Butterfly Culture

By lalalangit_writes

lnrs short stories, one shots, and drabbles More

say yes to me
but it's not real
is it cool if i keep it quiet?
call me baby

bad timings, good timings

450 20 18
By lalalangit_writes

5 times Leni's girlfriend was invited by the senators but didn't show and the 1 time she did.

//

one.

It was a usual Friday night for the senators and they decided to get dinner once the session ended. As it had been every after a session, Loren watched the senators fall into smaller groups. Two or three of them huddling together to chat. She decidedt to approach the two women who were talking a little farther from the others.

Risa and Leni stood by Risa's desk as they conversed. Risa sitting on her swivel chair while Leni leaned on the desk, her arms crossed. They seemed to be engrossed in the topic. "Uy, Sen. Risa, Sen. Leni," Loren said.

"Sen. Loren, hello po." Risa greeted, facing Loren.

"Ano po 'yun?" Leni asked.

"Sama kayo sa dinner tonight. Minsan lang naman."

The two other senators exchanged a look and Risa replied. "Sorry, Sen. Loren. Hindi ako makakasama tonight kasi may family matters to take care of."

Loren's smile faltered. "Is everything okay?"

"Ay, yes. It's nothing to worry about, I just need to attend to it."

"Okay, Sen. Risa. Next time, then?"

Risa smiled and nodded. Loren then turned to Leni and asked. "How about you, Sen. Leni? Do you have other plans tonight?"

"Wala naman, Sen. Makakasama ako." Leni assured.

"Nako!" Loren laughed. "Si Risa lang pala ang hindi makakasama kung gano'n."

"Bawi na lang ako, Sen!" Risa giggled.

The three women exchanged a laugh before Loren parted ways with them, and Risa and Leni returned to their earlier conversation.

One of the things Loren admired about those two was the fact that they managed to maintain their relationship throughout the years. In fact, she couldn't even remember the time they weren't friends. Even early on in their political careers, she knew they would find common ground. They were too similar. Too "clean" in most of the senators' eyes.

The senators lively chatted with each other around the table at the private room of the restaurant. Of course, like any other workplace colleagues, they pranced around topics of their families, children, especially love lives.

One by one, Loren went around the table and asked how things are with the senators and their respective partners. Until all eyes fell on Leni. "Ito, matagal ko na gustong tanungin," Loren began.

"Sen. Leni, may someone special ka ba?"

Leni smiled. And Loren noted how that was the smile that meant confirmation. It was the kind where Leni's dimples showed and her eyes glimmered – the happy kind. But Leni being Leni shook her head and said. "Showbiz naman."

"Sen. Leni, dapat sagutin mo 'yan kasi lahat naman kami dito ay natanong about sa love life."

"Oo nga, tama!"

Leni laughed again. "Yes, meron."

Now, everyone, especially Loren, was intrigued. "Sino ang lucky man na THE Leni Gerona is dating?"

"Woman," Leni corrected as she sipped from her glass.

One senator sputtered, another stopped midway of putting food in their mouth, and the rest held their breaths with their mouths agape.

"Woman?" Loren asked, both shocked and all the more intrigued.

"Yes, woman. May girlfriend ako."

The revelation took everyone in surprise. How on earth could they not have known Leni was dating a woman all this time? And they've worked with her for years already.

"Ga'no na kayo katagal?" Grace asked.

"Medyo matagal na rin."

"Kilala namin?"

Leni only shrugged, obviously refusing to disclose any more information about her love life. Loren saw it so she took it upon herself to save Leni from all the questioning. She was like a younger sister to her, after all.

"Sa susunod na magkwento si Leni. At least we know na she's not single, 'di ba?" Loren wiggled her brows and everyone laughed in agreement. Leni shot her a thank-you look instantly. "But jokes and questions aside, Leni, you should introduce her to us sometime. Invite mo siya na sumama when we go out for dinner. If you want lang."

"Maybe I will next time." Leni smiled.

two.

