at baking.

"David isn't wrong Christina, they're delicious. Now, shall we begin the briefing?" Hotch says to everyone, addressing Christina with her first name was something that she didn't have a problem with.

"So, we have a serial killer, twelve victims all of them are women. It seems like the last victim's body wasn't found but, officers suggest that she is also dead" Hotch starts and all of the agents and the doctor are focused.

"His pace is rising, he used to murder a woman per week but right now, the last three victims have been killed the last three days" JJ says and Christina starts to process the information, she stays silent while she listens to others' questions about the case.

"Does he have a type?" Christina asks and JJ nods while she puts photos Infront of them.

"Yeah, brunette with blue eyes, the women's jobs seem to be high-profile-jobs, he definitely has a type" JJ says and everyone except Christina realises that the victims look similar to her, Christina was focused on building a profile in her head. They didn't say anything, there wasn't a reason for them to panick her.

"We still have four hours ahead of us, you should rest" Hotch says with a protective tone. All of them relax and take nap, while Christina stays up going through the files and online reports, with Morgan sitting next to her.

Hey guys! How are you?
I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to like and comment!
Have a nice day!
Golden_Writer_
Words: 2381

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 6K 42
Your first year at the BAU has been everything you expected, it was something you enjoyed and were passionate about. Everything in your life remains...
98.8K 1.6K 30
Y/n has been working at the BAU for 4 years, as she slowly begins to develop feelings for her best friend Spencer Reid...
819 23 17
Y/N Y/L/N is detective and cybersecurity expert working for the National Center for Analysis of Violent Crime who has recently been transferred into...
220K 5.8K 30
Morgan and Reid have always been the closest of best friends for multiple years. Reid figures out he has feelings for Morgan but is afraid to tell hi...