[ GawinKrist ] Coffee Sweetne...

By bittersweet1618

The autumn day when we met each other... ...slowly, slowly .. you become the sweetness to my coffee. More

1. It Started With...
2. Have Dinner With Me...?
3. Want To Have Some Sweets...?
4. I'll Pick You Up
5. What Should I Do?
7. Do You Know You Look Like A Cat?
8. Have Dinner With Me...!
9. I Got Dumbed Today
10. We Just Know...But We're Close
11. Why Don't You Tell Me To Stay?
12. Let's Go To Your Favorite Bakery!
13. I Want To Hear Your Voice
14. Kiss One Person In This Room...
15. Tell Me... The Reason Of This Kiss

6. Are You At Home Now...?

65 8 1
By bittersweet1618

"Let's meet tonight, do you still remember the place where we first met?" 

When Gawin typed this message to his girlfriend two hours ago, it was impossible to measure the sadness filled in his heart.

But right now, when sitting next to her in a cake shop where they first met, when she held his hand tightly, he gradually felt calm amidst the chaos within him. In the innocence of her eyes, she was always the muse while he was the traitor of this relationship. 

So fake...

Gawin glanced at the clock hanged on the wall, it was nine o'clock, he stood up and took his jacket, "Let's go home, I'll drive you home."

'The last time I drive you home.'

Before the girlfriend could put on a disappointed face because they left early. Gawin already left the table, the wooden cake cabinet caught his attention, all the cakes inside looked sparkling and sweet. It took him a few seconds to think before he walked there and chose the two most colorful cakes.

On the way home, she kept talking about the movie that was showing in theaters and getting good responses, then the topic changed again to the fridge at her house that had been filled with Gawin's favorite food and ingredients this morning. 

If he stayed tonight, she wouldn't mind cooking for him.

Gawin just replied faintly, "I won't stay over tonight."

"From now on, I won't come here anymore, Pim." Gawin slowly stopped the car in front of her house. He saw her smile fading, the doubt and then confusion reflected in her eyes. He did not smile, nor was he angry, he just evenly looked at her.

"Today is our last date. Today is the last time I go out with you, the last time I send you home. Pim, starting tomorrow, your number will no longer be in my contact."

"Gawin, you mean..."

"Let's break up!"

A hand reached for his impatiently, trembling, her eyes filled with tears.

"What's the reason? Gawin? So you have someone else? Ah! No, you're not that kind of person, do you stop liking me? We haven't seen each other much these days. Did I do anything that you dislike? If yes, I'll fix it."

"Aren't you hiding something from me?"

"What kind of person am I, ain't you the one who knows me the most? I've been with you for a year, you know how much I love you. Gawin.."

"Pim! Are you really not hiding anything from me?"

Gawin's tone was still warm, but his eyes were calm and cold. From the way her hand paused for a few seconds on his skin, he knew she was guilty... well, part of. He knew his guess was right. He looked at her until she shed tear. Gawin, who was always sweet and tender, no longer reached out to help her wipe them away this time.

"The day I made a video call with you, you wore a thin cardigan and came out to the balcony to answer it. Who were you with that night?"

"I was with friends..."

"Pim" Gawin stared deep into her eyes, dark and watery, "I don't want to listen to lies."

The moment she lowered her head in silence, the pain that Gawin thought he couldn't handle did not come. He looked at her wet eyelashes, her shuddering body, and her trembling fingers trying to hold his hand as if it could save their broken relationship. 

He felt nothing but disappointment.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for letting the instant interest ruin our relationship, I'm sorry. I wasn't in the right mind, I didn't know when it started, just... just because I crave intimacy and affection from you, and that person suddenly appeared so... I.. I.. but I promise this is the last time, I will not contact him anymore. Gawin, can you give me a second chance?"

She cheated on him because she loved him? It turned out that love could truly change someone for the worse, the feeling of loss could make a person pathetic. Gawin brought his hand close to her face and tucked strands of hair behind her ear. Gazing at her hopeful eyes, he then withdrew his hand slowly, even the one that she was holding tightly.

"I'm sorry for making you feel insecure when being with me, I'm sorry for not treating you right, for not giving you the relationship that you wanted. But Pim, if only you could be honest about your thoughts, we would have a solution for this, not sleeping with someone else behind my back, sorry but I can't tolerate this."