Another dinner took place a few weeks later. Leni already confirmed attendance earlier that day and she informed Loren that Risa wouldn't be able to make it as she left for home only a few minutes after the session ended.

"Oh, bakit? Is it the family thing again?"

"Hindi, Sen. May sakit siya, nilalagnat."

"Kawawa naman si Risa. But she'll be okay naman?"

"Oo, Sen. Pinapasabi niya lang na pasensya raw at hindi na naman siya makakapunta."

"Sabihin mo kailangan niyang bumawi sa akin ha!"

Leni nodded and they headed to the parking lot. Once at the restaurant, all talk of work was replaced with workplace gossip and banter, with new updates with regards to their families, children, and love lives.

"Wala na naman si Risa," One senator spoke. "Parang ayaw ma-interrogate tungkol sa love life."

"May sakit daw." Loren replied.

"Pero I think she's dating someone now. I overheard a few people talking about it na may nagpadala nga raw ng flowers sa kanya sa office last week." Grace said. "Why don't we ask Leni? Sa'yo naman pinaka-close si Risa. She's not single, right?"

"Siya na lang po ang tanungin niyo." Leni said, a relaxed smile on her lips.

"Okay, fine. But yes or no lang. She's not single?"

"No, she's not."

"Sayang! May irereto pa naman sana ako." Pia laughed.

"Si Risa pa, ayaw na ayaw nga no'n nang nirereto siya o may nirereto sa kanya."

"Infairness naman kasi sa kanya. She knows what she wants at nakukuha naman niya 'yun."

"Alam mo, I think she's in it for real nga this time."

Leni listened earnestly, fully intending to report to Risa what had been talked about at the dinner she missed. The senators mentioned that Risa often smiled at her phone on senate breaks as if receiving a sweet message. On their breaks, there were hints of someone special accompanying her on vacations as she posted in her private Facebook account. Special occasions also reeked of hints as purple and pink flowers were constantly gifted, an intimate dinner somewhere only they knew, and on and on it went about this special person Risa had that she looked serious about compared to her other relationships.

"Uy, Leni." Loren pulled her out of her listening focus.

"Yes, Sen?"

"Your girlfriend couldn't make it tonight?"

"Hindi eh. She's at home lang, busy din."

Loren grinned. "Busy woman naman pala ang girlfriend ng senador na 'to. How cute. Power couple kayo."

Leni laughed. "Minsan."

"Sana naman makapunta na siya next time. I'm excited to meet her! Saka si Risa, sabihan mo, ipakilala na rin niya ang nagpapatibok ng puso niya."

three.

Grace hosted a party for her birthday, sending invitations out to all the senators with the note: Please bring your partners. They're more than welcome to join.

More than celebrating her birthday, Grace was curious about who Leni's girlfriend was and who Risa was dating. It was those two women that never really shared about their personal lives with them. Unlike Migz who blabbered about his children's achievements, or Koko who shared anything that he could possibly think of, Leni and Risa kept to themselves. Only sharing when asked, and it couldn't even be considered sharing with how little she knew about them.

The mere revelation of Leni having a girlfriend confirmed Grace's hunch that there was more to her than what meets the eye, and she knew that the same applied to Risa.

So, in hopes of meeting the people Leni and Risa were seeing, she sent out the invitations with a special note.
The night came and everyone arrived with their spouses or partners on their arm, greeting Grace a happy birthday. Leni, meanwhile, arrived alone – much to Grace's slight disappointment – saying "Happy birthday, Sen. Grace. Sorry, I couldn't bring her along. Nasa work trip kasi eh."

Grace waved Leni off kindly and said, "Ano ka ba, it's fine! Your presence is very much appreciated. But sana talaga, makita na namin siya soon. It would be nice to put a face to the woman you mentioned."

Leni nodded and went to her seat, surrounded by her fellow senators.

"O, wala si Risa." Allan pointed out.

"Wala nga, nasa Thailand siya 'di ba? 'Yung conference about VAWC. Na-invite siya." Pia replied.

