After School || Weeekly

By Yoohyeon_Namu

When Zoa graduates from school and college follows suit, she quickly realizes she's going to be faced with a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Final!)

Chapter 6

21 2 0
By Yoohyeon_Namu

Loud laughter can be heard from the room down the hallway, the room wherein it's supposed to be a storage room but six specific girls have turned it into their own little hideout, their own comfort zone and haven that holds their peace and quiet. It's an almost innocent laughter on a Saturday morning wherein no one is around college anyway so no one could ever possibly see them. Along with laughing, groaning can also be heard as well as other dragging noises of objects as the six mischievous girls lead by the one and only most mischievous one that goes by Monday are trying hard to adopt a new hobby but fail, it seems. Which is the cause of their laughter.

"You're so bad at this unnie!" Soeun exclaims as she points out at Soojin who has just fallen down on the floor, one of the few skateboards they've found in the storage room trapped between her feet. Soeun laughs hard and Soojin does the same as she frowns before she yelps loudly between her laughter and scolds her friend.

"Ya! My butt hurts and all you do is laugh at me!" Monday laughs hard as she looks at them, already riding her own skateboard, having managed to master her newly born skills in this activity in a matter of a few minutes, like always. It's a Monday thing, and it's a given that very few people in this world could ever have.

"That's all she would do, and you know it." She replies as she pushes her own skateboard towards Jaehee who's still in the very first stage of this new sport someone can claim it to be. She's awkwardly standing onto another skateboard, butt stretched out in an awkward motion while her hands are spread widely to both of her sides in order to somehow stabilize herself onto the skateboard and that's the only thing she's been doing for the past twenty minutes, not wanting to end up like Soojin who has just tried to slide the skateboard just a little further instead of keeping it still.

No matter Soeun's laughter and the two girls bickering she's ended up stretching out her hand and helping Soojin up on her feet before she teases,

"Do you want a massage on your butt?" Soojin glares at her as she immediately refuses while Soeun forms a wide smile, teeth on full display and eyes half closing as it turns out as another laughter yet again.

Meanwhile, a little further, there's Jihan and Zoa, sitting by the couch and decorating their skateboards, having worn and made sure it's perfectly worn all the pads needed for their protection, elbow pads, knee pads, helmets and so on ⏤unlike their eonnideul.

"Hey you two! Are you going to be cowards forever?" Monday calls out the two younger ones. They both raise their heads to look towards her direction, Zoa's big round eyes staring at Monday just a little deeper as she would always do before they both said in unison,

"It's safer that way."

"Plus we prefer seeing you all try first. It gives us an example of how we should do it." Zoa says before she and Jihan end up erupting into loud laughter, giggling softly to themselves as they turn to look at each other happily, bumping their shoulders for thinking the exact same thing as Jihan corrects Zoa and reveals to the rest what they've been thinking.

"She means we prefer seeing you all making a fool of yourself as you guys give us the perfect example of what we should NOT do!" And the two erupt into laughter once again.

"Hey! Stop making fun of us, we're at least trying!" Soeun tries to defend them.

"Yeah exactly! You can't be cowards forever! You have to try! We all agreed on this!" Monday says before she turns to look at the rest of the girls saying,

"These two look like they're into their own little world, don't they?"

"Let them be. They know what they're doing. I, on the other hand, still wonder why I agreed to this." Soojin says while Soeun laughs again at how shaky Soojin's position on the skateboard appeals to be before the girl yelps yet again and holds onto Soeun's shoulders immediately.

It looks like everyone is separated in pairs so Zoa feels glad their unniesignored them again and gave them just a little bit more time to fool around. She knows she will have to ride that thing at some point too. She just doesn't want yet because she definitely doesn't want to end up falling and definitely doesn't want to end up breaking any part of her body. Except for the fact that it will hurt like hell she will also be useless for the team for a lot of months and the least thing she wants right now is for Yunho to scold her for being so immature and dumb by trying out something so crazy like that and ending up hurting herself.

Decorating their skateboards seems way safer and unlike Monday who used spray the other day to paint the lockers and walls Zoa and Jihan aren't that talented to try that out yet. Jihan as of now has filled up her skateboard with countless stickers while Zoa is painting her own skateboard with markers ⏤which is a way easier way to paint something rather than with sprays.

"Zoa ya?" Jihan calls out softly, forming a huge pout at some point.

"Nae unnie?" Zoa replies with the same softness in her voice.

"I'm running out of stickers." Zoa purses her lips before she replies with the same complaining tone in her voice too.

"I'm also running out of space to paint. Also from ideas of what to paint."

"I believe it's time we try what the girls have been doing for a while now. But I really don't want to." Jihan says as she looks at the girls around them, smiling softly upon seeing Monday giving a kiss on Jaehee's cheek once the girl has managed to slide her skateboard just an inch further without Monday holding her hands.

"Honestly? I just don't want to break my bones. I'm fine with anything else." Zoa confesses as she starts gathering the markers and placing them all inside her pencil case.

"Maybe we can put pillows here and there? So if you fall at least you'll fall on something soft and won't break any parts of your body." Jihan suggests. Zoa furrows her eyebrows as she gives it a little thought and Jihan just simply stares at her, loving yet again once again how close they are and how beautiful Zoa looks by just doing the bare minimum.

"Fine. But I can't use my skateboard. The paintings need to dry off first."

"Then we'll have to share." Jihan says softly as she looks at her own skateboard in her hands. She then looks back at Zoa, wondering if the girl wanted that too and as soon as she sees the girl's face lighting up in that familiar way it did whenever she was happy she immediately relaxes.

"I like this idea. Your skateboard is cute, Jihannie."

"Really?"

"Yeah!" Zoa says before the two take a couple of photos of their skateboards and giggle at the result of half of their messed up photos. Zoa is the first one to stand up from the couch, letting her skateboard aside to dry off before she grabs a pillow from the couch on one hand, then turns around to face Jihanand extends her left hand, waiting for Jihan to take it. It's the first time she's the first one to suggest they hold hands and reach out for Jihan so Jihan is a little caught off guard, her eyes staring at the girl's hand blankly as she tries hard not to look too surprised though her heart is already fluttering too much in her chest. Zoa on the other hand doesn't think much of it. She already feels very close and very comfortable with Jihan. Jihan has held her hand a lot of times so Zoa doesn't think there would be a problem if she's the one holding her hand first this time. If anything, the weird thing would be if they wouldn't hold hands at this point.

