Only Time

Por OlgaPinsky

(An Official Wattpad Fan fiction) Follow Hedraliel, Legolas' wife as she gives a first hand account on how th... Más

Wattpad Awards
Only Time
Prologue
Ch. 1 ~ The First Meeting
Ch. 2 ~ Rising Dark
Ch. 3 ~ Encounter
Ch. 4 ~ Thoughts (Legolas' POV)
Ch. 5 ~ The Kiss
Ch. 6 ~ Seeing You
Ch. 7 ~ Haldir
Ch. 8 ~ Sorrow
Ch. 9 ~ Revelations
Ch. 10 ~ Thranduil
Ch. 11 ~ Forgive Me (Legolas' POV)
Ch. 12 ~ Heart to Heart
Ch. 13 ~ Understanding
Ch. 14 ~ Alliances
Ch. 15 ~ Love Surpasses All Boundaries
Ch. 16 ~ Healing
Ch. 17 ~ Nymphs
Ch. 18 ~ Separation
Ch. 19 ~ Melchel
Ch. 20 ~ Strider
Ch. 21 ~ No More Secrets!
Ch. 22 ~ Securing the One Ring
Ch. 23 ~ Fellowship of 9
Ch. 24 ~ Half-Elven
Ch. 25 ~ Protection
Ch. 26 ~ Splintered
Ch. 27 ~ The Tide Has Turned
Ch. 28 ~ Helm's Deep
Ch. 29 ~ Aftermath
Ch. 30 ~ Grief
Ch. 31 ~ Secret Meeting
Ch. 32 ~ Fighting Against the Blinding Sun
Ch. 33 ~ Sacrifice
Ch. 34 ~ In Between
Ch. 36 ~ Letter (Thranduil's POV)
Ch. 37 ~ Gift (Legolas' POV)
Ch. 38 ~ Our Wedding Day
Ch. 39 ~ Wedding Night
Ch. 40 ~ Farewell Ada (Legolas' POV)
Ch. 41 ~ Special Secret Mission
Ch. 42 ~ Good Things
Ch. 43 ~ The Birth
Ch. 44 ~ The Sea Calls Us Home
Ch. 45 ~ Orthanc
Ch. 46 ~ Last Sunset
Ch. 47 ~ The Last Goodbye
Epilogue

Ch. 35 ~ A Ranger Becomes King

1.3K 34 14
Por OlgaPinsky

As I sat looking out of the window of my room in the House of Healing, the grandeur of Minas Tirith was spread before me and the moon was high in the sky. There were celebrations below of the victory over Sauron and his One Ring. The black clouds of Mordor receded into nothingness. I looked down at the parchment lying on the table before me as I held the quill pen in hand. I had gone over everything I had written a few times and was satisfied that everything was properly put and would not be over looked especially by the reader of whom I intended to have this letter delivered to. I knew that once I signed my name, I would set the wheels in motion and there was no turning back.

Just as I finished signing my full name, I heard a knock at my door that startled me, I turned quickly in my chair with my hand on my chest as I noticed Faramir standing there with a small smile on his face as he bowed to me.

"Forgive me Princess, I did not mean to startle you." I nodded and smiled back as I stood up from my seat and rolled up the parchment which I tied neatly yet securely with a strong string.

"It is alright Faramir, please come in. I am done with my letter and it must leave at once if it has any hope of getting to where it is meant to go."

He nodded and signaled to one of his soldiers who came up to him clicked his heels to Faramir and bowed to me though stiffly as his armor prevented him from doing it more fluidly. I handed the letter to the soldier and gave him explicit instructions that no matter what, he himself had to hand the letter to the king and to use my name as often as necessary to get it accomplished. I emphasized that a lot was riding on the outcome that this letter and what its contents contained. The soldier listened carefully, bowed again, took the letter, and moments later we heard him on his steed galloping down toward the main gate as he flew towards the moon in the sky as fast as his horse could carry him. Sensing my growing unease, Faramir quickly tried to reassure me:

"Do not fret, Princess, he is one of my best and fastest men and couriers. If anyone can get that letter to Mirkwood in record time, it is him." I smiled and then cocked my head at him.

"Thank you for that. I would however prefer if you called me Hedraliel instead of Princess. We are not that far apart in lineage only in species and mortality. Besides, I would like to think of you as a friend. And there is no need for formalities amongst friends." He looked a little shocked as he stepped a little more into the room.

