Bullet From A Gun

By DaydreamAwayxx

[second book in the criminal series] Zayn hasn't changed a bit. He's still the same bad boy I fell in love w... More

Description & Trailer
00: Fast Car
01: Back From the Dead
02: Born Hell Bound
03: Like A Rollercoaster Ride
04: Forgive My Sin
06: Right Next To You
07: Nowhere We Can Hide
08: Don't Be Mad
09: Drop All Your Worries
10: Been Here Before
11: For You
12: Irresistible
13: If You Go, I Go
14: Good Ones Go
15: So Now Run
16: Tear It Apart
17: Almost Got It Right
18: I Hate You, Don't Leave Me
19: An Unfortunate Consequence
20: Just You and Me
21: This is Love
22: Settle Down
23: Demons
24: Misery
25: Everybody's Watching Me
26: Going Through the Motions
27: Maybe I'm a Liar
28: In a Burning Room
29: Don't Look Back
30: I'm Yours
The Playlist
thank you & third book details

05: Confident Coward

18.6K 556 106
By DaydreamAwayxx

05: Confident Coward

Zayn glares at him. Not only is he sitting on his car, but he’s just pissing him off in general. First, he interrupts them and now he's going to be up his ass about not seeing his daughter.

“What the hell do you want?” Zayn asks him.

Sonny smirks. “I want to know why the hell you think it’s okay to sneak into my house and fuck my daughter.”

“First of all, didn't sneak in; she let me in and second, I didn't fuck her,” Zayn tells him through his gritted teeth.

Sonny chuckles and stand up off the car. “Listen Zayn, my daughter is the only family I have right now. And I can tell you, right now, she needs me as much as I need her.”

“She doesn't need you,” Zayn says sternly.

“Oh, but she does. I am her father, whether you like it or not.”

“You're a pretty shitty father if you ask me,” Zayn tells him fearlessly.

“Why don't you keep your mouth shut and let me finish?” Sonny asks rhetorically.

Zayn rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. “Continue on with your bullshit lies.”

“Listen kid, I don't care what you say, I don't want you seeing her anymore.”

“I love her more than you ever will. You can't stop me from seeing her.”

Sonny scoffs. “Yeah, sure ya do. I know what type of guy you are, Zayn. Once upon a time, I used to be the same thing. Do you know what that means? You really don't give two shits about her. She's just an easy fuck and one day you’ll leave her, break her heart, or even get her killed; and that can’t happen.”

“You don’t fucking know anything about us. I would never do anything like that to her,” Zayn says, getting in his face.

“Really? Because last time I checked, you did all three of those things,” he says, smirking evilly.

“I saved her from you,” he replies in a low tone, clenching his fists.

“And look how that worked out for you.”

Zayn stares at him. “Why the hell do you even want her with you, anyway? You don’t care about her. She’s just a burden to you. Why are you doing this to her? She doesn't even like you. She's scared of you. What kind of father are you? Scaring the shit out of tie own daughter. It's pathetic how you're still trying when she doesn't want you.”

“I'm not having this argument with you, Zayn. Just stay far away from her,” Sonny tells him as he starts towards his building.

“I don't take orders from you anymore. Sorry, chief,” Zayn says sarcastically.

Sonny turns around to him, stalking back over to him. “You need to get in your car and leave and don’t come back. ‘Cause if you do, it’s not gonna be good for you.”

“What would you do to me? Kill me? Because that would go over great with your daughter who loves me and not you.”

Sonny just smirks. “I’d hit the road.” With that, he turns on his heal and leaves.

Zayn rolls his eyes and gets in his car. “Fucking asshole,” he mutters to himself as he drives himself the way back to his shared apartment.

He storms up the stairs and unlocks the door, swinging it open then slamming it closed again.

“Who the hell is slamming the door?” Harry called from their small living room.

Zayn throws his keys down on the coffee table and sits next to Harry on the sofa. Zayn sits with his arms crossed, staring straight ahead at the television.

Harry stares at him. “I would ask what's wrong but based on your sex hair, I'm assuming she's not to good in the sack.”

Zayn glares at him.

“But with that massive love bit on your neck, I'm not so sure,” Harry tells him with a smirk. “What happened?”

“Fucking Sonny, what's what happened,” Zayn tells him before leaving the room and going into the kitchen.

Harry follows him, leaning against the counter as he watches Zayn snatch a beer from the refrigerator. He crosses his arms across his chest as Zayn chugs down the can.

“Why would you fuck Sonny?” Harry asks, like the smart ass that he is.

Zayn glares at him and chucks the can at Harry's head. Harry ducks and chuckles.

