Villain (Rex)

By Ahsoka-Ashla-Tano

A Separatist General meets a Republic soldier on the field of battle. Morals clash, but in the midst of it al... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Not really a chapter
14
15
Poll time
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
SFW ABCs
31
32
33
34
Epilogue

19

353 17 49
By Ahsoka-Ashla-Tano

The clones make it their personal business to be in their brothers' business.

Tw: Nothing I don't think? Wow, I'm impressed with myself.

Kara shifted in her sleep, bumping into something. She snuggled closer to whatever it was, stealing its warmth.

"Well, what do we have here?"

Kara's head poked up from her blankets in confusion, squinting as the bright lights attacked her eyes. "Huh?"

She was suddenly shoved out of the bed as the pile of blankets moved, and she landed at Kix's feet. Fives and Hardcase grinned and grabbed the blankets, pulling them away.

"What are you doing?" Rex groaned as he sat up, disgruntled at the loss of warmth.

"What are you doing?" Fives countered.

"You pushed me out of bed!" Kara grumpily said. She stole the blankets and wrapped them around herself.

"We have a briefing," Kix said, watching in amusement as Kara crawled back into her bunk, shoving Rex out of it. "You're late, so General Skywalker sent us out to find you."

Rex blanched. "General Skywalker sent you? I'm late to a meeting?"

"Yeah, and you better hurry up." Hardcase picked Kara up and placed her next to Rex. "He's pretty upset that you're late."

Rex sprinted down the hallways at top speed, with a panicked face. Kara threw her head back and laughed, until Kix told her she was supposed to be there as well.

Then she cursed and tried to run after him.

"Uh-uh!" Kix exclaimed, wagging a finger. He grabbed her arm and brought her to a sudden stop. "You had an asthma attack yesterday. No extreme activity at least until tomorrow."

"But this isn't extreme activity!" Kara argued. "This is just running! I do it all the time!"

"Medic's orders," Kix firmly said. "You'll walk down there."

Kara grumbled. "Fine. But now that he's already gone there's no way I can find it on my own."

"I'll take you!" Hardcase volunteered.

"And me!" Fives put his hand up and frantically waved it.

They guided her to the briefing room, talking enthusiastically about how well the heist went to steal Rex's helmet. Hardcase wasn't there personally, but word travelled fast.

"And we heard what happened in the office." Fives smirked suggestively.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Kara sped up, making them scramble to catch up with her.

"We heard you talk about how pretty the other one was!" Hardcase accusatorially said. "Are you saying nothing happened?"

"I don't see how it's any of your business." Kara bristled. "Are we almost there?"

Fives ignored her question. "He obviously likes you. I've never seen him seem so... at ease. He's usually so stoic and rigid."

Kara's stomach dipped and she almost smiled. "Good for him."

Hardcase tilted his head. "That's it? That's all you have to say?"

"What do you what from me? Do you want me to start cheering? Do you want me to run over to him and propose?" Kara glared at both of them. 

"Are you ever going to try it?" Fives bluntly asked.

"Yeah, are you ever going to ask him out? Because we all know he's never going to do it," Hardcase said and came to a stop in front of a door. "Or are you too scared to try it?"

Kara stopped as well. "It's none of your business."

"So... no?" Fives frowned.

"No. It's never going to happen." Kara scowled at them and entered the briefing room.

"-and that's our plan of attack." Anakin looked up as the door shut behind Kara as she walked inside. "Ah, Kara. I'm glad you could make it."

"In my defence, I wasn't told about this meeting," Kara said. She stepped to the side as people exited the briefing room, leaving her, Rex, Ahsoka, and Anakin alone. 

"But Rex was," Anakin sharply said, glancing at the blonde man.

"I fell asleep," Rex sheepishly said. "Sorry, sir."

Anakin grinned. "It's fine, Rex. Just make sure it doesn't happen again. If this keeps happening I might have to separate you two."

"She had an asthma attack! Was I supposed to just leave her alone?" Rex spluttered.

"We're launching an attack on a droid base on the planet Kashyyyk. The Wookiee's have requested our assistance. We have to sneak into the base and steal a disk they have in the command centre. All previous attempts to take it have failed," Ahsoka told Kara to catch her up.

