Chapter 12: Fallen Idol

20/6/16, Evening, Dojima resident

After a long school day, I returned home alone since Yu was hanging out with Yukiko and going to get dinner from Junes afterwards. I was alone with my thoughts and Insanity, so just my thoughts technically. However, my boss, Marukyu, interrupted my deeply philosophical moment as I walked through the shopping district.

Marukyu: "Ah, Y/N-kun just the person I want to see."

Y/N: "Marukyu-san? Do you need some help at the store?"

Marukyu: "Not today... However, may I ask for your assistance for the rest of the week?"

Y/N: "Sure. If you don't mind, can I know the reason?"

Marukyu: "Of course, dear. My granddaughter has returned to town, and I worry if I can handle the business alone for the rest of the week."

Y/N: "I'll be there, Marukyu-san. I'll skip school for the week as well."

Marukyu: "Don't throw away your academics for me, Y/N-kun."

Y/N: "It would be wrong to leave someone I care for in dire straits. I can miss a couple of days of sitting at a desk and getting abused by Morooka."

Marukyu: "Your to kind Y/N-kun."

Y/N: "I care, that's all."

Marukyu: "Thank you, Y/N-kun. I'll introduce you to my granddaughter tomorrow."

Y/N: "See you then."

We both went on our separate ways back to our homes.

Insanity: 'So we're going to meet the allusive granddaughter.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Yeah. I wonder what she does to be able to give expensive gifts to her grandmother already.'

Insanity: 'Maybe some kind of entertainer.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Child prodigy?'

Insanity: 'Maybe... but that nagging feeling we're feeling is making me think there's something more you forgot.'

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Well, there's no point in trying to figure that out now. We'll find out tomorrow.'

Insanity: 'Indeed... We're at our stop.'

I seemed too focused on the mystery of Marukyu's granddaughter to notice where I was. I let out a disappointed sigh towards myself before entering the house, and Nanako greeted me as I entered. It wasn't long till Yu returned with dinner in hand and Dojima beside him. 

It had been a while since we all ate dinner together, so it was quite nice watching Dojima interact with his daughter, even with him struggling sometimes. However, the television news channel was broadcasting a conference with someone who seemed to be around my age answering questions from the press. I was naturally interested in seeing someone my age dealing with numerous journalists because of some similarities in past situations I've dealt with. She seemed tired of everything. 

Y/N (Thoughts): 'Her work must have exhausted her to the point of no return.'

Insanity: 'That happens in the entertainment industry.'

Suddenly, one question caused my brain to tick.

Reporter: "Doesn't your grandmother run a traditional tofu shop in Inaba?"

Instantly, I knew who she was now and was not particularly happy with her coming here.

Y/N (Thoughts): 'You were right about her being famous.'