HUMDUM- Laiba & Fahad

By saysha261

"𝘕𝘰, 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴. 𝘔𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘩𝘪 𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪 𝘍𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘥. 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘥... More

- INTRODUCTION -
01| Meet Laiba and Fahad
02| Rishta pakka?
03| Her failed attempts
04| haldi
05| Qubool Hai
06| misery
07| Walima
08| Kheer pakai
09| Chaah
10| Crescent
11| Naraazgi
12| Ice cream date
13| Baarish
14| Chaand Raat
15| Eid
16| Dawat
17| 'Not' Missing You
18| Aitbaar
19| Ayesha
20| Akidat
21| Changes
22| Birthday
23| Karachi
24| Falling for you
25| Nazdeekiyaan
26| So in love
27| Qualm
28| Heartfelt
30| Hum Dum
- EPILOGUE -
Bonus Chapter - 01
Bonus Chapter - 02
ANNOUNCEMENT - Jiya Zayd's book & more.
Bonus Chapter - 03 (part- 1)
Bonus Chapter - 03 (part- 2)

29| Distances

9.7K 758 99
By saysha261

FAHAD
As I walked into the room, my mind kept drifting back to Sana's words. The conversation with her today reminded me of what she said a few days back.

"Tum maano ya na maano, maine jo kaha wohi sachh hai. Laiba tumse pyaar nahi karti"

Her words played in my mind, causing a knot to form in my chest. I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was amiss between me and Laiba. The past few days had been filled with restlessness. The distance between us, our conversations had become scarce.

I felt like I needed to have an open conversation with her. Ask her what she thinks about this marriage. I want to understand her true feelings and find out if there was any truth to Sana's words. I got dressed up to leave for the wedding.

I entered the wedding hall, and spotted my client Ali Rehman. He made his way towards me and introduced me to his son Asad. I congratulated the couple wishing them good luck for their marriage.

I looked at the crowd and my eyes fell upon Laiba standing among the guests. What was she doing here? I thought and it hit me. This was her friend's wedding that she invited me to!

A smile crept across my face as I admired her from a distance. She looked beautiful as always wearing a traditional attire and the gajrey that I gifted her.

I walked towards her through the crowd. Her face would surely light up when she realises I am here too. We can leave from here together and that way I'll also get a chance to ask her how she actually feels about me.

I took a few more steps closer to reach her. She was looking at her phone, her attention shifted and she turned back to see Zayd. My chest tightened with a mix of confusion and disappointment. What was he doing here? What are they talking about?

Laiba pulled Zayd away from there, holding his hand, and they moved to a quieter area. It felt like a punch in the gut. My jaw clenched, mind raced with thoughts. A pang of hurt crept in me.

All those hopes of sorting things out and finding a way to make things work came crashing down. There was no use of it, it's all clear now.

I walked away from the venue, barely feeling anything except this strong weird pain in my chest.

Ever since our wedding the only thing Laiba has said is that this marriage was forced. She never wanted this union in the first place.

But I thought things would get better, that maybe just maybe love could grow over time.
But I was living in a world of illusion, fooling myself that she would love me back once day.
I allowed myself to believe that things could be different between us. But I was wrong. She doesn't love me. She probably never will.

I opened the car door and settled into the driver's seat. I turned the key in the ignition and the engine roared to life. I pressed down the accelerator, speeding up the car. The wind rushed through the open windows, whipping my hair, mirroring the chaos inside my mind.

Laiba's words echoed in my mind, repeating over and over again, "Main tumse pyaar nahi karti Fahad. Mere dil mein tumhare liye koi feelings nahi hai". The pain was unbearable, and my heart felt like it was being squeezed in a tight grip.

Tears threatened to escape my eyes, blurring my vision as I drove. Every memory of Zayd and Laiba being together flashed before me like a slideshow. On our first meet, during the waleema, every single time. It was all right in front of me, how could I have not known?

Kitne The Chehre, Kitne The Dil
Hum Tumse Mile Kyun Aakhir?
Kitni Thi Raahein Aur Manzil
Hum Tumse Mile Kyun Aakhir?
[AAKHIR]

Laiba and Zayd found a quieter spot away from the bustling wedding hall. Zayd looked at Laiba with curiosity, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"Tum kya keh rahi thi? Waha kuch sunai nahi de raha tha" Zayd asked, leaning in closer to hear her better.

Laiba took a deep breath and met his gaze. "Mujhe ghar jaana hai," she replied, her voice tinged with a hint of urgency.

