The Phoenix Returns

By ExoticTwist

"What?" I asked her. "Was that Keema with news?" She shook her head, silently. "Who was it?" Kennedy freaked... More

Chapter 1 - Lanie...
Chapter 2 - I'd Feed That Bitch to the Wolves
Chapter 3 - Tell the Boys, that Daddy Loves Them
Chapter 4 - Where's Our Daddy?
Chapter 5 - I Missed You, Kyson
Chapter 6 - He Doesn't Even Know That They Exist
Chapter 7 - A Very Serious Talk About What?
Chapter 8 - All Of That Is True, Jerk
Chapter 9 - Come On, I'll Make You Some Coffee
Chapter 10 - Tap Out
Chapter 11 - You Know You Want This
Chapter 12 - Shit
Chapter 13 - Somebody Likes It Doggy Style
Chapter 14 - I Can't Just Be Your Friend
Chapter 15 - Fine, Baby Daddy
Chapter 16 - Happy Birthday, Love
Chapter 17 - I'm Happy For You, Angel
Chapter 18 - This Hearing Is Adjourned
Chapter 19 - Shut Up, Ky
Chapter 20 - Never, Have I Ever Jumped From A Roof
Chapter 21 - I Need Another Beer
Chapter 22 - Trust Me, I Look
Chapter 23 - I'm Not Elliott
Chapter 24 - Can I Kiss You?
Chapter 25 - One Word; Submission
Chapter 26 - You're Fucking Declan
Chapter 27 - Can You Help Me With My Zipper?
Chapter 28 - I'm Not An H-O-E
Chapter 29 - Thank You, Captain Obvious
Chapter 30 - Fuck
Chapter 31 - Scarlett Will Understand
Chapter 32 - I Got Your Text
Epilogue - Kyson

Epilogue - Scarlett

55 4 0
By ExoticTwist

(Scarlett's POV)

"Babe!" Kyson called me as I could hear him coming down the hall to our bedroom. "Baby, are you ready? Everyone is here and waiting for you downstairs."

Checking myself out in the mirror, I admired the woman staring back at me.

She had a shimmer in her eyes.

She looked pleasantly happy.

She was no longer dreaming for answers to her past, and no longer felt abused and manipulated. She had her youth, her sons, and her guy.

She had the life that she always wished for.

With him.

Kyson came to stand behind me, wrapping his arms around me, and caressing my eight-month baby bump.

"I'm ready." I told him, flattening out my creamy-pink, form-fitting, spaghetti-strap dress. It stopped just above my knee as I paired it with a creamy-white cardigan sweater.

Even though I'm in sunny California, I have been slightly anemic with this pregnancy; I'm cold most of the time and my iron is a bit on the low side.

"Are you sure?" He asked me, kissing the back of my neck. "How are your feet?"

We both looked down at my pedicured swollen feet, and we both silently came to the same conclusion.

"Well, at least they look cute." I giggled, turning around in his arms.

Kyson chuckled along with me. "Yes, hopefully, that distracts everyone from the extra padding you got around your toes."

I pinched his side, startling him. "Don't make me put you in a submission again. I can still do it pregnant."

He rolled his eyes, pulling out of our hug to grab my hand. "Let's go."

We headed downstairs to welcome everyone.

It was finally my baby shower.

And it was beautiful.

I wasn't allowed to set up or see anything that had to deal with today. Kenn and Paisley outdid themselves.

Pink, rose gold, and creamy-white balloons were everywhere inside the house, coating the floor. Huge balloon arches and bouquets of white and pink roses were everywhere, and a photo area with a balloon arch with a backdrop that read Oh Baby.

There were pink, white, and gold dimly lit lanterns and big tissue flowers hanging from the ceiling spaced out around the party area. They used the kitchen and den for the party area inside and added the backyard for the games and fun stuff for the kids.

They had the food setup in the house, which I loved because it kept the flies and bees at bay. There were so many trays of food and treats, but the fruit section was the best part, that, and the salad bar.

I mean— raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, mango, pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew.

I've been obsessed with fruit this pregnancy, all kinds. When I was pregnant with the boys, I mostly craved junk food; chips, cookies, cake, and soda. I gave into a lot of temptations during that pregnancy, guiltily.

My baby girl is trying to keep me healthy, so giving in to these cravings is easy and consequence-free.

My cake was beautiful and tall.

It was a four-tier cake, every layer was a different color to match the theme while the top tier was an ombré of those three colors. Then the third tier had my daughter's name on it in gold.222

I have been waiting an incredibly long time for this day. I didn't get to have one for the twins because I bought everything I needed. Plus, I had no one to invite.

The only ones I had to invite were Paisley and Kennedy and they would be the ones to plan it.

So, that would have been useless.

This time around I had a whole slew of people to invite.

Keema.

Davina and Lanelle.

Kennedy and Olivia.

Paisley and Lyle.

Allen, Abby, and Oakley.

Porter.

Elliott.

With Kyson's approval, I invited Declan and Quinn.

Of course, most of them had to fly out here from New York but Kyson offered to pay the airfare for Allen, Abby, and Oakley.

He also helped out Kennedy and Olivia.

Keema's money was Dad's money, so she was able to pay for her and the girls.

Everything worked out and everybody showed up.

I couldn't wait to see my mom.

I haven't seen her in person since I moved away about five months ago. I was delighted to see her and my little sister.

They have been dying to meet Kyson anyway, Oakley and Allen particularly.

She was the first one I ran to when I made it downstairs to everybody.

Mostly everyone was in the backyard, my mom and Oakley were waiting inside.

"Mom!" I cheered, rushing to her as quickly as I could, I embraced her.

Abby doesn't mind me calling her mom, one day it just slipped out and I've been calling her it ever since. She didn't oppose.

My mom was also able to find out what happened to my adoptive parents. Evidently, when I was one, they died in a boating accident in Hawaii. I was left with my adoptive mom's brother while they were away, and he didn't want to take me on as a responsibility, so I was put into the system.

She beamed in happiness to see me. "Lettie!" My mom was amazed to see how big my stomach had gotten. "You're huge."

Abby calls me Lettie because that's what they used to call her grandma Scarlett, as well. And since she named me after her, I didn't mind it.

I cracked up. "I know."

I took the time to introduce my mom and Oakley to Kyson. They spoke over the phone and FaceTime, but they've never met in person.

We talked for a few minutes.

"I've missed you, baby girl." My mom expressed, rubbing my arm.

Gosh, I adore this woman.

I loved her the moment I laid eyes on her, then she stopped me from leaving her house; she called me back.

She didn't have to; she could have let me run away without inviting me in.

She healed me that day.

She made me feel wanted.

"I missed you, too." I pouted, trying my damnedest not to cry.

Introducing Kyson to Allen, we got this party started.

We played several baby shower games, and had tons of food and drinks. We danced and chatted and just all around had an enjoyable time. I loved seeing everyone together, getting along, and appreciating each other's company.

Kennedy joined me at the table where I was merrily stuffing my face with obscured quantities of watermelon. "Are you sure that you're fine with me and Elliott being together?"

Kenn has asked me this more than a dozen times, she and Elliott have already been together for three months now.

I'll be glad when she finally stops bringing it up.

"I'm fine with it, babes." I hugged her, rolling my eyes playfully. "Elliott is great and you guys were fantastic friends, so I know you'll be a wonderful couple."

Elliott will be an amazing stepdad and an even greater dad.

He already worships Olivia.

I'm glad Kennedy found someone to take Nick's place, he was no good and he was never going to be any good.

"Hey, Bosslady." Declan joined me and Kennedy at the table. "You better watch out, your baby might come out with a head shaped like a watermelon."

Kenn and I laughed. "Shut up, Dec."

"Olivia, put that down!" Kennedy shouted to her daughter from across the backyard.

It looked like Olivia was holding a butterfly in her hand. She made eye contact with her mother before taking off running, giggling. Kennedy got up to sprint after her.

Olivia aided her mother as she ran in zigzags.

We laughed at the duo.

Kylan and Samuel just stood there, amused, watching Olivia run away from her mom.

Declan grinned at me. "How's the baby?"

"She's good." I beamed, rubbing my belly.

I love talking about my daughter.

"What are you guys naming her again?" He asked. "Declana?"

I burst out laughing. "You wish."

"Her name will be Phoenix Rose." I beamed. "Phoenix, meaning rebirth; new beginnings and Rose, meaning red, like my name."

I also wanted a name that had a meaning close to mine because my name means so much to my mom.

She loved it when I told her.

Rebirth seems appropriate for my situation; lately, I have been feeling like a new person. I'm healed and happier than I have ever been in my entire life.

And also, Phoenix because of Kyson.

So, her name will have so many different personal meanings.

"I like it." He grinned again.

"Are you two flirting?" Kyson raised his eyebrows at us, coming up from behind Declan.

He's obviously joking, he knows that I would never do that.

Declan jumped a little bit, nervous.

"Heck no, the only person I want to flirt with is you." I spoke suggestively.

Kyson came to sit next to me, in the seat that Kennedy just gave up. He kissed me on my cheek as he caressed my belly. "I know, I'm only kidding. I like to scare Declan, it's effortless."

"Hey, Bossman." Declan chuckled. "Are you excited about welcoming a daughter?"

Kyson couldn't help but smile. "So excited. I hope she's just like Scarlett."

The party was over.

Everyone had cake before it was time to go home. The cake was delicious, it was moist, soft, and sweet. It was a great treat to end the party, when they finished their cake, everyone knew that it was time to go.

Plus, I'm eight months pregnant; I'm tired as hell.

We were housing Paisley, Kennedy, Elliott, and Olivia.

Keema, Davina, and Lanie all headed back to the airport after the baby shower because they needed to get back home in the morning.

Abby, Allen, and Oakley had a hotel room nearby.

I offered them a guest room, but they said that they would rather get a hotel.

I understood, they already knew how many people we were hosting.

"Paisley, let me see that ring one more time." I asked her.

It's so beautiful.

Lyle did such an excellent job picking out this ring. I'm sure he had help from a female, probably his mom, she's the only one that I can think of with expensive taste.

It was a single round diamond on a thin gold band; 4 ct.

Paisley beamed, walking over to flash her ring at me. "I love my ring." She sighed.

Lyle finally proposed to Paisley at a romantic dinner two weeks ago.

"Must be nice." I exhaled.

Kyson turned to me, amused. "Excuse me?"

I rolled my eyes. "I want a ring." I whined.

"You have your temp ring right there." He chuckled, pointing at my belly. "Once she pops out, I'll get you a real ring."

I pouted. "That's not fair."

"It is." Kyson nodded. "Plus, have you seen the size of your fingers? If I buy a ring for your normal size finger now, then it won't fit. I'd have to wait anyway, babe."

I huffed, looking at my hands.

He's right.

"Fine, you're right." I frowned, those words felt like acid coming out.

"I promise, you'll get yours." He grinned.

We all went to bed soon after that.

I'm beat.

My feet hurt from walking around so much, and I just wanted to get into bed and have my boyfriend rub them for me.

And he did.

"Did you have fun today?" He asked me, picking up my left foot.

It's so hard to answer his questions when he's rubbing my feet, I fall into the foot massage and hardly remember my name.

It just feels so good.

And don't let him give me a lower back or shoulder massage, he better not even speak to me. I don't even make an effort to talk during one of those.

"I did." I beamed in happiness, closing my eyes and lying back against the pillows. "I loved every minute of it."

"I'm glad." Kyson said. "You deserve every minute of this time of your life. You have been through so much and you excelled to the other end in triumph, and I'm so proud of you."

I opened my eyes to see his chocolate eyes gazing at me. "Thank you, babe. But I have you to thank for this part of my life because without you, our boys, and our soon-to-be baby girl, I wouldn't know where I would be."

"I know." He grinned.

"Where would I be?" I sassed, playfully.

He shrugged. "You would be in some Ivy League school with the top grades and majoring in something meaningful but smart." Kyson continued, his chocolate eyes gazing into mine. "Then you'd graduate with honors, get a great job, find some great guy, start a family, and live happily ever after."

"You seem so confident." I eyed him, smirking. "What makes you think that would have been my life after everything that I've been through."

"Because Scar, your past does not define you, it never did, and it never will. You were always meant to make it out of that world you were stuck in for so long." He beamed. "You were always meant to be great no matter what."

I returned his smile as I imagined this life.

Maybe he's right.

Maybe that could have been my life if I'd never met him, and I'm not going to lie— it sounds like a great life. One that would have successfully foreshadowed the life I began with.

Right now, I wouldn't trade this life for anything— not even my old life because it got me to this place.

And I love it here.

I'm in a good place.

My friends are, too.

Paisley was proposed to by Lyle.

Kennedy has Elliott and is now working to rebuild her relationship with her parents.

Elliott has Kennedy and Olivia and vice versa. Kennedy and Olivia live in our old place in New York and I'm sure if things work out between them, Elliott will probably move in at some point.

Lanie has Keema and Davina.

I'm not only happy for me, but I'm happy for everyone in my life.

We all deserve the life we have, and I love it.

*********

THE END

I'm really going to miss Scar & Kyson.

Scarlett showed the most character growth now that I realize it and I love that for her 💋

I'm sorry I dragged this story out for so long BUT HEY, it's finished now.

PLEASE, check out my Bashful Trilogy (Bashful, Wistful, & Fateful) you'll love them ❤️

Stay Safe, my loves!

Until the next one!

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Streets By Ash

Teen Fiction

5.3K 166 28
*previously was known as adopted into a family of bad boys* "I always got the blunt of the burden... I always took the blunt of the burden..." I paus...
363K 18.9K 39
Five years ago, Gabrielle left Castle Rock to follow her high school sweetheart and the father of her child to college. After he walks out of their l...
384K 6.3K 52
(Book two of the rollercoaster love series) Welcome to the continuation of Leia and Nick's story, a continuation of my take on the cliche (albeit awe...
764K 17.5K 48
MATURE CONTENT: some may say a smut overload EDITING/REWRITING One night. A night filled with passion and longing. The annual ball has finally come...