Love Live!: SHATTER [PART 9]

By SecondRound

The wall of ice has started to shatter, movements are being made in the entertainment industry, and a miracul... More

PART NINE IS COMING...:
ENTER, QUASAR:
GOLDEN CALF INVESTORS' CALL - PART 1:
GOLDEN CALF INVESTORS' CALL - PART 2
MY GREATEST EMBARRASSMENT:
BEST BOYS:
UNDER FIRE:
CHAOS THEORY:
THE SLUMP:
PHOTO BOOTH:
ICE COLD:
ALMOST HEAVEN:
FOLLOWED:
EGOTISTICAL FAN:
FASHION DISTRICT:
OUR EVOLUTION:
LOWEST OF THE LOW:
HIGH SCHOOL GAMES CREATOR CONTEST:
SHOWING YU THE STRINGS:
OUT TO EAT:
WAKEY WAKEY - PART 1:
WAKEY WAKEY - PART 2:
WHAT DO YOU WANT?:
STARTING OVER:
SCARS:
DO YOUR BEST:
48 HOURS LATER:
YOU UNDERSTAND ME:
NOISE COMPLAINT:
DON'T IGNORE HER:
SETSUNA'S BIG DAY - PART 1:
SETSUNA'S BIG DAY - PART 2:
THE SIGNS:
EMERGENCY MEETING - PART 1:
EMERGENCY MEETING - PART 2:
DAY ONE:
BLUE-HAIRED CIRCUIT OF DEATH:
BAKER BREAKER:
A HARD DAY'S WORK:
LEG DAY:

RINA'S VISION:

264 10 1
By SecondRound

*BROADCASTING ROOM - NIJIGASAKI HIGH SCHOOL - ODAIBA - TOKYO*

*ONE EXPLANATION LATER*

Thankfully, Setsuna and Mia took the news well via text and didn't freak out about it.

So to fool the camera, we're playing this off as a sudden change in direction rather than being forced to restart.

Besides, if the culprit is watching, then completely ignoring them means this whole scheme has backfired on them.

AKI: "So that's what we were thinking. What are your thoughts on this?"

SETSUNA: "So it's a game that'll make Rina's fan club members' dreams come true.
You received so many messages from the members after your recent fan club game tournament, right, Rina?
It's your dream to make theirs come true.
I can feel how passionate you are, like your emotions have broken a dam and are now pouring out!"

MIA: "Now that I think about it, when we were discussing the theme, we all just gave our own thoughts and didn't ask for yours.
We should have made more of an effort to do so. Sorry, Rina."

RINA: "N-No. It's okay! It's my fault for not communicating well enough."

MIA: "But we're a team. We should have done a better job of getting everyone's input."

SETSUNA: "That's right. Sorry for just rushing ahead."

AKI: "It wasn't fair to force our own ideas on you like that. I'm so sorry..."

RINA: "You shouldn't apologize! Rina-chan Board says, 'flustered'."

AKI: "Well then, you know what this all means..."

MIA: "Right. Let's bring Rina's vision to life!"

RINA: "But I don't think we'll have the time..."

SETSUNA: "You know what they say, pressure makes diamonds. And it'll be a fun challenge to try and make up for the lost time."

AKI: "Sounds like we're all raring to go. What'd you say, Rina?"

RINA: "I, uh... Thanks, everyone. I'd love to have you all work with me on it! Rina-chan Board says, 'Bow'."

MIA: "Of course! Right then, let's pull together a concept of what Rina wants to make."

...

*MEANWHILE*

*SHIORIKO'S ROOM - MIFUNE MANOR - AOYAMA - TOKYO*

KASUMI: "EEK! They're starting over from scratch!"

SHIZUKU: "I wasn't expecting this twist..."

SHIORIKO: "Look at what's happening in the official channel's comment section!"

'Starting over now sounds like a bad idea...'

'They should reconsider.'

'Just make whatever you wanna make!'

'I have no idea what's going to happen next.'

'The plot thickens...'

'The Nijigasaki team are on fire!'

SHIZUKU: "They're all excited..."

KASUMI: "This is pretty hype! I'm on the edge of my seat, but I think Rinako and the others can pull it off!"

SHIZUKU: "Me too. You can see that their enthusiasm is genuine!"

SHIORIKO: "Oh, it hurts that we aren't allowed to be by their side to cheer them on!"

...

*SCHOOL IDOL CLUBROOM - URANOHOSHI GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL - UCHIURA - SHIZUOKA PREFECTURE*

RUBY: "What?! Th-They're starting over!"

HANAMARU: "Time isn't on their side, zura... But I'll still cheer them on!"

YOSHIKO: "Heh heh heh... This is the power of the grimoires of darkness that the great Yohane bestowed upon them! Little demons, Right Hand, your mistress applauds you."

HANAMARU: "Don't you mean those gaming magazines, zura?"

YOSHIKO: "Urk?!"

RUBY: "Yeah! That was really kind of you to give those to them, Yoshiko!"

YOSHIKO: "They're not gaming magazines, they're grimoires! And it's Yohane! YO-HA-NEEEE!"

...