Zayd's eyes widened in surprise. "Are you serious?" he exclaimed, his voice filled with disbelief. "Tum khud mujhe yaha zabardasti le aayi aur ab itni jaldi jaana chahti ho?"

"Pata nahi kyun mujhe ajeeb si bechaini ho rahi hai. Fahad ki tabiyat bhi subah kharab thi. Mujhe bas accha nahi lag raha" she explained. "Tum mujhe mere ghar chod do please"

Zayd let out a sigh, giving way to understanding. He nodded, realizing Laiba's concern. "Thik hai" he said. "Chalo phir"

"Main bas ek minute Nadia se mil ke aati hu"

[KHAN HOUSE]
LAIBA
I had this weird feeling in my gut as though something is wrong, but I couldn't figure out why. I made my way upstairs to our room and pushed the door gently. The room was empty. Where is he? Is he still in the office? Or is he sick again?

I grabbed my phone, and dialed his number several times. But this man never picks my call. The door creak opened and I turned around and saw Fahad walking in, his coat hanging off his arm.

I blurted out, "itna late kyu aa rahe ho?" He ignored me walking into the room and I felt confused. "Aur mera phone kyun nahi utha rahe the? Main kabse call kar rahi hu"

And then he looked at me, his eyes red, "Yaha kyun aayi ho?" He asked, his voice low as he unbuttoned his shirt. I was taken aback. "Kya matlab yaha kyu aayi ho?"

"Apni dost ki shadi chod kar aayi hu, kyunki mujhe tumhari fikr ho rahi thi, aur tum mujhse yeh puch rahe ho?"

"Yeh jhuti fikr dikhane ki zarurat nahi hai"  he sneered, his voice laced with bitterness.

"Aise kyun keh rahe ho?"
"Main notice kar rahi hu tum kuch dino se bohot ajeeb behave kar rahe ho. Kuch hua hai kya Fahaad?" I asked in a calm tone.

"Tum mujhe ignore kyun kar rahe ho? Kya maine koi ghalati ki hai?" I questioned, my voice trembling with a mix of fear and desperation.

There was this weird silence, and then Fahad spoke, "Nahi, tumhari koi ghalati nahi hai"

"Ghalati meri hai, ke maine tumse tumhari marzi ke khilaf jaa kar shadi ki."

"Tum kehti rahi, ke tumhe yeh shadi nahi karni— and now I know why"

What is he even talking about? Confusion welled inside me but before I could say anything he spoke further, "tumne bataya kyun nahi mujhe?" He asked coming forward. "Ke tum kisi aur se pyaar karti ho?"

I stood there, utterly bewildered by his words. Love someone else? My mind raced, trying to make sense of his accusation.
"Fahad— tum kya keh rahe ho mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha"

"Oh please Laiba."
"Aankhein hai meri. Dekha hai maine tumhe aur Zayd ko"  How could he say such a thing?

"Zayd? Woh kaha se aa gaya yaha humari baat horahi thi—"

"Hum? Tum aur Main kabhi hum hi toh nahi the Laiba"  he said, a tear rolled down his face.

"Tumhe zarur koi ghalat fehmi hui hai Fahad. Tum baitho hum araam se baat karte hai" 

"Ab baat karne ko kuch nahi raha" a mix of confusion and frustration filled up my mind.

"Tum khud yeh sab assume kyu kar rahe ho? Kya maine kabhi Sana ko lekar tumse aisi baat ki? Fahad how could you even say something like that."

"Sana ki baat alag hai! Main ussey pyaar nahi karta. Main toh sirf tumse pyaar karta hu" 
I stared at him as his bloodshot eyes looked at me. I also don't feel anything for Zayd. Then why is he thinking all this?

"Lekin tum mujhse pyaar nahi karti, tum toh—"

Taking a deep breath, I reached out and gently touched Fahad's trembling hand. "No Fahad, I love yo—"

"No you don't" he said pushing my hand away and my heart sank.

"Jo dil mein aa raha hai bole jaa rahe ho!" I yelled but then fell silent. "Ek baar araam se baat karte hai"

"Jao yaar please. Jao yaha se. Mujhe koi baat nahi karni"

"Tumhe baat karni hogi"

"Just leave!" He shouted making me tremble.

"Fine" I said in a low voice as a tear escaped my eyes. I walked out of the room feeling hurt.

