Golden Eyes (Persona 4 x Male...

By Hey-guys64

After a hard last year at Gekkoukan, a boy decided that he couldn't live without solving a mystery of his pas... More

This is a Sequel
Chapter 1: Welcome Part 3 & Knuckles
Chapter 2: Cool New Feature
Chapter 3: New Understanding
Chapter 4: Drifting Soul
Chapter 5: Get Up
Chapter 6: Reconnection
Chapter 7: Kindhearted Punk
Chapter 8: This is Uncomfortable
Chapter 9: A Broken Delivery
Chapter 10: The Pick Up Hick Up
Chapter 11: Camping Fiasco
Chapter 12: Fallen Idol
Chapter 14: A Perfect World for the Lost

Chapter 13: Strip for Self-Discovery

453 14 9
By Hey-guys64

Hello everybody. Why the fuck is the bold text up here? It should be underlined and Italicised based on the pretence in the P3 story. Yeah, that's right. I remember the features that were only used for around 16 chapters. Anyway, I'm here to state that this was written over a month ago. Yes, even this text. However, that's not entirely everything; I just wanted to inform you all that the writing has morphed a little bit throughout this chapter. I hope you are fine with it. If not, I'm sorry, but you have to try new things every now and then. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Wordcount *7552*

Time skip 23/6/16 Dojima resident, midnight.

After what happened earlier today with Rise, I returned home to see that Yu and Nanako were already having dinner. I joined in, and it was a nice meal; however, I was still thinking back to Rise, plus I was worried about what could happen to her. Soon, it got late, and Dojima didn't come back, so Yu read Nanako a story while I went upstairs to our room. It wasn't long until Yu came back and joined me on the couch, waiting for midnight. 

Yu: "So, I saw you were with Rise yesterday. Did anyone strange appear?"

Y/N: "No, but I wouldn't say she's safe. She wasn't particularly in the best of moods by the end of the day."

Yu: "Something bad happened?"

Y/N: "I don't know, but I think it might be beneficial if she faced her shadow."

Yu: "Why so?"

Y/N: "She's confused, and she's hurting herself. She's doing a me, and I know it's hard to find happiness in that state of mind."

Yu: "Do you have any idea what she's neglecting?"

Y/N: "The part of her that was an idol. I get why she quit, but she denies the fact that she enjoys the work."

Yu: "Similar to you."

Y/N: "Not really, but sure, if you can pull a couple of strings to make a submarine work."

Yu: "What does that mean?"

Y/N: "It was supposed to be a juxtaposition of how different our jobs are, but now I am thinking about it... they're pretty similar with all the lies and pedophiles."

Yu: "Feel sorry for you."

Y/N: "Nah, I'm fine. Another aspect I enjoy from the job."

Yu: "Speaking to pedophiles?"

Y/N: "What, no! Exposing the pedophiles! Dude, please don't associate me with those freaks."

Yu: "But you speak to them, so you have to associate with them."

Y/N: "Can you stop taking the mick out of me?"

Yu: "The what?"

Y/N: "Oh, just shut up and go make some origami."

He did just that. After gathering some coloured paper, Yu began folding paper cranes. After the eighth crane, he stared at his work before looking back at me, now ready one of the velvet books.

Yu: "Hey, just in case that hurt your feelings, I wanted to tell you I'm sorry."

Y/N: "What? It's alright. I get that it was a joke; no need to apologize."

Yu: "I just wanted to make sure."

Insanity: 'His understanding increased... from origami.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'What origami does to a man. Maybe he won't eat something that used to be a pear.'

Yu returned to making some origami while I returned to the book. As midnight drew near, Yu pulled me out of my book and informed me that it was nearly midnight. I saved my page and watched as he went to the window to check if it was still raining. 

When he returned to the couch, he grabbed the TV remote and sat down next to me. I was a little confused but didn't bother to ask. The hour-hand tick from the clock on the wall aligned perfectly with the TV, magically turning itself onto the midnight channel. Instantly, the first thing it showed was a butt with a gold bikini.

Shadow Rise: "Marukyu! I'm a spring flower blooming into a high school idol."

The camera panned across the body of Rise's shadow before finally reaching a close-up shot of her face.

Shadow Rise: "That's right, it's me, Risette."

Insanity: 'Wow, her tits are bigger.'

The shadow suddenly gained a blushed face and turned her eyes away from the camera.

Shadow Rise: "And this time... I'm about to take on the most extreme challenge."

She pulled a female Yasogami high school uniform from under the camera and hovered it above her chest. While that was happening, I heard the sound of Yu's desperate attempt to mash the record button. I was disgusted, but I could understand what he was doing.

Shadow Rise: "I'm going to strip for you."

Yu&Y/N: "Strip!"

Our confused interest turned straight into flabbergastment — with a little bit of arousal mixed in.

Shadow Rise: "Ugh! I'm so embarrassed! But if I'm gonna do it then. I am gonna go all the way! I'll take it off all for you. So stay tuned."

She giggled before blowing a kiss to the camera, which caused the midnight channel to cut out. Instantly, Yu's phone began to ring, and we knew who it was.

Yu: "Hello." 

Yosuke: "Dude! She said strip right!"

Yosuke was so loud that Yu had to pull the phone away from his ear, and I even heard him.

Yu: "She did."

Yosuke: "For real! It's getting crazier and crazier."

Y/N: "Yosuke calm down. The entire neighbourhood can hear you."

Youske: "Huh, Y/N! Oh, ah yeah ye-"

Eventually, Yosuke calmed down, quieting his tone of voice so that it wouldn't break Yu's ear if he placed his phone on it.