Jihan takes the taller girl's hand and they stand up. They place a few pillows around them, a little further from the couch and the other girls so they wouldn't fall onto them, before Jihan is the first one to hop onto the skateboard. Zoa now holds her from both hands tightly saying,

"I won't leave you, unnie." Trying to comfort Jihan who's already a little nervous. Jihan on the other hand isn't just nervous because she doesn't want to fall but because Zoa is really close to her. She's realized lately that her heart keeps pounding fastly and loudly in her chest and her whole body warms up, as she just panics a little too much whenever Zoa is close to her. It also doesn't help because the girl is just too pretty and endearing. If anything it only makes the pounding in Jihan's chest worse and now she's sure her hands are shaking in Zoa's hold. She's pretty sure Zoa isn't aware of what she's doing to her, of what she's causing to Jihan's poor heart and she can claim that for sure by how blankly Zoa is staring at her. But that's the exact problem. Whenever the two are close lately Zoa gets that blank stare, which is way too confusing because she looks so innocent on the one hand, but on the other, a stare remains a stare and Zoa's stares have always been deep and hard because of how big and dark her eyes are. Jihan feels just like a melted ice cream on the floor...

Once she's sure she fully stabilized herself she gives a slight push on the skateboard with her left foot before she quickly places it on the plank of the skateboard. Her body leans just a little forward as she's sure she lost her balance and will fall backwards any time soon but Zoa is fast to wrap her arms around Jihan's waist and keep her still, her arms secure and tight around her as her chest collides with Jihan's belly.

Now this hug would be cute and Jihan would have totally loved it if it wasn't making her feel... so many things... her skin burns and shudders as she catches herself yearning for Zoa's hold and touch, not wanting the girl to take her hands away ever, loving the hug just a little more than she should, while her stomach reacts on a whole different way, tightening as she feels her breath getting caught in her throat. Her heart pounds rapidly in her chest and she just hopes that somehow holding her breath wouldn't betray to the girl who's flat on top of her how nervous she makes her feel.

Zoa gives her the same blank stare and Jihan wants to jump off the skateboard for a second there and just run away and seek for some fresh air but the mere thought of leaving Zoa alone behind feels so wrong and she feels sick to her stomach.

Meanwhile for Zoa, things are way different. For Jihan, it's pretty clear that she likes Zoa by how she feels and by how her body is reacting. She knows how to acknowledge all these signs. For Zoa though, this all is new. Extremely new.

She raises her head to face Jihan, wanting to make sure the girl is fine as the only thing on her mind right now is the girl's safety. Once she does whoever, she's met with Jihan's face from up this close and suddenly it feels like things slow down. Time slows down, their surroundings fade away, any sound around them vanishes and the only thing left in Zoa's vision and focus is Jihan. Suddenly it all feels too magical. Like as if it came out straight from a fairytale. Yes, Zoa is sure it feels exactly like that. Jihan has that nervous expression on as she has expected to have fallen already but Zoa can't even focus on that. Her eyes land on Jihan's light bangs that frame her forehead as they've been a little messed up by now and same goes for the girl's brown locks that have been tangled with Zoa's hands. Then she sees Jihan's eyebrows, Jihan's cute chubby cheeks that Monday so loves to pinch whenever she wants to tease the girl. She then looks at the girl's cute charming dimples that make her look even more cute and adorable, the girl's round pink lips that look so glossy underneath the sunbeams radiating on her body making her look just a little more ethereal. Zoa then looks at the girl's bunny teeth that she's always thought looked perfect along with the girl's warm eyes and dimples making the perfect cute girl before her eyes land on Jihan's eyes.

She's totally unaware of how nervous her scanning of Jihan's face makes Jihan feel. But once her own eyes land on Jihan's dark brown yet warm and always filled with emotions eyes...

Zoa isn't aware of what she's feeling exactly. But something about the sunbeams landing on Jihan's figure from the windows around the room, making the girl's eyes shine just a little more along with Jihan's eyes overall... Zoa can't seem to explain it though she's not trying right now to do so anyway. All she knows right now is that Jihan looks ethereal, gorgeous and extremely loveable ⏤the first love type of loveable⏤ and Zoa can't seem to look away. If anything, right now she feels like she only wants to keep staring. And as an inexperienced one that she is at love, she allows herself to stare because she doesn't even think the possibility of not doing so or overall what staring does even mean or what it will cause her later on. While other people try to control their emotions, to hide them somehow or be distinctive about them, here is Zoa not doing so because she's not even aware she has them in the first place or even if she ever gets aware of them, she doesn't even know what they mean...

"Hey." She says dumbly, because it's the only thing that comes to her mind to say after staring at Jihan like that, thinking time and time again that Jihan is just so flawlessly pretty.

"Hi." Jihan says softly, managing to form a smile even if she feels extremely nervous right now.

"You didn't fall, see? I'm here. I told you I am." Zoa says softly, before she forms a wide happy smile, not wanting Jihan to ever feel nervous again, definitely liking the smiling Jihan way more than the nervous Jihan she's faced earlier.

"Thank you." Jihan replies and Zoa simply nods her head before she slowly loosens up her hands, but never leaving them from Jihan's waist, deciding that it's safer to hold Jihan like that rather than from her hands.

It goes on like this for a couple of minutes. Jihan trying, Zoa holding her so she won't fall and the rest of the girls observing them quietly. Zoa can't explain what she's feeling. She's not even trying to think of it. It doesn't even cross her mind that she has to think of it, acknowledge what her feelings are and so on. For now all she knows is that she likes looking at Jihan. She really does. She doesn't think she can keep her eyes off of her. Because looking at Jihan makes Zoa happy. Just by that.

======================================================

And it seems like it only keeps on going like that as the two keep hanging out. Ever since the day Jihan has built up her courage and texted Zoa that night, wanting to somehow let out her own enthusiasm and for once not to control her feelings too much, the two haven't stopped texting at all. At first, it wasn't as often. Sometimes it was texting throughout the whole day but then it would take them two or three days to text to each other again because their schedules were busy, they were meeting around college too anyway or the previous conversation has ended so someone had to find a new topic to start a new one.

These didn't seem to be a problem though as time went on. From texting twice a week switching to texting everyday all day wasn't that hard if you're texting with Zoa... and you happen to be Jihan too. They never run out of topics anymore. If anything, the more they text the more they want to talk to each other and the more topics they find. Their characters match so well, their humor, everything about their combination together just keeps on bringing them closer.

So texting has done half of the work for them because even if they wouldn't meet up that often throughout the day, they would always text. So next time they would meet up they had way too many things to talk about and even talk about the things they've texted to each other, leaving the rest of their friends who have always been observing them wondering what's going on between the two of them or feeling happy about the strong friendship between them.

Zoa can't believe it's already been a whole month and a half ever since she's started college. It's not the end of September wherein she had to move out of home and get to the dorms, it's not the beginning of October wherein she's just hung out with her friends and hot to know Jaehee and Jihan, it's not even the first week of college or the second one. It's already in the middle, close to the end of November and everyone is already getting into the festive mood of Christmas. The students around college are already booking their tickets to get back home, some of them are already sending some of their things in boxes over to their hometown in order not to curry too much stuff once they leave. Some of them are already packing while some others are just enjoying the whole Chrimstas mood and are buying Christmas decorations or gifts for themselves and their friends.

