DEVIL'S DAUGHTER, the vampire...

By voidfaye

เผ‰โ€งโ‚Šหš. ๐’…๐’†๐’—๐’Š๐’'๐’” ๐’…๐’‚๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’†๐’“ no use in fighting ... More

DEVIL'S DAUGHTER
GRAPHICS GALLERY
ACT I , RETURN OF DEATH
000 , prologue
001 , it all starts with death
002 , mr. self-righteous
003 , first ( non-death ) accident
004 , hot older brothers
005 , disastrous dinner
006 , dead teacher
007 , founders party

008 , uncovered secrets

792 50 6
By voidfaye

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

DEVIL'S DAUGHTER , voidfaye
008. uncovered secrets

ASTERIA sat on the rooftop, writing in her journal, which she spelled to look like a normal diary entry if anyone were to take a peak. Last night, she had woken up with all her memories of her past life. It was disturbing, to say the least. Since the moment she was aware of her surroundings, she just knew things. And as the years went on, she would know things she hadn't learned. She would know words that didn't exist in this world. Words that did magical things. But she also knew to hide that knowledge. So she did, writing those words down into a journal, in case she needed to use it again, but after last night, she would have no more use for it. For she remembered everything.

     She remembered a past life filled with anger and betrayal.

     She remembered being so loved by her mother and father. Her grandparents. Her godfather. Her godmother.

     She remembered watching a manno a monster — kill her mother when she shielded her with her own body. She remembered being struck by a killing curse, only to be rebounded at the monster. She remembered being sent to her vile aunt and uncle, suffering under their care for more than ten years. She remembered the joy of being able to do magic, only for it all to come crumbling down when she learned about her fame. She remembered making friends, only to have them stab her in the back in the end.

     She remembered the monster's name. His name was Voldemort. Well technically speaking, his name was Tom Marvolo Riddle, but apparently, it wasn't giving dark lord vibes so he changed it to a name meaning flight of death, which honestly was quite pathetic.

     She remembered facing challenges every year she attended Hogwarts. She remembered how quickly the population changed their opinions about her. One moment she was their beloved savior, the next she was the next up-and-coming budding dark witch. She remembered how she was hailed the woman who conquered once she defeated Voldemort.

     She remembered her death. She remembered the comforting embrace she'd felt when she died. She remembered the merge of her powers. She remembered the comforting feeling of her magic mixing with the magic of the deathly hallows and becoming one.

     She remembered how they quickly turned on her after she saved them. She remembered them accusing her of becoming a dark lady. She remembered how they tried to capture her. She remembered how she slaughtered them with no mercy.

     She remembered the multitude of years she lived as the population slowly died out. She remembered all the knowledge she gained. She remembered watching her world die. And most importantly, she remembered asking Death to send her to a new world, where the population still thrived.

     That is where she is now.

     "A nice, relaxing world, where there's no drama, no problems, that's all I wanted," Asteria mumbled to herself, brushing a hand through her hair. "Eh, doesn't matter. I'm not getting involved with her problems, no matter what." Sighing she rolled her eyes. Two lives filled with abusive guardians. Really Death?

     Lifting her head, she looked around. She swore she felt someone watching her. Frowning, she grabbed her journal and went back inside her room.

▔▔▔

Closing her blinds, Asteria locked her door, and turned off the light, making her room dim.

"Lumos," Asteria whispered and smiled when the room lit up.

Walking to her bookshelf, she took out her journal filled with spells. Smiling nosltalgicly, she held out her hand and thought of levitating the journal. Without a word being spoken, the journal began levitating in the air. With a flick of her wrist, the journal set on fire. Asteria watched as the flames ate away the pages in fascination. Sighing, she muttered, "Yeah he was right. I do like fire."

"Ok, time to practice the real important ones." Conjuring a rat, she held it by the tail. "Ew ok still hate rats and that's ok. So Peter, let's see if these spells still work." Smiling darkly, she whispered, "Crucio."

The rat started squirming in the air, making small noises of agony.

     Staring blankly, she muttered, "Imperio. Don't make a single sound and stop moving."

     Instantly, the rat froze, not a single sound came out of it.

     "Ok time to put you out of your misery. Avada Kedavra." Instantly a jet of bright green — the same green her eyes flashed last night — shot out of her finger and went straight towards the rat. Peter the rat was dead. Frowning, Asteria muttered bitterly, "I wish I could've done that to the one who gave all you rats a bad rep with me."

     With a flick of her wrist, the rat disappeared. A small smile blossomed on her face. It truly was good to remember everything again and to have access to all her powers.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

     "Are we actually doing this?" Destiny questioned curiously. "Cause I know you said I'm an evil assistant, but I'm pretty sure it was implied that I'm a classy evil assistant."

     Rolling her eyes, Asteria replied, "You don't even have to get your hands dirty. Just be on the lookout for me."

     "You're actually going to dig up his grave?" Destiny asked, looking disturbingly excited.

     "Yes," Asteria stated dryly. "I like to be ahead of the game."

     "Can't argue against that," Destiny smirked.

     Arriving at Giuseppe Salavatore's tombstone, Asteria greeted, "Hello there Papa Salvatore. Sorry about this." With a flick of her wrist, the dirt started moving on its own, piling up on the side, and creating a hole to show the coffin. With another flick of her wrist, the coffin opened.

     Destiny peered inside. "I think I'm going to gag," she muttered.

     "I didn't ask you to look, did I?" Asteria teased, before summoning the grimoire towards her. With a flick of her wrist, a book replaced the grimoire Asteria just summoned. Then with a swish of her hand, the coffin closed and the dirt was moved back to where it was before. "Emily Bennett's Grimoire," Asteria spoke with a pleased smile on her face.

     "What'd you replace it with?" Destiny asked curiously.

     Smirking, Asteria said, "A book on animals."

     Destiny laughed. "How fitting. The bunny muncher should look through it and see which ones he's eaten."

     Pausing, Asteria looked around.

     Instantly, Destiny was alert. Sniffing the air, she froze. "Aster"

     "Go," Asteria nodded at Destiny.

     "I can't leave you here alone," Destiny protested.

     Handing the grimoire to Destiny, Asteria repeated, "Go. I'll handle this." Seeing how Destiny still looked like she wanted object, she added, "It was bound to happen. Elena's figuring it out. Might as well get on the 'I know about the Salvatore's' train."

     Frowning, Destiny reluctantly took the grimoire and took a few steps back. "If I don't get a call from you tonight, I'm going to come searching for you." After seeing Asteria nod, she grimaced lightly before turning and walking away. "If she has even one scratch on her, I will hunt you down, Salvatore," She warned without turning around.

     Once Destiny was far away enough she wouldn't be able to hear the conversation, Asteria spoke. "You can come out now."

     In an instant, Gabriel appeared in front of her with a blank look on his face. "You know."

     "I do," Asteria replied, looking at him with a raised eyebrow. "You know about me as well."

     Gabriel watched her with an unreadable look in his eyes. "I do."

     "Would you like me to go first?" Asteria asked sarcastically, seeing that she wasn't going to get more than two words out of Gabriel.

     Staring at her intensely, Gabriel nodded, "That would be much appreciated."

     Rolling her eyes, she explained, "Once I figured out I was a witch, it wasn't hard to find out about other supernaturals. And before you ask, I don't know when exactly I found out I was a witch. It just came to me."

     "I was turned into a vampire in 1864 when my brother decided to kill me so he wouldn't have to live without either of his brothers," Gabriel spoke coldly. Sighing as he looked at Asteria, he said, "Do you trust me?"

     "I don't trust anyone except Destiny," Asteria shrugged. "But I suppose I trust you enough not to kill me. Not that you'll be able to anyways."

     Smirking, Gabriel teased, "Is that so? Want to test that theory out?"

     "I'd rather not hurt your ego tonight," Asteria snarked back with a smile on her face.

     Chuckling, Gabriel held out his arms. "May I?"

     Nodding, Asteria stepped into his arms. Gabriel picked her up and sped away. Asteria tensed a little at the speed they were going at, but Gabriel was surprisingly reassuring, gently rubbing circles on her arm to calm her down.

     Once he stopped, she looked around and noticed they were in front of some ruins. "Where are we?"

     "This used to be my home," Gabriel explained. "Before Katherine came along, Stefan, Damon, and I were inseparable. And when she arrived, my brothers were captivated."

     "And you weren't?" Asteria questioned lightly.

     Gabriel was silent for a moment. "She was stunning. That was my first thought when I saw her, but at that time I was interested in someone else. I was planning on courting her, but then I became so captivated with Katherine I completely forgot about her," Gabriel explained.

     Asteria looked at him with knowing eyes. "You were compelled."

     Gabriel nodded. "I was. She" Gabriel paused, trying to control the anger that was rising within him. He was surprised when he felt a hand touch his arm. Looking down, he watched Asteria give him a comforting smile and he relaxed. "She compelled me to love her. To want her no matter what, even when she was feeding off me. She compelled me to keep it a secret from Damon and Stefan." Looking at Asteria he whispered bitterly, "She wanted all of us to be together. Forever. Thankfully it didn't end up that way. Instead, I'm stuck with my brothers."

