Intertwined

By carlysophiawrites

What will happen when unplanned feelings get intertwined and appear at the surface? Will that cause everythin... More

foreword
aesthetics & playlist
02 | Flirting Remarks
03 | Maroon
04 | Date night story
05 | Ice cream and late-night driving
06 | Birthday shopping
07 | Studying at the library
08 | Nervous wreck
09 | Birthday queen
10 | Soccer lesson
11 | Last days
12 | Turning twenty-one
13 | Golden girl
14 | Unpleasant conversation
15 | Emotional drained conversations
16 | Drunk encounters
17 | The teasing continues
18 | Midterm
19 | Making my heart happy
20 | Trip down the memory lane

01 | Just another Thursday

12 2 8
By carlysophiawrites

It was another sunny day in the town of Denver, Colorado. Another Thursday has arrived, meaning today is another soccer game against our rival's university team. I was sitting down on a metal bench under the shade inches away from the soccer field. I had my camera strapped over my neck waiting for the perfect moment to take some pictures. Quickly sensing the perfect moment, I turned on my camera and looked into the viewfinder.

I pointed my camera at the player from my university with the number fifteen on the team's jersey and took a picture. I took the picture of when player fifteen scored the winning goal, talking about perfect timing. The ground behind me cheered loudly at the same time as it was announced the winner of today's game.

"Here Samantha, I got you the orange juice that you asked for." My best friend Chloe appeared at my side after she had reunited after buying us drinks from the food stand. "What did I miss?"

"Thank you, Chloe." I thanked her, taking my orange juice from her hands, and then I placed it on the ground next to my camera bag. "Archer made another two goals and they are still winning."

Chloe and I have been on the university newspaper team since our freshman year. Chloe does more of the writing and interviewing. Meanwhile, I do both writing and taking pictures however I prefer being a photographer.

"With five minutes left of the game, I am pretty sure that our team is going to take the win." Chloe pointed out, looking at the point board for a short moment then she looked at her boyfriend while he played.

Chloe began dating Nicolas Dallas Rhodes, the soccer player on the number five jersey at the beginning of her sophomore year. Before that, they were introduced in the freshmen year when Chloe interviewed him for the college's digital newspaper.

"Chloe, will you be giving your boyfriend a kiss if they do win?" I teased my best friend, placing my camera down on my lap.

"Maybe, who knows you will have to wait and see Samantha." Chloe replied, still watching her boyfriend playing the sport that he loves.

Five minutes had passed and the crowd from our university cheered loudly as the sports announcer informed us who had won the game. I turned on my camera, quickly taking pictures of the crowd celebrating the brand-new win.

"Samantha come on! You need to take pictures of the team congratulating each other." Chloe told me, tapping on my shoulder with her index finger.

"Chloe, you can go right ahead, I will be right behind you." I told her, picking up my camera bag and orange juice from the ground.

"Are you sure Samantha?" Chloe asked me, looking at me while she was smiling brightly that reached her brown eyes.

"My best friend, I will catch up with you. Chloe, go ahead and wish your boyfriend congratulations." I replied to my best friend's question reassuring her, placing my camera bag strap over my shoulder.

"Okay, Samantha, thank you." Chloe told me before she made her way toward the soccer field.

After checking that either Chloe or I had left anything behind I started making my way into the soccer field a couple of inches behind Chloe. I saw my best friend jumping into the arms of her boyfriend Nicolas. Nicolas didn't waste any time wrapping his arms around his girlfriend's waist holding her in place.

Smiling brightly I pointed my camera at them and started taking a couple of pictures of them. I know for a fact that both Chloe and Nicolas will love to have these pictures when I send them the pictures later today. I watched my best friend kissing her boyfriend on his lips. I lowered my camera, making my way towards them as Chloe's feet reached the ground.

"Congratulations Nick for achieving another win." I wished him congratulations by giving him a friendly hug.

"Thank you very much, Samantha." Nicolas responded to my congratulations, returning my hug. "I can't wait to see the beautiful pictures that you have taken today of the game."

"Nick, you are one of the people who always gets to see them before they are in the newspaper." I told him, standing next to my best friend. "Speaking of games, what are you doing to celebrate the win from today's game?"

"Nick and the team are going to be celebrating our win at a celebration party that I will be hosting at my house tonight." The famous number fifteen, Tyler Levi Archer joined the conversation as he stood beside his best friend. "Hello Chloe and Sammy, of course, you ladies are invited, I am looking forward to seeing you there." I didn't go past me how Tyler had focused his eyes on me.

"Chloe and I will be there Archer." I accepted his invitation, staring back at him.

∞∙∞∙∞∙∞

Chloe and I showed up at Tyler's house ready to party. I decided to wear my short white skirt, my favorite green sleeveless shirt, and my light blue jean jacket and lastly I paired the entire outfit with my white ankle-length boots. I was wearing the university's colors.

"I can't find to see what Tyler thinks about your hot outfit Samantha."Chloe told me, lopping her arm around mine while we made our way towards the entrance of Tyler's house.

"Chloe, please enlighten me why I should care about what Tyler Archer thinks about my outfit?" I asked my best friend as the two of us walked right past the front doors which were opened.

"Samantha, that is because you already have caught Tyler's attention without having to try. I can tell you that man is already hooked on you even though he doesn't realize it." Chloe responded to my question, making our way towards the kitchen to serve ourselves some drinks.

"Please Tyler don't have a crush on me otherwise I would be able to feel it." I told my best friend, shaking my head in disbelief at her statement.

"One day in the future, Samantha I will be telling you I told you so." Chloe pointed out, unlocking my arm from mine then she entered the kitchen picking up two red cups from the counter. "What do you want to drink first?"

"Keep dreaming Chloe because that would never happen." I told her looking at her as she put ice inside of our cups. "I start with orange juice if there is any."

"Trust me Samantha, I will until my dream becomes a reality." Chloe said, placing our cups down on the kitchen counter before she started looking for drinks on the coolers that were on the ground. "Well, you are lucky because there is orange juice." My best friend opened the bottle and poured some into my red cup.

"Okay, Chloe." I told her, playfully rolling my eyes at her. "Great, that's amazing, thank you."

I picked up my red cup from the counter feeling a familiar pair of arms touching my shoulders. I looked at my best friend who was smirking looking over my shoulder. I knew that she was looking at the person who was standing behind me.

"Hello Archer, nice party, thank you for inviting me." I said, feeling him turning me around so I could face him.

"Hi Sammy, well thank you I know that my parties are amazing if I say so myself." Tyler told me, putting one of his hands on my lower back. "Chloe, can I borrow your best friend for a moment?"

"Hey Tyler, yes you can Samantha is all yours. I am going to look for my boyfriend." Chloe replied to Tyler's question picking up her cup from the counter after she poured herself a drink. My best friend looked at me then she winked at me before she walked away leaving me all alone with Tyler.

"Are you going to tell me why you need to borrow me from my best friend?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow and looking at him with a curious expression.

Tyler looked at me, smirking, and unwrapped his hand from my lower back then he took hold of my free hand. "You will have to wait and see Sammy Rooney."

"Fine, lead the way Archer as you always do." I told him, still looking at him.

"Good answer Miss Rooney." Tyler replied, looking away from me as he started walking leaving the kitchen behind us.

Tyler held my hand as he led the way while we walked through the huge crowd on the dance floor. As we were moving away from the dance floor, often Tyler over his shoulder checking to see if I was walking right behind him. We didn't stop walking until we had entered his bedroom. I set my red cup on his desk as I heard Tyler close the door and lock it so no one could walk in.

"I want to kiss you the moment I saw you earlier today on the soccer field." Tyler confessed making his way towards me.

"Well, what is stopping you from kissing me now?" I asked him, wrapping my arms around his neck and staring deeply into his eyes.

Tyler looked at me for a few seconds before returning to look at me. Tyler leans forward resulting in our lips meeting, I let out a small moan as he started moving his lips against mine. I started to kiss him back matching his own pace as all that I got through was finally.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161 26 11
After encountering a stranger in a rainforest Samantha was intrigued by him. A handsome, cunning young man..he enchanted her. Tyler however, was unpr...
153K 4.8K 16
•COMPLETED• After a long, boring night at a party, Lucas has to drag his wasted best friend home and try to sober him up before bed. What happens wh...
1.8K 99 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
22.7K 1.2K 43
"You shouldn't need to drink to try and drown your feelings Kayla. I've watched the people around me do this all my life and it doesn't fix anything...