Matchablossom Yokai

By Saphireblueelf

Kaoru is a Kitsune on the run from a demon who wants to steal his magic. One day as he tries to escape, yet a... More

Escape
Why a Kitsune?
A day of shopping
A twisted tale
A place called home
A quiet night
A fright in the night
Sia La Luce
The talented Mr. Sakurayshiki
Signs
Kari's return
Bath time
Changing the game
Chose to defend
Dasterdly deeds
Fighting for love
The Donkey Kong
First night
Showtime
CherrBlossom's in bloom

Skater Joe

28 2 0
By Saphireblueelf

To start his training, Joe woke up before everyone else. Kaoru was passed out, curled up to his chest. His soft pink hair tickled Kojiro's nipples. Stifling a laugh, he slipped out of bed. Pulling his pillow over, he watched the Kitsune curl up to it. Kojiro wanted nothing more than to crawl back into bed. He knew he couldn't.

Whatever the future held for this soft, angry, kitten like fox, Kojiro knew he had to free him. If that meant he left, then so be it. It would break his heart, Kojiro knew he was already in love with the Kitsune. Having Kaoru free, was the most important thing. The Kitsune needed to know what it was like to stand tall on his own. Kojiro grabbed his gear.

Leaving his skate board in the closet, where it had been for too many years, he headed out the front door. The significance of putting everyone's profile into the wards meant these were the ones that could pass through it. No one, or nothing else would be able to get inside the building as long as one of the Fu dogs remained there. Glancing back, Kojiro waved to Kari as she watched from her bedroom window.

He went to the beach. The sand there made it hard to run in. He jogged along it for an hour building the strength back up in his legs. Joe. He had been a different person back then. He had, had the freedom to be a different person then. His parents were alive. He was just a teenager, about Reki and Langa's age. He smiled as he allowed his mind to drift into the past.

He was just fourteen when he meet Adam for the first time. Even then, he was larger than life. Joe had been skateboarding along the river road when three guys came out of nowhere on their boards. They shot past him like he was standing still. Joe knew he didn't have the speed others did. What he did have was power. Even then his legs were stronger than any other. I mean he was a Fu dog. The present day Kojiro smiled at that.

He didn't exactly catch up to them, more like they waited for him. He came around a bend and there they all were. Spread out across the road, they, blocked any way forward. Joe saw it, saw them, then he let his mind blank. That was how he skated. He used his instincts not his mind.

Without thinking his body was free to do whatever it wanted. Joe bent his knees, dipping low on his board. He closed in on the smallest of the boys. The guy must have assumed that Joe would pick on him. He smiled, accepting the challenge. Except, it wasn't a challenge. Joe picked him only because he was closest to the side of the road where there was a huge wall.

The wall separated this road from the modern highway, a place thousands of cars screamed by all day and night. Joe's hand caught his board. It flipped out from under his feet. The guys eyes widened. Now it was Joe's turn to smirk. His feet hit the wall at the same time. Close together, the boost forward would give him more power. He kicked off.

Twisting his body as he soared over the guys head. Joe loved the feeling of weightlessness he got. But it was over too quickly. He needed to move. Thinking these guys may just be some sort of gang, Joe slipped the board back under his feet. The wheels hit the ground. He was pushing off with his hand to get away as fast as he could.

Staying low, he gained speed on the downhill. They guy he flew over, turned out to be the slowest one. First came this tall lanky teen. He had moves like Joe had never seen before! They way he moved his hips to improve his speed was revolutionary! Joe forgot he was suppose to get away from them. In thrall he watched the man skate past him.

Then came the next guy. He slipped past Joe, smacking the back of his head. His hood up, Joe didn't see his face. He was fast, but nothing like the first guy. Yet, this one had a flare to him. It was like the way he skated mesmerized you. Joe felt drawn into it. He pushed off after them.

They raced down the hill. Joe keeping ahead of the last guy, yet not closing the distance to the first two. They didn't talk, didn't tell him to leave them alone. Instead they skated onward. Joe used his power moves to shoot past them from time to time. It didn't matter, nothing kept them back! They always caught up in seconds! He laughed out loud at this.

About an hour after meeting them, still not a word had been spoken, the four boys spun around sliding to a stop just before the beach. Joe looked them over. They assessed Joe in a different light.

"Not many can keep up with us." The second guy said sounding a little impressed.

"Those power kicks of yours, is that all you can do?" the first guy asked flicking his board up to his hand.

"I have a few more, but I need stronger legs for some." Joe offered.

"We don't have anyone with power." The second guy stated.

He glanced down the row of his two friends. The three of them were facing Joe in a line. The past one gave a snort, before nodding. He turned his head away, spewing snot out if his nose. Joe crinkled his at the disgusting sight. The next guy looked Joe over.

"You aren't human, are you?" Joe felt the cold wash over him. No human had ever guessed that!

"Wh, what do you mean?" He stuttered.

"Adam and I, we are demons. Different types, but we work well together." The guy offered. Joe took half a step back. The guy, Adam laughed.

"Can't be human!" He chuckled. "As soon as they hear the word demon, they run." His twinkling pink eyes drew Joe in deeper.