"Ano ba 'yan. Kala ko makikita na natin 'yung boyfriend ni Risa."

Grace noticed the playful smile on Leni's face at the mention of Risa's boyfriend. "Si Leni talaga, alam niya kung sino. Ayaw pa sabihin."

"Not my story to tell, Sen."

Loren frowned. "Teka nga. Sino naman nagsabing may boyfriend siya?"

"Wala ka ba no'ng dinner last time? 'Di ba nga, Risa's dating someone sabi ni Grace." Pia replied.

"I meant, confirmed ba na boyfriend? Eh si Leni nga, biglang girlfriend pala ang meron siya. Malay naman natin, may girlfriend din 'to si Risa?"

Everyone turned their attention to Leni who still sat quietly on her seat, face impassive and not giving away any sort of answer. She shrugged and they sighed, exasperated. "Si Risa na lang tanungin niyo pagbalik niya." She laughed at their antics, making a mental note to tell the absent senator about the exchange.

four.

Life as a senator was as busy as busy could get. So, every chance she could, Pia found the time to go out and treat herself for a pamper day. It just so happened that today, she bumped into Leni completely by accident.

"Uy, Sen. Leni!" She waved.

Leni waved back. "Magandang araw po, Sen. Pia."

Pia approached Leni and asked. "May kasama ka ba today? It's nice to see you outside of work."

"Ay, yes. I'm with ano..my girlfriend." Leni replied shyly.

The other senator laughed at the blush that appeared on Leni's cheeks. "Ah, date?"

"Something like that."

"Where is she now? Tara, let's get coffee. The three of us."

Leni's phone beeped with a notification, interrupting their conversation. She excused herself and replied to the message. Pia assumed it was either Leni's kids, or her girlfriend, judging by the concern etched on her face.

"Everything okay, Sen?" Pia asked. Leni nodded and apologized. "My girlfriend had to go kasi 'yung pet namin kailangang i-rush sa vet."

"I hope your pet will be okay. Sayang, I thought makakalamang na ako sa other senators kasi ako ang mauunang maka-meet sa kanya."

Leni chuckled. "Akala ko nga rin, Sen. Anyway, marami pa namang time para ipakilala ko siya."

"Oo naman ano. Many years to come pa. But the offer for coffee still stands."

"Sure, why not?"

The two women went to get coffee at a nearby cafe. As they talked, Pia noticed the paper bags that Leni carried with her. They were very much from the same brands that the female senators usually bought from, as they were local products and appropriate to wear for sessions.

"They're on sale, ano?" Pia said.

"Yes, ang laki nga ng discount. Ewan ko lang if it's because senador ako or talagang gano'n." Leni laughed, agreeing to show the blouses and skirts she bought to Pia.

One particular item took Pia's attention as it was a royal blue dress. Everyone knew it was Leni's favorite color. "Ganda nyan! Suot mo 'yan next session ha."

Leni didn't agree, nor disagree, but during the next session, Pia wondered why Risa's royal blue dress looked so familiar.

five.

The committee hearing lasted for hours and Loren could see how tired everybody was, including her fellow senators. On recess, she told everyone to take a breath and they'll resume a little while later. She watched everyone get up and leave the hall, including Leni, who seemed to be in a hurry.

Loren went to the senators' bathroom, and a little while later, she overheard Leni enter the while she was on the phone.

"No, 'di pa tapos...oo, hindi mo pa nakita? Nasa bag mo. Love, nasa bag mo. Check your wallet."

Loren stepped out of the cubicle and Leni's eyes widened when she saw her. Both women waved at each other and Loren made a shushing motion, letting Leni know that she wasn't going to make a sound. They washed their hands on separate sinks.

Leni spoke again. "Oh, 'di ba, it's there. Hindi kasi muna hanapin."

Hearing that made Loren giggle. What she was hearing now was an entirely different Leni. A gentler tone, teasing yet also sincere. She was seeing an entirely different Leni, too. Calm and composed as usual, tiredness evident in her eyes, but she was happy.