Yu: "It's like her other self is unhinged and is spinning completely out of control."

Yu turned the TV on while he listened to Yosuke on the phone. 

Yu: "Yeah, I'm sure of it."

I assumed Yosuke had gone back to talking with Yu, so I began setting up my futon.

Yu: "Let's go tomorrow."

After hanging up, Yu changed the TV's mode to the video recorder, but nothing was there.

Yu: "Figures."

Completely ignoring what Yu just said and did, I tried to redirect the conversation over to tomorrow.

Y/N: "Welp, I assume we're going in the TV tomorrow?"

Yu: "Yeah, I need you to go over to the Tofu shop and see if you can get anything with Rise scent."

Y/N: "That sounds morally ambiguous. What do you have planned?"

He just stared at me with a deadpan expression.

Time skip 24/6/16 Early morning, Dojima resident

I was suddenly awoken from my wonderful sleep by my phone rapidly vibrating next to me. I pushed myself up and grabbed the phone to see what was happening. It happened to be a barrage of messages from the old SEES group chat celebrating Ken's birthday.

Junpei: 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN!!!'

Junpei: 'Chidori also wishes you a happy birthday, Ken.'

Insanity: '6:09 am... hopefully Ken has his phone on silence.'

Shinjiro: 'You gonna wake him up, idiot.'

Mitsuru: 'It's not that early, Shinjiro. However, happy birthday, Amada.'

Hamuko: 'Just because you forgot to put your phone on silence doesn't mean Ken didn't.'

Hamuko: 'Happy birthday, Ken!'

Yukari: 'Still, it would have been nicer if Stupei did it later.'

Junpei: 'Hey, I thought you would stop calling me that now.'

Akihiko: 'Happy birthday, Ken. There should be something coming through the mail.'

Shinjiro: 'Where the hell have you been where you don't answer your calls?'

Akihiko: 'I've been busy.'

Y/N: 'You could have just said the country you're in.'

Akihiko: 'I'm somewhere in South America. The southern part of Argentina or Chile. I'm just glad I found a place to stay tonight.'

Yukari: 'Where have you been staying, Akihiko-senpai.'

Akihiko: 'Normally, I've been making my own camp.'

Shinjiro: 'Jesus Christ, Aki. I told you to be sensible about it.'

Akihiko: 'I am. I need to challenge myself a little bit.'

Y/N: 'At least you didn't run into a cartel.'

Akihiko: 'Actually, I dealt with one of those.'

Mitsuru: 'Akihiko, that's extremely dangerous. You could have gotten killed.'

Akihiko: 'It wasn't that bad.'

Shinjiro: 'God, do I have to pull your ass back over here?"

Akihiko: 'You couldn't survive for a day out here.'

Shinjiro: 'Because I'm not stupid enough to do the shit you're doing.'

Mitsuru: 'Both of you, please refrain from fighting in the group chat.'

Y/N: 'When are they not fighting?'

Junpei: 'When hell freezes over.'

Fuuka: 'Junpei, please don't make it worse.'

Junpei: 'But Y/N...'

Akihiko: 'We're not that bad.'

Shinjiro: 'They're just minor disagreements.'

Mitsuru: 'If these are minor disagreements, then I worry what an actual fight between you two looks like.'

Aigis: 'Ken is currently reading through our messages at the moment.'

Junpei: 'He hasn't even said thank you to us yet.'

Yukari: 'Can't blame him since I wouldn't know where to start.'

Y/N: 'I good entertainment for the morning.'

Fuuka: 'Y/N, please don't find entertainment through this.'

Y/N: 'I'm just trying to see the positives.'

Fuuka: 'Happy birthday, Ken-kun.'

Yukari: 'Oh, happy birthday, Ken.'

Ken: 'Thanks, guys. Would have preferred it later in the day.'

Shinjiro: 'I told you.'

Junpei: 'Hey, he needed to be up bright and early for school today.'

Y/N: 'I'm surprised you were up before him this morning.'

Junpei: 'Hey, I was never that bad.'

Hamuko: 'You can keep telling yourself that, Junpei.'

Y/N: 'You can't talk Muko.'

Hamuko: 'You stalking me.'

Mitsuru: 'Don't start another fight in the group chat again.'

Y/N: 'But they're kind of fun.'

Mitsuru: 'Y/N.'

Y/N: '8==D'

The group chat paused for a moment, which felt like minutes — I had the biggest smile plastered on my face.

Fuuka: 'Y/N, don't do that.'

Hamuko: 'Quite small, if I say.'

Junpei: 'You trying to get killed, Y/N.'

Yukari: 'Hamuko, you've told me you've never seen one in person before.'

Hamuko: 'Nearly did if someone didn't slap themselves.'

Mitsuru: 'Y/N, expect the worst today.'

Y/N: 'You can't even reach me.'

Mitsuru: 'I have my connections.'

Shinjiro: 'Can't we all just forget about this and move on like adults.'

Hamuko: 'Oh, I've got an idea.'

Hamuko: 'Let's all meet this afternoon and celebrate with Ken.'

Junpei: 'Yeah, that sounds awesome.'

Yukari: 'That'll be fun.'

Aigis: 'I'll be free for the entire afternoon, so I will be able to come.'

Fuuka: 'I'll be free as well.'

Mitsuru: 'I'll try to leave early this afternoon.'

Ken: 'You don't have to do this if you can't make it.'

Y/N: 'Oh, sweet. I didn't know how Aki would get there on time.'

Hamuko: 'You better be prepared, Ken, because you are going to be with us this afternoon, and there's no stopping us.'