And while all these happen, their college is arranging a Christmas party a week before college officially closes for Christmas ⏤which is a week before Christmas in order for every student to get back home safely and soon. Everyone is in a rush, students getting ready to get back home, or preparing themselves for the Christmas party. Among all those students who are under the influence of Christmas mood and consumerism there's Soojin who's trying hard as the students council's president to arrange the Christmas party while she also tries hard to study for the upcoming exams of the semester at the end of January. It's understandable to say that she's stressed and barely has time to hang out with the girls.

It's way colder outside now and students barely hang out except if it's necessary or if they want to buy Christmas decorations that is. It seems like the cold has affected Zoa and her friends too as they've stopped going out and gathering at each other's apartments or dorm rooms. They've even stopped going to their hideout whenever the college would be closed for the day or for the weekend because that meant no heating around the building so no heating in their hideout as well. And hanging out in a cold room isn't fun at all...

Zoa has woken up earlier than usual on this Saturday morning because she also wanted to book her own ticket for home. Soojin didn't have the time to do that so she's given Zoa her wallet with her ID and other needed stuff in order for the girl to book them both a ticket. Monday and Soeun would return back to their home with Monday's car so that wasn't a problem and no matter how they have offered to get Zoa and Soojin back home too, they all had lots of suitcases to bring back to their houses so this would make their traveling a little too troublesome.

Jiwoo has suggested they go book the girl's tickets together in order for Zoa not to go over to the train station by herself, to which Zoa has gladly agreed. So here she is now, after Soojin's care and worry having dressed up like a burrito, with a thick coat, boots, scarf, beanie and gloves covering every part of her skin and body overall finally stepping out of her dorm room.

"I'll see you later unnie. Study hard, fighting!" She tells Soojin before she closes the door behind her. Once she turns around her face lights up upon seeing Jihan standing by her own door, wearing a similar warm outfit as Zoa's.

"Hey!" She greets brightly, a wide smile forming on her lips, her teeth and cute gums showing up. Jihan smiles back.

"Hi."

"It's cold outside unnie. Where are you even going on a cold Saturday morning?" Zoa asks her.

"Just the library to borrow some books and study. What about you?" Jihan asks as the two are already walking down the hallway together, their fingers intertwining even when they're wearing thick gloves.

"Going to book mine and Soojin unnie's tickets." Zoa announces, a soft smile on her lips upon thinking of going back home to her mom and dad and grandparents and spending Christmas with them and her eonnideul. At that, Jihan's smile falters, fades away as a small bittersweet smile replaces her happy one now. She has less than a month to hang out with Zoa before the girl leaves to spend Christmas with her family. And it's not like Jihan doesn't understand that. She does because she's also missed her parents and will return to them for Christmas holidays but surely her home isn't that far away for college as Zoa's home is... Jihan's is only an hour away and she knows Jaehee's home is around that long too. So she can meet up with Jaehee during Christmas but the rest... the rest are too far away... Zoa is too far away... and Jihan is going to miss her. Heck, she hasn't even thought of that far yet. Of Christmas or having to separate with the girls and Zoa again. And thinking about it now just makes her too sad. It's only a couple of weeks but... but to Jihan it already feels so long and she hasn't spent that long without Zoa before...

Suddenly she's starting to count down the days in her head, making a mental calendar even if she's not the organizing type to do these things, wanting to know exactly how much time is there left for her to spend with Zoa...

She looks over to Zoa, knowing well enough by now that they only have three weeks maximum before college closes for Christmas holidays and everyone has to leave and go back to their homes, wondering if the same thoughts have ever crossed the taller girl's mind. She's faced with the same bright and smiley Zoa so she's pretty sure the girl hasn't even thought of this yet, hasn't even realized or simply wasn't that sad about it as Jihan is...

They reach the library wherein Jihan is supposed to study and Zoa is supposed to meet Jiwoo ⏤she's texted the girl earlier that they would meet there instead of the front gates of the campus as she didn't want to let Jihan to go alone to the library.

"Zoa!" Jiwoo exclaims as soon as she sees her best friend walking towards her and rushes to hug her tightly, breaking Zoa's holding hands with Jihan who simply giggles softly at the two's interactions.

"Hey you." Zoa says softly and smiles at Jiwoo who takes a step back and smiles brightly at her friend.

"Hey Jihan unnie! Is she coming with us?" Jiwoo greets Jihan before she turns to look at Zoa with a questioning look. Zoa laughs and shakes her head.

"No dummy. She's here to study. I'm all yours for this morning, didn't we say so?" Jiwoo forms that shy, sentimental, happy smile of hers, nodding her head slowly, happy that Zoa is willing to give some of her busy time to Jiwoo and only.

"Have fun you two." Jihan says as she waves goodbye at them before her eyes land on Zoa just a little longer. Zoa smiles at her and waves goodbye before she's dragged by Jiwoo who leads their way.

[...]

Once they're done buying Zoa and Soojin's tickets Jiwoo takes Zoa to one of the cafeterias nearby claiming that it's a nice cafeteria that serves really tasty hot chocos and so the two decided to spend the rest of their morning there.

Zoa's hands are wrapped tightly around the mug of the hot choco, totally loving the warmth and the flavor of the drink as she looks around her at the cafeteria, enjoying to look at random people spending their morning there but also at the beautiful view outside. Even if it's cold, the weather is sunny and there are no clouds in the sky.

"So you're leaving in three weeks? Damn that's not that long!" Jiwoo exclaims, breaking the silence between them as she finally lets out her thoughts and feelings, trying not to sound too sad or too desperate for Zoa to stay. Zoa's eyes widen a little as she finally makes the realization in her head. It truly is three weeks. Three weeks before she's finally free from classes, three weeks before she finally leaves the dorms and returns back to her home, to mom and dad. Three weeks before she doesn't see Jaehee and Jihan again or Jiwoo as well... They could always arrange a hangout somewhere in between the holidays but... but that's not an easy thing to do especially if they live so far away and have so many other family, relatives and friends gatherings to do.

She's snapped out of her thoughts at Jiwoo's snapping of her fingers in front of her face before Jiwoo lets out sadly,

"You haven't realized, have you?" Zoa sighs softly before she nods her head.

"I've been mostly excited to get back to mom, dad and Clara and also to finally see my grandparents too. To spend Christmad with my family, you know... I haven't realized that we..." She says softly and pouts sadly, not continuing the sentence because it doesn't matter. Jiwoo knows what she means.

"Well I guess we will always text and call right?" Jiwoo tries to lift up Zoa's spirits. She can't believe she's the one doing it when she started this topic herself because she was the one who wanted and needed comfort. How ironic...

At that, Zoa smiles and nods her head.