"Is that her?" Loren mouthed, and Leni nodded. "Tell her I said hi."

"Hi raw sabi ni Sen. Loren."

Loren heard a faint laughter through Leni's phone and a distant "hi" which sounded awfully familiar, she just couldn't place it.

"Sabihin mo magpakilala naman siya sa amin!"

"Pakilala na raw kita sa kanila."

The woman on the other end of the call laughed again and Loren heard her say something along the lines of "sa susunod" and "I have a meeting pa."

"Sige na. See you later," Leni bid goodbye to her girlfriend and it made Loren smile again. Yet she still couldn't figure out why that voice and the laugh, and the sentence construction and word use were ones she heard often.

The much awaited Senate anniversary came and finally, all senators would be present. No one was in foreign trips, no calling in sick, no emergencies, or whatever else that made them incomplete during the previous bondings they had.

One by one, they entered with their partners. And like the previous ones, Leni arrived with no one on her arm. This time, Grace could no longer hide her disappointment. "Ano ba 'yan, Sen. Leni. Wala pa rin?"

Leni only laughed. Risa arrived alone a little while later too. Which had Pia groaning. "O, ikaw din wala? Busy ba talaga mga partners niyo o ayaw niyo lang ipakilala sa amin?"

Risa laughed, the same way that Leni did earlier. But then, she stood beside Leni and snaked an arm around her waist. "I told you kasi to wait for me. Ayan tuloy, galit na sila."

"Ang tagal mo kaya."

"We arrived two minutes apart, matagal ba 'yun?"

"Fine, sabi mo eh."

Everyone looked at them, confusion apparent in their expressions. "Love, get drinks for us?" Risa smiled. Leni nodded and kissed Risa's hair before excusing herself.

"Hoy, Risa," Loren said, very much out of character. "Masamang biro 'yan ah. Pinagtitripan niyo kami."

"Sen. Loren, hindi pantitrip ang pagsasabi ng totoo," Risa smirked, twisting Leni's famous quote to suit the situation.

"Ano nga bang totoo?"

Leni arrived, two drinks in hand. She offered one to Risa while she sipped the other. "Girlfriend ko pala, si Risa." She said, introducing her girlfriend to her colleagues as they have been wanting her to do for weeks.

"And girlfriend ko, si Leni."

//

one.

The first person Leni would approach once the gavel hits the block signaling the end of the session was Risa. Nothing could remedy an exhausting day other than talking to her girlfriend and heading home with her.

"May dinner raw. Sama tayo?" She asked.

Risa shook her head. "I can't eh. Nag-message si Ianna, they need my help with something daw. Urgent din so I have to go."

"Gusto mo bang samahan kita?"

"No need na, I can handle it naman."

"But message ka when something goes wrong. Sunduin din kita after."

"Pagod ka na no'n."

"Hindi naman ako pagod basta ikaw."

"Landi mo," Risa said but not unkindly. She giggled, pushing Leni as a slight blush formed on her pale cheeks.

"Pero seryoso, Risa ha. Mag-message ka sa akin kung may mangyaring iba."

"Yes, my love. I promise."

Their conversation ended when Loren approached the two of them. She asked whether they would go to the dinner, to which Leni agreed and Risa declined.

Later that evening, after the dinner and taking care of the emergency, the two women laid in bed, holding their tummies as they howled in laughter.

"Sobrang showbiz ng answer mo, Love!" Risa exclaimed.

"Eh sa nagulat naman ako. Pero ayan next time sabi ko ipapakilala ko na girlfriend ko."

"You think it's a good idea?"

"Oo naman. They're our colleagues, and judging by their reactions earlier, they seem to be supportive naman."

Risa nodded and she kissed Leni, full on the lips. "Every night, I thank god for making me the lucky woman dating THE Leni Gerona."

two.

Risa shivered and Leni felt her heart ache at the sight of her sick lover. "Sure ka ba papasok ka pa today?"

"Oo, love, important ang votings today."

"Okay, but uwi ka na after para makapahinga ka."

"Yes po, Sen. Leni."

Leni chuckled and kissed Risa on the nose. "Hey, stop kissing me baka mahawa ka."

"Mahawa na kung mahawa. Nothing can make me stop kissing you."

Following Leni's advice, Risa went straight home after the session, insisting that Leni attend the dinner again so she could bond with their colleagues even without her around. Though reluctant, Leni agreed and made Risa promise to sleep once home.

When she arrived home, Leni showered and changed into more comfortable clothes before carefully laying beside Risa's sleeping form. She wrapped her arms tightly around her girlfriend.

"Hmm, welcome home, baby." Risa mumbled.

Leni kissed her hair and nuzzled closer. "We talked about you kanina."

"Oh? What did they say?"

"You're dating someone din daw. You're in it for real, this time sabi ni Grace."

Risa chuckled weakly. "Well, she got that right. Ano pa sabi?"

"Palagi ka raw nakangiti sa phone mo. They noticed hints na you're going on vacations with someone special, every special occasion may flowers, intimate dinners, mga gano'n. They said it looked serious compared to your previous relationships and ipakilala mo na rin daw 'yun sa kanila."

"Our coworkers are such gossips, Len." Risa huffed. "But at least they know someone's making me happy. They just don't know it's you, yet."

"May irereto pa nga raw sana sa'yo si Pia."

"Yuck."

three.

Risa's Thailand trip was only a couple of days but Leni already missed her badly. It was also not a good timing at all given that Grace invited them to her birthday celebration. But work was work and it wasn't as if Risa's trip was a bad thing for the cause they advocate for.

Once Leni had gotten home from the party, she called Risa for a video call. "Hi, I miss you." She pouted.

Risa laughed. "I miss you too. You're so cute, I can't wait to be home na tuloy."

"Uwi ka na. Dali sunduin na kita sa airport."

"Baliw! It's only one more day tapos nasa tabi mo na ako ulit. How was your day?"

Leni recounted everything that happened throughout her day and Risa loved it every time she did. It wasn't uncommon knowledge that Leni was mostly quiet and preferred keeping everything to herself. But this was a privilege she was granted – to know Leni's thoughts, listen to her, and make her feel safe and loved enough to tell her about her day.

"Sabi nila may boyfriend ka raw."

Risa raised a brow. "Oh? What did you say?"

"Sabihin ko sana tapos ka na sa parteng 'yun ng buhay mo at girlfriend na ang meron ka, but I decided against it."

"So, what did you say nga?"

"Ikaw na lang tanungin nila pagbalik mo."

Leni grinned. The senators have been insisting for the longest time that she and Risa introduce their partners to them. She wondered how they would react if they were to introduce each other.

"You think they'll believe us?" Risa asked.

"If they don't, e 'di ikikiss na lang kita sa harap nila para maniwala sila."

four.

Life as a senator was as busy as busy could get. And they were both in the same profession. So, every chance they could. Leni and Risa found time to go out and treat themselves.

On dates, they kept their distance. Near enough to portray they were close, far enough so no one would suspect anything out of the blue. They weren't hiding their relationships, per se. It was just that Leni wasn't a fan of public displays of affection and Risa, preferring to keep her love life out of the public's eye, also liked it that way. Their relationship wasn't by all means an illegal one, and the most important people in their lives were already aware of it, but the two women enjoyed the little secret. An inside thing only the two of them know, especially when they're out in public.

Their smiles packed with a deeper meaning, slight touches a fleeting assurance, the looks they share conveying affection and understanding even from afar.

Today, they were at a mall, shopping for new clothes. They also had a habit of picking out clothes for each other. It began with Leni saying "Alam mo, mahal kita pero ang baduy ng pagkakapares mo sa mga damit mo."

They had already bought several clothes when they decided to part ways – Leni to a home center to buy new towels, and Risa to the grocery to pick out a few snacks. Once Leni had paid for the new towels, she bumped into Pia outside the store and in the middle of their conversation, she received a message from Risa.

