Hate To Love You ~ Guro Reiten

By m_writ3s

In which the English footballer falls for her Norwegian teammate who at first she never got along with... mad... More

Intro <3
Where It Started
Still Going...
First Match
England
Back To The Blues
Date? Or No Date?
Chelsea's Finest
Nothing New
Answers?
Christmas Din Dins
Birthday Plans
Surprise!
Boxing Day 'Banter'
A Quite Life
To What I Love
Twenty Seven
Clash Day
Night Out
Catch Up Then
Arnold Clark Cup
Second Times a Charm
Moving In
Media
FA WSL Cup
Finalissima
Hard Times
I Love You
Battle Between Red And Blue
Miss You
Take That
Four Time Champs
Goodbye For Now
Just The Start (wwc part1)

Before You Go

875 30 0
By m_writ3s

Guro's POV:

I woke up to an alarm the Rena set for us as we were meeting Erin later on for shopping. She was still asleep so decided to wake her up by poking her face over and over again. Her eyes opened and she immediately furrowed her eyebrows which made me giggle.

"I hate you" she said to me.

"Sure you do, Roo" i got off the bed and into the shower straight away, giving her time to wake up properly.

After i got out of the bathroom, i saw that she had made the bed. I shouted to let her know that bathroom was free and she got in. We do have two showers but the one in my room is way better than the other one, it's more powerful. Technically Rena has her own room which is right next to mine but we've kind of gotten used to sleeping in the same bed now that it's just what we do automatically. I finished getting ready and went into the lounge and turned on the tv. It was a sports channel with the news from women's and mens football.

The lady that was on the screen read out from her script,  "England's lionesses are heading to Wembley Stadium on the 6th of April to play against Brazil in the women's Finalissima which they qualified in after winning the Euros last summer. All players start international camp tomorrow, and unfortunately for the lionesses this will be their first major competition without key player Beth Mead after she tore her ACL in November 2022. Best of luck to both teams".

I had completely forgotten about camp somehow. I had two friendlies, one with Spain and the other with our neighbours, Sweden. Whereas lionesses had the Finalissima and one friendly against Australia.

I heard the shower stop i knew Rena would be in our room getting changed. I messaged Erin to make sure she was still up for today.

Me -
You still up for today? 😗

Erin -
Of course, well only if i don't end up third wheeling with you and Renata i'll be fine.

Me -
🙄🙄🙄

Erin -
I'm still coming tho cause i love shopping

Me -
You have an obsession over it

Erin -
Like how your obsessed over Rena

Me -
That wasn't needed now was it?

Erin -
You're not denying it

Erin -
Wow i practically silenced you

Me -
See you later Erin.

Erin -
BAHAHAH bye stupid.

I heard the bedroom door open and then Rena appeared in front of me. "I'm ready" she smiled. She was wearing some straight blue jeans and a grey hoodie along with my pair of grey Adidas campus 00s shoes.

"You stole my shoes"

"You stole my jumper"

She was right, i was wearing her white-grey jumper but i didn't even realise.

"Oh" i said

She giggled at that and pulled me up by my hand. We were now face to face. She looked down at my lips then to my eyes and then back to my lips and smirked a little. My heart race quickened when she did that. She started to lean in but pulled away at the last second and walked to the door. She's such a teaser.

"You can't do that"

"You've done it to me before" she shrugged. "Now come on, we're gonna be late to Erin's house"

We got in her car and drove to Erin's. After a few minutes we got there. I got out the car, while Rena stayed behind. I rang Erin's doorbell which she opened right away.

"Where's the other one?" The scot said referring to the girl that was in the car still.

"She's in the car" i said and we walked over to where she had parked. I got into the passenger seat and Erin sat in the back but in the middle seat so she could talk to both of us. She ruffled Renata's hair after she put her seatbelt on, which caused it to got all messy. Rena turned slowly to stare Erin. Which made us both giggle while she pulled down the mirror to sort herself out.

"I actually hate you" she said.

"Can you put my music on?" Erin asked.

"Yeah, your phone should still be able to connect to the car so go ahead." Rena said to Erin who did as she said. The speakers started playing Gold Digger by Kanye West.