*IDOL RESEARCH CLUBROOM - OTONOKIZAKA GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL - AKIHABARA - CHIYODA - TOKYO*

NICO: "See? This is why we shouldn't underestimate them!"

UMI: "Then in that case, we should increase our schedule!"

HANAYO: "H-Huh?!"

...

*COMPUTER LAB - NIJIGASAKI HIGH SCHOOL - ODAIBA - TOKYO*

HIRO: "They're changing the plan? That's incredible!"

KAITO: "I'M. SO. FIRED. UP!"

SORA: "I'd expect nothing less from someone as enthusiastic as Setsuna."

TAMAKI: "Y-Yeah, but Rina's the true star... She's...amazing!"

CHARLIE: "Hmph. You know, maybe Akihiko isn't so bad after all. Plus, we're all getting a game out of this, that'd be fun to play sometime, right?
We should tell Arata, Daichi, and Valentin about this!"

SHIRO: *Chuckle* "This is the School Idol Club we're talking about. They don't go down that easily!
Even when the odds are completely against them, they always find a way to break through, and we love them for it!"

...

*KANON'S ROOM - CAFÉ MANMARU - SHIBUYA - TOKYO*

YU: *Giggle* "See? Even when the odds are against us. Our Club never gives up!"

KANON: "...I see."

...

*KAMIJOU'S HEAD OFFICE - GOLDEN CALF HEADQUARTERS - AKIHABARA - CHIYODA - TOKYO*

KAMIJOU: "Hmph... A sudden change in direction? But why? I wonder... So sudden.
You're full of surprises, Nijigasaki. Unpredictable. But that won't save you from becoming mine.

Enjoy these last moments of youth, before you wake up from the dream and reality breaks you."

...

*BACK AT NIJIGASAKI*

MIA: "Let's run through it one more time...
First and foremost, the game's controls and rules need to be simple and concise so that anyone can jump right in.
People who aren't so great at games should be able to keep up, but those who can play well can get big bonuses.
You clear levels based on the total amount of points from everyone taking part, which means you can clear them even if you're not great at gaming."

SETSUNA: "So it's a game where you win by gaining small victories and building up points over time?"

AKI: "Hmmm... I can't help but think I've seen a game like that somewhere before... Did Ayu play it back when she was in her VTuber phase?
No, that was the cat collection game...
Like, the game I'm thinking about was hard, but you could keep making progress..."

Damn it, think!

?!

AKI: "I've got it! It was the puzzle game I played with Chika!"

RINA: "A puzzle game?"

AKI: "Yeah. 'Mikan Matcher'. You match up four of the same kind of mikan orange, and they disappear."

MIA: "The same kind of mikan orange? Aren't they all the same?"

AKI: "That's what I thought! But they're different I tell you. Different! Like for example-
N-Nevermind that we're losing time, we can discuss mikans later!
What if we made a falling object puzzle game?
We could make it so it's relatively easy to avoid failing the level, and strong players can play at a higher level by aiming to chain even longer blocks."

RINA: "Yeah, that might work."

MIA: "We can have a shared gauge that fills up as all the players get rid of the blocks together."

AKI: "And maybe they could use that gauge to overcome some difficult obstacle?
Hmm, what should we do for that...?"

SETSUNA: "Leave that to me and the index of ideas I've been sitting on for years. I've got just the thing.
Each and every player is a hero, tasked with protecting the Earth.
But one day, the clouds gather overhead as thunder shakes the sky! As a great bolt of lightning flashes, it opens an interdimensional rift with monsters pouring out!
We heroes must work together and fill the gauge to unleash a laser beam that will take down the monsters! It is our duty to bring peace back to our beloved home!
And with further in-game efforts, we can close that interdimensional rift once and for all!"

AKI: "...Wow."

SETSUNA: *Huff* *Puff* *Pant* "How does that sound?"

RINA: "Incredible! Thank you, Setsuna.
I should thank all of you, actually. You've taken my vague idea of what I want to make and created something tangible.
Let's make it. Then, we can play it alongside everyone else."

AKI: "All right, so let's divvy up the work!"

...

*MEANWHILE*

*ODAIBA MARINE PARK - ODAIBA - TOKYO*

TSUMUGI: "They're starting over, despite all the work they've put in...
All because Rina said that was what she wanted to do...
I don't understand...
Why the sudden change, Suzuki?
I...thought you would have taken control and forced the others to do what you want by now...
As an egotistical fan, it's in your nature. It's what you are.
So why?
*Sigh*
This place... This beach... I...we...used to come here a lot...
Before I messed everything up with her..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.5K 3.1K 199
Determined to save the idol industry, our protagonist Akihiko Suzuki and the 27 idols of μ's, Aqours and Nijigasaki must save the School Idol Festiva...
66.6K 2K 18
Ukai forces hinata and tsukishima to get along after so many months of tension and arguments. They are forced to hang out every Saturday, which event...
903 37 11
The fine line between "Pushing yourself to the limit so you can become stronger!" and "Pushing yourself to the limit until you can no longer recover...
75.7K 1.3K 199
After studying in New York for a month, Akihiko Suzuki returns to his School Idol Club only to find it in ruins. During his absence, Lanzhu Zhong and...