Issues

By greenappleinatree

"Does everyone know me as Oscar's sister?" More

Prologue
Season 1: uno
Season 1: dos
Season 1: tres
Season 1: quatro
Season 1: cinco
Season 1: seis
Season 1: siete
Season 1: ocho
Season 1: nueve
Season 1: diez
Season 1: once
Season 1: doce
Season 1: catorce
Season 1: quince
Season 1: dieciséis

Season 1: trece

336 3 0
By greenappleinatree

'Jesus, Ruby' Angel sighed as Ruby slammed a heavy book on the table, making us all jump.

We were back at Ruby's house, planning Olivia's quince together. Angel went along because she wanted to help.

Who am I kidding? She was bored and has to wait till tomorrow to buy weed. So she went with us.

'Everyone, please open your e-devices and find the email I sent titled 'Winning'' he told us in a formal tone. 'Why winning?' I asked him confused as we began looking for his email.

'Why not?' He answered, making Angel shrug from beside me. 'Find it? Good'

'Because after copious hours of searching through Olivia's quincespirations' Ruby began. Angel and I looked at eachother confused before trying to say the word 'quincespirations'.

'I've compiled the best ideas on a Pinterest page on the link below her headshot' he continued. 'You look like Britney Spears with that mic' I told Ruby, making Angel nod heavily in agreement.

'Where's Olivia?' Cesar asked annoyed. 'The princesa doesn't need to be bothered with the details' Ruby stated like it was obvious.

'But, isn't it her quince?' Angel asked, but quickly raised her hands in defense as Ruby gave her a death stare.

'Now, anyone else have a dumb question? Huh? Good' he said, before he could respond.

'And before we really get going, I'd like to remind you that we're not just friends and family, we're damas and chambelanes in Olivia's court de honor, which means being honorable and dedicated' he continued.

'Wait, I'm a dama?' Angel asked confused. 'Yes, you are. You're part of this now' Ruby said sternly, making Angel whine. 'I have to go to every fuckin meeting now?' She whined to me. She groaned as I nodded at her.

'So, take a look at our mandatory rehearsal schedule and-' Ruby got cut off by his Britney Spears mic ringing.

'Excuse me. I need to take this' he cleared his throat before answering the phone. 'Ruby's fancy festivities'

Angel and I snort at the name, Jamal trying not to laugh. 'How are you and Elijah' Angel whispered as everyone was busy doing something.

'Good' I whispered back, smiling. 'You're smiling' she teased, making me blush. 'Do you think you guys are gonna become a couple?' She asked me, making me shrug.

'I mean, I don't think I'll hate it' I told her. Angel gasped, I immediately shushed her. 'You really like him' she said, making me nod. 'Let's hope he really likes me too'

'Apparently ordering a goat drawn carriage is more complicated that I thought' Ruby sighed, cutting our conversation short.

'Who knew there was a goat wranglers union? I kid you not' he told us, Angel laughing after what he said.

'Pun intended' Ruby pointed at Jamal. 'Whatever, man' Jamal rolled his eyes. 'So, we're gonna need to rethink the carriage' Ruby sighed.

'You all think the twins can pull it?' Ruby asked hopefully. 'No' Cesar stated as we all looked at him like we're crazy. 'That's child abuse, Ruby' I told him.

'Fine, moving on' he sighed. 'The following individual responsibilities-' 'I'll handle music' Cesar sighed, already knowing what Ruby was gonna say.

'Great minds think alike, compa'

'Monse, given your expert penmanship, you're gonna do invitations' Ruby told her. 'No' she smiled fakely at him.

'Use card stock' he told her anyway. 'Jamal, you can cater. And by you, I mean your dad' Ruby clarified.

''How many people?' Jamal asked sighing. 'Well' Ruby began thinking out loud. 'There's us, and then the block, and... three hundred' Ruby shrugged.

'Three hundred people?!' Jamal exclaimed. 'You're right, better make it three hundred fifty'

'Jamal will do the flowers. I will do the food' Abuelita said from behind us. 'What do I know about flowers?' Jamal asked her confused.

'Nothing, which is why you need to go to Mr Greenthumb' Abuelita said smiling. 'Mr Greenthumb will help you'

'Who the fuck is Mr Greenthumb?' Angel asked confused. 'Language' Abuelita told her, making Angel nod. 'Si, señora'

'All of the sudden you speak Spanish' I laughed as she almost pushed me off the chair.

'Oh, Mr Greenthumb!' Jamal exclaimed.

'You two will help the princess while getting ready' Ruby told Angel and I. 'Do anything for her not to stress her out'

Angel and I smiled before Ruby quickly stopped us. 'No weed!'

Party pooper.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

'So, he's a little eccentric' Olivia's said as all of us stood in Ruby's living room the next day. He made us come her to practice the dance.

'Had a late night?' Angel asked as I yawned for the hundredth time today. I nodded my head as I rubbed my eye, the way you don't mess up your mascara.

'He's not eccentric, he's a quincecabra' Monse said as Ruby stopped the music. 'Is he in his Britney Spears era?' Angel asked as we both looked how Ruby was dressed. With a headband and everything.

'Monse, you're consistently failing with your face' Ruby told her sternly. 'See what I'm doing? It's body' he made himself as little as possible before dramatically going back up. 'Then face'

'If people are looking at your face, they can't tell how much you suck' Ruby told her, making Monse's mouth open in shock.

'So much attitude in such a little person' I told Angel.

'Sorry I'm late' Jamal came running in. 'Silencio!' Ruby exclaimed. 'No one wants to hear your excuses. Look at Cesar'

We all looked at Cesar and saw him on his phone, not paying attention to anything.

'Or don't' Ruby said, not wanting Jamal to do the same thing. 'The point is, he takes time in life and death situations to be prompt and you don't'

'Everybody, again, from the top' Ruby said, making Angel and I groan.

Ruby put on the music and made us copy his waltz dance moves. 'It's a square, people. It's a square' Ruby said annoyed as we were all getting it wrong.

'It's not my fault, Ruby. I failed math' Angel joked, making me snort.

Then the music changed to another song. 'Turn' we all tried to copy Ruby as he began doing some complicated dance moves.

'And one, and two, and three, and' Ruby posed. Monse, Jamal, Angel and I began dancing like were in the club.

'No, no' Ruby quickly turned the music off, just when I was gonna twerk on Angel. 'Hey!'

'You're not even trying' Ruby said to us, frustrated. 'Ruby, you're a natural, we're not' Olivia told him. 'We need an easier routine'

'Speak for yourself' Angel said and began twerking against me as I danced behind her.

'Nonsense! You just need some practice' Ruby denied, making us stop dancing as we probably had to practice again.

'And I have some backup. She should be here any minute' he told us. 'I swear to god, if Britney Spears comes out of that door right now' I said to Angel.

'Who?' Monse asked him confused. 'The talent, bitches. Hey!' Jasmine said as she walked through the door.

Ruby put the music back on and he and Jasmine began doing the routine.

'And that's just a taste' Jasmine said as they were finally done. 'Yeah, I got you shook' she told us as we were all quiet. I was just bored and I think I can speak for Angel too.

'You see, I'm like a Tootsie pop. You got to keep licking to get to the surprise' she said before taking a puff from her inhaler.

'Is that my dress?' Olivia asked her. 'Nope' Jasmine scoffed. 'Maybe, yeah' she admitted, making Olivia sigh.

'Don't get worked up. It's just a loan' Jasmine defended. 'But now there's a big hole in the back'
Olivia pointed out.

'Yeah, where you stabbed me in that 'everybody kill Jasmine' game' Jasmine stated, making me roll my eyes.

'I shouldn't even be here right now' Jasmine said dramatically. 'But I have a heart'

'Heart' Ruby whispered.

'Plus, it's your quince and I don't wanna regret not being one of your damas when we live together in our twenties' she squealed, clapping her hands.

'We're living together' Angel pointed at me. 'Deal'

'Now, let's get to work'

'Music to my ears' Ruby responded. 'Everybody, grab your partners'

'Olivia and Cesar, Jamal and Monse, Angel and Dani, me and Jasmine'

'Hey, sexy, you come her often?' I winked at Angel as we laughed, Ruby shushing us immediately.

'On second thought, beter pair the good with the bad. You go work with Jamal' he told Jasmine. 'Monse!'

Jasmine and Monse switched partners, much to Monse's dismay.

Ruby put on the music and we all began slow dancing.

'Angel, less ass, more square' Ruby told her, Angel giving him a death stare. 'I'll choke you with that headband of yours'

'I was really hoping Britney Spears was gonna come out of the front door' I sighed. 'Yeah, me too' Angel agreed.

The next day, we had practice AGAIN. But Angel and I came a little later since we couldn't get through this practice sober.

'Chinese food, oh my god' I mumbled as Angel and I entered the house. In the middle of the coffee table we're two bags full of Chinese food.

'You're late!' Ruby exclaimed and slapped our hands away from the food. We both turned our attention towards him, frowning.

'Are you guys high?' Ruby asked annoyed as he looked at us. 'You're high' Angel scoffed. 'He's not high, he's short, dumbass' I told her, before we both began laughing.

'Sit down' he sighed.  Angel and I sat down on the couch next to the others. 'So, it turns out the dancing horse doesn't actually dance' Ruby began.

'Wait, that actually excists?' I asked confused. 'He just said it doesn't dance, dumbass' Angel replied.

'I can dance that part too' Jasmine jumped up and began dancing like she was riding a horse.

'What? I don't see anyone else stepping up' Jasmine said before sitting down again.

'But, you're not a horse' Angel said slowly. 'She's not a horse, is she?' She asked Olivia in confused, Olivia shaking her head.

'Cesar, what do you think about riding bareback with a sword?' Ruby asked him, making Cesar furrow his eyebrows.

'Where am I gonna get a sword?' Cesar asked, sighing.

'Do I have to do everything myself?' Ruby asked annoyed. 'No!' Olivia exclaimed, all of us turning our attention towards her.

'She's not gonna speak Spanish again, is she?' I mumbled to Angel.

'What's the problem, princesa?' Ruby asked her confused. 'You! You're the problem!' She exclaimed and stood up.

'Take dinner. We're adjourned' Olivia told us.  We all done in before Ruby tried to take it back. 'But you haven't earned it yet!'

'Enough!' Olivia shouted, making Angel and I jump.

'A quince is supposed to be a celebration, but now it's a chore' Olivia sighed. 'Nobody wants to do this, least of all me. It's cancelled'

'The quince is off' Olivia told us. 'No' we all told her. 'See you at school tomorrow' she said before putting the bags of food on our lap.

'Can we eat now?' I whispered to Cesar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.2K 4.8K 51
Based on my favourite jodi anidita ...❤️❤️
79.5K 2K 30
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
101K 3.8K 21
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !