happiness begins [joe jonas]

By jonasloml

In which the girl who believes she has no reason for happiness, meets the guy who gives her a reason to smile... More

introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69

61

458 15 3
By jonasloml

Excitement was the only feeling that Emmie could express as they pulled up to the apartment complex they would be staying in for the next few days. Intrigued was an understatement. Although Joe had partially explained why they had come to Paris, Emmie had tried to connect the dots and assumed it had something to do with Valentine's Day being the following morning.

She had always believed that Paris was the city of romance. And something she knew so well- was that Joe loved love. So it would be no surprise if he had the whole trip planned out from start to finish. And of course the girls had their predictions once they had found out Emmie and Joe wouldn't be returning to New York straight away.

The couple stood in front of the tall building, standing at least five stories high. The walls were a modern off white colour, with large double windows and black railings to decorate. Emmie couldn't help but smile at the thought of Joe putting in the effort to make sure it was perfect. He had always been the type to appreciate the scenery and accommodation of each place they chose to visit.

Joe lead her into the building and inside the rooms that would be theirs for the long weekend. Emmie's eyes sparkled as the door swung open, revealing the most beautiful apartment she had ever seen.

The minimalist interior had made its way inside, continuing the modern look that had peaked her interest. Everything was perfectly in place, daylight flooding the room through the large double doors that clearly lead to smaller balcony. The area was extremely spacious, even though the furniture filled every wall. A large round coffee table stood in the center of a woven rug, surrounded by two L-shaped couches, facing the windows.

Through another set of open doors, Emmie caught glance of the bedroom, and she instantly fell in love. A golden glow soaked up the room, giving off a warm feeling. The bedsheets were thrown over the bed neatly, followed by a chunky knitted blanket, but not tight enough to look uncomfortable. Many vases of flowers decorated each room, and paintings hung upon the walls, splashing a little colour into the space.

She felt it was almost too good to be true. As Emmie stepped further into the room her eyes finally fell upon the windows that looked over the city. From one side she followed the streets below, chatter and the bustle of traffic muffled through the glass. And from the other, in the mere distance, she noticed a familiar landmark that she had only dreamed of visiting.

"It's so beautiful." She let out a a breathy whisper, still in awe of her surroundings.

Joe chuckled in response, his fingers still intertwined with hers as he slowly followed her around the apartment.

"I hoped you would think so." He grinned, "I wanted our stay to be memorable."

Emmie turned to face him with a smile, already guessing he had plans that she had yet to find out about.

"So whats on the agenda this weekend?" She giggled, watching as his eyes lit up at the question.

"Well I thought we could spend some time downtown tomorrow? Maybe go and visit somewhere more romantic?" He suggested, nodding towards the window where a clear view of the Eiffel Tower stood tall.

"It sounds like you're prepared for an adventure." She smiled at him, before turning on her feet and skipping onto the bedroom, ready to explore the place further.

Joe slowly followed her footsteps, smiling as he watched her gasp at every little aspect of the room that excited her. She carefully pulled open the doors that lead to the balcony, stepping out into the February afternoon, a cold breeze running across her skin as she exhaled.

There sat a small garden table for two, with a pair of wooden chairs. Small plant pots were placed along the edges of the railings to colour the scene.

"Wouldn't it be nice to eat out here?" Emmie asked, looking back at Joe who stood in the doorway, a soft smile on his face.

"If that's what you want to do." He nodded in response, "I'm sure we can make that happen."

Around an hour later, the small kitchen counter was covered in different ingredients needed to make a homemade pizza. Emmie had come to the decision whilst at the store, wanting to make something completely from scratch. And of course Joe was happy to help.

Emmie stood with her sleeves rolled up to her elbows, hands covered in flour as she attempted to soften the pizza dough that had definitely been made too sticky for their liking. Joe chuckled as he watched the dough stick ti her fingers, as he paced the kitchen, gathering any other ingredients they may need.

"A little help may be useful." Emmie suggested through a giggle, glancing over at him.

"Y'know, I would love to help.. But I don't like the idea of having sticky hands." He nodded down at her own hands where she held a ball of dough that still needed a lot of work.

"C'mon." She urged him, stepping closer to him, "It's all part of the fun."