I turned my phone off, leaving the discussion as I looked longingly at the black phone screen. However, I got up, sighing the convoluted emotions away, and headed downstairs. I joined Yu and Nanako for breakfast before getting ready for school. As Yu and I walked across the floodplain's road, we discussed how to find Rise.

Yu: "Do you think you'll have any way of finding something of Rise's?"

Y/N: "I hope all I have to do is ask and answer questions later."

Yu: "How do you think Rise's grandmother is handling the situation?"

Y/N: "I... I don't know. Not well, most likely."

I looked down at the ground for a moment before coming to a realisation.

Y/N: "I'm going to skip school today. I'll be in the TV world with Teddie, waiting for you guys."

Yu: "I'll see you then."

Yu waved goodbye as I made my way to the shopping district in front of Marukyu's store. The shop's door had a note taped with black hiragana stating the store was closed. I stared at the knowing that Marukyu was not handling Rise's disappearance well. I tried to open the door, and it slid for me easily. 

Insanity: 'She must be waiting for Rise to return.'

I looked around the front of the store and noticed that Marukyu was not there.

Y/N: "Marukyu! I heard the news. Can I talk?"

I called out with a worried tone, hoping she was upstairs. The sound of footsteps slowly descending down the stairs calmed me; however, seeing the elderly woman's face soured that calmness.

Y/N: "Marukyu, are you okay?"

Marukyu: "Of course not. Rise hasn't come back, and I fear the worst."

Y/N: "It will be alright."

Marukyu: "How can you be so sure? The police haven't found the killer of those murders that occurred at the start of the year. What if they took her from me?"

Y/N: "Hey, don't think that. I promise she'll be back here soon."

Marukyu: "Why, Y/N? Why would they do this?"

Y/N: "There are some twisted people in the world, but you can't stay in this hopeless state of mind. I'll bring her back, trust me."

I hugged the older woman and slowly comforted her until she felt better.

Marukyu: "Thank you, Y/N. I trust you that you'll find Rise."

Suddenly, the tower arcana appeared before me.

Arcana: 'Thou aren't I... And I am thou... Thou hast increase their bond... It brings thou closer to the truth... Thou hast increased the Strength arcana to their eighth level.'

The tarot card disappeared, and I was brought back into reality.

Marukyu: "If you're going to look for her, I'll give you this."

She handed me Rise's phone from her pocket.

Marukyu: "I found this in front of the store this morning. I hope this will be of some kind of assistance."

Y/N: "This will be more than enough. I'll get her back."

Marukyu: "Thank you, Y/N."

I smiled at her before exiting the store with Rise's phone. After slipping her phone into my pocket, I went to Junes' electronics section and jumped into the TV. As I put on my glasses, I noticed Teddie on his hands and knees, looking depressed.

Y/N: "Teddie, are you alright?"

I made my way over to him and rested my arm on his back.

Teddie: "While all of you were out there having fun, you forgot all about me. I was so beary alone."

Y/N: "Um, Teddie... It's only me."

Teddie: "What!? You mean that the others have forgotten about me."

Y/N: "Teddie, we never forgot about you. I will admit it was a little wrong not coming to check on you constantly, but you have to understand that we get busy."

Insanity: "You walk around most days doing nothing."

Teddie: "Ah, Y/N! There's a shadow!"

Insanity: "I'm not a shadow; I'm kind of like a hivemind."

I looked over my shoulder and saw Insanity standing there with his arms crossed, causing me to roll my eyes.

Y/N: "Great, you can do it here too."

Insanity: "Yeah, the fog works like some kind of projector."

Y/N: "How often are you going to do this?"

Insanity: "Most likely never again, based on how Teddie's rolling around the place."

 I turned back to Teddie and saw him rolling around the floor.

Teddie: "I'm going to die. I don't want to die. I'm too beariful to die."

Y/N: "Teddie! He's not going to kill you. You're not going to kill him, are you?"

Insanity: "No, I quite like the bear puns. It's bearific."

Y/N: "I might kill myself instead."

Teddie: "Huh, you mean he's not going to kill me."

Y/N: "Yeah. He ain't."

Teddie stopped rolling on the ground and stood next to me.

Y/N: "I need you to do something. Someone else is in the TV now, and well, I got you something of theirs to sniff them out."

I pulled Rise's phone out of my pocket, but Teddie snatched it before I could even tell him who the person was.

Y/N: "Woah. Back to your normal self again."

Teddie didn't reply, just focusing on the scent on the phone. After around 20 minutes, Teddie stopped sniffing the phone.

Teddie: "I got it! She's around that way."

Teddie pointed towards one of the bridges leading off the stage, and he began walking over there.

Y/N: "Teddie, wait! We've got to wait for the others."

Teddie: "Huh, oh yeah. Why aren't they here?"

Y/N: "They're currently at school. I guess I'm skipping again."

Teddie: "Won't you get in trouble?"

Y/N: "Yes, but I don't really care. Rather spend the time with you, Teddie."

Teddie: "You really mean it."

Y/N: "Of course, you're my friend, and I can guarantee that the rest of the team will agree with me."

Teddie: "That's the nicest thing anyone said to me."

Insanity: "Not a lot of competition then."

Y/N: "Wow, way to ruin the moment."

An unexpected force then pushed me back as Teddie hugged me. I patted his head with an exhausted smile.

Y/N: "Teddie, don't think you're useless. We have you around because you're useful and a friend."

Teddie: "Even Yosuke?"

Insanity: "Definitely Yosuke. He's really insecure about himself."

Y/N: "That's the reason why he pokes fun at all our insecurities. We all from the same pack."