"That is most kind of you, Prin-I mean Hedraliel." He looked down as I laughed a little.

"That is better. So how is Eowyn doing? I have seen you together a lot lately and I have to say that I am quite pleased with that." I looked at him with a kind smile as he eyes shone brightly; it was very obvious that he had fallen in love with her. I very much hoped she had come to the same conclusion.

"She is all healed and agreed to marry me. We will live here until Ithilian is rebuilt and then we shall cross the river to live a peaceful life where she will grow a garden. That is my greatest wish and she will be my White Lady for life." He spoke softly as my smile deepened.

"That is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you both. You so deserve to be happy after what you have been through. After everything Middle Earth has been through." He nodded then.

He heard his name being called than and I said I must change for the ceremony that would happen with the first light. I was still wearing the white dress I had woken up in post battle and my trip to the in between. But this was Aragorn's coronation and I had to be as regal as possible. Thankfully, someone had thought to put different kinds of gowns into the armoire that stood in the corner of my room. I opened it and found exactly what I was looking along with something glistening in the corner.

The gown I had chosen was gold and silver and quite appropriate for the ceremony to come. I dug in the closet until I found my headpiece, the one I wore in battle but I found that my aunt Galadriel had done a very tricky thing. The way she had the headpiece reconstructed was in a way that the armor could come off and the headpiece would remain simple, unassuming, and yet showing that it belonged on the head of a royal elf. I quickly unhooked the armor plating and tossed it back into the closet with a clang as I thanked my uncanny aunt in my thoughts. She just always knew what I would need.

I went into the other room and closed the door. I bathed, dressed myself before the long mirror, and braided my hair just right so that the headpiece would fit just the way I liked it and put on flat souled shoes. My hair was always brushed out stick straight and today was no exception. As the moon started to hide to be replaced by the sun, I watched it rise very slowly into the sky. Today was Aragorn's coronation; my goodness, just how far we have all come from the days of yore. A cough interrupted my thoughts as I saw Faramir once again standing at my door, I bade him entrance. He was holding something shiny and silver in his hands.

"I brought you a gift, Hedraliel. I know as a warrior I feel almost naked without my sword and with your gown, you do not have anywhere to put her. Everyone in the land knows how you and Altherial are one. So this special belt with a holster we think is perfect for you so you can have her during the ceremony or anywhere else you may require it."

"We?" I asked as I absorbed the shock of what he was saying. By no means did he have to give me anything especially not a gift. He smiled than and motioned behind him as Eowyn stepped around and joined him in the room.

"Eowyn and I thought this would help."

"This is beyond thoughtful and I do not know how to thank you." As he brought it toward me and I took the belt from him; the embroidery was beautiful; silver with just enough gold to match my current gown and many others I wore back home.

"Please, tis the least we can do for helping save us and bring Faramir and me together even when I was too stubborn to see it." Eowyn said with a carefree smile; the first I have ever seen on her.

"Eowyn, will you help me put it on, everyone must be getting ready for the coronation."

"Of course, I would be honored to."

She said still smiling as she took the belt and put it around my waist and tied it not too tightly at my left corner. The holster matched the belt which when it moved made it almost invisible; plus it gave off just enough sparkle not to be overpowering. She then got Altherial which she had plucked from a nearby table and properly handed her to me. I removed her from her usual holster with a swift swoosh and briefly closed my eyes at the sound. I had not held her since that day....the day the war ended and nearly ended me too. The runes glowed dimly making me aware that I had not exactly gathered my full strength. But holding her in my hand when I opened my eyes and smiled at the two people staring at me in awed silence; made me feel like myself once more.

I then swung her around a few times and holstered her into the beautiful one now attached to the belt by the gift given to me. Just as we were ready to leave, I put on a translucent shawl with gold embroidery and remembered to remove the Greenleaf broach from the old holster to attach to the new one. Now the full regal look was complete and we exited my room.

"People have started to arrive already." Faramir nodded toward the bottom of a stairway as we watched as many men arrived from different lands and were led along with their steeds to their proper locations.