"Of course we will. I'm not losing contact with you again." Zoa says and sounds hopeful as she reaches out to hold Jiwoo's hands over Jiwoo's mug that she's placed them over. At that, Jiwoo stares at her blankly, trying hard to stop the fluttering in her chest, knowing well enough that Zoa is just being friendly and she just sounds friendly right now too. Her actions as well. After all, Zoa is that type of person who has a very warm heart and warms up everyone's hearts around her by simply being herself.

She stares back at Zoa for a few long seconds before she looks away, not being able to maintain eye contact any longer even if she's usually very strong at these kinds of games. Maybe it's the whole fact that Zoa is leaving very soon that has made Jiwoo weak. She swears she's originally not that weak though. She shakes her head softly before she tries to compose herself by teasing Zoa saying,

"You better!" And sticks out her tongue at her friend who laughs softly. Jiwoo sighs softly, looking at Zoa's smiling figure as the girl laughs. This soft moment is one of the many moments she's going to keep in her heart and mind for a long time and keep rethinking during her whole Christmas holidays that Zoa will be away until she meets up with the girl again. She just knows this...

======================================================

Time flies fast and from three weeks before Christmas holidays it's suddenly just one week left. One busy week, as everyone is busy packing their things, bidding goodbye to their friends, having to catch up with trains, airplanes or buses to get back to their homes. Some students are busy studying too as professors are also busy giving more and more homework for the holidays season. Lots of students are also busy showing their group projects in class as well. It's just a very busy week. A very busy week that goes by too fast for Jihan's liking.

And without her realizing it, it's already time for the Christmas party that Soojin and the students council have been working so hard on.

For Zoa, it's just another party, one that she won't pay much attention to, one that will surely not stay unforgettable in her mind as she surely has done way better things in her life. One that will for surely be fun though because she will be with her friends and will make sure to have fun and enjoy her time. Her friends are crazy enough to turn every single one of their hangouts as a fun one so they can surely make weird college parties turn into fun ones.

For Jihan, it's one of those weird college parties wherein students get drunk and make out with each other. But it's not just that. It's also the last time she's seeing Zoa since the girl will have to travel the following morning. And she seriously can't believe the last time she's seeing her it's at a party... a college Christmas party...

She just feels... a little more nervous than usual. Ever since she's entered the big auditorium she's been a little shaky and no matter the couple of drinks Monday offered or Soeun's joke and whole appearance the girl didn't seem to calm down anytime soon. She tried not making a big deal out of it though and surely didn't mention about it or else she would make their friends worried and that was the least thing she wanted.

Zoa on the other hand seems to be having a lot of fun. She's in a totally different mood and mindset overall, unlike Jihan. She's happy and wants to spend her last night at college happily and having fun. So from the very first moment she's entered the auditorium she's been having that gleeful smile on her face as she and Jiwoo would get themselves a couple of non alcoholic drinks. Even though she's an adult now, she still doesn't like alcoholic drinks and hasn't even tasted one yet. The smell is enough to make her disgusted.

She and Jiwoo have been running around, playing all different kinds of Christmas games and activities Soojin has set exactly because she knew how much Zoa would love them, and have visited Santa Claus —read as Soeun— plenty of times to tell him their wishes and gifts they wanted for Christmas. At some point Soeun has gotten a little tired, not even sure why she's had the crazy idea to dress up as Santa Claus as she's been cursing the moment that she did that.

"Hey kids. Isn't this the tenth time you're visiting me? Haven't you said your wishes already?" Zoa and Jiwoo laugh as they nod their heads.

"Santa Claus wouldn't say no to any wish though." Zoa says forming a cute wide smile. Soeun purses her lips.

"Yeah but-"

Zoa leans close to Soeun's ear whispering,

"I know it's you unnie. We're just having fun. Don't mind us." She then turns around and holds Jiwoo's hand saying,

"Come on. Let's go get some candies."

"You mean steal them? Oh I love this!" Jiwoo exclaims and the two laugh as they leave Soeun alone behind, sighing in relief.

The rest of the party goes on like this for a while. Jiwoo and Zoa play a lot of Christmas games and eat a lot of snacks, enjoying their time together. After all, it's Zoa's last night at college before the holidays so she wants to enjoy her time there as well as her time with Jiwoo for as much and as long as she can.

At some point the two take the whole bowl of cookies in their hands, too tired of just stealing a few every once in a while and walks outside of the auditorium, taking a seat at the benches at the hallway, nearby the auditorium, wanting to have some peace and quiet, to talk more comfortably and eat their snacks in peace.

Zoa giggles softly as she munches on her cookie, not being able to believe how they've actually stolen a whole bowl of cookies. It's fun. Hanging out with Jiwoo is fun and reminds her of their childhood together a lot. Nothing has changed for her no matter how years have passed with them both apart from one another.

"Are you happy?" Jiwoo asks Zoa as she looks at her friend who still giggles.

"Of course I am! Though if Soojin unnie gets to know that we've stolen a whole bowl of cookies she will surely be mad at us."

"I know. But oh well, I'm willing to do anything if that means it will make you happy." Zoa smiles and nods her head.

"Thank you. You're an amazing friend, I mean it." Jiwoo chuckles softly.

"You better mean that because I'm obviously not putting myself at risk for nothing!" The two laugh again.

"I hope your craziness makes you happy too though. I wouldn't like it if you only did crazy things so I would laugh and be happy. You should enjoy your time too." Jiwoo nods her head before she says,

"Don't worry. I am." Zoa munches on her cookie silently for a few minutes, seeming in deep thought before she questions,

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"What about... the girl that you like? She doesn't make you sad now?" Jiwoo laughs.

"She never made me sad, Zoa. Just because she doesn't return my feelings doesn't mean she makes me sad. It's not her fault she can't like me back. Love is love and sometimes ⏤well most times⏤ it's one sided. It's no one's fault for that though. It's just how it is. And unfortunately yeah, one sided love makes people sad." Jiwoo explains and Zoa nods her head slowly, her hands now resting on her knees as Jiwoo hugs the bowl of cookies closer to her chest.

"Are you giving up on her then? I mean, if she can't love you back then you should move on." Zoa says and shrugs her shoulders slowly, not sure if she's good at giving her friend advice about love as she hasn't experienced it herself before anyway.

"I will try. But before that, I think I want to try out something."

"Which is?" Zoa asks, confused, raising an eyebrow as she looks at her friend, a little puzzled.

"I want to try to make her happy. It's the last thing I want to try doing for her before I fully give up on her. I want to try to make her really happy until I get tired and will stop trying too much I suppose and I'll just get back to being natural around her... i guess. I haven't thought much about later on, really. But for now, I want to make her happy. Because when she's happy I feel happy too, even if I know that she will never return my feelings. This little happiness is enough for now." Zoa stares at Jiwoo for a few long minutes as she takes in the girl's words, looking at her amused but also confused. She's confused about why Jiwoo would go in to such lengths for someone who hurts her so much by not loving her back but at the same time she's so happy and proud of her friend for loving somebody so deeply and willing to do everything for them even if she gets hurt by her one sided feelings.

