Nothing Without You - Peter P...

Autorstwa marvelobsessed743

"Meeting you was probably the best thing that ever happened to me." "Ditto." In which Kassidy Travors and Pet... Więcej

A C T T H R E E
1: no caller id
2: perfume allergy
3: water monster
4: fury
5: mysterio
6: european hookup
7: interruptions
8: the opera
9: fire monster
10: projector
11: back in berlin
12: real?
14: london
15: the truth
16: revealed

13: comfort

12 2 0
Autorstwa marvelobsessed743

CHAPTER 13
Comfort

IN the safety of the jet, Kassidy had gotten changed out of her suit and into a pair of shorts and a tank top. Happy had obviously come prepared with a few changes of clothes for both teens.

Kassidy was lucky enough that the suit Fury had had made for her had a bulletproof vest built into it, which meant most of the bullets that had littered her torso hadn't done much damage. She still had one buried in her leg, however.

"Need anything stitched up?" Happy asked after she had reemerged into the main part of the jet.

Kassidy shook her head. The only things that were worrying her at the moment were her ribs, which were certainly broken; her head, which was certainly concussed; and the bullet that was still in her left leg.

"I think I'm alright." she said, levitating herself to one of the chairs so she wouldn't have to walk on her leg. "I'm gonna try and get this damned bullet out, though."

Her leg looked... rough. A large bruise had formed around the entrance wound, and there was dried blood that had ran down her leg. Peter was sat in the chair next to hers, and he looked down at her leg in concern.

"Jesus, Kass." he murmured.

"Eh, it's fine." Kassidy shrugged, tucking her hair behind her ear. "This is going to hurt like a bitch, though."

"Kass." Happy sighed, crossing the room with his first aid kit. "At least let me clean it."

Kassidy leaned back in her chair. "Fine." she murmured.

Happy got Kassidy to put her leg up before he began to clean it. It burned like hell. The skin around the bruise was tender and it hurt every time Happy would touch it. As soon as he was done, Kassidy bit her lip in anticipation. She opened her palm and focused on the bullet inside of her leg. She imagined expelling it.

She watched as her power seeped into the wound and she almost immediately let out a cry of pain. She could feel the bullet slowly ripping at the sides of her flesh as it was dragged out. She felt Peter grip her hand, allowing her to squeeze it as tightly as she needed to. She took full advantage of that, glad that Peter had super strength for she was crushing his hand.

After a few more agonizing seconds that felt like minutes, she pulled the bullet from her leg. Kassidy let the small object clatter to the ground before she slumped into her seat.

"Fuck." she mumbled.

"Hey, watch it." Happy warned, wrapping a bandage around her leg.

Kassidy clenched her jaw as the bandage wrapped around the tender skin of her leg. Happy was being as gentle as he could, but he was still causing her pain.

"Given the current circumstances, I think I should get a pass." she said as Happy finished up wrapping her leg. "Want to get me some ice for my ribs?"

"Don't make me bring back the swear jar." Happy  said with a raised eyebrow. He struggled back to his feet. "I'll get you ice."

The swear jar was something Tony had brought forth to Kassidy. He had told her that it was either that, or he would wash her mouth out with soap. As Happy left the room, Kassidy had let her frown overtake her face again.

"Hey, you okay?" Peter asked, squeezing her hand slightly.

As soon as those words left Peter's mouth, Kassidy could feel the tears she had been holding back fill her eyes. She leaned towards Peter and placed her head on his chest. Not only was she utterly exhausted, she was still traumatized from the things Beck and forced her to see earlier.

"No!" she cried, letting her tears finally fall. "Peter, he made me watch you die several times, and then he tried to make me kill you. And if you weren't as strong as you are, I would have!"

Kassidy cried into Peters chest and Peter brought a hand up to the back of her head, soothingly running a hand through her hair. He couldn't help but tear up as she cried into him.

"Except I am who I am, Kass." he whispered, resting his chin on her head. "It wasn't your fault. It was Beck. It was all Beck. I'm alive."

Kassidy clung onto Peter like he may disappear. Her tears soaked the front of his shirt but Peter didn't seem to mind. He pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"Don't let him separate us again, Pete." Kassidy murmured, lifting her head.

Peter swiped his thumb across her cheek, wiping away her tears. "I won't." he said. "I promise, alright?"

Kassidy nodded her head, biting her lip in an attempt to stifle anymore sobs. Happy returned to the room, an ice pack in his hand. When he noticed the two teens holding each other, his cheeks turned slightly red.

"Ah, here's your ice." he said.

Peter moved away slightly, still holding her right hand in his own. Kassidy took the ice from Happy before lifting up her shirt slightly, revealing her heavily bruised torso. She leaned back, holding the ice to it.

Happy sat down in one of the chairs across from the kids. He removed his glasses and ran a hand down his face.

"You gonna be alright, kid?" he asked Kassie.

Kassidy pulled her lips into a half-hearted smile and nodded Happy's way.

"Good." Happy nodded. "Now... your guys' friends are in danger, your tech is missing... What are you gonna do about it?"

Kassidy glanced up at Peter. The boy was looking straight forward, his eyebrows pinched together. He stood from the arm rest of Kassidy's chair.

"We're gonna kick his ass." he said.

"I mean, right now. Specifically, what are we gonna do?" Happy specified. "We've been hovering over a random field for the last 15 minutes."

"Right." Peter nodded, glancing down at Kassidy. "Uhh, we can't call our friends because he's tracking their phones."

"Peter!" Kassidy exclaimed, her head shooting up. "Flash has been live-streaming this entire trip. He's got to have something on."

Peter pointed at Kassidy before speed walking across the room to Happy. "Give me your phone." he said, holding out his hand.

"My cell phone?"