I giggled and looked over to the girl in the back, "I think it worked"

The ride to get to the shops wasn't massively fair and we found parking space in no time. All of us got out the car and Rena locked it putting her keys in her pockets.

"Perfect parking there Roo" Erin pointed out. The car was parked at funny angle but wasn't bad enough to need to be moved.

"We don't talk about that" she said and we all made our way around the shops. Since none of us had breakfast and it was practically lunchtime Rena insisted that we'd have 'brunch'.

We got a table in a Deli place that did all sorts of stuff. Erin and Rena both ordered a blended açai bowl whatever that is and i ordered a toasted bagel with cream cheese and salmon.

Once our food came Rena said, "I literally made you that yesterday"

"So? It's my favourite"

"Mines better, right?" she asked.

"You better answer this right Guro" Erin butter in.

"Yes yours is better" i said ignoring what the girl to me said.

We finished our food and walked around the shops for a while. We were in a cosy little shop that sold all sorts of stuff, like clothes and decorations but mostly jewellery.

Erin had wondered off somewhere and i was with Renata looking at the rings. I gasped and pointed out a pair of silver rings, one had the sun on and the other had the moon engraved onto them . "They're so cute"

I must've caught Rena's attention cause she agreed with me. "They are"

I went over to Erin to see where she had gotten to. Leaving the lioness by herself for a while. Once me and Erin had finished we went to find Rena and we left the shop. It had started raining and Erin wasn't happy about it whatsoever.

"I bloody hate the rain" she said

"Move countries then" Rena laughed and pulled out her phone taking a photo of the girl in front of us.

I had offered to drive us all back for the way home so i was at the wheel, Erin was in the passenger seat this time and Rena was in the back.

Erin scoffed then looked back at the girl in middle seat. "Did you have to post that?"

"Yes, yes i did" she giggled.

"You've posted something already?" I asked her.

"I'm practically an influencer now" she said.

@renadesantos3's story

TIME SKIP....

Renata's POV:

Unfortunately we had just finished the last day of training until after international camp. We had only been there for a few hours as most of the team had to catch flights to their home countries. Me and Guro had just pulled back home and got into our apartment so we could just chill for a will before she had to go to the airport and i had to go meet with Niamh and Jess so we could travel down altogether but that was tomorrow. Fran and Millie would've been with us but Millie's injured her calf and Fran has a problem with her knee meaning she's going to be out for a while.

"I don't want you to leave" i groaned while wrapping my arms around Guro's waist.

"Me neither" she kissed my forehead and sat us both down.

I sighed loudly and started playing with her fingers and the ring which was on her right hand. Suddenly my mind re-jogged and i reminded something that i brought a while back. I went into our room after detaching myself away from her and searched for the little white box that i hid in on of the boot boxes i had. I placed it in my pocket and went back into the living room where she was sat. I walked up behind the sofa and put my hands on her shoulder.

"We should go on a walk" i said

"Now?"

"Yes now, you can't complain when your going to be on a flight in about and hour or so." i bargained.

"Ugh okay" she huffed and got up.

We still had our coats and shoes on as we had only just gotten back so we just went out straight away to have a walk around the block and near the closest park. We locked up and set off, hand in hand. The gentle April breeze flowing through my hair, which i had down for once.

We stopped when we got to the park and sat down on a bench which over looked the fields. I had my arm around her shoulder and she was leaning into my side.

"Who did you say you were playing?" i asked her.

"Spain and Sweden but the Spain game is the same day as your one against Brazil" she answered.

"What time?"

"5pm"

"Oh mines at 7:45 so i think we'll be able to watch them, but i might have to miss the end of yours and you'll miss the start of mine" i shrugged.

"Are you nervous?"

"Not right now, but i will be soon." i replied.

"I'm sure you'll smash it" she smiled at me.

"I'm sure you will too." i paused smiling back, "Before you go though, i have something"

"I'm nervous" she said and i giggled.

I stood up so i was standing in front of her. "Do you remember when we went shopping with Erin?"

"It was like last week of course i do"

"Well, when you went off with her in that little shop, i brought these, when you weren't looking" i smiled pulling out the box i brought with me from earlier. I handed it to her and watch to see her facial expressions.