In the end, her happiness wins as she hugs Jiwoo, her eyes already filled with tears.

"Jiwoo ah, you're an amazing person. This is just so... aish! I wish someone would do something like that for me too. Seriously this girl is so lucky to have you even if she's not aware of it. You're amazing, Jiwoo ah. And I'm sure one day you'll find somebody to love you as much as you love her now and even more. Because you deserve all the love you give to get it back in its twice the amount." Jiwoo chuckles softly as she hugs Zoa back, caressing her back before she says,

"Thanks. But really, don't get all sentimental now. We shouldn't cry on our last night here. We should have fun!" Zoa giggles as she moves back and wipes her eyes.

"Hey! No tears! I didn't say all that for you to cry!" Jiwoo scolds her friend immediately.

"I'm sorry. This was just so touching. I'm proud you're my best friend, you know that?" Jiwoo laughs.

"I would be mad if you weren't." Now it's Zoa's turn to laugh.

"Hey Jiwoo."

"Mmmm?"

"Is she here tonight?"

"Who?"

"Your crush."

"Oh! Yeah... she is... and she's really beautiful tonight." Jiwoo says as she looks at Zoa softly, folding her fingers around the bowl that's been long forgotten on her lap.

"Really?" Jiwoo nods her head.

"Well, you should tell her about it. And maybe you should have a dance with her too. It's your last night at campus, genius! Do something about it! Especially if you're going to move on anyway." Jiwoo laughs.

"Maybe you're right." She says before she looks at the empty bowl in her hands.

"Damn it. We ran out of cookies."

"Really? And you're telling me this now!?" Jiwoo laughs as Zoa hits her on her shoulder and the two decide it's time they join the party again.

As they get inside Jiwoo attempts to skillfully return the empty bowl to its previous spot at the buffet while Zoa is dragged further from her by her basketball colleagues. She has to admit that she likes their company and they're fun. Most of them are older from her so she feels like they're similar to her unniesin a lot of ways. Their experience and knowledge on college stuff is kinda similar to her unniesbut at the same time their different characters, different experiences on other fields and different ways of thinking or doing things make Zoa admire them a lot and rely on them as the more fun and cool friends that they appeal to be to her sometimes.

At some point Zoa's eyes spot Jihan by a table near the bar a little further, standing by herself looking slightly gloomy and way too lonely. As if on cue Zoa immediately remembers that one person she's surely going to miss during Christmas holidays is Jihan. She has realized that during the time she's gone to buy the tickets and a couple of times throughout the week but she's somehow managed to forget it way too easily because there are just so many things always happening around her that distract her and pull her attention towards to that she ends up losing focus and track of her thoughts sometimes...

She feels bad.

Jihan has always been a very special unnie to her from the very first second she's met her and has grown to be an even more special person to Zoa so she feels bad for occasionally forgetting her. She excuses herself from her friends and walks up to the girl. The closer she's getting the more Jihan seems to appeal as a very pretty girl in Zoa's eyes. It suddenly feels like a fairytale again and Zoa is sure she's familiar with that feeling. She immediately remembers the previous time she's felt that. It was at that Saturday morning two weeks ago when they were all practicing skateboarding. She's sure she's just a little better at this now while Jihan has made very little progress, almost unnoticeable. But it's ok, because Soojin and Jaehee are way worse than Jihan still.

Just like then, so it happens now too. Somehow the music and fuss around them fades away and the only thing Zoa can hear in her ears is her beating heart. The dim lights around them don't seem to annoy her eyes anymore. If anything, they only illuminate Jihan's body perfectly, making the girl's thin frame and beautiful dress look even prettier.

As Zoa almost reaches Jihan's spot, she catches up on the song playing on the speakers. She giggles as she walks up to Jihan slowly, trying not to get her attention before she sings along to the song.

"I just want you for my own

More than you could ever know"

She sings slowly, a bright, soft smile on her lips before she stops right in front of Jihan. Jihan lifts her eyes to face her and smiles immediately, looking at her slightly confused.

"Make my wish come true

All I want for Christmas is you~" Zoa sings slowly before the song starts blasting on the speakers, actually fully starting now with the first verse and Zoa giggles before she holds Jihan's hands.

"Jihannie. Why are you standing here by yourself? Is the party boring?" Jihan chuckles.

"A little." Jihan admits.

"Where have my unniesbeen?" Jihan shrugs her shoulders before she points at the dance floor wherein Monday has been dancing with Jaehee. Soeun has been a little further, still trying to look like a cool Santa Claus while Soojin has been scolding her for acting so dumb and not convincing anyone.

"I see. And I'm assuming you don't want to dance?" Jihan shakes her head.

"I did earlier. Now I'm a little tired." Zoa nods her head.

"I would suggest to you to get some snacks but I already had a lot for the night." Jihan giggles softly.

"What do people do in parties if they are tired of dancing and have eaten a lot already?" Zoa asks. Jihan shrugs her shoulders before she says a little questioningly,

"They leave?"

"It's too early to leave though. And you look really pretty for this look to last so little." Jihan smiles softly.

"You think so?" Zoa nods her head vigorously before she confirms it verbally too.

"Yeah. Unnie, you look really pretty tonight. Like very gorgeous. Like a fairy!" Jihan laughs at the last comment.

"Thank you. You do as well." Zoa smiles brightly.

"How are you going to spend Christmas by the way?" Jihan asks and Zoa's face lights up.

"Oh usually I spend it with my parents, Clara and grandparents. We all gather at my parents' house and have lunch. Usually grandma brings her own lunch so we always eat like... a lot!" Zoa giggles at that before she continues.

"Grandma also likes giving us lots of gifts and then mom is like "stop spoiling Zoa mom she's not a kid anymore!" but I'm always thankful grandma gives me lots of gifts because they're always cool. Then at night usually one of the unniesjoins us. Last year it was Soojin unnie and her own family that had dinner with us. Two years ago it was Soeun unnie and her family and three years ago I've joined Monday unnie's home with my own family so it's Monday unnie's turn to visit my house with her own family this year. We usually do it like that so no one will be sulky or feel like it's unfair. But it doesn't matter honestly because we all eventually visit each other's houses and hang out all together throughout the holidays because our houses are near." Zoa says. Jihan has been watching her this whole time, thinking to herself that just by watching Zoa talking about the things that make her happy or the things that she usually does during holidays Jihan already feels like she's falling for her. Zoa just talking itself is already making the girl look so adorable and easy to fall for.

"My favorite part is when me and the unniesgather at Christmas night or New Year's at each other's houses ⏤though usually it's in my house because Soojin unnie says she doesn't want to make my parents worried, though they wouldn't be anyway⏤ and watch movies. Lots of Christmas movies that are about the Christmas spirit, about being a little nicer and giving a little more love, taking care of people around us, or makes us realize how important it is to have a family around us, friends or lovers. I just really love those movies and watching them with the unniesis always fun." Jihan smiles as she nods her head slowly.