Waqt ne kaisa lamha diya hai
Dard ne dil ko sehma diya hai
Saare ke saare hum tere they
Thode bhi na rahe

Yun toh dil ke paas bahane
Par sach kya hai tu toh jaane
Mere they mere bas mere tum
Mere hi na rahe

Hairaan hoon ye soch kar
Dil ko bhala kya mila?

The hi nahi jab tere qaabil,
Hum tumse mile kyun aakhir?

NEXT DAY
Laiba walked in to her balcony as sleep eluded her since last night. She settled into the swing, trying to distract her mind from her thoughts. Her gaze fell upon one of Zayd's book lying on the coffee table.

Laiba reaches out and picked the book, feeling its weight in her hands. She traced her fingers along the worn edges, a sense of anticipation building within her. As she turned the page, her eyes fell on these words.

"Ek tera saath na ho humdum
toh kya jeena?
Tujh se baat na ho toh humdum
kya jeena?
Banaya hai tumhe apne dil ki dhadkan
Agar tum dil pe paas na ho
toh kya jeena?"

Memories of Fahad filled her mind, but the flashes of yesterday clouded her heart with sadness. She looked at the bracelet she was wearing, the one Fahad had gifted her.

"Kya baat hai" Laiba looked up to see Zayd.
"Kisi ko shayari pasand nahi thi shayad" he said leaning on the wall looking around.

"Lagta hai mujhe inn shayari ka matlab samjh aane laga hai"

Zayd's face darkened for a moment, his gaze filled with a mix of emotions. Taking a deep breath, he asked, "toh sacchhi mohabbat ho hi gayi?"

Hers eyes widened and a flicker of pain passed through them as she pondered his question.

"Jinhe hum sabse zyada chahte hai..wahi kyun humara dil dukhate hai?" she mused, her voice filled with a sense of longing.

Zayd looked at Laiba with a soft gaze. After a moment's pause, he finally answered her question, "Kyunki hum unhe aisa karne dete hai"
Laiba looked at him confused.
"Jinhe hum sabse zyada chahte hai, unse kayi ummeedein laga lete hai. Aur woh ummeedein hi aksar humara dil dukhate hai"

His words made no sense to Laiba as she looked at him lost in thoughts.
"Waise.." he continued taking a breath. "Tum toh kal ghar gayi thi na? Fahad ki tabiyat theek nahi thi..ab..woh kaise hai?"

Laiba's phone rang and she looked at it quickly, somewhere deep down hoping it would be Fahad. "Maa" she read the name on the screen before picking the call.

[KHAN HOUSE]
Fahad woke up in his room, feeling a mix of emotions swirling within him. His eyes dark from crying. Anyone could say he hasn't slept all night. Insia, entered the room calling out his name.

"Maine Laiba ko call kiya tha." Fahad's eyes widened, Insia continued, "Tumne usse bataya kyun nahi ke aaj hume Karachi jaana hai?"

Fahad let out a sigh, he looked at Insia, feeling a sense of weakness washing over him. "Ammi, mujhe nahi lagta aaj hum jaa sakte hai.."

"Aise kaise? Kal tumne khud kaha. Hum sab toh taiyaar bhi hai" she replied. Jiya chimed in, adding her voice, "bhai! Mene toh dress bhi rakh liya hai. Ab aap plan cancel nahi kar sakte aise"

Fahad sighed again, feeling conflicted, but ultimately gave in. "Thik hai, aap sab taiyaar hojao". His mind raced, as he sat on the bed, lost in thought, reminiscing about the events of yesterday.

Fahad got ready for the trip and sat on the couch, waiting for the others, his eyes fell upon a book kept open on the table. He picked it up, his gaze landed on a page.

"Tu Hazaar Baar Bhi Rootha tou
Manaa Lunga Tujhay mai
Aey humdum
Magar Deikh

Mohabbatoun Mei
Meri jaga mai shumil
Koi Doosra Na Ho"

Lost in his thoughts reading the lines, Fahad didn't notice Jiya approaching until she hesitantly snatched the book from his hands.

"Bhai..aap meri book kyu padh rahe ho?" Jiya asked, a hint of surprise and fear in her voice. Fahad, taken aback, replied, "Tum kab se yeh shayari padhne lagi?" He asked curious.

"Kya matlab? Mujhe toh humesha se pasand thi, aisi kitabein padhna.." Fahad sighed and looked at Insia and Sana coming with their bags. "Lets go" he said getting up.

"Fahad tum jaake Laiba ko pick karo. Hum sab driver ke saath dusri gaadi mein jayenge"
Sana's face fell hearing that and Fahad's face darkened, he took a deep breath.

[MALIK HOUSE]
Fahad was greeted with warm smiles on the faces of Laiba's family members. They greeted him warmly and engaged in friendly conversation, but Fahad couldn't shake off his awkwardness.

Laiba appeared at the top of the stairs, carrying a bag. Their eyes met, and for a moment, the room fell silent. The tension between them palpable in that intense gaze.

Fahad's anger flared up even more when he noticed Zayd, coming out from his room.

Feeling a mix of frustration and resentment, Fahad stood up to speak, "Aapki ijazat hai toh hume chalna chahiye."

Laiba, bid farewell to her family members and grabbed her bag walking towards Fahad as they left the house together.

LAIBA
The silence between us in the whole car ride was suffocating. We were sitting next to each other but it felt like we were worlds apart. He looked like he didn't want to talk to me at all. Why did I even bother coming along?

I stared out of the window and felt his eyes on me. I turned to look at him, but he quickly looked away.

Halfway through our journey, the car came to an abrupt stop. "Kya hua?" I asked but he got down without answering me. He checked the engine of the car and made calls trying to get help.
The engine had broken down, leaving us stranded on the side of the road. Fahad tried to fix it, his frustration evident.

We were still engulfed in our anger, unable to communicate even in moments of crisis. Fahad attempted to contact a nearby mechanic, I noticed a small store a few blocks away. I wanted a water bottle. Since Fahad was on a call, I decided to step out and get it myself. Anyways he wasn't talking to me so i shouldn't bother telling him. It would also get me some fresh air and I could stretch my legs and clear my mind.

I entered the store and asked for the bottle, I felt this strange feeling. Something wasn't right. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a man, with a creepy vibe, staring at me making me uncomfortable.

I quickly grabbed the water bottle and gave the money heading back towards the car. But as I walked, I couldn't shake the feeling that the man was following me. I tried to walk faster and couldn't help but look back.

I felt an arm around me. Fear crept in, and I turned to see who it was. A wave of relief washed over me when I saw Fahad. He glanced at me as we walked forward together, I felt safe.

"Tumhe gaadi se bahar aane ko kisne kaha tha?!" he asked, his tone tinged with anger.
"Agar kuch chahiye tha toh mujhe batati"

"Lekin tum toh mujhse baat nahi karna chahte" I replied and he fell silent his face still hardened with anger as we walked towards the car.

After a delay of one hour, we resumed our journey. I sat in the car, looking at him, taking in his features, and couldn't deny the silence between us. There was so much we needed to talk about, so much we need to clear up.

As I continued watching Fahad drive, my mind started to wander back to that moment he held me and came to my rescue. No matter how our situation is right now, he cares for me.

He's the person I feel safe with. He is my comfort. He is my husband, who I love so much.
It finally hit me. I love him. I love him so much.

At the beginning I didn't want to fall in love with him. But love had found its way into our lives, and I was ready to embrace it.

In that moment, all I wanted was to reach out and hug him, to tell him how I feel. But it seemed like an impenetrable wall had formed between us, fueled by his misunderstandings.

I sat there, my mind filled with confusion and longing, as to why we found ourselves in this situation where he refuses to even acknowledge my presence.

Tere mere darmiyaan hain baatein ankahi
Tu wahaan hai main yahaan
Kyun saath hum nahin
Faisley jo kiye
Faasley hi mile
Raahein judaa kyun ho gayi
Na tu ghalat, na main sahi
Le ja mujhe saath tere
Mujhko na rehna saath mere

[TERE MERE reprise version]

******

Ahhhggshddgdgs this took me forever to complete. Probably the longest chapter I've written till now.
Let me know your views.

I've decided to post the last chapter + epilogue on 5th February 2024 (Monday). But if I am unable to complete it by then, I will inform you guys.

Also do listen to AAKHIR and TERE MERE(reprise)

Make sure to complete the target vote.
Much lovee
Byee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 107K 78
Hartaj was standing on the terrace with his hands fisted. It was cold , but he couldn't care about it. The fire in him wasn't letting him see anythin...
11K 562 29
Ranked no.3 #islam Ranked no. 7 #turkey Ranked no. 3 #islamiclovestories "You have two choices, you either divorce your wife and get your father's la...
54.4K 2.6K 13
Masir مصير - fate, destination Two years ago, everything changed for her. She lives in a joint family where she does not belong. She was just 15 wh...
780K 50K 45
The world lays at his feet but his world is her. The king bows to no one except his queen. ☆°•°☆☆°•°☆ " How could I want anyone else when I am only b...