“I didn't fuck him, you dumbass,” Zayn tells him as he tries to fix his hair.

“Then why are you so pissy?” Harry asks him.

“Because he decided to get home early and AJ and I...” Zayn pauses, feeling a bit awkward talking about something that is now so intimate to him now. In his past relationships, anything sexual was just a one time thing. It was usually in and out within an hour without feelings or attachment. But now, every emotion in Zayn’s body is involved and feelings were the last thing he wants to talk about with his friend.

“Well? You and AJ what? What were you two doing?” Harry asks, growing impatience.

Zayn groans in frustration. “We were doing things…”

Harry rolls his eyes. “Sexual things?” he asks, raising his eye brows. “Zayn, we’re not going to get anywhere with this conversation if you don tell me what happened.”

He sighs. “Were close and then he came back.”

“Close as in-”

“No, not like that,” Zayn quickly corrects him. “Close as in we were about to, but we had to stop. So we ended up not doing anything,”

“So then why are pissed at Sonny, other than the obvious reasons?”

“Because he told me to stay away from her,” Zayn tells him.

“I know that’s not going to stop you from seeing her. So, what’s really wrong?”

“If he catches me, he’s going to warrant for my death. You already know how he works. He already tried to kill me once and I know he’s not afraid to try again.”

“Are you scared of him? Is that the problem?” Harry asks.

“No, but she’s scared of him.”

“Then why don’t you kill him?” Harry asks, seriously.

Zayn scoffs. “You’re mental,” he tells him, walking out of the kitchen.

Harry follows him. “I’m serious, Zayn. You know his routes and his habits. I mean, you worked for him for years. It wouldn’t be that hard. Plus, I could help you kill the bastard. It would be an honor.”

Zayn turns to him. “I can’t. If I get caught, I’ll be sent for life. I can’t do that to her,” he tells him. “And you can’t kill him either,” he adds seriously.

“You really love this girl a lot, huh?”

Zayn nods. “I do,” he confesses. “But I don’t know what the hell to do. I want to protect her, but I’m going to get one of us killed if I try to.”

Harry sighs, pushing his curls out of his eyes. “There’s nothing you can do?” he asks.

“Not really. I can see her at work. But even then, he probably has somebody watching her,” Zayn says. “All I want to know is why and what he wants with her.”

“He’s just doing it so you can’t be happy. Ever since you left, you know he’s been trying to get his revenge from when you stopped working for him.”

Zayn rolls his eyes. “He’s so annoying.”

Harry sighs. “So then what are you going to?”

Zayn shrugs. “I don’t know. I can’t not see her.”

“You better think of something quick,” he suggests.

“Like what?” Zayn asks.

“Well, other than killing him, you could turn him in.”

“Then he’d get me arrested, too,” Zayn points out.

“Never mind that idea then,” Harry mutters. “What about kidnapping her?”

Zayn looks at him. “You want me to kidnap my girlfriend?” he asks him, staring at him for making such an idiotic suggestion.

“I’m serious.”

“How would that work?”

“I don’t know,” Harry shrugs. “In the middle of the night you go and grab her.”

Zayn laughs. “Alright, Harry. I’ll kidnap her tonight,” he says sarcastically.

Harry rolls his eyes. “She doesn’t want to live with him anyway, I don’t think she’d mind.”

“But he would.”

“Since when are so scared of him, Zayn?” Harry asks.

“Since he can kill her and it’ll be completely out of my control!” he tells him. “Listen, Harry, I appreciate your help, but I can’t risk anything happening to her. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if something happened to her. You saw how I got at the hospital. I don’t like getting like that, Harry.”

“Well, if you don’t do anything to try and get her away from him, you might as well break up with her. There’s no point in staying with her.”

“I’m not going to break up with her.”

“Then figure something out because I’m tired of you complaining about him,” Harry tells him.

“I don’t complain about him,” Zayn tells him.

“What are you doing right now?” he challenges.

“Shut up,” Zayn mutters.

“Hey, why don’t you have Aston date her as a cover up?” Harry suddenly suggests.

Zayn scoffs. “That’s funny,” he tells him before going off to his room.

Harry follows behind. “Why not? He could pick her up and drop her off,” he tells him.

Zayn throws himself on his bed and looks at Harry. “I don’t want him anywhere near here, we’ve already been through this.”

He sighs. “Well, I still think kidnapping her is the best idea.”

“Where the hell would I even bring her?” Zayn asks.

Harry shrugs. “Here.”

“Clever idea, very well thought out.”

“Fine, then don’t see her,” he tells him before walking off.