She opened the box and gasped, "Rena, i don't know what to say" she said standing up. I had bought her the matching rings we saw when we were with Erin.

"You don't have to say anything" i pulled her into a kiss which lingered for a while before she pulled away. "Which one do you want?"

"Hmm. The sun" she replied.

I took the ring with the sun on and slid it onto her finger gently. She smiled and took the ring with the moon on it out the box and put the box on the bench which was behind her. She placed the other ring on my finger and looked to me. We maintained eye contact for a while before i spoke up.

"Have i ever told you how beautiful you are, Guro?" i said softly.

"I'm not sure but you don't have to stop" she giggled. "Oh! I have to take a photo of these" she added referring to the rings.

She wrapped our fingers together sticking our arms towards the distance and took a photo of our hands.

"You posting that, right?"

"How did you guess"

She posted the photo as i grabbed the box off the bench and put it back in pocket before interlocking our fingers again for our walk home.

@greiten's story,

We had packed our bags the night before so we wouldn't have the hassle of doing it after training. Guro was set to leave in the next 5 minutes. She'd be meeting Maren at hers and heading to the airport from there. Whereas i didn't need to get a flight and didn't need to leave till the morning tomorrow.

She had her suitcase and backpack piled next to each other and she was putting on her coat and shoes right now.

"I'm going to be lonely tonight" i whined to her.

"Me too" she stood up, engulfing me in a tight hug and pecking me on my lips.

She put the bag on her shoulder and i grabbed her suitcase to carry down to her car. Once we put all her stuff in the boot i pulled her into one last hug.

"I will miss you so much" she said.

"I'll miss you too, but it'll be over before you know it" i reasoned.

We kissed for the last time before she got into her car. I waved her off before she went out of site. I walked back up to our apartment. This would be the first night we would spend without each other ever since i moved in. Which feels like forever ago now.

I messaged the group chat i had with Keira, Leah, Georgia and Lucy to see when everyone was landing.

The Four Best Friends + Lucy

Me -
When's everyone landing? xoxo

Leah -
I'm already here xoxo

Me -
I wasn't talking to you

Leah -
Don't speak to your captain like that Renata.

Lucy -
Woah whats going on here then

Leah -
Rena's about to get kicked off the groupchat.

Me -
I MADE THIS GROUP THAT'S NOT FAIR

Lucy -
So it was you that made that horrible name?

Leah -
Yeah it was her

Me -
NO IT WAS G WHO DID THAT

Georgia -
What did i do?

Me -
When is everyone landing? Not you Leah.

Lucy -
We should be here in a few hours i'm not sure.

Georgia -
Yeah same

Leah -
Is Kei dead?

Me -
Lucy what did you do to her?

Lucy -
I think she's asleep

Leah -
You think?

Me -
Are you not sat together?

Lucy -
No we are but i can't tell if she's just ignoring the messages.

Georgia -
Shake her awake

Me -
That's mean

Georgia -
You do that to me all the time

Me -
Its different when i do it

Keira -
I'm alive guys don't worry

Leah -
I was starting to think Luce left you in Barcelona

Lucy -
I would never 😉

Me -
Ew

Georgia -
Just stop Lucy please keep it PG.

Lucy -
Shut up

After i had finished my conversation with the girls i set my phone down to charge and went into the bedroom. I went in the wardrobe and stole one of Guro's hoodies and pulled it over my pyjamas and got into bed. As i was dozing off my mind was wondering through random thoughts and i came across one in particular. Me and Guro haven't actually made it official between us yet. Wondering when it'll happen i drifted off to sleep to smell of her hoodie and warmth of our bed.

Authors Note -

I don't know how this chapter got over 2000 words but it did 🙃

- M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 1.2K 100
In which, Estella Sainz and Jude Bellingham finally get together.. (mainly a social media book) football x f1 crossover
23.8K 189 22
"๐ผ'๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘”โ„Ž๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ฆ๏ผ๐‘›๏ผŽ แด€สŸแดกแด€สs." Jude Bellingham x Y/N fanfic. Might contains smut if requested. I don't know about Jude...
245K 6.1K 54
imagines I wrote of women footballers! *ignore spelling mistakes pls, ty!*
200K 3.2K 30
๐˜Ž๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜บ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ...