seven souls seven sins

By avstroscomet

not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia b... More

characters & aesthetics
house aesthetics
chapter 1: finished history
chapter 2: my life the old life
chapter 3: new changes
chapter 4: tears and tension
chapter 5: broken bones
chapter 6: morning person
chapter 7: breakfast is served
chapter 8: household rules
chapter 9: slow start
chapter 10: reunited again
chapter 11: chit chat
chapter 12: waterfalls and waterworks
chapter 13: life of guilt
chapter 14: little sister
chapter 15: bags in hand
chapter 16: long week
chapter 17: eat up buttercup
chapter 18: better again
chapter 19: icecream parlour
chapter 20: happy hour
chapter 21: spy in disguise
chapter 23: former fun
chapter 24: family feud
chapter 25: unexpected amends
chapter 26: back to school
chapter 27: the new girl
chapter 28: mr. mysterious
playlist
chapter 29: there for you
chapter 30: caught red handed
chapter 31: blood bound
chapter 32: double trouble
chapter 33: time is ticking
chapter 34: sick day
chapter 35: take it easy
chapter 36: deal breaker
chapter 37: passenger princess
chapter 38: no way jose
chapter 39: long gone
chapter 40: not today nat
chapter 41: high five friday
chapter 42: fist to face

chapter 22: surprises oh surprises

603 9 6
By avstroscomet

Vincent's pov:

I call my personal assistant to tell her to clear my meeting in 5 minutes for personal reasons and I dial a number that I wouldn't dare to yesterday. You guessed it, Flynn fucking Rider. He picks up after around three rings and answers "Flynn here, who is this?" in his abnormally British accent. I automatically grimace at his response but I remind myself that this is all for Nat's sake.

And I would do it one hundred times for her over and over again.

"It's Vincent. You will come by the house at around 17:00 and you'll stay with Nat till tomorrow 10am." I manage to say within one breath. The other line pauses for a moment but then he asks "Why would you have all people, do such a thing?" Without any hesitation I say "Because I love her. Although we may not be on the best of terms right now, she is my sister and I would do just about anything for her." I meant every ounce of what I said.

"I'll be there." Flynn replies nonchalantly.

"Good to know." I finalise coldly and hang up. Although he's one of the many people that I don't want in my house, I have to do what's necessary to salvage what is left of Nat's and my relationship together. Even if it means I have to invite him over.

I'll do anything to be able to grasp her in my arms again like when she was little. After yesterday's eavesdropping dilemma, I want to reassure her that everything is going to be okay and that she's perfectly safe with us.

There was a possibility, even if it was small, that we could rekindle what we once had. I was going to do anything to achieve that, and I mean anything.

I put my phone into my suit's pocket and as I'm doing so, out of the corner of my eye, I spot a picture frame. On display is a photograph of my princess and I. She is giggling whilst on my shoulders at a theme park. She looked around 4-5 years old. I remember the event as if it was yesterday.

Flashback:

It was a sunny, warm day midst July. My family and I were visiting the Brazilian version of Six Flags which was more commonly known as Thermas dos Laranjais. We would go annually with all the family. This included my uncles and aunts, even my 4th cousins.

Family bonding time. My favourite.

Although they were my distant relatives, I got on pretty well with them as they were more business inclined than others. As the eldest I was used to this. It might seem pretty sad for a fourteen year old at the time but it is what it is. From what it's worth, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Even if that meant losing my princess.

Nat had already gotten tired from walking so much with her itty-bitty legs so I plopped her up on my shoulders. She was so small for her age. She had gorgeous brownish curls with the deepest aqua coloured eyes. She had blush pink chubby cheeks and was the most adorable person in the whole entire world.

She still is.

I hear a camera click and when I turn around I see an employee trying to take a picture of everyone. Let's just say that the minimum wage deserved to be hired just for that employee. I put on a fake smile for the first few photographs whilst everyone was getting into position. Then my princess lets out a little giggle and my real smile comes out.

Flashback:

I reminisce in the moment for a few minutes trying to bathe within the heartfelt memories. Life back then was so simple. No work, no pressure, just pure laughs. It was when my overall happiness peaked. I grip onto the picture frame harder, not wanting to let go with a fear that if I do, I'll lose it forever.

It was within that mere moment that the frame was my most prized possession sitting in my office. It always will be, so on and so forth.

Natasha's pov:

I hate this place.

Here I actually thought that today was going great, all until fucking Vincent had to fuck it all up. I could've theoretically dislocated his shoulder within seconds but he was and still is my biological brother. If something were to happen to him, my guardianship would just be passed down to each one of my brothers.

That's too much work for one lady, but not impossible.