"It sounds fun indeed. You must be very excited to spend this Christmas with them again this year." Zoa smiles brightly and nods her head surely.

"I am. Though it would be fun to hang out with you and Jaehee unnie too, during holidays. But you guys leave far..." Zoa replies and pouts at that.

"I'm going to miss you a lot, unnie." Zoa confesses then. Jihan's heart flutters and she feels her whole skin burning up and shuddering as Zoa's hold on her hands tightens just a little. Zoa is obviously not aware of the effect she has on Jihan with her actions, her small touches, her nice words and stares at all. She doesn't even do much yet Jihan is already melting... she doesn't even want to think what could happen to her if Zoa actually tried to flirt with her. The mere thought makes the girl's stomach flip.

"Me too." Jihan admits softly.

"How do you usually spend your holidays, unnie?" And so, Jihan talks to Zoa about her own Christmas holidays and how she gets to see relatives from abroad that she hasn't seen in a long time, gets to hear their news and receive lots of different gifts from abroad that indeed look cool and are always very interesting. Once she finishes talking and glances back at Zoa to see her reaction only then does she realize that the girl has been staring at her very intensely this whole time. She swears her stomach flips again and she almost falls off the table, if she hasn't been holding onto Zoa's hands that is...

"You have very pretty eyes, unnie. Has anyone told you so?" Zoa says, which is a little out of the blue as she doesn't comment anything on Jihan's stories or try to start a new conversation or something. The compliment simply came out of nowhere which shows just how long Zoa has been thinking about it as she's been staring at Jihan. Now Jihan is at a loss for words as her jaw drops, her lips almost curving up in a shy, happy smile but she tries to prevent it.

"I... uh... I'm not sure? Maybe?" Zoa giggles a little before she continues, leaning just a little closer to take a closer look at them, making Jihan's heart start beating just a little faster. Meanwhile in Zoa's head all that keeps on going is just how pretty Jihan is. She seriously just can't stop looking at her and she doesn't want to. Looking at Jihan makes her happy and giddy and it's seriously addicting looking at her because she's seriously just very pretty.

"You do. Even if no one has told you I assure you that you do. They're really deep, and dark and they just hold so many emotions in them. They're just so lively and that just makes them so charming that makes others only want to look at you more." Jihan's cheeks burn up at this point at her heart beats so fast in her chest she's sure her whole body is fluttering and buzzing out of nervousness and enthusiasm. Is Zoa seriously complimenting on her eyes now?

"I... uh... thanks..." She replies, forming a shy smile as she just can't stop it from appearing on her lips, feeling way too giddy inside. She wants to reply the same thing to Zoa, but once she looks at Zoa's eyes she knows that her compliment will turn out to be a whole confession and she's afraid she will end up spilling out all of her feelings for the taller girl and she really can't have that happening right now. So she shuts her lips, preventing herself from doing something stupid.

A slow, lower melody sounds on the speakers now, one that Zoa's ears immediately catch up as a familiar one before her brain identifies it as a Christmas song that Jiwoo has been obsessed with for the past two weeks. And before the lyrics even start playing on the speakers, Jiwoo rushes towards Zoa with a huge smile on her lips, excitement written all over her face.

"Zoa ya! It's my song! Come on, let's dance to it!" She exclaims excitedly, stealing Zoa from Jihan's side immediately. Zoa doesn't even get that time to properly excuse herself as she's dragged in the middle of the room wherein the majority of students have been dancing for a while now. Jiwoo immediately wraps her arms around Zoa's neck as she starts singing to the song, smiling widely.

I've got a crush, la-la-la-la-la-la

Like a school girl

And I wanna rush, la-la-la-la-la-la

Like a fool would

They sway their bodies left and right slowly like married couples do in their after parties when they have the first dance of the night, that one romantic waltz that's danced for a romantic, slow ballad. Zoa giggles softly, enjoying Jiwoo's excitement as the girl in front of her smiles like a fool, singing the song for the millionth time the past few days. She's been telling Zoa that she loves this song especially because she relates to its lyrics a lot.

So, step on the gas, la-la-la-la-la-la

Come on over

'Cause babe, it's Christmas, la-la-la-la-la-la

I wanna know ya

Zoa isn't sure how the rest of the students are dancing to this song, or how embarrassing she and Jiwoo might seem dancing like a couple to this song but she doesn't care. She doesn't care what they seem to be or what people will think of them or how they might mock them because she's having fun and as long as Jiwoo is happy, Zoa is happy too.

Run to me, run to me through the white night

'Cause I adore ya

Run to me, run to me through the white night

I'm waiting for ya

Jiwoo's eyes never leave Zoa's as she sings the song, leading the dance as she sways her hips and body to the rhythm, leading Zoa in the dance floor and making her follow suit, her fingers wrapped around the girl's neck. Zoa isn't in the dance club of their college but she's always practiced with Soeun and Monday before —and that's also one of the reasons they wanted her so bad in their club in the beginning— so she's pretty good at catching up with a choreography and after all swaying your body along to the rhythm isn't that hard.

It's Christmas time, so run for your life

Oh, Hallelujah

A snowy night, a woman on fire

I'm waiting for ya

So, here we go under the mistletoe

Oh, I adore ya

A snowy night, a woman on fire

Oh, Hallelujah

"You're a woman on fire tonight, you know that?" Jiwoo says in a light, playful tone, referring to the song's lyrics. Zoa laughs and shakes her head.

"I'm totally not."

"Keep disagreeing, you won't change my mind. Where's our mistletoe anyway?" Jiwoo jokes and Zoa laughs.

Oh, you and me here, underneath the mistletoe (Oh)

You and me here, underneath the mistletoe (Oh)

Under the mistletoe

Oh, you and me here, underneath the mistletoe (Oh)

You and me here, underneath the mistletoe (Oh)

Under the mistletoe

Kiss me 'til dawn, la-la-la-la-la-la

Hold me close now

You'll keep me warm, la-la-la-la-la-la

Keep the ghosts out

"Why do we need a mistletoe? Would you kiss me or something?" Zoa jokes and Jiwoo is just glad that the dim lights are just too dark to light up and show her blushing face because for a second there she's dreamt of it a little more than she should, for a second there she wanted it a little more than usual, for a second there she almost leaned in...

Run to me, run to me through the white night

'Cause I adore ya

Run to me, run to me through the white night

I'm waiting for ya

"No dummy. I would kiss you on the cheek though, because you're my friend and I adore ya." Jiwoo tries to say in a light playful tone as she would usually say, act and do as the playful and teasing best friend that she's always been to Zoa. She really can't act out of character now and get all soft and romantic or else she will creep out Zoa for sure.

It's Christmas time, so run for your life

Oh, Hallelujah

A snowy night, a woman on fire

I'm waiting for ya

So, here we go under the mistletoe

Oh, I adore ya

A snowy night, a woman on fire

Oh, Hallelujah

Zoa laughs and smiles happily at Jiwoo's words.

"Well then I would kiss you on the cheek too. Because I also adore ya." Zoa says happily as the song gets near to its end. Jiwoo smiles, a bittersweet smile that only she herself knows. She's just confessed her feelings through the song and through the "I adore ya" line but Zoa didn't get it. She's aimed her last shot. She's tried making Zoa happy that night before they would separate for Christmas. Jiwoo has made her choice for a while now. Tonight is her last night liking Zoa more than a friend should. She wouldn't try it any longer so tonight she's letting herself go and is actually giving it a shot, a subtle shot so she wouldn't scare Zoa, but yes, she's trying. She's trying before she gives up completely and moves on...

Oh, you and me here, underneath the mistletoe (Oh)

You and me here, underneath the mistletoe (Oh)

Under the mistletoe

Oh, you and me here, underneath the mistletoe (Oh)

You and me here, underneath the mistletoe (Oh)

Under the mistletoe

(Song: Underneath the Mistletoe - Sia)

The song comes to an end and Jiwoo loosens her hold on Zoa's neck before she says,

"Thank you for giving me this dance. It was wonderful. But I really need to get myself a drink now because I'm thirsty." Zoa laughs as she nods her head, allowing her friend to disappear into the crowd and get back to the bar without knowing that Jiwoo has just accomplished the mission Zoa has given her earlier. To dance with her crush. To make her move. To confess her feelings, in a way.

She's also totally unaware of how she's broken Jiwoo's heart with how clueless she is as she's also completely unaware of the bittersweet smile and glistening eyes Jiwoo has as she runs away from Zoa's hold to get her drink to forget her pain...

[...]

She can't believe it. She really can't. When she first realized that she had to leave home three months ago she felt homesick and a little afraid of leaving home. She easily missed her parents and felt extremely nervous for all the new things coming into her life for the first couple of days.

And now, here she is, after three whole months having made it to college, having made friends and close friends, having been a part of the basketball team for a while now and practicing hard for it and she already had to bid everyone goodbye to return back to her home, to mom and dad and Clara and spend her Christmas holidays. A part of her is really excited to see them again as she's missed them a lot.

Another part of her though is already sad to leave her dorm room, the one she's grown attached to, she's sad to leave Soojin's side as she's grown used to waking up with her around and falling asleep with her right there at her own bed a little further or at her desk reading. A part of her is sad to leave the basketball field and stop hanging out with her teammates to whom she's gotten used to hanging out with every once in a while out of practice and has even gone shopping with them. A part of her is sad to leave Jiwoo, as she's already missing her best friend's craziness as well as the girl's company in class, loving the fact that she's gotten so lucky to have Jiwoo out of all people as her seatmate in class. A part of her is sad to leave Jaehee who has been the only unnie she had so far who has been so shameless and brave ⏤she's even put up against Monday and has always left the girl speechless, who!? Monday! Which has always made Zoa laugh a lot by the way.

But the biggest part of her which is going to be extremely is sad is that one that adores Jihan. Jihan is the person whom Zoa has never thought she wouldn't see not even for a single day before and now suddenly she's forced to tell her goodbye and not see her for around two-three weeks... Jihan has always managed to put a smile on Zoa so easily, without even trying. Zoa would just automatically smile upon seeing her and... it's just too hard to explain in words how attached she's been to her lately, that seeing her every single day lately has become such a huge and strong need as the one of breathing, drinking water, eating or sleeping. Seeing Jihan has become a need at this point and Zoa can't bear at the thought of not seeing her. It hurts so much that she feels her chest heavy and aching along with her stomach. It's a foreign feeling that makes her feel just a little colder than the cold outside is supposed to make her feel.

She's not sure how to deal with this information...

"You have everything Hyewon?" Soojin brings the girl back to reality as she seems to have gotten too deep in her thoughts. They're in their dorm room, having packed everything and having cleaned and arranged the room perfectly in order to find it neat and tidy once they return back from holidays.

She looks at her suitcases in her hands before she checks at the handwritten list with the things she needed to take with her and nods her head once she makes sure she's checked through everything. The pout is evident in her lips though and no matter how she tries shaking hard that odd, sad feeling that feels like it's drilling through her heart making a huge whole and making Zoa feel so in pain, so lonely and so depressed and empty oh so suddenly, it just won't vanish...

"Hey, what's with the long face?" Soojin tries to comfort her.

"It's just..." Zoa shrugs her shoulders.

"It's stupid but I'm going to miss Jaehee and Jihan unnie a lot. Why can't we meet them during the Christmas holidays?" Soojin smiles sympathetically, finding Zoa's troubles a little too adorable. Someone would easily think that the girl is troubled and stressed out of her mind because of the lots of college studying she has to do or because of other serious matters but in reality, it's just the fact that she's going to miss her friends. Sometimes Soojin feels like Zoa's innocence and purity and lack of actual stress, problems and sadness in her life make her almost too angelic and unreal to actually be real and exist among them, among common humans and the hardships of life overall. She surely deserves a better world to live in, one that no one can surely offer her.

"I'm going to miss them too. I wish we could meet them, but it's a little hard. They live too far away and even if Monday would fetch us to Jaehee's or Jihan's houses we would have to know about their plans first before crashing onto their place, you know. These holidays are usually more family related and usually everyone meets with their families and relatives." Soojin tries to explain before she shrugs her shoulders. She pats Zoa's shoulder before she says,

"I'll talk to the girls and if we manage to find a convenient day for everyone I'll make sure to arrange a hangout for all of us. Ok?" Zoa lifts her head from hanging low as her sad eyes look at Soojin as if she's the most precious person in this world.

"Really? You'll try?" Soojin nods her head, making a mental note to herself to surely try her best in order not to see that sad expression on Zoa's face for the whole Christmas holidays.

"You already like our friends this much?" She asks softly and Zoa nods her head surely.

"I do. They're fun. And it feels like I've known them forever. Like how I know you and the eonnideul. You all feel like a family to me." Zoa says and Soojin smiles brightly, happy to hear those words from the younger girl.

"I'm glad, because I feel the same. Now, let's get going or else we'll miss the train." Soojin says as she walks up to the door. Zoa follows her, trying her hardest not to pout again but her mind is stuck and only keeps thinking of Jihan. She wishes she could bid the girl a last goodbye. But she's pretty sure the girl will be busy packing her own things to leave. After all, everyone has their own plans. Monday and Soeun would leave by the afternoon with Monday's car, Jihan and Jaehee would leave in a couple of hours with the bus, while Soojin and Zoa have to leave in the early morning to catch up on the bus that would get them to the train station.

The moment Zoa steps outside of their dorm room, waiting for Soojin to lock their dorm room she gasps upon facing Jihan and Jaehee standing outside of their dorm room.