"No, I'm not human." He muttered.

"So, what supernatural being are you?" the first guy asked.

Joe blinked. He didn't like telling people when he was alone. They all figured it out pretty quickly. Fu dogs are stronger in pairs. He glanced away, searching for anything that would give him a way to stall. His eyes landed on the last guy.

"What about you?" he asked a bit rudely.

"They said they were demons, but not you." He pressed.

"Me, I'm just a meth head who loves to skate, man!" the guy offered.

The breeze shifted then. It blew the stench of the man into Kojiro's face. A waste of a human! He wanted to growl. He felt it growing within him. It would show them just what he was. Turning back he drew in the cleaner air as the breeze changed direction again.

"I guess not all humans run." He told Adam.

The carefree laugh that burst from the teen, had Joe snickering too. He liked this guy. He seemed cool. Maybe he could confide in him? Find a safe place that didn't always have to be beside his twin.

"No, not all. Jordy is a special kind of stupid. He does have his uses. Due to that, we keep him around." Adam offered.

Joe knew two of their names now. He looked to the fastest guy. The one with snake hips. They locked gazes for a time. The world seemed to fall away as Joe found himself drawn into this guy. He was quiet, yet strong. Silent, yet had spoken up quickly. An enigma. Joe loved puzzles.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Stop stalling. Tell us what type of monster are you?" the man shot back.

Joe flicked a finger over his nose. He didn't want to trust just anyone. Demons were notorious for getting fools to trust them, then doing something to betray everything the person believes in.

"Fu dog." Joe found his mouth talking before his brain had a chance to decide.

"Wow! That's new!" Adam laughed.

He came up beside Joe. Slapping a hand to the other teens shoulder, Adam beamed at him.

"Come with us, Fu dog. We can keep you safe until you find your other half!" Adam insisted.

"This here is Snake." He offered pointing to the tall quiet teen.

"I'm Joe." Kojiro offered. He knew they weren't using their real names, so why should he give them his.

"Welcome to the team!" Adam cried.

The present day Joe smiled. He had finished his run on the beach. There was an outdoor gym, with showers, next to the sand. Joe ran up to them. He set the weights and began his arm work out.

Adam. That was how they meet. Yet Joe was taken in. He loved the guys easy smile, carefree attitude. He enjoyed being in his inner circle. Little did he realize that Adam's inner circle was a circle of one. He trusted no one outside of Snake. The demon who was indebted to him somehow. Joe never did figure out just what it was that kept Snake tied to Adam's hip.

Snake was a different sort. He was kind, when Adam wasn't around. Joe found himself falling for the dark quiet, strikingly hot demon. In fact, Snake was the one who first made Joe question his sexuality. The first time he kissed the demon was nothing short of magical.

It was at a rave. One Ainosuke Shindo was throwing. Joe had been shocked when Adam said they were all invited. That was also the night he figured out who his new friend were.

It was about eight months after meeting them, on a cold winters night. Adam could hide a lot about himself, but not those eyes! The way he drew in anyone within his orbit. Joe saw it in Ainosuke as well. He found Snake hiding in a corner watching the party goers.

Snake told him his real name was Tadashi. That he was a servant to the heir to the Shindo fortune. Joe hated how that sounded. Tadashi spoke little of himself. Always switching the conversation to Adam or Ainosuke. When they were alone, that was when Joe got to know him.

"You're not like him." Joe told the man.

The deep, dark pools of soul filled inspiration Tadashi used for eyes, swung to him. They gazed deeply at each other for a long time. The lights were out the room lit only by glowing painted bodies, a few candles and some glow in the dark lights. It was silent here in their corner.

"Aren't I?" Tadashi whispered.

"I'm a demon, Joe." He said so softly Joe nearly didn't hear it.

"My names Kojiro." Joe whispered back.

Their bodies drew over together

"Kojiro." The sound of his name coming from those lips, Joe had lost it.

He pressed the tall teen into the wall. Their lips finding each other in a clumsy kiss, that somehow worked out perfectly. It had been beyond magical, at least for Joe.

Now he shoved the last rep he had to make up. Locking the bar in place, he sat up from the bench. His body dripped in sweat as he finished his workout. Adam had seen them kiss. He had destroyed everything Joe held dear. Even attempted to harm Kari.

That was when Adam found out, Joe had his other half with him all along! He shook the sweaty hair off his forehead. He had to get back to his family. Living in the past wouldn't help save his future. He had to say good bye to that crush, step out into the light and allow Skater Joe to shine like he should have all along!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 5.5K 24
Deep within the forest of Inuyasha, a fox pup was found. Her fur was as white as snow and she had red markings on her forehead that was akin to a cro...
3.3K 140 12
Kojiro and Kaoru are in college. One for cooking the other for art. They get a dorm room together and the fun begins. What does Kaoru think when Koji...
847 51 12
Sora's life is turned upside down when he is teleported from a speeding train to the Spirit World by a devious fox that has stolen his KI. Now, trapp...
47K 1.1K 16
Y/N has recently moved to his own apartment away from his abusive family. He decided that he would find better opportunities at Ouran High School. Y...