~ | The Tudors |~

By storiesstories55

What if there was another Boleyn sibling? Elizabeth Boleyn, the youngest daughter of Thomas Boleyn, 1st Earl... More

~ Chapter 1 ~
~ Chapter 2 ~
~ Chapter 3 ~
~ Chapter 4 ~
~ Chapter 5 ~
~ Chapter 6 ~
~ Chapter 7 ~
~ Chapter 8 ~
~ Chapter 9 ~
~ Chapter 10 ~
~ Chapter 11 ~
~ Chapter 12 ~
~ Chapter 13 ~
~ Chpater 14 ~
~ Chapter 15 ~
~ Chapter 16 ~
~ Chapter 17 ~
~ Chapter 18 ~
~ Chapter 19 ~

~ Chapter 20 ~

1.4K 32 10
By storiesstories55

~ Elizabeth ~

My eyes slowly blinked open as the sun decided to make its presence known. I felt a warmth body holding onto mine. I looked over to see Henry sleeping peaceful. His head was dug into the pillow as his arm was draped over my body.

I then felt the sharpness of soreness all over my body. The recollection of last night replayed in my head. Even with the throbbing pain, nothing but happiness is all I mentally felt.

Though my thoughts were quickly interrupted by the opening of the door. Three of my laddies, Lady Catherine, Lady Margaret, and Lady Joan walked in. They kept their voice downs as they made their way over to me. I'm assuming they're here to fetch me back to my own quarters.

"Your Majesty?" They spoke in a soft tone in unison surprised that I was already awake. They all gave me a deep curtsy. "It is time to make your way to your own quarters. We must prepare you for the day that lies ahead." Lady Catherine spoke gently pulling the sheets off my body. She helped me to my feet and swiftly helped me into my night gown. Lady Joan then put a robe on my body securing  the robe at my waist.

"We must make haste before the bustle of court awakens." Lady Catherine spoke once more. She was an older woman in her late thirties. She has been put charge of my household and making sure all is in order for me. She is already married to the Marques of Dorset. She was chosen by Henry, for she has spent a great deal at court and knows the ins and outs.

Lady Margaret was quick to peek outside the Kings quarters to see who may be lurking around. "There is no sign of anyone, Lady Cathrine." Her soft yet firm voice spoke.

"Good, let's get a move on, Your majesty." She started to shove me out the door and into the halls of the palace. We made haste down every hall. Lady Joan and Margaret went ahead of us to scope out anyone that may be passing by. It was undignified for a Queen to be walking in a night gown, so we had to be discreet.

Once we made it to the safety of the Queen quarters I could relax. My laddies let me step inside first before following suit. The rest of my laddies were gathered around the roaring fire gossiping among one another.
My servants were also about in my quarters, cleaning and tidying up.

My quarters look absolutely stunning. This is the first time I am seeing it after it was reconstructed to my taste. I went with an English theme. With reds and white and a touch of gold colors. It was perfect, fit for a Queen.

I was lost in my own thoughts observing every delicate detail in the living space. "Your Majesty?" Lady Catherine called out gently putting her hand on my shoulder. Pulling me out of my thoughts.

I looked over to see the rest of my laddies stood at an attention awaiting for my command. The servant all gave me a small curtsy as the passed by me. "A bath has already been prepared for you. Let us help you undress." The lady Catherine started to slowly peel the robe off my body.

"Lady Joan will assist me with my bath." I spoke wanting to hear about her night with Charles. I knew I couldn't ask her in front of the other laddies, incase they start a scandalous rumor. Once I get to know them more I will be able to seek out which ones will be loyal to me, and which ones that will share my secrets for their own gain at court.

"Of course, Your Majesty." All of my laddies spoke. Some had a look of disgust and jealousy towards the Lady Joan. While others were perfectly content going back to gossiping.

Lady Joan followed me as I made my way to my bath room. The steam from the bath radiating through the room, making the room very stuffy and foggy.

"I will open a window, madam." Lady Joan made hast to the two windows in the room. Allowing some of the steam to move outside. I took off my night gown stepping inside the warm water. It felt nice and relaxed my sore muscles. Lady Joan came back to my side and started helping me scrub down my body.

"So, how was Charles?" I spoke. Her eyes bulged out of her head as a blushed crept onto to her face.

"I don't think that is an appropriate topic to be discussing with you, Your Majesty." She spoke in a hush voice. Fear was evident in her tone of voice. Scared of mentioning the night before.

"On the contrary. I believe it is important for myself to know the gentlemen at the court that have caught my laddies attention." I spoke slowly massaging my hair with scented soap.

"It is not of an importance, for every lady at court has their eye on Charles. He is consider the most noble bachelor we have at court. Besides there are more available women of higher nobility, than me." A look of sadness plaster on her face,  before she quickly changed back to a content look.

"Don't be so foolish. My family was of low nobility, yet we rose to power and now two of us have become Queen. Don't let entitlements stand in the way of true love." I gently grabbed her writs in a comfort manner.

She gave me an appreciative smile before speaking. " So, will we be expecting news of the appending arrival of a Prince of Wales?" She teased trying to change the subject.

"We might just be. Only time will tell." I truthfully spoke. My nerves sparked a little at that thought. Though I pushed the lewd thoughts away as I stood out of the water. Lady Joan was quick to engulf my body in a warm towel.

Lady Joan could sense my unease. "You shouldn't worry about producing the King an heir. For I believe god already has choosing you, as the one to give a king his long awaited son. Don't put pressure on yourself or let anyone else do. The time will come when god wants it to." Lady Joan kindness had me smile at her in appreciation.

I made my way back to the living space and then to my chambers. A few of my laddies had already gathered in there with my gown for the day. The gown was beautiful, it was white with gold trimming and had grey fur that lined the collar and tips of the sleeves. It was designed by a famous French designer who came all they from Paris to design my gown. It also was designed with a white English hood with gold embroidery.

My laddies wasted no time as they took my towel off and started to dressing me in the fabulous gown. It took some time to put the gown on. For it required many pins to ensure it will be held together.

After the gown was situated on my body they began adding my jewelry, while one of them started to tidy up my hair. I decided to wear three pearl necklaces and a peal ring. It wasn't a lot, but I didn't want to overwhelm the gown.

My hair had to be tied up tight to ensure the crown will be secured and won't fall off during the precession.
The finally touch was putting on the English hood.
I took one look at myself in the mirror and I was in awe. I looked like a true Queen.

"Your Majesty, the Earl and Countess of Wiltshire are here and requesting an audience." Lady Anne spoke. I gave her a nod of approval before she ran off to allow my parents in.

I took one last look at myself before walking into my living space. My father and mother soon entered. They were both dressed in matching dark blue attires.My mom was wearing her expense jewelry, along with a French hood. Smiles plastered on both of their faces.

"Your Majesty." The spoke giving me a small bow. I on the other hand wasn't in the mood for their games. I was quite annoyed by there unexpected presence.

"What is it?" I asked with an annoyed tone laced in my voice. Both my parents were taking back by my non welcoming attitude.

"Elizabeth, watch your tone!" My father grumbled under his breath. His smile wiped clean off his face. As an angry look to over his face.

"Last time I checked father, I am Queen and can act in anyway I please. Now what do you two want? Because clearly interrupted the Queen unexpectedly and unwelcoming doesn't bother the two of you. Now speak!" I commanding wanting to end this conversation.

"Dear, we didn't mean to intrude. Just the court, as well as your father and I are curious on the events of last night." My mother tried the sweet talking menthol with me. Which did not faze me.

"What you mean to say, mother. Is did I consummate my marriage? And the only reason you're asking is to ensure the marriage between the king and I is sealed, am I right or not?" I questioned with a stern look on my face. I took a seat next to the fire, not tearing my eyes from them. In response all I got was silence.

It was clear to me they had another agenda."Though that is not the reason you came to visit me, for you both knew already that my marriage was consummated before you disturbed me. So spill!" I calmly spoke. Even though my insides were burning in rage. I am almost tempted to dismiss them from court right here and then.

My father decided to be the one to speak. " I was hoping you would have a word with the King. Since Anne's downfall, I have been stripped of everything, but my earldom. Now that you're Queen, I was wondering if you can convince the King to reinstate me on the Pricy council?"

I knew it. My parents always have an agenda. My father is blood thirsty for power after he had been striped of almsot all his titles. Anne always followed my fathers every command, but I wasn't Anne and I had no intention of listen to his non sense.

I scuff loudly before standing up." You come to me on my coronation day, to make this about you?" I paused before continuing. " I am Queen now, not Anne! I won't be bullied by you." I pointed my index finger towards his chest. "If you want to be resistant, discuss this with the King yourself. I won't do you biding for you." My mother and father now seemed to be infuriated with my chosen words, but I don't give two cares about their feelings.

"You're dismissed."I didn't give them a chance to speak another word. My father though had no intention of obeying my command.

"You may be Queen now, Elizabeth, but I am still your father! I command, you obey, that how life works. Daughters do not go against their father's word!" He shouted.

I got close to my father's face as I sneered."As Queen, I follow no one's orders! Only the orders of the King. Now if you don't leave my presence at once! Your revered spot in the tower will be awaiting you." I didn't bother waiting for a respond. I walked away back into my chambers.

My laddies that were watch the entire scene stayed quite minding their business. They pretend what had occurred never happened.

I heard the door slam shut indicating my parents left. I let a sight of breath out before turning towards Lady Catherine. "Lady Catherine, please inform Sir Cromwell that the Queen is ready to depart.
"Of course, Madam." She gave me a cutesy before dismissing herself.

I took a seat on the edge of the bed. I let out a deep sigh of breath. The annoyance I felt started to disappear. I sat in silence for some time before one of my laddies informed me the King was awaiting for me in his study.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey Readers,

I thought I would post chapter 20 as soon as possible, since I haven't posted in a while.

On a scale from 1-10, how much are you enjoying the story so far? ————————>

Bye for now 👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 1.9K 34
In the midst of a storm conjured by a witch's wind Anne Neville's story is only just beginning. Second daughter of England's most powerful noble, A...
To Catch A King By Issy

Historical Fiction

15.4K 592 36
'...The first thing I notice about him is his weight. The rumours are true: he is spoilt and fat, so different from the young Renaissance prince I ha...
Live Again By TudorRose

Historical Fiction

68K 1.5K 20
It is the reign of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour and just 1 month ago, Anne Boleyn was beheaded. She comes back to life but nobody knows who she is.
92.9K 3.3K 50
Update: Every 2 weeks Weds AEST ____________________________________ Chosen as a last resort to overcome Anne Boleyn's rise to Queen, Isabella De Ang...