"I'm sorry. You never should've gone through that. Katherine shouldn't have done that to you. Taking away your free will. That's deplorable," Asteria muttered, feeling angry for the male in front of her.

Gabriel stared at Asteria intently. "No she shouldn't have, but that's something I've worked through. My family helped me through it."

     Squeezing his arm lightly, Asteria inquired hesitantly, "How did you end up being turned?"

     "Our father found out. Katherine was whisked away to be burned with the other vampires. We were still compelled at that time and risked our lives to try to save her. Stefan and Damon died in their attempt to save her. My father stopped me before I could find them." Taking a deep breath, he continued, "When they came back, they were vampires. When Stefan noticed I wasn't in transition, he decided to snap my neck so I could join them."

     Swallowing deeply, Asteria muttered, "I'm sorry. I can't imagine dying at your brother's hand and then him expecting you to just forget and forgive."

     Laughing bitterly, Gabriel spoke, "And the worst part? Stefan never had any control over his urges. When I decided to part ways because I couldn't stand to be around him, he decided to find me after I explicitly told him not to. I had just found and bonded with a family. They cared about me even when they found out how much a monster I could be. But they didn't care and I felt loved and happy. They helped me work through my feelings after I turned and realized Katherine was just using me, taking away my free will and stringing me like a puppet." Snarling, Gabriel continued, "And then Stefan just had to show up and destroy everything. He killed them. Slaughtered them with no mercy. Making sure to drag out their pain because they 'took me from them.'" Gabriel was breathing deeply, trying to control himself as he looked at Asteria. His eyes were dark with anger and pain. "Stefan was the reason I left but he chose to put that blame on an innocent family that took me in and cared for me. I chose them and he couldn't accept that because I wouldn't choose him after everything he did." Snarling, he continued, "And for that, I will never forgive Stefan for his actions. For killing the people I called family."

     "And no one said you had to," Asteria replied calmly as she looked into Gabriel's dark green eyes. "What he did is unacceptable and for him to expect you to forgive him is just deplorable. You don't have to forgive him for what he did. You never have to unless you want to. And if you never want to, he should accept that and leave you the bloody hell alone!"

     Gabriel watched her intensely. Swallowing thickly, he muttered, "Thank you. No one's ever said that to me before."

     "You should get new friends then," Asteria teased, glad to see the anger and pain dying down from his eyes. Pausing, she thought for a moment before asking, "I hope you don't take offense to this, but why did you tell me the last part? You know you didn't have to right? I'd never"

     "I know," he cut in before she could finish. "I told you because Elena came over earlier and from the looks of it knows. Stefan's not going to let her go until she hears his whole story and he'll ultimately tell her what happened between us. His version of it. I'd rather someone hear my version of what happened first."

     Snorting, Asteria remarked, "As if I'd believe any story that comes out of Stefan's mouth." Gabriel smiled at that. "Do you mind if I tell Destiny? I don't like keeping things from her." Rushing to continue before he could say anything, she added, "It's ok if you're not ok with it. I won't tell her if you don't want me to."

     "Breathe," Gabriel whispered, amusement lacing his tone. "And yes, I'm alright with you telling her. Thank you for asking."

     Shrugging her shoulders, Asteria replied, "It's your story, not mine. Of course, I had to ask."

     "Not many think like you do, sweet girl," Gabriel muttered as he placed his hand on top of hers. The hand that was still on his arm.

     Asteria's eyes widened in surprise and a small blush came to her face. "I'm unique. Speaking of Destiny, I need to call her so she doesn't start a ruckus."

     Chuckling, Gabriel spoke, "I'll take you home. You can talk to her there."

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

     𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞: sorry y'all if it kinda seems like a blip in the plot when she wordlessly spelled caroline and jeremy's vervain item but she just remembered everything from her past life. she technically had weird memories floating around growing up so she knew some words and just had the urge to say it some type of way which made it work magically.

also the stefan and gabriel drama... teaaaa. i know stefan wouldn't do something like that in the show, but fuck the plot ( but not rlly cause i'm following it ). he's got some issues in my book lol.

     hope you guys liked this chapter! i wanted to show a little of asteria's past life that molded her personality to how it is now. after this, there won't be much mention of her past life. just magic.

     don't forget to vote & comment! xoxo~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.5K 1.8K 66
Book 1 of 2 of the Lockwood series Kol Mikaelson x OC Season 2 - 4 (The Vampire Diaries) ยฉ๏ธ derekhalekolmlover
16.9K 466 12
"๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐š๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ฒ" tvd || season...
22.2K 937 16
๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ...
7.3K 109 23
in which Ayla and Klaus Mikaelson come to mystic falls to break his curse but more things happens than planned. || the vampire diaries season 2x22-4x...