I sit on my chair and pull out my work laptop and place it on my desk. I begin to send out a mission for ten of my best warehouse raiders and set up a schedule for next Saturday. We are going to attack the third biggest Brazilian-owned warehouses. Rumour has it that it contains almost 500 thousand sterling pound worth of weapons, mainly guns, nukes and missiles.

Perfect.

We needed supplies urgently due to all the moving to Brazil. It also brings out pleasure in me to steal from the Brazilian mafia. After for happened earlier today, they had it coming. Speaking of today, what the actual fuck? I take a few minutes to piece by piece the scenario in my head again.

It was right under my nose the whole time.

Why did Vincent order that horrible assassin? Vincent treated him as if he himself was the boss. If he was the boss, that means that, IM LIVING IN THE BRAZILIAN MAFIA'S HOUSE? I was so, utterly, fucked. I slow my heavy breathing and I maintain to focus on the current situation. After all, it was just a theory, right?

I was probably just jumping to conclusions too quickly.

Maybe Vincent was actually a professional real estate agent and this was just all due to my overthinking. No, but somethings not right. I feel this unearthly feeling down near my stomach. My gut. My gut is always right. No matter the situation, it has never failed me. Not once. Whatever I was thinking must've been right.

Vincent Morales is the Brazilian Mafia's Don.

I have to get to the bottom of this. I know that curiosity kills the cat but this kitten doesn't give two shits. I shut my laptop close and I bring my body to walk up towards Vincent's office. I could smell the whisky and cologne from outside the oak door. Yikes. I repeatedly knock my fist onto the hard wood for about five times before it's swung open by the man himself. Oh boy, this was going to be fun.

He was in for a real treat.

"Nat what do you need?" He asks softly yet hurriedly. As if he knows that I've caught on. Even his face screams suspicious. I ignore his question and take a seat on one of his cold leather seats. I'll give it to him, the man has taste, but not comfort. I dismiss the frosty setting of his office whilst he makes himself comfortable in his desk chair across from me.

Oh Vincent, Vincent, Vincent.

"What brings you to my office, princess?" He asks in a more calmer tone than before. Does he think he can call me that after what happened earlier? What a douche. "It's actually what happened earlier that I'm here to talk about." I reply coldly not diving into his whole softy approach.

"How so?" He begins.

"If this is about earlier, I am sorry. I truly am. I don't know what happened but I can assure you that it will never happen again. If you want medical attention please tell me and I can get your wrists check out." I look down at my wrists. My right one was more bruised than my left but I was used to it.

"It's not about that." I reply with a frosty tone.

"About the pier?" He questions with a puzzled look. I nod to show my decision. He sighs loudly. "Look princess, if I knew he was going to be there I wouldn't have brought you there at all. It was just mere coincidence." He talks to me as if he's debating with a child. I think he knows that I know something isn't right in his story.

I was going to get to the bottom of this, whether he likes it or not.

"He addressed you as his boss, did he not?" I pause for a moment to let him sink it in. "Or is my Portuguese a little rusty? Hm?" I ask with a hint of sarcasm. "He did indeed. That just happened to be a mere inside joke between the two of us." He says whilst looking into my sky blue eyes. It was as if he was trying to see if I believed him or not. His dumb tactic wasn't working very well. He then began again "Nothing you should be too concerned about young lady."

Pfft. Oh please.

"It is my concern as he had a firearm to my back." I reply with a slight smirk whilst I recall the moment on how I cracked his wrist. It truly was such a satisfying noise to hear. "I will give you that but I'm not lying princess. Are you suspecting that I'm not telling the truth?" He places his hands on the desk clutched together. I could tell I was getting on his nerves.

My plan was working perfectly.

It was as if on queue, that the terrible assassin from earlier, burst open Vincent's oak door. I turned around to see him with ruby red blood streaming down from his head to his chin, where I had hit him earlier. His arm was now in a hospital cast and his face permanently displaced. A perfect example of what happens when you piss me off.

I should add him to my portfolio.

"Fuck." I hear Vincent murmur quietly but loud enough for me to hear his arrogant voice. The assassin then says whisky pointing to his cast "Desculpe pelo atraso, chefe. Eu tive que ser reformulado. (Sorry for the delay, boss. I had to get recasted.)" To Vincent.  I rotate the leather chair and face Vincent again. I could see red forming within his eyes. He knew he fucked up. I give him a subtle but noticeable smirk and exit the room. But not before whispering "Boa sorte. (Good Luck)" Into that wannabe's ear.

The sound of the wooden door slamming shut behind me filled my ears with their own form of satisfaction.

I was on my way back to my room when I heard another masculine voice reapeating my name. I turn around only for my eyes to be met with Adrien's. I have to admit, him and Xavier have been the most welcoming to me so far. They make this house a home, even though some people don't.

Cough cough, Xander.

He walks up to me and gives me a hug. Woah, not expected. I obviously hug him back as I don't want to seem rude. He asks for me to join the rest of my brother's for lunch. Excluding Vincent of course, for obvious reasons. We make our way down to the dining room. There I see Chase and Leo.

Strange.

"Where are the twins?" I ask Adrien who's already sat in his designated spot. "School." He replies with a smile coated face. Shit, I completely forgot about that. "I guess that'll be you next week hm?" Leo reminded me. "Unfortunately, yeah." I let out a small smile out of courtesy.

Cant be forgetting our manners can we?

"Did you all go to the same school?" I question. What can I say? I'm curious. Chase answers first "We did. I was class of '
2019." "I was class of 2017" Leo added too. "I was the best class of 2015" Adrien finalises. "That's so cool. Do you all have a good reputation there?" This time, Leo is the first one to answer "The best. Our father was one of the top donators in the school." Adrien buts in "Our legacy is one of the longest ones throughout history within all of BlueCrest."I take a moment to digest this new information. "Woah you all must've been popular." I conclude.

I don't care for popularity but apparently it gives men some sort of validation which I don't mind giving to the people at this table.

Shortly after my brief conversation with my biological brothers, Helena and Lina the two cooks come out with our lunch. It was pesto pasta with a delicious-looking salad beside it. Adrien, Chase and Leo begin to dig in to the pasta whilst I load up on the salad. The dressing was quite tasty too. Chase, Leo and Adrien all made small talk with me here and there.

I even learned a fun fact that Leo helped the company Intel to design the new i9 chip for computers worldwide.

He's really smart with technology stuff. Maybe I could even ask him to design new products for me in the future.

I ate for around 5-7 minutes before I started to feel full. I excuse myself from the dining room and bring my dirty dish to the marble sink and walk upstairs. I feel a bit guilty for not washing up after myself like usual. I like living in a mansion as the next person but I feel sort of useless when I'm not helping around. I want to feel like I'm contributing something towards this household because right now,

I ain't doing anything useful.

I continue to go into my room and lay onto my comfy bed. My eyes wander towards my closed laptop sitting on top of my desk. Ugh, I completely forgot to finish some leftover paperwork from earlier. Being a mafia Donna does have its perks and sometimes it doesn't.

I guess now wasn't one of those times.

I go over to my chair and begin to work on the unfinished paper work. I needed to officiate many different documents and sales which makes my presence the most important when filing paperwork.

times passes

By the time I finish, I flick a glance at my wrist to see that it was almost 17:00. Jesus. Time truly does fly when ur working. At least I have all my work out of the way for the weekend. I feel grubby and tired from staring at a screen for the past few hours. I need a soothing shower. ASAP. I need to relieve all the tension I received from today and let it all melt away in the shower.

One of the best feelings in the world.

I strip my clothes off my body and turn the shower nozzle on. The warm water hitting my body gives me much needed dopamine. I scrub myself with vanilla scented soap and shower gel. Whilst midst shower, I hear the doorbell go off. Hm? That's strange. From my previous recollection, the doorbell was infrequently used.

Who would be coming over at this hour?

Was it for dinner? Was it business? Was it to meet me? I knew I had relatives but I didn't know if they'd want to see me after all this time. Was I really that important to this family? All the anxiety fills me back up with questions of who is actually at the door. It takes just one word from said person to ease the tension in my muscles again.

I hear Flynn downstairs.

That definitely will stir up some tension between my biological brothers and him. Although I'm not mentally able to go through that again. I need to stop worrying about the future even if it is just mere minutes away. Right now I'm taking a warm, steamy shower and currently it's the best thing that has happened to me today.

Maybe something better is to come later..

Author's pov:

Hey y'all! Thank you so much for 400+ readers!! You all mean the world to me and give me an instant amount of motivation to continue writing.

I think we can start getting used to the weekly updates because it gives me time to balance out my social, school and love life. I'm on a no-book purchasing journey for the next few weeks so I can work on this book! I have majority of the plot all worked out but I'm just waiting on a few ideas to pop in for indirect chapters. ;)

Sorry for the filler chapter but when Nat's school starts, all utter hell will break loose.

What do we think of Vincent?

What do we think of Adrien, Chase and Leo?

How do we think Nat is going to react?

Word count: 2800

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

833K 29.4K 59
Sequel to The Family I Hate. COMPLETE ✅ You gotta read that book first or this will make no sense. ___________ "You'...
323K 9K 50
Ryan was holding my arm and with other arm he was ready to pull my sleeves up again. I immediately held his hand. "Please please do..don't" I tried...
195K 5.8K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...
Resilience By Swati

Teen Fiction

4.6M 133K 88
[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli She has experienced more pain in her 15...