Insanity: "Was that a bear pun I heard."

Y/N: "That one wasn't forced. Plus, a pack just means group or family."

Teddie: "So we're all family?"

Y/N: "In a way, you could say."

Time skip After school.

After spending a couple of hours in the TV world with Teddie and Insanity, the rest of the Investigation Team suddenly fell from the sky, and the next thing I knew, I was being hugged by my childhood friend. I sighed, quickly returning the hug before patting her shoulder, causing her to let go. I looked around, noticing that Kanji had carried a foldable metal chair and that Insanity had disappeared.

Y/N: "So, did I miss anything important?"

Chie: "You miss being lectured by King Moron about your attendance."

Y/N: "Anything else."

Yukiko: "No, just expanding on the topics from yesterday."

Yu: "Teddie, have you found Rise?"

Teddie: "Don't worry, Sensei. My nose sniffed her out."

We all looked at him, a little disturbed by his choice of words, but Teddie was too naive to realise the innuendo.

Teddie: "Why are you all making that unbearable face?"

Yosuke: "Do you ever think about what you say, you damn bear?"

Teddie: "What did I say wrong?"

Yu: "Let's just save Rise."

Yosuke: "Fine."

Teddie: "Everyone, follow my nose!"

After grabbing our weapons, Teddie began leading everyone, with Yu, Yukiko and Teddie in the front, Kanji, Yosuke and Jess in the middle and Chie and I in the back of the line. As we walked, I noticed Chie's eyes drifting over at me before snapping back to the path ahead.

Y/N: "You want to say something?"

Chie: "What? No, what gave you that idea?"

Y/N: "You really want me to answer that?"

Chie: "No."

Y/N: "So, what's on your mind, Chie-sensei?"

Chie blushed from my little tease with her name.

Chie: "Don't call me that. You're more experienced than me anyway."

Y/N: "I don't know. Your kick hurt the last time we trained together."

 Chie: "That was an accident. I didn't mean for it to actually hit you."

Y/N: "I know... but still, it hurt quite a bit."

Chie: "Can you just forget it? I've already paid you back."

Y/N: "And miss the chance to see your blushing face, never."

Chie: "Why do you still have to be such an asshole?"

Y/N: "Blame the people I'm friends with. But what did you want to ask before?"

Chie: "Huh... oh yeah. This may sound weird, but I was curious why Jess was hugging you before."

Y/N: "Oh, she does that when she's stressed. My ex used to get jealous when Jess did it before an exam or some external problem. Do you need one? Hugs are a good way to let your pent-up feelings without words."

Just as Chie's face was beginning to return to normal, it went straight back to beat red like she was slapped in the face.

Chie: "Wh-What!? I-I am alright, n-not that I oppose the idea of it, b-but I need to go talk to Yukiko about the homework. Yeah... I'll talk to you soon, Y/N."

She then rushed up to the front of the group, forcefully interjecting in Yu and Yukiko's conversation. This caused the grey-haired boy to look back at me confused, to which I replied with a shrug. 

Y/N (Thoughts): 'I think Chie needs a hug.'

Insanity: 'That's what you gained from that interaction.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'No, I learnt that I need to do the homework. But it looks like she needs one. Think about it. It's helped Mitsuru, Fuuka, Muko, Yukar... I don't think I ever gave Yukari a hug before. I most probably should have after Minato died.'

Insanity: 'Yeah, but it could have looked like you were taking advantage of the situation.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'We both know that's not true... I hope they're doing okay.'

Insanity: 'They seemed fine this morning, so stop worrying about that. We've got bigger fish to worry about at the moment.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'That's true. Save Rise first, doubt later.'

Insanity: 'God man, you needed some more love in your childhood.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'What gave you that idea? The want for more hugs or the suicide attempts.'

Insanity: 'The hugs.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'What!? How does that make sense?... Oh, actually, that technically makes some sense with the right context. Okay, I'll let that slide.'

Insanity: 'You'll let that one slide, but not when I identify you crushing on girls.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Oh, look at that, we made it.'

Insanity: 'Son of a Bitch!'

Ignoring Insanity's heartless comment about my mother, we stood in front of a large club. The front entrance had pink illuminated lights stating Marukyu above the door. 

Yu: "Rise's here?"

Teddie: "I smell her loud and clear."

Yosuke: "Dude, isn't this one of those clubs you find next to an old inn at some washed-up tourist town."

Yukiko: "Uh! No, not by my family's inn."

Jess: "No one visits Inaba for tourism, Yukiko."

Jess's comment seemed to calm Yukiko down a little. However, I couldn't pay too much attention to what they were saying since Kanji bumped into me.

Kanji: "Sorry, Senpai. I can barely see with all this damn fog around."

Chie: "Oh yeah. You never did get a pair of glasses for here, did you, Kanji?"

Teddie: "My bad. I totally forgot. Here."

Teddie stuffed around in his pockets and pulled out the gag glasses he had made earlier. Kanji grabbed them and wore them with an unimpressed face.

Kanji: "Um, bear. Why the hell did I get these?"

Everyone gained a small smirk from Kanji wearing them; however, Yukiko was trying to hold in her laughter. 

Yukiko: "You... look great..."

Kanji: "Yo, cut the crap Ted. I want another pair of glasses."

Teddie hid behind Yu's back, trying to hide his enjoyment.

Teddie: "What's wrong, you don't like that pair?"

Kanji: "Hell no, I don't!"

Y/N: "Calm down, Kanji; you might have caught Teddie by surprise. It's most likely the only pair he has. Anyway, we've got more important business."