"What are you doing here eonnideul?"

"We came to bid you goodbye. What? Did you really think we wouldn't bid you goodbye and wish you "Merry Christmas" pabo?" Jaehee says as she's faced with Zoa's shocked and confused expressions.

"No I just..." Zoa mumbles, not really sure of what to say. Soojin just chuckles while Jihan smiles softly, thinking that Zoa's confusion is endearing once again.

"I wish I could come until the train station but that's a long ride and I can't waste any time. I need to properly pack my things and leave in a few hours too." Jihan tells Zoa, trying to explain why they wouldn't follow them until the train station and why they were bidding them goodbye outside of their dorm rooms instead. Zoa parts her lips a little confused before she says,

"I didn't even think you would bid us goodbye. I thought you had packing to do!" She finally confesses, admitting that Jaehee's assumptions from seconds earlier were indeed true. Jaehee chuckles.

"Well, we indeed have packing to do but we won't meet up for weeks and I didn't want the last night of having seen you to be at a lame college party. Plus Jihan really wanted to see you before you guys leave." Jaehee says and Zoa's face lights up at that as her big round eyes land on Jihan curiously, almost asking her with just her eyes and stare if this was true. Jihan smiles shyly, hitting Jaehee on her shoulder before she tries to defend herself before Zoa would question her and then she wouldn't be able to reply properly.

"Hey! It wasn't only me who really wanted to see them! You also wanted to finish up packing quickly in order for us to go see Monday before we leave!" Jaehee forms a smug smile, not even embarrassed or shy about Jihan's statement as she nods her head in agreement.

"Damn that's right." She even says and giggles to herself.

"Merry Christmas you two!" She then wishes them both before she hugs Soojin and then Zoa.

"Hope you have lots of fun, eat lots of food and get lots of gifts. Zoa, I'm expecting more pictures of Clara. I would really like to meet her one day she's just too adorable!" Jaehee says and Zoa smiles, nodding her head. Jihan hugs Soojin too, wishing her to have fun on Holidays before she stops in front of Zoa, a sentimental smile on her lips, her hands reaching to land on Zoa's shoulders, the height difference between them forcing her to raise her hands higher than her own shoulders' height.

"I'm going to miss you." Jihan says, deciding to simply say just that instead of spilling out the uncountable things she's going to miss about Zoa and make the girl tired or scare her out about how many things she's noticed about her and remembers about her.

"I'm going to miss you too unnie." Zoa says before Jihan closes the gap between them, hugging Zoa tightly, her arms wrapped around Zoa's shoulders and neck. The hug lasts long and neither of the two girls want to break it, loving the comfortableness and warmth this hug makes them feel but also both of them wanting to be by each other's side longer than the time allows them to.

Jihan pulls her head back a little, taking a deep breath as she tries to force herself to finally bid goodbye to Zoa without crying or confessing or without getting too weak and just hugging the girl again for another one hour or so.

"Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas, mm?" She says softly, referring to one of the songs the two sang along to the night before at the crazy Christmas party. Zoa smiles widely at the reference but before she's able to wish her back Jihan leans forward and kisses Zoa's cheek. It's just a peck, but it's a long meaningful peck that leaves Zoa's skin shuddering, warm and numb for a long time after it's over.

"Have fun too, unnie." She wishes softly, her cheeks already warmed up at Jihan's soft actions and affection that makes Zoa's chest flutter a little too much and her whole body to warm up, her stomach feeling numb, as if butterflies have conquered it and had been wildly wiggling around.

Soojin takes Zoa's hand as the two wave goodbye to Jihan and Jaehee, walking down the hallway and heading towards the exit of the dorm. Zoa has been turning her head a lot to look at Jihan's figure again and again, not wanting this to be the last time she sees her. She wants to look at her a little more. She has the need to see her. Soojin just laughs at Zoa's adorable, lost state and before Zoa could even realize it another pair of arms are wrapped tightly around her as they reach the main gates of their college. Jiwoo has been waiting for them outside and as soon as she sees them she rushes up to Zoa, giving her a tight hug that surely squeezes Zoa's lungs and makes her a little too overwhelmed.

"Zo!" She exclaims as she buries her head on Zoa's chest. Zoa chuckles softly, finding Jiwoo's sentimentality adorable.

"Where are you going? How dare you leave me!?" Jiwoo exclaims, sounding a little overdramatic. But Jiwoo has always been like that so Zoa doesn't mind. She just smiles softly as she caresses her friend's top of her head, brushing her hair with her fingers softly.

"I'm going to miss you too. But I promise we'll be in touch, ok?" Zoa says and Jiwoo slowly nods her head in the hug but doesn't let go of Zoa just yet.

"Jiwoo ah, I might lose the bus." Jiwoo pouts as she moves her head back.

"It's not easy letting go of you, give me a few minutes!" Zoa laughs before she nods her head. Jiwoo tugs a few loose strands of her hair behind her ears before she clears her throat, trying to compose herself.

"I hope you have lots of fun. And I hope you have a very happy Christmas, cypress. And if you ever happen to get that holiday depression that many tend to feel at times, please give me a call. I'm the right person for these things because I'll simply say something stupid and crazy and you'll be back to smiling and laughing at me." Zoa laughs at Jiwoo's words and nods her head, promising that she will indeed call Jiwoo, depressed or not. Shesurely wonders for a couple of seconds though if she's ever felt that holiday depression that many feel but she realizes quickly that she hasn't because there has never been a reason to. She always had people that she loved and loved her back around her so...

"Have a happy Christmas too, Jiwoo ah." Zoa wishes the girl before she gives her another hug. Jiwoo holds Zoa's hands as they part, squeezing them softly as her eyes glisten a little, getting way too sentimental for a best friend bidding goodbye to their best friend as they're going to be separated for a few weeks...

She forms a bittersweet smile before she lets go of Zoa's hands and waves goodbye to Zoa who waves back, a happy grin on her lips, not really noticing what's going on with Jiwoo's messed up feelings. For Jiwoo, her whole world crumbles down and ironically enough Zoa who's supposed to be her best friend but also the cause of her sadness isn't even able to notice this...

Soojin looks at the two a little troubled though, but decides not to say anything or question Jiwoo anytime soon as the girl seems to be struggling a lot now. She instead wishes Jiwoo to have a nice Christmas before she holds Zoa's hands and the two walk away, heading towards the bus station to catch up with the bus and soon the train too.

======================================================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524 17 8
There are many different ways people cope with having a crush on someone , some may be more common than others , but a well known heartthrob just can...
3.6K 202 22
Soyeon, was living the most normal life a university student could at Berkeley Heights. Until she came. Song Yuqi. The social butterfly that quickly...
13.7K 946 31
[COMPLETED] Two classmates,Two worlds... Different friends, Different mindsets,Polar opposites... One murder,A dead body, A gang on the tail, Two wit...