Risa: Nag-text si Aika. She said Diego needed to be rushed sa vet. You're not replying to her daw.

Leni: I just checked my phone. Nandito si Pia. Coffee daw tayo. Kausap mo si Aika now?

Risa: Yes, I'm on the phone with Aika. Ako na lang pupunta sa kanya. Tell Sen. Pia sorry I can't make it and take care, okay?

Leni: Okay, ingat. I love you.

Risa: I love you more. Enjoy kayo.

"Sabi sayo, love, maganda 'tong royal blue na dress. Akala nga ni Pia sa akin. Suot ko raw next session."

"You think she'll remember na akala niya sa'yo 'yan if I wear it?"

"Next week pa ang session, right? Baka hindi na."

Nonetheless, Risa wore the royal blue dress during the next session, and she smiled internally at the thoughtful look on Pia's face as she greeted her.

five.

Leni was at a committee hearing while Risa was in her office, flipping through her paperwork. Although Leni insisted many times that Risa go home already, the other senator declined and said she would much rather wait for her so they could go home together.

After Loren declared a recess, Leni checked her phone and saw that Risa messaged her.

Risa: Love, saan 'yung vicks?

Leni excused herself from the room and called Risa while heading towards the bathroom.

"Hi, love. Tapos na 'yung hearing niyo?" Risa greeted.

"No, 'di pa tapos."

"Nakita mo 'yung message ko? 'Yung sa vicks ko."

"Oo, hindi mo pa nakita? Nasa bag mo."

"Wala dito. I checked na."

"Love, nasa bag mo. Check your wallet."

Leni could hear Risa rummaging her things, looking for the inhaler, until she heard a faint "yay!"

"Oh, 'di ba, it's there." Leni chuckled. "Hindi kasi muna hanapin."

"Sorry, kanina ko pa kasi hinahanap tapos hindi ko naman makita."

"Hi raw sabi ni Sen. Loren."

Risa was silent for a few beats, not expecting that someone was with Leni while they were on the phone. And then she laughed and said. "Hi."

On Leni's end of the call, she could hear Loren tell Leni to introduce her to them. "Pakilala na raw kita sa kanila," said Leni.

It made Risa laugh a little harder. "Sabihin mo sa susunod na," Risa said, fully aware that she was going to see Loren later that night before she and Leni would head home. "I have a meeting pa."

They didn't intend to lead the senators on in a wild goose chase. It just so happened that everytime they wanted to meet Leni's girlfriend, it was bad timing. This was the fifth time in a row with relationships and introductions being brought up, and Risa wasn't around. First the emergency, then she got sick, then the foreign trip, the thing with their pet dog, and now, Risa was in the same place yet she had her own things to do.

"Sige na. See you later."

"Bye, love."

//

"And girlfriend ko, si Leni."

All the senators looked at the couple, expressions between awe, shock, and confusion. They've been working with Leni's girlfriend, and Risa's partner, all this time and yet they never knew.

"Oh my god, how could we not have known?" Grace gasped.

"Hindi ko alam," Risa shrugged. "It's not like Leni and I ever tried to hide it."

"Hindi ka nga niya maipakilala sa amin!" Loren complained.

"Bad timing lang, Sen." Leni replied. "Palaging may ginagawa kapag hinahanap niyo siya."

The incredulity of the situation still stunned their colleagues and they wanted to ask several questions, all which Leni and Risa replied gracefully to. They mentioned how they've been dating for two years now and Pia grumbled about how that was almost half their time in the senate yet they never mentioned it once. They talk about the things they've always wanted to ask Leni and Risa – how they started dating, what their kids said, how was Leni like as a girlfriend, how was Risa like, and many more questions until the night came to an end.

"Hindi naman sa nanghihingi ako ng permiso," Leni spoke before they all parted ways. "But I hope Risa and I's relationship won't be a big deal sa inyo."

Risa smiled. "It never got in the way of our work before, and it will never get in the way of our work now. Hindi niyo kailangan mag-alala with regards to that."