Zayn groans and closes his door. He sighs and lays back down on his bed. He stares at his phone for a few seconds before he decides to call AJ. He rolls over on his stomach as he waits for her to answer the phone. She finally answers on the last ring.

“Hello?”

“Hey, babe,” Zayn says happily at the sound of her voice.

“Hi,” she says quietly, barely audible.

He furrows his eyebrows. “What’s wrong?” he asks.

“N-nothing. I’m fine, Zayn,” she says quietly.

“Then why are you whispering?”

“I’m not,” she says a little louder.

“AJ, what’s wrong?” Zayn asks again.

“Nothing,” she repeats.

“Annie, tell me what happened. You’re starting to scare me.”

“I thought you didn’t get scared?” She teases.

“I’m serious,” he says sternly. “What’s wrong?”

She sniffles. “He threatened me.”

Zayn sat up in his bed. “What?”

“He threatened me,” she repeats quietly.

He stands up and tugs on his hair. “What did he say?”

“He said that if I see you again, he’s going to cut me off.”

“Cut you off? What’s that mean? Cut off your money? Cut off what?” Zayn asks frantically. He prays that he meant cut off her money because the only way he knew of the term was to cut off someone’s life.

“I don’t know. I didn’t ask. I- He wasn’t specific. I didn’t want to find out, to be honest. And he was drinking, too.”

“Did you tell Andy?” Zayn asks, desperately trying to get answers.

“Yes.”

“What did he say?”

“I’m spending the night at his.”

Zayn lets out a breath. “I’m coming over there,” he tells her.

“No! Don’t! He’ll hurt you!”

“I should be the last of your worries,” he tells her. “Listen to me,” he tells her.

“But, Zayn-”

“Stop, listen, AJ. Stay in your room and do not go anywhere near him. And I mean it. I’m coming over there. Keep your window unlocked and call me if anything, got it?”

Silence.

“Babe?” Zayn asks into the phone. “AJ?”

“Okay, fine,” she says.

“Please, just don’t move. I don’t want him near you,” he begs.

“I won’t, I promise.”

“Okay, I’ll be there as soon as I can,” he tells her. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” She says before the line goes dead.

Zayn quickly puts his phone away and rushes over to Harry. “give me the keys to the safe,” he tells him.

Harry looks at him for a moment. “For what? We only have our-” he stops himself. “What happened?” he asks seriously.

“He threatened to cut her off if she sees me again,” Zayn tells him.

“What are you going to do?” Harry asks as he walks into the kitchen.

“I don’t know yet, but I have to go over there,” Zayn tells him.

Harry finds the key to the safe taped to the side of the cutlery draw and hands it to Zayn. “Do you want me to go with you?” he asks.

“If you want to,” Zayn says before he walks to the small hall closet.

Harry slips his shoes on and grabs his phone and house keys. “I’m going to make sure you don’t get yourself arrested again, seeing that you don’t want to be apart from her.”

Zayn smiles at him. “Thanks,” he tells him as he unlocks the safe. He reaches inside and grabs what he needs. “Do you-”

“Yeah,” Harry answers, already knowing the question. He takes the cold hand gun from Zayn. “I haven’t used this little guy in a while,” he comments as Zayn locks the empty safe.

Zayn chuckles, hiding his behind his belt, like always. “Well don’t get your hopes up because you might not use it at all.”

“I’m not,” Harry smirks as they leave their apartment.

---

Okay, there you guys go!

So Zayn and Sonny… and then AJ and Sonny. Sonny is just a jerk, I really do hate him. What do you guys think is going to happen? Think Zayn will do anything to him? Anybody think he should “kidnap” her like Harry said?

Also, hiiii guys, so just thought I’d thank you alllll for voting for Criminal in the @/One_Direction_Awards because I really love you all and it came in first place and I’m actually crying omg. I’ve never won anything before and this is really amazing.

Okay, so thank you all again. I love you guys so much, you don’t even understand.

Asdfghjkl.

Okay, comment, vote & fan lovelies(:

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 148 45
Skylar is a girl who is 17 and has a painful past. Her parents are both alcoholics and once in awhile do drugs. And once Skylar gets tired of arguing...
678K 12.7K 17
[first book in the criminal series] I'm in love with the Bradford bad boy. He sells drugs and he's a hustler. He carries a knife and has a gun in his...
443K 19.8K 53
[BOOK 1] mr. payne: the dilf - "Nasty boys love giving head. Are you a nasty boy?" zayn nods his head frantically, "I'm your nasty boy, daddy." or...
31.2K 1.7K 51
[Major Warning โš ๏ธ :- I wrote this book when i was a teen and as English isn't my first language, i wasn't that familiar with terms or words. I'll sta...