I Wanna Be Yours- Cato Hadley

By treechsgf

"Hate to break it to you babe, but only one of us is coming out of this alive, and it's gonna be me." "In you... More

Cast & Authors Note
10 Years Ago
6 Years Ago
The 68th Annual Hunger Games
The Reaping
The Tribute Parade
Evaluation
Preperation
The Interviews
The Last Few Hours
Day One
authors note
Day Two
The End of the Good Days
Hell
Heaven (alt ending)

Training Center

244 6 0
By treechsgf

"Rise and shine my tributes!" Velvet calls out clapping her hands.

I sit up and rub my eyes. I stand up out of bed and slide on my slippers provided by the capitol.

"Goodmorning Athena, wonderful of you to join us." Gloss greets.

I notice Marvel, Cashmere, Gloss, Velvet, Tigris, and Marvel's stylist all sat at the table.

"Why does this look like you're about to host a drug intervention for me?" You laugh.

"Athena, darling, please stay in the building tonight." Cashmere spoke up.

"Marvel.." I shot daggers at him.

"No, don't blame Marvel. I stayed up and watched you. Go ahead and start alliances, but don't start a romance you can't finish." Cashmere stated.

"It was nothing. I don't even know the boys name. It was innocent flirting.". I defended.

"Just," Cahsmere cleared her throat. "Stay in tonight."

I nodded before piling food on my plate.

As we ate breakfast Velvet went on about how training starts today.

"Don't show anyone your abilities!" I overhear Velvet say.

I looked up and then to Gloss and back to Velvet.

"Velvet, Athena and Marvel are some of my top fighters at my training center. Trust me, let them work on stuff. The more they hide the more they're going to struggle." Gloss spoke up.

He looked over at you and sent a wink. You smiled back.

"I- well, I suppose, you are their mentor after all." She agrees.

"Now you two go wash up and get changed. They want all tributes in the training center by noon!" Velvet hurries.

I go back to my room and take a quick shower and put on my training outfit.

It's a tight black short sleeved shirt and tight black pants, rimmed with red. A small Red and white box with the number 1 on it on my sleeve.

As I tie my hair in a pony tail, I readjust my necklace. The same gold one, with a sword on it.

"Okay my tributes! Let's go!" Velvet cheers.

I let out an exasperated sigh and walk out of my room.

Velvet babbles to herself about something as me and Marvel walk in tow.

"Sorry that you got in trouble." Marvel whispers.

"It's fine, but I highly doubt I'll talk to him again after today. When he sees how deadly I am he'll piss his pants and run away." I laugh.

"Athena, he's pretty deadly too."

"Oh Marvel, who has beaten you in every spar we've done?"

"Touché."

"Alright my loves, go line up over there and listen up. When she dismisses you go to whatever weapon you handle best and well, show them who's boss!" Velvet claps.

You give her a small smile as you walk into the line.

You're stood next to the district two boy.

"Hey princess."

"Shut up."

The training center lady talks for what seems like forever until she finally tells us we can go train.

I walk towards the swords and grab one.

I starts twirling it before heading towards the knifes.

I pick up a knife and hide it in my waistband. Even in the tight clothes for training, it's still hidden to the point that my opponent won't notice it.

I walk back to where the swords are and start practicing on some dummies.

I successfully cut off three dummy heads five arms, and impale two within thirty seconds.

The district two boy stands in awe.

I bow before walking towards Marvel.

"Impressive." Marvel smiles.

"Thanks, it's almost like I've been training g my whole life for this."

The district two big trains with his sword but not doing nearly as much as I did. You then practice throwing your sword next to Marvel as he throws his spear.

You hit the target directly in the heart while Marvel hits the stomach.

You walk back and see the district two boy attempt to throw the sword into the targets heart and just barely miss.

As you walk towards the sparring center you walk past the direct two boy.

"Told you you'd be the one needing protection babe." you whisper.

He looks up at you in shock. As you continue to walk he grabs your wrist and pulls you back closer to him.

"You. Me. Let's spar." He decided.

You nod in agreeance and turn to Marvel.

You mouth "he wants to spar" and Marvel lets out a loud laugh.

Marvel, Clove, and a good chunk of the other tributes watch as me and the boy spar.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

"Go!" Marvel counts.

The boy immediately goes to a stab but I duck. While I'm close to ground I kick the back of his knees causing him to fall.

I go in for a stab but he sweeps me to the ground with his feet. He crawls on top of me, sword in hand, ready to finish me off. Before he is able to win this sparring fight I push myself on top of him. Holding his arms down with my knees.

I grab the knife from my waistband and go to slit his throat.

"Cato is dead, Athena wins this fight " Marvel calls out.

"Hate to break it to you babe, but only one of us is coming out of this alive, and it's gonna be me."

"In your dreams princess."

You only blow him a kiss once more, causing him to blush.

You go back to the swords and practice actually causing damage.

You go home and take another shower before eating dinner.

"How was training today?" Gloss asked.

"Athena went complete badass mode." Marvel smiled.

"Thanks Marvel, I wasn't that great." I smiled.

"Excuse me, you demolished the dummies, hit the target dead in the heart with your sword from 10 feet away AND beat the biggest and strongest tribute here in a spar!" Marvel cheered.

"Did you really do all of this day one?" Cashmere asked.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Atta girl." Gloss smiled.

We finished up eating and I went to my room.

I waited until everyone was asleep before leaving.

I went back to the courtyard to look at the constellations.

As I walk out of there, I found Cato laying on the ground.

"Well hello there." You say with a small smile.

"Oh hey." he sits up

"Sorry about beating you today.  Had to prove a point." You smile, sitting on the ground next to Cato.

"No worries princess." Cato smiles back.

"Can we start over?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Start over." I reply.

Cato looked at you confused.

You clear your throat.  "Hi, I'm Athena, from district one." I smile holding out my hand.

"Ohhh okay, Hi, I'm Cato and In front of district two." He shakes your hand with a smile.

"Well hello Cato.  You're pretty great with a sword."

"Why thank you, but you're incredible with a sword."

"Thank you." You say.

You lean back looking at the stars.  Cato laying down next to you.

"That's Orion." you say pointing.

"Where?"

"Right there." you point.

"Why do you look at the stars?"

"It's something me and my brother would do."

"Oh."

"Yeah, we'd find ourselves in the stars."

"Hey Athena, I was thinking, you should really join the career pack."

You shot straight up.

"Are you kidding me?"

"What?"

"We were having a conversation and all you can think about is me joining a stupid alliance?"

"Well after seeing your skills today I really want you in."

"No, not until you can have a conversation with me and not think of the fucking games!"

"Athena why are you getting so upset?"

"Goodnight Cato." I spat before storming inside.

"Goodnight princess."

—————————————————————————
ope!

i'm realizing I keep switching between I for my oc athena and YOU as if this was a y/n story andddd i don't really feel like changing it 🤷🏼‍♀️. boohoo

i hope you like the story i like it

my writing sucks lowkey and i can't keep the perspective straight, but you know what, im just a girl

also i have school tomorrow 😔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323 2 18
I'm Clove Kentwell, and I volunteered for the 74th Hunger Games, I'm only 15, but I think I can win. I've trained all my life for this. I wont let it...
64K 828 34
๐™‰๐™ค ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™, ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ก๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. Clove has been training for th...
2.6K 41 8
A love story between 2 careers, 1 from district 4 and 1 from district 2 but what will happen when the hunger games finally comes around? btw its qui...
1.2M 27.3K 51
You and Peeta have been best friends growing up, but by the time the 74th Hunger Games rolls around, you have developed a serious crush for him. Such...