"Let me guess, you want me to use my Separatist experience to get into this base without being detected?" Kara cocked her hip to the side and pursed her lips.

"We figure you know how to sneak inside." Anakin ran a hand through his hair. "Of course, there'd be a small team with you in case something goes wrong. You wouldn't be alone."

"Sure," Kara agreed. "But I choose who comes with me."

"That's fine." Anakin fiddled with the lightsaber at his belt. "Ahsoka and I have to speak with some of the Wookiee leaders about a new treaty, so we can't go. As soon as we land, you'll be on your way."

"I'll take Rex with me," Kara said, nudging him with her elbow. "And Echo. Kix too, in case we all get stabbed. Not Fives though. He'd probably get us caught."

"He can actually be pretty stealthy when he wants to," Rex remarked. "I can't tell you how many times he's snuck behind me and yelled 'Boo'."

"Fine. He can come," Kara relented. "But I want Tup to come too. I feel kinda bad for taking his armour that one time."

"I'll let them know. We're approaching Kashyyyk now, so gear up." Anakin dismissed them.

"I actually get a weapon?" Kara excitedly asked.

Rex hummed and handed her a blaster. "What type of blaster do you usually use?

"I don't usually use them." Kara held the weapon up to her face to peer down the barrel. Rex hastily pulled it away from her after that.

"What do you fight with then?" Rex questioned.

"Poison. Fists." Kara faked a punch at his gut and laughed.

"Well we don't have poison lying around, so you'll have to use a blaster. Can you make do with one?"

"Sure, but I can't promise I'll have the most accurate aim." Kara took the blaster back from him and checked out the safety settings.

"That's... not great," Rex said, flicking the blaster on to safety for her.

"Maybe you can teach me sometime." Kara batted her eyes at him. "Just you and I."

Rex smiled slightly, ignoring the suggestive tone. "Maybe."

Kara suddenly rounded on him, throwing the blaster to the side. He nearly jumped to get it, not wanting it to go off and kill one of them, but restrained himself.

"I have to be honest with you," Kara stared intently at him, "about Hardcase." 

Rex crossed his arms, rolling his eyes. "What did he do now?"

"He accused me of being too scared," Kara furiously said. "Can you believe it?"

"Too scared of what?" Rex questioned.

"Can I kiss you?" Kara stepped closer to him. "I want to make sure you're okay with it."

Rex's eyes widened and his breath hitched. "Uh, sure."

Kara grabbed the collar of his blacks that stuck out from his armour and pulled him close. His head ducked down to meet hers, and he had a moment of doubt.

But it melted away as their lips touched, and he closed his eyes, savouring the moment.

Kara's hands relaxed, they moved to the back of his neck, holding him close. He put his hands on her hips, thumbs moving in tiny circles against her.

Kara pulled away and smiled at him softly for a moment. He felt a flutter in his stomach and smiled just as tenderly in return.

"Take that, Hardcase," Kara whispered.

"I can safely say you weren't afraid." Rex chuckled and picked up the blaster.

An announcement rang out through the ship, declaring they had landed.

"I look forwards to the next one," Kara said and took the blaster from him. 

"Next time?" Rex holstered his pistols. "You seem confident that I'll let you kiss me again. Perhaps a bit too confident."

"I'm always too confident," Kara joked.

"I've noticed," Rex responded. He slipped his helmet on and led the way to the hanger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 163 15
"A powerful Sith you will become..." "NO!" ---- This is my version of what would happen on Mortis if Padme, Rex, Fives, Kix, Tup, Echo, Jesse, Hardc...
13.2K 452 37
π•§π• π•šπ•• - a completely empty space "I'm trapped in the darkness." She whispered into his ear. His arms slipped around her waist, heart aching for h...
1.2K 11 20
Just some Star Wars one-shots I've written in my spare time. May include: Obi wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex, Cody, Kix, Fives, Echo, Hunter, Wrecker, Tech...
13.1K 358 11
(2019)The 501st are going on leave for abit on asunny planet somewhere. Your a JediKnight in the 501st and your taskedwith keeping an eye on them. Al...