Loren grinned. These two were like her younger sisters. However shocking their relationship was, it didn't matter because she knew, more than anybody else in that plenary session, that Leni and Risa both deserved to be happy. "Oo naman! If you're happy, then we're all happy for you."

The senators agreed and raised their glasses to cheer for the couple. Grace hooked arms with Risa and said, "Alam mo, looking at it now, all the signs were there. Naiinis nga ako sa sarili ko because how could I miss them?"

Pia nodded. "That's why your blue dress sa session looked familiar! Nakita ko na pala 'yun na dala ni Leni."

"Yeah, gift ni Leni 'yun sa akin." Risa giggled.

"Kwento ka pa nga, Risa. Jusko, nandoon lang pala ang girlfriend ni Leni all this time. Hindi man lang ako informed."

Risa shook her head and laughed. "Tapos na 'yung event. Uwian na. Tama na chismis."

Grace squeezed Risa's arm and said. "Wala kang choice. Ngayon ka lang sumama sa invite namin."

Risa could do nothing else but sit down and answer every question they threw her way. Leni, on the other hand, sat beside Risa, listening earnestly and with fascination as she narrated all the instances she and Leni barely kept their relationship private.

"Wait. Risa, may naalala ako." Koko said.

"Ano?"

"Naalala mo ba 'yung nakita kita sa parking lot?"

Risa's eyes widened and she squeezed Leni's thigh. That story was something Risa was definitely proud of (of course, she had fun that day, but it wasn't something she wanted to share). Leni's brows contorted in confusion, still not remembering that particular day.

"Ah..oo?"

"Si Leni ba kasama mo no'n?"

"I think so, yes."

"Kasi nakita kita you got in your van tapos may pumasok din na isa pa pero hindi ko na nakita kung sino. Eh wala pa 'yung driver. Tapos parang ang tagal mo na nandoon pero hindi mo binuksan 'yung sasakyan."

Leni coughed, now remembering what happened. "Ano, may..ano – inayos lang si Risa."

"Tinted kasi 'yung van ni Risa kaya hindi ko makita. Pero ikaw 'yung kasama niya?"

"Oo, si Leni 'yun. Basta ano, may inayos lang."

Koko nodded and left it at that, but Pia, Grace and Loren stifled their laughter. It didn't need to be elaborated further. A locked van, in a dark parking lot, with two people inside. What else could have happened? Pia flicked Risa's ear and whispered. "Sa parking lot talaga?"

Loren pinched Leni's arm. "Hindi makahintay?"

Leni whined. "May inayos nga lang si Risa."

"Sino inayos niya, ikaw?"

Risa's cheeks flushed red in embarrassment and so did Leni's. The rest of the female senators continued poking fun at the two, mentioning instances of them wearing turtle necks to work and leaving early together to attend to "family matters."

When it was time to leave, the senators made their way to their respective cars and bid each other goodbye. Leni and Risa both headed to Leni's car, this time in front of everyone to see. Leni hugged Risa's side and said. "Cute, legal na tayo sa kanila."

"I know, baby. It feels great kahit hindi naman natin triny itago in the first place."

Leni opened the car door for Risa, but before shutting it, she held her chin and placed a chaste kiss on her lips. "I love you, Senator Risa."

Risa giggled. "I love you, Senator Leni."

Hoots and cheers interrupted their intimate session and Pia shouted. "Hoy, uwi na! Sa bahay na 'yan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 4.6K 20
Collection of Dramione one-shots and ficlets.
1.2K 22 8
!!(NOW TAKING REQUESTS FOR MONIX ONESHOT BOOK)!! I will take your request and write it for a one shot Please give me good ones also if it's really go...
43.4K 867 10
Tododeku one shots. I put random and weird Tododeku ideas into here. All the one shots are either fluff or angst.
3.7K 35 11
" He's the enemy.. I can't fuck with the enemy.. Can I? " - Some may contain 18+ content. Beware.