Gawin gently helped her unfasten the seat belt, looking into her red, puffy eyes.

"Thank you for all the memories, let us end our story here. I'm sorry, I also accept your apology. Pim, please walk away with dignity just like the first time you came, I hope you will soon find the right person, don't contact me."

After saying that, he turned back to look at the road in front of him. He knew she was still looking at him. He knew as well she didn't want to leave even though this relationship could no longer be saved, but he just kept silent. Nothing could change his decision. 

She finally opened the door, apologized to him the last time, and stepped out of the car. As soon as hearing the sound of the door closed, Gawin decisively drove away.

He was still regretful this afternoon, but now his heart was surprisingly calm. Having been through some relationships and experiencing different feelings of breakups, he knew that his life would completely back normal in just a few days. Every time he broke up, he would sit and drink a few bottles of beer alone. 

Gawin didn't like sharing his vulnerability with others.

This time, when Gawin stopped the car and was about to bring the beer to the house, he noticed two colorful cakes he had forgotten in the back seat. The box was still pretty but surely the cakes inside were no longer delicious. 

Then he wondered, why did he buy them?

He thought of Krist when he lowered his head in front of the cake cabinet to choose two cakes for him. Gawin didn't know if the drummer liked the flavors he picked, maybe yes, because he knew Krist could smile as soon as seeing the cakes. He simply wanted to buy something that Krist liked as a 'thank you' to him, he wanted to thank him for sending that photo, in a caring and considerate way.

Krist is truly a good friend to be with.

...

"Are you at home now, P'Krist?" 

Krist picked up the call when he had just finished showering, the towel was still on his head. It had been four days since the day he sent Gawin that photo, he vaguely thought that maybe Gawin already solved it and now wanted to say thank.

"Yeah, I'm at home. What's up, Gawin?"

"Today a customer passed by and gave me some cakes. I don't eat sweets, but I remember that you like it. If you don't mind, I would bring it to you."

To be honest, by the time Gawin told Krist that, his car was already stopping in front of Krist's house. He just hoped the older wouldn't refuse and as expected, Krist happily said yes. He checked the cake box once again to see if the cakes were still okay. Gawin intended to give the cake box to the other and leave, returning to his home and sufferring the sadness throughout the night alone. 

It was late so he didn't know if Krist was free or not, mostly because he got used to being a loner.

Krist quickly opened the door and walked toward the direction where Gawin's car was parked. He leaned his head against the window and peeked through the glass. His hair was still wet from the shower, the droplets ran down on his face and peppered his shoulders, causing his eyes to wince slightly. Krist smiled brightly. He took the cake from the other but did not turn away immediately, Gawin also did not leave. 

The two of them hesitated for a while, not knowing what to say to each other, then by chance Krist spotted some bottles of beer placed in the back seat, he immediately understood. 

Gawin already broke up. 

A heartbroken person like him wouldn't drive the extra mile to Krist's house just to give him some cakes. Gawin clearly did not want to leave, he came all the way here to meet Krist, but he did not say anything, perhaps he felt shy.

"I'm so bored because Aou's not coming home today, luckily now you come and even bring me these cakes. Do you want to come in and play games? I also have snacks and beer."

Seemingly expected it without realizing it, Gawin nodded immediately at Krist's invitation. This was the first time he visited Krist's house. The smaller guy led the taller to the living room and told him to wait, waiting on the sofa. 

Krist then ran into his room to dry his hair. 

Gawin placed the wine bottle on the table full of comics and snacks, he then looked at some abstract paintings hanging on the wall, the Givenchy hoodie that Krist wore last time was draped over the back of a chair, and a few pairs of shoes that he forgot to put on the shelf.

It was completely different from Gawin's clean and tidy house, but he didn't dislike it.

In fact, he felt more comfortable here.

The loud noise of the dryer echoed from Krist's bedroom a few more minutes then turned off completely. Krist walked out with messy hair. Gawin unawarely stared at the other when he entered the kitchen and opened the fridge, actually Gawin stared at the two slippers of two different colors on Krist's feet.

"Do you want to eat something, Gawin? Lemme see... I have- um... noodles, or do you want yogurt? Fruits? Marshmallow? Ahhh great, I found some beef jerky and sausages here!"

Krist put a pile of snacks on the table before Gawin could choose something. He again looked at the slippers on Krist's feet and realized that not only was he wearing the slipper with different color on each foot, but he was also wearing the left slipper on his right foot and the right slipper on his left foot, making Gawin unable to suppress his laugh.

Krist only prepared the snacks because he knew Gawin already brought beer with him. He wanted him to be comfortable without getting too drunk. 

Krist sat down next to Gawin, who shrugged out of his jacket and slung it onto the sofa. 

Gawin asked for the bottle opener and opened beer bottles for both.

"Cheers for our friendship, Krist!"

Gawin felt that his leg has just touched a moving object when he tilted his head back to enjoy the beer. A fat hairless cat appeared on the carpet, staring at him with a pair of big, round, cautious eyes.

"It's Pluto, he's a boy, Gawin. My first son, very clingy and cute, but also naughty, sometimes he's clumsy too."

'Sure, because his owner is you, a guy who is wearing different colored slippers on the wrong sides.' 

Gawin thought and amusingly looked at them.

The dentist tried to carry the sphynx for the first time and realized it was much heavier than he thought. Pluto was a bit unfamiliar with this handsome man, so he immediately escaped from his embrace and crawled to Krist's legs wearing green sweetpants, its tail still wagged and flicked around Gawin's hand, Pluto kept looking at the stranger without blinking.

"It likes you Gawin, it's just a bit arrogant, this boy doesn't even come close to Aou."

Gawin raised his beer bottle to his lips and took a sip, then shifted his gaze to the snacks placed on the table and spoke softly as if he was revealing someone else's secret...

"I broke up today, she really has someone else, but maybe you already know that, thank you for sending me the photo."

"...Honestly, I'm not sure what to do, I don't know how I to tell you."

"Thank you for pretending like you don't know anything, P'Krist, if you told me the truth directly, I would be embarrassed."

Krist lowered his head and caressed Pluto. Gawin said that while not looking at him, so Krist knew that he was actually not as composed as he looked. Being betrayed by someone he loved somehow hurt his self-esteem, and perhaps he intended to drink alone instead of sitting here, showing his vulnerable side to the guy he's just met for less than five times.

"I did buy beer for you as well. You know, I always drank alone after my previous breakups, today I was going to give you the cake and return to drink alone again. But thank you for letting me in and being my company, I felt more comforted."

Gawin gave Krist another bottle of beer. 

"Before this current girlfriend, my ex also cheated on me, but at that time our relationship just lasted for three months, it was not that deep, so I don't understand how you truly feel now. Anyway, no one wants this to happen to them." Krist took a measured gulp and sighed.

"I do hope it won't happen to you again, and to me as well in the future." Gawin smiled. "Cheers! You said you wouldn't get drunk, right?"

"I'm pretty good at drinking beer!"

The two of them drank more beer. Because Gawin only bought six bottles, Krist had to bring out all of his beer cans from the fridge. Krist was really good at drinking. Even though Gawin was good as well, he still got drunk before the other. While Krist was blabbering about his cats, Gawin put his head on Krist's shoulder and fell asleep soundly. His shoulders were not too broad but soft, like a pillow.

From his position, Krist could see the long-curled eyelashes of the younger, he seemed much tender even though he was already tender. The corner of his lips curved up slightly like a cat, but his body was as big as a golden retriever. Krist felt like there were a cat and a dog rubbing their heads against him simultaneously, both might think that he was a warm blanket. A fat hairless cat on the left, and a six-foot long dog with a white tee and black jeans on the right. Because Krist drank a lot and was tired after a long day of teaching drum lessons for artists in the studio, he ended up sleeping while getting stuck between Pluto and Gawin...

...and his mouth was smeared with cake crumbs.

[ END CHAP 6 ]

---

p.s: i will take a short break due to Lunar New Year, so please wait for me ^^

Happy Lunar New Year, everyone~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 217 16
Krist Perawat a uni student , second year,broken hearted by his ex Singto ,he gets comfort from his friend Mike. Gawin , a new student ,friends with...
259K 8.1K 185
What if a PokΓ©mon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
14.1K 601 12
Taehyung and Jimin have been friends for as long as they can remember but suddenly things go a bit strange for the two. But most importantly can dum...
3.1K 74 6
Thanks for coming into my life Thanks for making me smile like crazy Thanks for making me happy Thanks for everything Take care of yourself until we...