DEVIL'S DAUGHTER, the vampire...

By voidfaye

เผ‰โ€งโ‚Šหš. ๐’…๐’†๐’—๐’Š๐’'๐’” ๐’…๐’‚๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’†๐’“ no use in fighting ... More

DEVIL'S DAUGHTER
GRAPHICS GALLERY
ACT I , RETURN OF DEATH
000 , prologue
001 , it all starts with death
002 , mr. self-righteous
003 , first ( non-death ) accident
004 , hot older brothers
005 , disastrous dinner
007 , founders party
008 , uncovered secrets

006 , dead teacher

904 57 3
By voidfaye

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

DEVIL'S DAUGHTER , voidfaye
006. dead teacher

"YOU invited him to the game?" Destiny shouted in disbelief.

     "Dezzy," Asteria sighed for the hundredth time.

     "No, no, don't Dezzy me. YOU, Maude Asteria Gilbert, my little Aster, invited a boy– no, a bloodsucker to our high school football game?" Destiny waved her arms around as she walked back and forth in front of Asteria.

     "Wasn't your 'I think I'll dislike him the least' practically your version of permission?" Asteria teased.

     Spluttering, Destiny denied, "No it was not!" Sighing, she put her head into her hands, "What is with you and vampires?"

     "Excuse me?" Asteria questioned, looking offended.

     "Don't look at me like that, Aster," Destiny rolled her eyes. "You can deny it all you want but we both know you had a summer fling with a vampire last year."

     Sighing, Asteria mumbled, "He was hot, ok?"

     "And? There are tons of hot guys that are human," Destiny retorted.

     "Not in this little town," Asteria reminded, causing Destiny to laugh. "It's why Gabriel is so appreciated right now. His face truly is a work of art."

     "Gag. Don't say that around me please," Destiny pouted.

     Smirking, Asteria teased, "Weren't you the one that called him a hot devil?"

     "Shut up!" She spluttered before whining, "Look what he's done to you. My little Aster has been corrupted."

     Scoffing, Asteria replied, "If anything, I've corrupted him. My heart is too dark to be corrupted by anyone else."

     "Please," Destiny snorted with an eye-roll, "If you're corrupted then what does that make me?"

     "My evil assistant," Asteria replied without hesitation. She grinned brightly at the girl across from her, watching as Destiny pouted.

     "Hey! If anything you're the evil assistant," Destiny shot back.

     "I'd have to disagree with that statement, Destiny," Gabriel cut in as he walked up to the two girls, staring at Asteria the entire time.

     Destiny scowled at Gabriel, glaring daggers with her eyes, "No one asked for your opinion."

     "I'm surprised you came," Asteria spoke up, before Destiny could find another reason to start a fight with Gabriel. "You don't seem like the type of guy to come to high school football games."

     Smiling, Gabriel replied, "You invited me did you not?"

     Rolling her eyes, she grumbled, "It was a suggestion, not an invitation. Besides, I only said that to you because I was tired and wanted you out of the house."

     "Of course," Gabriel nodded seriously. "But since I'm here, I might as well enjoy the show." Looking Asteria up and down, he smirked, "You look delicious."

     "Ew, stop. I don't need to be hearing this at all," Destiny cut in with a disgusted look on her face. "In fact, you shouldn't even be talking to my best friend. Now that I think about it, there's a bus I can get you on right now that'll take you to Charlottesville." Clapping her hands in delight she exclaimed, "Yes! That sounds like a grand plan doesn't it, Aster?"

     "You can't just remove someone from town because you don't like them, Dezzy," Asteria replied in amusement.

     Frowning, Destiny questioned with her hands on her hips, "Says who? I might not get along with my family but I'm still the mayor's daughter."

     "No, Dezzy," Asteria informed calmly, "We aren't doing that."

     "Boo!" Destiny pouted, "You're ruining my fun." Turning to look at Gabriel who was watching their interaction with amusement, she threatened, "If you even think about hurting my Aster, I will run you over with my car, stab you with a thousand needles, and cut off your limbs, one by one."

     Raising his hands in surrender, Gabriel reassured, "I have no intention of harming your Aster. I'm only here because I enjoy her company."

     Scoffing, Destiny turned around and placed a kiss on Asteria's cheek. "I'll head to where the others are and give you two a moment alone. Don't make me wait too long." She pointed at her eyes with two of her fingers before pointing it back at Gabriel and walked away.

     "Your friend is something else," Gabriel remarked as he focused his attention on Asteria.

     Smiling fondly, Asteria replied, "She means well. She's practically my sister at this point."

     Shaking his head, he reassured, "I didn't mean it in a bad way. It's sweet."

     "Sweet huh?" Asteria teased with one hand on her hip. "I never thought you'd be someone who'd continuously use that word."

     Asteria watched in fascination as Gabriel's lips curled up into a smile. "I'm usually not," Gabriel answered, combing his fingers through his hair, "There's just something about you that makes me want to say it whenever I'm in your presence."

     Asteria started laughing. "You couldn't be more wrong then. I am the furthest thing from being sweet."

     "You're sweet to me," Gabriel purred, staring at her in fascination.

     "Maybe you need to see a doctor," Asteria mused, looking way too amused. "If you think the way I've been interacting with you is sweet, then you, my dear, need to get a psychological examination."

     Rolling his eyes fondly, he shot back, "I'm not like everyone else. I'm different. Isn't that why you like me so much?"

     "What if I just said that for the sake of the conversation," Asteria retorted with a small smile on her face.

     "Somehow, I doubt that," Gabriel replied. Grinning, he added, "I have something for you."

     "You do?" Asteria questioned in confusion.

     Pulling out a necklace from his pocket, he handed it to her. It was beautiful. It was an oval locket with a rose stamped into the middle. Lifting it up, Asteria could smell vervain inside it. "It's beautiful and it smells amazing."

     Clearing his throat, Gabriel informed, "It was an old thing I had lying around and after meeting you, I just knew it had to belong to you."

     Asteria smiled brightly at Gabriel. "Thank you. This is very sweet of you," she teased.

     Chuckling, Gabriel spoke, "Of course you'd take the opportunity to say that. Let me put it on for you."

     Taking the necklace back, he waited as Asteria turned around and lifted her hair up. Walking closer, he placed the necklace around her neck and lightly brushed his fingers against her neck, causing her to shiver lightly. Clasping the necklace, he leaned down and whispered into her ear, "Done."

     Turning around, Asteria's eyes widened in surprise. Their faces were so close to each other. If she were to lean slightly forward, they would kiss. Clearing her throat, she took a step back, watching as disappointment filled his eyes before disappearing. "Thanks."

     Nodding, he replied, "Anytime."

     Before anything could be said or done, a shout interrupted them.

     "Jeremy, no!" Elena shouted.

     Rolling her eyes, Asteria muttered, "I should go see what that's about."

     "I'll come with you," Gabriel informed.

     Nodding, Asteria rushed over to where a crowd was forming with Gabriel beside her.

     "What is going on here?" Asteria questioned as she pushed her way through the crowd.

     "I'm fine!" Jeremy shouted, aggravated with everyone around him.

     Scoffing, Elena snarked, "Yeah, you smell fine."

     Rolling his eyes, Jeremy muttered, "Just stop." As he went to walk away, his eyes met Asteria's. "Don't follow me," he cautioned his other sister and walked away.

     Asteria's lips tightened before she looked towards Stefan and Elena. Neither seemed to be paying attention to the teenage boy who walked away.

     "Your hand!" Elena screeched in horror. "Oh my god. Let me look at your hand."

     Stefan placed his hand behind his back. "No, no. I'm fine."

     Grabbing his arm, Elena pulled it towards her, "Is it deep? How bad is it? Do we need to go to the hospital?" Her questions all came to a halt when she stared at a completely uninjured hand. "But- but I saw- It was..."

     "He missed," Stefan reassured Elena. "The blood isn't mine."

     "That's quite lucky of you, Stefan," Gabriel cut in, watching the pair with dark eyes.

     Gulping, Stefan replied, "Yeah, I'm just glad my reflexes are still here."

     "No," Elena whispered in shock, "But I saw your hand."

     "I'm fine, Elena," Stefan reassured, pulling the girl into his arms and kissing her forehead. "Everything happened way to fast to even watch. It didn't cut my hand. I promise."

     Asteria watched the couple for a second longer before turning and walking away towards the field. "I'll see you later, Gabriel," she whispered, enjoying the way his gaze followed her all the way to where the other cheerleaders were standing.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

     Gabriel watched as Stefan and Matt seemed to come to a truce and felt the urge to snort. Stefan making friends all to create some sort of normalcy in his life for her, the doppelgänger. He watched the scene before him with sharp eyes as Damon appeared before Stefan.

     "Isn't that nice?" Damon mocked, clapping his hands from the corner he was leaning against. "Stefan joins a team, makes a friend. It's all so, 'rah, rah, go team, yeah!'"

     Scowling, Stefan hissed, "Not tonight, Damon. I'm done with you."

     Rolling his eyes, he smirked, "Nice trick with Elena. Let me guess, vervain in the necklace? I admit, I was a bit surprised. It's been a while since anyone could resist my compulsion." Pausing, as if remembering something, he added, "Speaking of which, don't tell me you gave vervain to that blonde cheerleader friend of hers too."

     "What? Caroline?" Stefan asked in confusion.

     "Bingo! That's the name," Damon snapped his fingers.

     "What do you mean she has vervain?" Stefan questioned worriedly.

     Rolling his eyes, Damon talked slowly. "It means I tried compelling her the other day and she didn't listen. Keep up will you?"

     Frowning, Stefan mumbled, "How did she get vervain? I didn't give her any."

     Chuckling, Gabriel appeared before his two brothers, startling them from their conversation. "It means, someone else knows. And considering her mother's the Sheiff, I doubt she'd leave her daughter unprepared."

     Shrugging his shoulders, Damon seemed to agree with his statement, bringing the conversation back to the topic before. "Where'd you get the vervain?" He questioned Stefan.

     "Does it matter?" Stefan asked back.

     "No I suppose not. I guess I could just seduce her the old-fashioned way. Or I could just eat her," Damon finished with a dark grin.

     "I reckon her blood would taste pretty good," Gabriel added, enjoying the way Stefan seemed to get angrier and angrier.

     "Neither of you are going to hurt her," Stefan snarled out, looking ready to attack them.

     Gabriel wanted to laugh. Did Stefan think he could hurt them? Even on a good day he wouldn't be able to take them on by himself.

     "No?" Damon questioned mockingly.

     "No," Stefan stated after taking a deep breath. "Because I know you both. I know you, Damon. I know that a part of you feels for her. And I know you, Gabriel. No matter how you pretend to be, there's still good inside of you."

     Gabriel chuckled, but there was no amusement in his eyes. "Good?" Gabriel questioned mockly. "Whatever good that was left inside of me died when you decided you couldn't live eternally without your brothers. It died when you decided to slaughter a whole town full of innocent people." A town where they lived. He watched in satisfaction as Stefan flinched at his words. Good. He deserves it.

     "No one's pretending," Damon remarked, looking way more calm than he was truly feeling.

     "Then kill me," Stefan demanded.

     "Well, I'm quite tempted," Damon mused.

     Scoffing, Gabriel added, "Well I'm not." Watching as Stefan seemed to light up at his words, Gabriel continued, wanting to crush the light out of those pale green eyes. "Death would be too simple for you."

     Flinching, Stefan muttered sadly, "Gabriel."

     Gabriel just stared at him coldly.

     Clearing his throat, Stefan directed his attention back to Damon. "No, you're not tempted. You've had lifetimes to do it, and yet, here I am. I'm still alive," Stefan reasoned. "And there you are. You're still haunting me. After 145 years. Katherine is dead. And you hate me because you loved her, and you torture me because you still do. And that, my brother, is your humanity."

     Before Damon could respond, Tanner walked over with a frown on his face.

     "Salvatore!" Tanner yelled out, "What the hell? We've got a game to play!"

     Damon grinned darkly, "If that's my humanity, then what is this?"

     Before Stefan could stop him, Damon rushed towards Tanner and ripped his throat out, with his teeth.

     "No!" Stefan yelled out.

     Grinning at Stefan, with blood running out of his mouth, he informed, "Anyone, anytime, any place." With those words, he left, leaving Stefan and Gabriel alone with Tanner's dead body.

     "Gabriel, please. It doesn't have to be like this." Stefan pleaded. "You can stop him."

     Gabriel stared back with emotionless eyes. "Why should I? He's enjoying his time, brother. You should too." He watched in delight as Stefan seemed to slump into himself.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞: destiny & asteria >>>>

also gabriel trying to protect asteria even though they don't know each other that well yet? *blushing emoji* and stefan thinks he's some fucked up evil asshole HA in your face ( well ngl he kinda is but it doesn't matter cause he treats asteria right and that's all that matters )

     updates: so after this chapter, i have one more already written chapter that i just need to edit. it'll be published next tues and after that, the updates will be more sporadic since classes have started for me and i won't have much time to write.

     hope y'all enjoyed this update! don't forget to vote & comment! xoxo~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 6.5K 54
"๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ?" ๐—œ๐—ป ๏ฟฝ...
160K 4.9K 27
๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฌ ...๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐–ผ๐— ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—Ž๐—‰๐–พ๐—‹๐—‡๐–บ๐—๐—Ž๐—‹๐–บ๐—… ๐—‹๐–พ๐—Œ๐—‚๐–ฝ...
73.4K 2.8K 16
๊งโ€ขโŠนูญ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š…๐šŠ๐š–๐š™๐š’๐š›๐šŽ ๐™ณ๐š’๐šŠ๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š‚๐š˜๐šž๐š•๐š–๐šŠ๐š๐šŽูญโŠนโ€ข๊ง‚ โ•ญโ”ˆโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ—Œเณ„โ—Œเพ€ หŠหŽ ๐“”๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต (๐™–๐™™๐™Ÿ.) - ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™š๐™ข๐™š๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™˜๐™–๐™ฉ๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ๏ฟฝ...
624K 13.7K 98
๐˜ˆ ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜”๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ. ๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ? ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜บ, ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๏ฟฝ...