Kanji: "Damn... Hey, sorry about yelling at you, Ted."

Teddie: "No offence taken!"

Insanity: 'Teddie definitely has a proper pair of glasses.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Yep.'

Yu: "Alright, let's go inside."

We all nodded; however, it seemed that Yosuke was the most eager to investigate further. As we walked through the entrance, it led to a hallway with pink lights and immaculate and shining tiles.

Yosuke: "There are some exciting possibilities here."

Jess: "That's what you're thinking about."

Kanji: "So this is what these places are like on the inside."

As Kanji finished, we made our way into a dark, large oval room with a middle stage connected to the back of the room via pink curtains. The stage had a large metal pole that reached the roof and seats surrounding the edges of the room. 

Shadow Rise: "Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome, let me guide you through this sparkling world of wonder."

Suddenly, the lights turned on, revealing the pink and red aesthetic of the club. The sound of an elevating platform foreshadowed the appearance of six Rises, all wearing different outfits, standing in the centre of the stage.

Chie: "That's a whole lot of Risette."

Yosuke: "Yeah, and I know all of them! That first one is fro..."

I blocked out Yosuke's explanations of the history because Rise's Shadow began to rise from below the stage.

Shadow Rise: "Okay! This show is called Risette's Dynamite Body! Are you all ready!?"

Yosuke: "I am!!! Risette!"

Chie: "Shut up!"

Chie kicked Yosuke in the back, knocking him to the floor and preventing our ears from bleeding from his excessive, abhorrent fanboying. 

Shadow Rise: "Today, I'm here to bear everything to you all. Do you think that's a fibby wibby? Well, you have to find out yourself. Am I telling a lie, or am I telling the truth? You're about to meet the... real... me."

Suddenly, music began playing, and the shadow made her way to the pole. Unsurprisingly, the shadow that formed in a strip club began pole dancing. It was so surprising that we all looked unamused beside Yosuke, who was still on the ground, groaning in pain.

Kanji: "I really hope mine wasn't like this. Man, this is brutal."

Teddie: "What you're seeing is Rise's true inner feelings; of course, they're brutal."

 Shadow Rise stopped suddenly, looking unimpressed by us.

Shadow Rise: "Talk about a dead crowd."

Insanity: 'The only one who would enjoy this is currently on the ground acting like an old man.'

Shadow Rise: "Well then, maybe it's time I bring out our special guest."

Yosuke: "What guest?"

Shadow Rise: "Today's special guest is..."

The six Rises at the back began imitating a drum roll before a spotlight highlighted the presence of the real Rise.

Shadow Rise: "Rise Kujikawa!"

Rise: "Stop it, that's enough."

Yu: "Rise!" 

We all tried to rush to the stage, but a group of shadows appeared and blew us back.

Shadow Rise: "Listen up, guest. Remember your manners and refrain from touching the dancers at all times."

The shadows then pulled out guns and pointed them at us. I grabbed Kanji and hid behind some nearby red chairs. 

Kanji: "My glasses, crap, where the yell they go?"

I quickly glanced over at Kanji, noticing that he lost his glasses, and looked back to where we jumped from and saw them being shot. I clicked my tongue before summoning the world tarot card. I slipped it in between my index and middle finger and threw it out towards the group of Shadows. The card shattered in the middle of the air, summoning Justinian, who pelted a row of shadows with its staff.

I peeked out from my cover and saw the other personas' elemental attacks being blocked. Yu, Chie and I began commanding our personas to use their physical attacks against the shadows. However, as we defeated a batch of them, a new wave would just approach. 

Y/N: "Why can't I have Thanatos when it would be fun?"

My whining was interrupted as my persona then got shot in the chest by a shadow, rippling the pain to me. My persona retaliated by smashing the shadow who shot me. My persona bashed away some shadows, revealing a clear view of Rise and her shadow self.

Rise: "No way. This isn't real."

Shadow Rise: "Oh, but it is. You wanted people to notice you. Looky-looky, everyone, come look at me."

Rise: "Stop it. You're wrong! No, that isn't the true me at all!"

Shadow Rise: "You don't think so, huh! Then just who is the real you!? Well, go on, who is the real you!"

Rise: "The real me is just..."

My focus was stripped away from the Rise as my persona began being pelted by bullets. I groaned out in pain before lifting my arm up and recalling him back into the tarot card. I turned my attention to the other members to see that they had been pinned down. As the shadows aimed their guns at us, Kanji's persona fist smashed into a row of shadows, freeing Yu and the others before grabbing a shadow and hurling it at the shadows aiming at me.

Kanji: "Sorry for the wait!"

Once Kanji's persona freed a path for me to the main stage, I took my chance and quietly sneaked across the room to the edge of the stage, waiting for the opportunity to rescue Rise. Thankfully, none of the shadow variants of Rise noticed my presence, too absorbed in belittling Rise.

Shadow Rise: "You haven't said who exactly is the real Rise."

All the other versions that Yosuke could identify began repeating, "I'm the real Rise," one after another.

Rise: "I don't know! I don't know who the real me is!"

Shadow Rise: "I'll tell you. I am the real Rise. You see, I am you, and you are me."

Rise: "You're wrong! You aren't me!

Shadow Rise: "I am sick and tired of putting on a fake smile and always having to play the part. Watch closely now, and you'll see the real me."

The Shadow undid the back straps for the top of her Bikini and held it up to its head for Rise to see. As Rise mumbled incoherent words, the Shadow snapped its head directly at me with a subductive smile before giving a wink and appearing right up against my chest, arms wrapped around my neck. The only thing holding the top of her bikini was my chest and my hopes and dreams as I tried to prevent curiosity's stare from taking over. 

Shadow Rise: "Likey what you see."

Curiosity took over, and my eyes snapped down before recoiling back up to the Shadow's mischievous face. I was too fast.

Shadow Rise: "Keep looking at me; that's what I'm made for, you know. And just for you, I'll let you give me your special treat for me to enjoy."

I was speechless with a bright red face, deterring all the blood flow from going to the region near my thighs. However, it seemed that the Shadow spoke loud enough for Rise to hear as she turned her head to her Shadow with horrified eyes. 

Rise: "No... that's not true. You can't be."

I wanted to tell her to stop, but I wasn't in quite the position to beg Rise to stop.

Rise: "You are not the real me!"

The Shadow turned to its counterpart, causing the bikini top to finally collapse to the floor; however, dark energy circled around the Shadow as it grabbed onto the pole it was jirating on prior. As the energy encased the Shadow, it screamed in a pleasurable manner, "Oh no, here it comes!" 

I quickly dashed over to Rise as the Shadow fully transformed into a large, feminine humanoid figure. Its body was consistent with a multitude of ranges of colours intertwining together — similar to the Pikmin 3 onion (the only comparison I could think of). Its face was covered by a satellite dish, with Rise's pigtails jutting out from the sides.

Y/N: "So, this is what it's like to be on LSD while at a strip club."

I snatched Rise before the Shadow could do anything to her and jumped off the stage.

Rise: "Y/N... you came."

Y/N: "Take it easy."

I quickly rushed past the Investigation Team over to Teddie and laid Rise next to him.

Y/N: "Keep her safe."

Teddie: "Oki doki."

I smiled at him and gave him a thumbs-up before rushing over to the rest of the group, summoning my persona. Once my persona appeared, Rise's shadow fired out a green light that surrounded him, similar to how Fuuka used to analyse shadows in Tartarus. I commanded Justinian to use a medium-strength agi spell, but the shadow manoeuvred around the pole and dodged the attack. 

I watched as the others tried to attack the shadow, but the shadow danced around the pole, taunting us.

Insanity: 'Are we on LSD?'

I tilted my head for a second before trying to think of a different strategy. 

Yosuke: "Wait a sec, is that light?"

Yu: "You're right. It scans our personas and sees our attacks."

Shadow Rise: "Analysis complete. Now, time to counterattack!" 

The Shadow ripped the pole out of its place, pointed out in the air, and said, "Fire!" A rainbow beam shot out and collided with our personas, causing all of us to scream out in pain. Once the attack stopped, we were left to gather our breath and undefended. If the Shadow had a proper face, it would have a cocky smirk; however, all it could say was, "Here comes another round!"

I quickly withdrew my persona back to its tarot card; however, the shot just smashed into the card, causing worse pain than before, knocking me and the others off our feet and weakening our personas.

Shadow Rise: "Talk about lame. I think the time has finally come to get rid of you once and for all."

Six more poles descended from the roof in front of the Shadow, who, in turn, combined them together and made basically a cannon out of stripper poles.

Yosuke: "We are so screwed!"

Yukiko: "Does this mean... we're all gonna die?"

Y/N: "Not the most ceremonial, but it'll be a great story to tell in heaven."

Jess: "Beat you there."

Y/N: "Most likely."

I then began hearing a very quiet sound of a piano creeping into my mind.

Yu: "Teddie... Take Rise and get out of here now!"

Teddie: "But Sensei, I can't just abeardon everybody! I don't want to wind up all alone again!"

Shadow Rise: "Say goodbye, forever."

As the Shadow began charging the attack, Rise got up from her prone position.

Rise: "Stop it."

Rise's voice seemed to distract the Shadow before it could kill us.

Rise: "That's enough, okay. Just let them be."

Shadow Rise: "You annoying little bitch! You want to go first!?"

The Shadow aimed its weapon towards Rise, causing me to struggle to recall one of my personas. However, before a tarot card could appear, Teddie got in front of Rise, with a golden aura surrounding him, and stared down the Shadow with a determined glare.

Y/N: "Holy shit."

Yu: "Teddie!"

Teddie: "Huh, why am I taking the lead on this."

Shadow Rise: "What the, why is his energy signals so huge!?"

Teddie then let out a war cry before marching over to the Shadow.

Teddie: "I don't know what's happening! My body is just moving on its own!"

Shadow Rise: "Stay back!"

The Shadow frantically changed targets again towards Teddie, with the shot nearly fully charged.

The group called out to Teddie to try to prevent him from getting hit by saying, "No, don't do it!" However, it didn't work, and most of us looked away, fearing the worst. Once the beam hit him, it didn't instantly obliterate the bear; instead, the beam bent around the bear like a stick in the water.

We watched in awe as the bear rushed up to the Shadow and jumped right at the front of the barrel, causing the gun to spew out different light from the sides and the Shadow to identify, "The system is overloaded!"

Teddie: "Take that!"

The pole gun exploded in a great light that encompassed the entire room; however, none of the Investigation Team cared about the health of our retinas; instead, we looked at where Teddie was last seen and called his name. 

Once the light dissipated, we saw Teddie float down graciously like a piece of paper, which was more accurate than it should have been possible because Teddie was as flat as a pancake. We all rushed over to him as he touched the ground, mumbling nothing coherent. Additionally, Rise's Shadow was on the ground, right next to the bear, transformed back to its original form.

Kanji: "Crazy ass, bear. What you did was nuts?"

Teddie: "Yeah, but was Teddie a helpful bear?"

Yosuke: "You were more than just helpful."

Yu: "You saved everyone here."

Chie: "Yeah, you were awesome."

Jess: "No one else could have done that, Teddie."

Y/N: "See, you're not useless."

Yukiko: "We could go out. Just once."

Rise: "Teddie..."

Our attention was stripped away from Teddie as Rise walked over exhausted.

Rise: "You saved me."

Teddie: "I know how you feel and how bad it hurts when you don't know for sure who you really are. It's hard, but you don't have to worry about it alone. You and me... we can figure it out together."

Rise got on her knees next to the pancaked version of Teddie.

Rise: "You and me...?"

Teddie: "Yeah, and we have Sensei and the others, too."

Rise looked back towards us as we gave welcoming smiles.

Rise: "I'm sorry I put you through this."

Y/N: "Hey, don't think about that. Take it easy."

Rise seemed taken aback by those words before she gained a smile.

Rise: "It's been a long time since someone said that to me."

Insanity: 'That's fucked up.'

I just nodded my head to Insanity's comment while Rise got off the ground and walked over to her Shadow self, prone on the floor.

Rise: "I'm so sorry... Look I... I fought so hard just to try and figure out who the real me truly is, but then I realised. No amount of searching was going to help because there was no real me to find."

Teddie: "Does that mean there's no real me, either?"

Rise: "But now I know that Risette, you, everyone. You are all a part of me."

Suddenly, Rise's Shadow turned blue and transformed into a persona with a satellite head, a black body, white robes, and a headpiece in its arms. Then it disappeared into the Lovers tarot card and descended down to Rise's cupped hands.

Rise: "What's this?"

The card disappeared as Yu stood next to her to explain.

Yu: "That is your persona."

Rise: "Persona..."

Rise was about to collapse, but I grabbed her in time before laying her on the ground. Yu and I kneeled down next to her, checking if she was okay.

Y/N: "I told you to take it easy."

Yosuke: "Dude no fair."

Yu: "Yosuke, now's not the time. Is there anything wrong with her Y/N?"

Y/N: "She seemed to pass out."

Chie: "Who can blame her?"

Yukiko: "I think that all of us are pretty exhausted."

Jess: "I need something to eat or coffee."

Chie: "Alright, let's get going; I'm worried about..."

???: "There is no real me."

A large, ominous voice erupted from behind Chie Yukiko and Jess, causing us to turn around to see the pancake Teddie standing up and behind a larger-than-normal version of Teddie with piercing yellow eyes.

Shadow Teddie: "No true self."

Teddie then became alerted by the Shadow's presence behind him and turned around to see it.

Teddie: "What the heck is that!?"

Kanji: "Oh, balls."

Insanity: 'Nice.'

Chie: "Wait, is that freaky-looking thing Teddie's other self."

 I stared at Teddie's Shadow and felt a strange, familiar feeling that I couldn't explain.

Shadow Teddie: "Such idiotic foolishness."

The Shadow raised its arms, causing an immense amount of fog to appear.

Shadow Teddie: "You see the truth, will always be shrouded in fog!"

A giant clawed paw ripped through the fog before slashing it away, revealing the transformed version of Teddie's Shadow. We all stared in awe at the giant size the Shadow transformed into with a cracked headpiece revealing the emptiness of Teddie's inside.

However, its eyes were the most disturbing part for me as they were multicoloured, juxtaposing the bleak nothing on the inside, forever staring down at us. The Shadow then began destroying the stage, causing us to jump off it and run to the edges of the room.

Shadow Teddie: "I am a Shadow of your true inner self; try all you may to find meaning; you will never know for sure if it is the truth or a lie!"

The Shadow then began sucking in the environment around us, causing everyone to grab onto a nearby metal scaffold; however, I was stuck with carrying, so I just went on my knees, praying I wouldn't be pulled in.

Chie: "He's going to pull us in!"

Shadow Teddie: "So knowing that why bother seeking the truth at all?"

Unfortunately, Teddie's paper body caused him to be sucked into the inside of the Shadow, causing Yosuke to cry, "Teddie!"

Shadow Teddie: "How could you possibly find something when you don't even know what you're looking for? The truth you seek will only bring you suffering."

Yu: "Why do you say that!?"

Shadow Teddie: "Let me impart one bit of truth on you. You are all going to die here."

I glanced down at Rise before looking back up at the Shadow; however, I was greeted by my old friend.

Ryoji: "Hey, long time no see. Have you become a ladies killer like me?"

Y/N: "Ryoji?"

Ryoji: "Is this where you are going to let it end?"

Y/N: "Not my ideal location, I say."

Ryoji: "Are you prepared for everyone else's demise?"

Y/N: "Of course not. There's a reason why we chose to fight you."

Ryoji: "Are you afraid of dying."

Y/N: "No, since time never waits. It delivers all equally to the end. A good friend told me that."

Ryoji smiled at my comment.

Ryoji: "I shall forever be a part of both of you until time catches up and I finally join the rest of my body sealed. Now show me that conviction and fight for the present and future."

Ryoji disappeared as the floor began to rip apart, but all I could feel was a sick smile coming to my face. I stood up straight, carrying Rise in my arms, as the pressure forcefully sucked the surrounding environment like a black hole. However, it didn't affect me, so I walked over to Yu and passed a reconscious Rise to him. 

Y/N: "Keep a hold of her! I'll deal with this!"

Yu: "How can you!?"

Y/N: "Don't worry about it! I walk with death."

I gave Yu a smile before I stood in front of the Shadow.

Shadow Teddie: "How is that possible? The winds should eliminate you!"

Y/N: "I've dealt with stronger!"

Shadow Teddie: "Who are you?"

Y/N: "I am one of the three infused with the soul of the god of death, and I do not fear for my eventual demise. But I won't let it end here! I am Y/N L/N, and I shall fight till the bitter end! Now hear my call, persona!"

Instead of a card appearing, I tilted my upper back and spread my arms out, as a blue light erupted from my chest before forming into my original persona, Alexander, above me.

Alexander: "I am thou, and thou art I. The master of war shall hear your command once more. Now shall we conquer and move forward into our new domain."

Yu: "Did he just get a new persona!?"

Jess: "No! It's his original."

Y/N: "Now, Alexander, let's forge our own victory!"

The Shadow tried to swipe at my persona, but Alexander stood firm and summoned large pillars of ice, trapping it in place. I then felt a feeling of my mind being split into two; however, I smiled manically as I felt the presence of Insanity joining in the fun.

Y/N&Insanity: "Is that the best you got!"

Insanity and I both began manically laughing at the pitiful attempt the Shadow made against me. I then raised my hand in the air, and with a flick of my wrist, Alexander screeched before he used God's hand on the Shadow's paw. The golden fist appeared and smashed into the ice-covered paw, causing icicles of ice to stab into the bear's hand. 

The shadow groaned out in pain before it fired out hands from its right eye. Alexander tried to dodge the attacks, but all it took was one hand grabbing the persona's metal appendages before he was encased. Insanity and I groaned out in pain together, feeling a crushing impact on my soul.

Y/N&Insanity: "Come back!"

The pain instantly stopped as a blue light filtered through the shadow's trap. I then reached my hand out, which caused four tarot cards to descend in front of me. I slipped the magician card in between my index and middle finger and gracefully threw it towards the shadow. 

Y/N&Insanity: "Jiraiya-Shinjitsu"

On its travel, the card shattered as I called one of my personas' names, summoning a monochrome version of Yosuke's persona. 

Kanji: "Ain't that your persona, Senpai!?"

Yosuke: "What the! How the hell did he get Jiraiya!?"

The Shadow immediately went after its new target; however, the persona easily dodged its attacks. The fog got worse, and I was beginning to be unable to see through my glasses, so I commanded the monochrome Jiraiya to blast a strong garu skill at the shadow, but the fog got in the way, and the attack was missed.

I grunted out, thinking about what to do, before leading the shadow's eye hands over to the Shadow's other unhandified eye before withdrawing Jiraiya-Shinjitsu. The hands nearly smashed into the eye; however, the hands instantly were a mere millimetre away from doing damage.

I sighed before snatching the priestess card from floating cards beside me and copying a line from an old foe, "The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom." I chucked the card towards the shadow before it shattered into a monochrome version of Yukiko's persona.

Yukiko: "Konohana Sakuya!?"

I instantly caused the persona to fire its strongest agi spell at the shadow since the hands were coming fast, and I was banking it all on this attack. Large plumes of fire rose from the ground beneath the Shadow; however, it didn't finish off the Shadow. I gasped as the Shadow encased my imitated persona with its eye hands.  I gritted my teeth and controlled my breath before gaining a cynical smile.

Y/N&Insanity: "Now it's time for you to experience true power!"

Light poured out of the little gaps the tentacles surrounded before an eruption of ice, freeing my changed persona, Alexander and encasing the tentacles that trapped Konohana Sakuya-Shinjitsu in frozen water. Then, the ancient king summoned five dozen Macedonian swords that appeared from thin air and stabbed directly into the tentacles. This caused ice shards to be fired out into the air; however, Alexander commanded the winds to blast down towards the Shadow's eye.

I ran over to Alexander, who grabbed me and launched me into the air as I screamed, "Let me show you where it ends!" I landed on the Shadow, plunging my sword deep into its skin before jumping off and being caught by Alexander. 

The Shadow screamed out in utter pain before giving me a death glare with its damaged eye, which I promptly returned with a smile. However, Alexander dropped me as the Shadow's paw backhanded my persona. I fell to the ground poorly, and my persona was flung to the wall.

Rise: "Y/N! There's something just below its Chest!"

I heard Rise's voice ring out in my head, just like Fuuka would communicate back in Tartarus, which caused me to smile. I tried to command my persona, but they were crushed, and I couldn't recall them at this range without an evoker. I then calculated that I was close enough to Shadow Teddie to see what he was hiding in his chest. 

A black ball that had spikes protruding out of it in a symmetrical fashion.

Insanity: 'We can jump, but there's no knowing what could happen to us.'

Y/N: "Didn't stop us before. I'll need your help."

Insanity: 'Wouldn't trust you doing it by yourself.'

I let out a small, disappointed chuckle before grasping my sword tightly in my dominant hand and jumping for the spherical object. I sank my sword into the ball, dangling off of it, as there was nowhere to stand from where I stabbed. As I stared at the ball, I noticed an eye-like structure that opened to reveal the same eye Shadow Teddie had.

Then everything went white.

(。_。)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 364 19
It was supposed to be just another day in F/N's seemingly normal life, until she recieves a text from her so-called 'boyfriend', who's name and face...
2.5K 186 17
The weather leads Bokuto to find a beautiful boy working in a coffee shop. But the boy has a secret and he doesn't want Bokuto to find out. Will th...
71.6K 2.6K 26
I have but one goal, and no one will keep me from achieving it. I will burn my stepfather, Shido, to the ground with my bare hands. In order to furth...
19.5K 677 52
This is the sequel to "what lies in the truth" if you haven't read it I would read that first. It's been a year and half and Y/n finally comes back...