Joe groaned and rolled his eyes playfully, before holding his hands out, letting her drop the messy dough ball into his palms. He almost cringed at the feel of it, making Emmie chuckle at his face.

Eventually they tackled the pizza dough, and rolled it out into their desired shapes. Whilst Emmie was focused on hers, she found herself watching the way Joe took his time, specifically to make his pizza into the shape of a heart.

"Wait, that's really cute." She smiled, admiring the effort he was putting in to make sure it was perfect.

"What can I say?" Joe grinned, "I'm a man of many talents."

"He's an artist now, huh?" Emmie played along. Joe winked at her before diverting his attention back onto the pizza that he would now refer to as his canvas.

They covered their pizzas with their chosen toppings, before leaving them to cook. Emmie wandered back onto the balcony, like she had earlier that day, except now she was able to enjoy the sunset that was slowly falling over to city.

She heard Joe approaching her from behind, as he carefully wrapped his arms around her front, resting his head on her shoulder as they stood in silence, admiring the peacefulness that washed over the streets.

"It's crazy how far we've come." Emmie said suddenly, making Joe raise his eyebrows slightly. He glanced at her with a smile that told her to continue.

"I mean.. when we first met, we were both in completely different places." She spoke, "I would never have expected us to end up where we are now."

"I'm quite happy with where we've ended up." Joe told her, "I know it's been a ride.. but I'd do it all again."

"Im proud of us." He gave her a grin.

"Me too." She mumbled, "I'm glad we have each other."

"You'll always have me." Joe reminded her, "Whether you want to talk, or just want some company. You know I'll always be here."

Emmie smiled softly, turning around to wrap her arms around him as he pulled her into a quick hug. She glanced back out at the streetlights that flickered as the sky gradually became a deep shade of purple.

"I like it here." She spoke, "Imagine what it would be like to live here."

"It would be pretty amazing." Joe agreed, his arms still holding her close, "I think we'd fit in quite well here."

"Maybe one day." Emmie promised with a smile.

"Is this another one of your big dreams?" Joe asked, a soft smile on his face as he looked at her.

Emmie shrugged in response.

"My dreams don't come true.." She reminded herself, knowing that her previous ambitions of being a photographer one day had quickly gone to waste.

"Hey!" Joe scolded her with a playful grin, "What about me? Aren't I a dream come true?"

Emmie scoffed and shoved his shoulder with a laugh.

"No but seriously, Em." Joe's voice was soft, "You're more talented than you think. And I really believe you could make it in photography if you really wanted it. You just need to change the way you see yourself. I believe in you."

"I don't know." She mumbled, still in disbelief but she wouldn't argue with him.

"I won't push you to do anything you don't want to.. but just have a think about it." Joe tried again, and this time she nodded.

"Anyway, enough serious talk." He continued, glancing back into the apartment, "I think I fancy that pizza now."

"I claim the heart!" Emmie grinned, slipping from his grasp as she rushed back inside to get first pick.

"I knew you would." Joe chuckled to himself, following her back into the warmth of the room. He watched her set down two plates onto the counter, as she rummaged through the cabinets to find glasses and everything else they would need for a meal on the balcony.

Joe stood back, lost in his thoughts. He had a good feeling about this trip. He wasn't sure whether the atmosphere of Paris was making it more exciting, or whether it was just Emmie's company. But what he did know, was that this trip was going to be a special one that neither of them would want to forget.

Because after all, tomorrow was Valentine's Day. And Joe loved love.

a/n : ahh i'm ready for an extremely wholesome chapter!!

im definitely going to go back and add photos to the start of each chapter!! it adds so much to picturing the scene and i've had so many more ideas since adding them <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 192 20
What happens when reckless meets delicacy? When a boy spending his life living in the spotlight, meets a down to earth girl? When the glamorous wes...
58.5K 800 41
I'm a sucker for fluff, comfort, and a good brotherly bond. If you're into any of that, this book is for you! Rare, and exciting. If unsure, go ahead...
122K 2.3K 49
I grew up with Joe, Nick and Kevin. I've always been in love with Joe, but he has never seen me as more than a friend. I know my chances with him are...
22.8K 193 42
Hi, I'm Allison. I've been friends ever sense Joe and I have been in first grade. After that our families became very close and we where all best fri...