Suddenly, I felt an overwhelming feeling to walk forward which I did on my own to yet another stairway as the other two slowly followed me. When I got to that stairwell, I understood why I had been pulled in that direction. Below me, the elves had arrived but most importantly, my blooded kin. Arwen, who was standing docilely next to her ada, my uncle all of a sudden, snapped her head up toward where I stood looking at her with tears gathering in my eyes. She gasped and shoved the flag mast she was hiding behind at an elf standing next to her. Her gasp brought my uncle's head around as he too stood transfixed by the sight slightly above him. By that time, tears were sliding down my face as well as Arwen's. I did not wait any longer as I made my way hastily down the stairs and into my cousin's arms first and then my uncle's as both whispered towards the heavens in Elvish.

"Thank the Valar, you are alive and alright."

They just kept repeating it over and over. The three of us were connected by a group hug and when I looked for Elrohir, uncle Elrond whispered that once he knew his sister was going to be alright, he finally fulfilled his purpose and sailed to Valinor. He sent his love to me with hopes of seeing each other many years in the future. I blessed him silently then. Once we parted and all of the tears were dried, I was promptly scolded by both for going on such a dangerous mission but I just smiled knowingly at them. Just then, Mithrandir appeared at the top of the stairs and welcomed my uncle:

"Welcome my Lord Elrond and your kin (winking at me not so subtly as I smiled) we are pleased to have you come."

"We appreciate the warm welcome for we have come from the lands of Rivendell and Lothlorien to see a ranger become king as it was meant to be and unite the lands of men in Middle-Earth in peace at long last."

"Indeed, we have much to celebrate. Now please follow me for we are ready to begin."

I walked with my kin, passing Eowyn and Faramir on the way and winking at them as they smiled at me. As we climbed the stairs, I carefully hid Arwen behind the flag and mast she was to carry as the big surprise for the newly crowned king. Legolas was waiting for me and the rest of the elves up top and took my hand which he promptly kissed as he and my uncle bowed to each other in formal welcome. Up until that point I had no idea where he was all night but I had guessed probably helping Aragorn prepare.

Finally, we were all assembled, we watched a fully groomed Aragorn receive his crown and be blessed by Mithrandir as he turned around and the white tree that had been assumed dead by many started to blossom as its petals floated in the breeze. Aragorn then started to sing in Elvish and walk past his gathered flock with Gimli right beside him. Finally he stopped half way as Legolas approached him with me at his side. The rest of the elves were standing directly behind. As Aragorn thanked Legolas for absolutely everything even silently for those kinds of words after everything they had been through from the days back with the Dunedain were just impossible to find.

Instead Legolas simply shifted his eyes to the right lightly which got Aragorn's attention at just the right moment. He focused on a lock of black hair and a face hidden behind the flag and mast. Arwen looked down and then shot a quick glance as I nodded encouragement quick enough for only her to see. As my uncle looked on standing in a way both between and behind us, I turned just slightly to him and whispered:

"Let her go." To which he nodded and in turn a little loudly as Aragorn finally saw her full face said:

"Go to him". In Uncle Elrond's mind, now Aragorn could have his daughter for his wife because he had proven himself not just as a leader and king but as a hero of men.

Arwen got closer to Aragorn and her breathing was shallow I could tell she was very nervous. Legolas stood back at this point and took hold of my hand as we both watched them with smiles on our faces. She bowed slowly to him but he did not let her as he took the flag away and kissed her hungrily as we all clapped though I had to shove my uncle a bit to get that going which made me giggle. Aragorn then led Arwen back toward the staircase of the main great hall. After the company bowed to the four hobbits who bravely saved us all, we elves walked toward the stairs and stood in a different formation much to the confusion of the love birds in front until Mithrandir explained.

"Well everyone is here, why not we finish this coronation with a wedding?" Neither Aragorn nor Arwen were expecting this one but kissed and hugged and accepted gratefully.

Uncle Elrond and I stepped forward then and Legolas stepped just behind me. I looked at the female elf on my right with a wink and she produced a bouquet of flowers I had asked her to bring from Rivendell. I then called Arwen's name and tossed it to her while Uncle Elrond produced the specially forged wedding bands. Both now king and bride looked at us with stunned expressions:

"But Ada how did you know?" Arwen asked her father who just tapped his temple and then moved his head in my direction while all I did was smile. I really was my aunt's kin. All the cryptic secrets were beginning to rub off on me. Arwen shook her finger at me then and laughed.

"Do not worry, in a few days it will be your turn! Grandmother Galadriel has started the preparations already." As she said that, I closed my eyes as I felt Legolas squeeze my hand tightly. When we heard gasps coming from many of our friends in the crowd, I turned toward them then and with tears in my eyes said:

"She is right my friends, Legolas and I are to wed a mere 2 days from now. And this wedding has been a century literally in the making. We promised my uncle, aunt, Legolas' father, and each other that we would not wed until peace was restored to all of Middle-Earth and now that it has been; our promise has been fulfilled to all. You are all cordially invited to Rivendell to attend our wedding in two days."

I finished with tears streaming down my cheeks and a hand over my heart; Legolas had tears in his eyes as well. I wiped mine own with my kerchief and sniffled a bit as I watched many nod in silent acknowledgement that they would attend our special day as well. The first to lighten the moment was Gimli:

"Watch my only elven friend get wed finally to his beautiful lady, aye count me in laddie!" Everyone laughed.

Finally, Mithrandir cleared his throat to begin the ceremony as we all stood in quiet attention until he turned to Uncle Elrond and myself and asked a very important question:

"Who gives this woman to be wed to the king today?"

Uncle Elrond had to clear his throat as it was thick with emotion before he answered as I rubbed his arm.

"I, her father, Elrond Lord of Rivendell give my only daughter Arwen Undomiel to this man to love, honor, and cherish for as long the heavens permit." His voice broke on the last part. He was still getting used to his daughter giving up her immortality.

"Oh Ada." She whispered as tears slid down her cheeks. I had been looking down but I knew it was my turn to speak.

"I, her cousin, Hedraliel Anorithilian Princess of Rivendell and Lothlorien very happily give Arwen Undomiel to King Aragorn son of Arathorn for as long as they both shall live and may they be blessed in this life and many that follow."

I finished strongly and more formally then my uncle so in a way I did that for both of us. Arwen winked at me then and said:

"You forgot the warrior princess part." I rolled my eyes then.

"My name and title took half an hour just to say. I think tis enough." I replied to chuckles from the crowd.

After that, there were no further interruptions as Mithrandir continued with the ceremony and pronounced them husband and wife as well as King and Queen of Gondor. Arwen would have a crown made to look just like Aragorn's (who would take the name of Elessar though many of us never called him that) but more feminine and fitting an elven lady proper. But that was for later. After they exchanged the rings that my uncle brought and finally kissed, the crowd cheered.

Arwen then took a swing and threw the bouquet of flowers straight at me which I caught but said no way as I was already getting married. Then narrowing my eyes just as a small vision popped into my head, chucked the bouquet with aim backwards and spun around to see whether it landed in the arms of my intended target and sure enough it did; Samwise Gamgee who was as red as a tomato as everyone clapped and laughed. He looked up at me then as I smiled my ever knowing smile and said:

"Courage Sam that is all you need."

My message was cryptic to everyone but Sam who quickly understood and nodded as I turned my back to him again while the others I am very sure questioned my sanity. No matter. These last 12 hours I had set wheels in motion in every direction of Middle-Earth and I knew everything would turn out alright; at least I hoped it would. There was that little bit of uncertainty. Once the ceremony was over, we all proceeded into the great hall for a feast so grand that I had not seen in many eons all in honor of the new king, his new wife and queen. Merry and Pippin ran around like children with real human children who thought that hobbits were funny looking.

Everyone toasted and drank, the men more than the women. I had a glass of red wine which was rare for me but this was a celebration after all. I stood off to the side watching elves chatting with men and Gimli being the center of attention as he took on anyone who was willing to partake in his drinking game. Eomer and I exchanged a knowing and happy glance. It was assumed that he would ascend to the throne of Rohan now that his sister was happy with Faramir. I hoped that he too would find himself a mate to settle down with as it seemed just about everyone was paired off.

I saw Legolas chatting with Aragorn in the corner and when he saw me looking, he winked at me. I knew that look all too well. It would be our turn soon. Just then, Faramir appeared out of nowhere and whispered in my ear that the letter had been delivered successfully and the recipient of it was reading when the courier left. I thanked him profusely again for his help. Of which he just said it was his pleasure and moved along to get some brew with his men. I looked out into the distance, my eyes not focusing on anything; knowing full well it was now out of my hands. I did my part and the rest was up to whom I had written the letter to. I smiled to myself. This world was really full of unknowns even for us seers.

"What was that all about?" Legolas came up behind me as I was leaning against a column. Before I could answer, I felt another pair of hands around my waist as I was spun away and Arwen told Legolas.

"None of your business. You gentlemen have your conversations and we have ours. I do not think you will mind at all if I steal your future bride for a little bit."

She did not wait for an answer but grabbed my arm and whisked me up the stairs and away from the party downstairs as Legolas just stood there perplexed wondering what just happened. He knew I was hiding something from him because Faramir certainly was not a woman but at that point he was not going to go against both Arwen and me as he knew that was not a battle he was going to win especially between two cousins as close as sisters. I giggled a bit looking at his face and then we escaped the great hall altogether and ran to the white tree laughing like young girls.

The tree was blooming and smelled divine. But Arwen captured my hands and brought me close to her then:

"So what was all that really about with Faramir; you know I will not tell even though Ada probably knows already." I thought about it for a second and then decided to tell her. I whispered it into her ear as her eyes grew wide first in shock and then in wonder.

"Is there nothing you are afraid to try?" She asked then as my smile answered her question.

"Everyone deserves closure." Is all I said.

We spun around like young girls in the middle of this stone city until we got dizzy enough to stop and we laughed. We spoke of our childhood dreams and how slowly but surely they were coming true. I bowed to her once and she scolded me and said that no matter where she lived or I lived, I was not allowed to bow to her. I reminded her that she was a queen now but she said she did not care. Family did not bow:

"Especially not the warrior princess." She said with a snort.

"Said the goblin." We said in unison and burst out laughing remembering that evening so many eons ago. We did not even realize Eowyn watching us until we stopped. I beckoned her to come forth. She was the only other woman with any royal blood there.

"I did not want to intrude but for the first time in my life, I was actually truly tired of being among men." She said with a laugh as we joined her.

"See? Things do change." I said and she nodded at me. I had shown Arwen the belt and holster Eowyn and Faramir gave me and Arwen pointed out how perfect it was for me.

The three of us sat on the grass very lady like and spoke of our futures and children and what we were going to do now. Arwen especially teased me mercilessly saying I was going to stay buried in Rivendell's library now that there was no longer any enemy to fight. I swatted her with my hand as we three laughed. We both told Eowyn stories of us growing up as she listened in wonder. I knew how much she wanted to dislike Arwen for being the one Aragorn had wanted all along but it was as plain as day that she simply could not. My cousin was just that lovable. I wondered out loud at one point if the men would even notice our absence and after how long. I knew we had already been out there for a few hours as it had started to darken. Arwen started to get up and answer and slipped on her gown and fell down again as the three of us burst into laughter. And we were not even the ones drinking!

"Perhaps you need help getting up, my queen."

Aragorn answered my question as he held his hand out to Arwen who accepted it gratefully. I noticed both Legolas and Faramir standing next to him with smiles on their faces. They were all relaxed and obviously thrilled to see us enjoying ourselves. Eowyn and I got up with the help of our mates as well. As soon as I was standing, Legolas wrapped his arms around my waist not even pretending anymore. The point was clear; "Mine".

Not like the others wanted me but it was still him being his protective self. When Eowyn and Arwen shivered about the same time, we knew it was time to call it a night. So we three couples with our arms around our mates walking shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the group walked back down the stairs and toward our private quarters which for Eowyn and I still meant the House of Healing. We all hugged one another and congratulated the newly married couple before heading into our own chambers for the night. I walked in and Legolas shut the door behind him.

Then without saying a word, he came up to me, put his hands to my face as if trying to memorize each feature, and kissed me more passionately than he had ever before. I knew then that I was not the only one done waiting for our wedding night. But what a wonderful day and celebration it had been so far and in two days?

It would be our turn.....

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

176K 2.1K 33
Y/n, Daughter of Elrond has been a strong and independent elf all her life. She sets out on a journey to destroy the one ring along with the other me...
179K 8.7K 46
A shadow lies on Thranduil and his forest, and only a power stronger than the darkness of old can save them. Grief and loss have turned him into a ki...
14.3K 362 21
A vision caused me to run from my home to one from my past. I traveled day and night to a place of refuge, Rivendell. And from then on my life change...
218K 9.9K 41
***BOOK II of the To Live Again Saga*** Clara has overcome much to finally find her happily ever after...but when is anything happily ever after in M...