"Yeah."

Happy obliged, handing over his phone. Peter walked back across the room, looking down at the screen.

"What's your password?" he asked.

"Password."

"No, what is your password?"

"Password, the word spelled out." Happy explained.

Kassidy let out a slight scoff. "You're the head of security and your password is "password"?" she asked. "Wow, Harold."

"I-I don't feel good about it either." Happy sighed.

Peter and Kassidy exchanged amused looks before Peter returned to his spot on the arm rest of Kassidy's seat. They searched up Flash's instagram and Kassidy let out a cheer when she saw that he was live.

"'Ello, governor! Cup of tea? I'm gonna be in London soon." Flash spoke in a terrible English accent.

"London." Kassidy said, snapping her head up to look at Happy. "They're in London."

Happy immediately jumped up from his seat. "London, okay." he said, heading towards the cockpit.

"Yeah, we need suits." Peter said, holding his arms out.

"Suits?" Happy turned and pointed at the two teens, a small smile on his face. He then turned and walked further into the cockpit.

"Thanks, helpful." Kassidy muttered.

Happy pressed a button in the cockpit and all of a sudden, the panel that Kassidy had thought to be a wall opened up, revealing a workshop complete with two different tubes to build suits.

Peter looked like a kid in a candy shop. He rushed forward and immediately reached his hand out to a panel on his side of the room. Kassidy let out a small chuckle before levitating herself to the other side of the room.

"Okay, um..." he muttered. "Bring up everything you have on Spider-Man."

Kassidy watched as five different holographic versions appeared in front of Peter. "Woah!" she exclaimed.

She scanned her own hand on her side of the room before telling her machine the same thing. Immediately, an array of different suits that looked like different versions of her own showed up.

Happy flicked on some music, and Back in Black by AC/DC played over the speakers. A smile grew on Kassidy's face. Tony loved this song.

"Aw, I love Led Zeppelin!" Peter exclaimed.

Kassidy turned to look at him, the smile on her face dropping. "Seriously?" she asked.

*

With a lot of help from Peter, Kassidy had managed to make herself a new suit. It was mostly black, with some purple lines and accents running up the body. The mask was similar to Peter's, as in completely connected to the suit itself. Of course, she had to keep her hood.

Happy had been attempting to send a coded message Fury's way as they flew towards London. He rushed into the workshop, brandishing his phone in his hand.

"Okay, Fury's got the coded message." he said. "Your friends are at the Tower Bridge. Your boy called it the London Bridge but I figured it out. I'm gonna go scoop them up, okay?"

Peter and Kassidy both nodded their heads along. Kassidy fiddled with her hands, her anxiety obvious.

"We're close." Happy assured the pair, giving Kassidy's shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "How're the suits coming?"

"Good." Peter nodded. "They're almost done."

Kassidy let out a shaky breath, running a hand through her hair. Happy patted her on the back.

"Hey, you guys got this, alright?" he said, looking between the two. "Walk me through it."

"We know it's illusion tech, right. All we have to do is get inside the illusion." Peter began.

"Then we fuck shit up." Kassidy finished, a small smile growing on her lips.

Happy snapped his head in her direction, giving her a don't start look.

"Exactly." Peter agreed, a small grin on his lips. "Then we find him, and he's just a guy, so I can take EDITH right back."

"And beat his ass while we're there." Kassidy shrugged.

Happy glared at Kassie a moment before turning back to Peter. "Right, but last time, you got hit by a train." he pointed out. "And you got thrown into the side of said train."

Kassidy frowned, raising her hands in mock offence. "Dude." she said.

"True, but this time-,"Peter said, tilting his head slightly. "How do I explain this? Uhh... I have like a sixth sense."

"His Peter-tingle." Kassidy specified.

"Oh, yes." Happy said in understanding. "The Peter-tingle. But I heard it wasn't working right now? Is it..?"

"It is working!" Peter said, closing his eyes in frustration. "Well, I don't know if it's working-,"

"Good. You got the Peter-tingle. That's the plan." Happy said, patting Peter's shoulder. "I'm gonna go get your guys' friends. Get that Peter-tingle back on line."

With that, Happy left the two teens in their workshop and rushed back to the front of the jet. Peter sent a slight glare Kassidy's way.

"Stop calling it that." he sighed, turning back to watch his suit build itself up. "

Kassidy let out a small giggle. "Oh, don't be like that." she said, leaning backwards and looking at her own suit. Her smile slowly faded as she watched Peter hunch over his suit. "You ready for this?"

Peter straightened up and turned back around so that he was facing Kassidy. He took a few steps forward so that they were face-to-face.

"Are you?" he asked.

Kassidy looked up at him. She let one of her hands land on his forearm. She shook her head slightly.

"But we don't have much of a choice, do we?" she sighed.

Peter glanced down at her hand. He took it off of his arm before holding it in his own. "No." he replied. "It's gonna work out though, okay? Promise."

Kassidy let out another sigh, but nodded her head. "Yeah, you're right." she said.

A beep sounded from behind Peter, and a few moments later one sounded from behind Kassie, signalling that their suits were done.

"Here goes nothing."

*

Almost done writing FFH! Which means I'll start on NWH soon, which means I'll be done this series soon:(

Thanks for reading<3

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.6K 65 22
Anastasia and Dimitri Ivanov are twins who have been stuck working with Hydra since their parents unfortunately passed. Once they arrived to Hydra th...
41.3K 1.4K 13
Peter gets a visit from an unexpected guest... or rather... guests.
1.6K 96 17
You weren't entirely sure how you ended up being friends with Spider-Man. It was mostly just coincidence. You never expected you'd end up being the o...
14.1K 457 13
Book 2/3 ( Happening during Far From Home) 𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘒𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘯�...