Pluto Projector.

By madd_libbs

In which (Y/n) (Y/l/n) begins to wonder if she really does want her memory back. Book Five of the Party Polic... More

Info.
Year Seven - Half-Blood Prince
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.

Chapter Twenty-Six.

135 13 0
By madd_libbs

(Y/n) reached her room and wound up applying some quick makeup as she hadn't worn any outside given that she practically had her scarf over her nose the entire time. She was able to take off the thick jacket she had worn outside. The jacket better revealed the red fitted top she wore beneath a jean corset-like vest that matched the jeans she wore. The Slytherin tie (whose it was remained unknown) she wore as a headband remained on but she wound up switching her outdoor boots out for a pair of gogo boots. She smoothed out her appearance, adding a few more touch-ups before getting Ginny's letterman jacket back on and wrapping Mattheo's scarf around her hand. She then grabbed the case her guitar was in and slipped it onto her shoulders.
Part of the Gryffindor team had arrived at the tower at the same time as (Y/n). They were out of their uniforms and wearing something more suitable for a night of socializing.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" Dean greeted pleasantly, tossing an arm around (Y/n) as Ginny gave the password to the portrait of the Fat Lady

"Here, your jacket," (Y/n) said, passing Ginny the letterman jacket.

"Thanks! Be right back," Ginny said, swerving through the party crowd and heading up the girls' staircase.

"New outfit?" Dean asked.

"So-so," (Y/n) answered. "I got the vest over the summer while shopping with Lily and I just recently upcycled it."

"It's pretty hard to copy your looks, isn't it?"

"Not if you have the sewing skills," (Y/n) said in a sing-song. She and Dean parted ways shortly as Dean was going off to find Seamus while (Y/n) was looking around for Neville. "Do you see Neville?" (Y/n) asked Ginny, needing to raise her voice to be heard over the music. Ginny had just barely returned from fetching her Pygmy Puff, Arnold.

"I'm sure he's somewhere with Luna," Ginny answered loudly. "Just look for the lion hat." Fond smiles came to both of their faces at the reminder of Luna and her silly ways of supporting people. "There," Ginny said, pointing and leading (Y/n) over to where Luna was wearing her lion hat, which was awfully silent now that there was no game to be supporting.

"Oh, hello Ginny. Hello (Y/n)," Luna greeted airily.

"Having fun, Lu?" (Y/n) asked, sitting on the armrest of the chair Neville was in. She set down the guitar and took it out of its fabric case.

"Plenty," Luna answered. "It is quite entertaining to watch people swarm Harry... Like ants to something sweet." Ginny laughed but some other people looked offended to be compared to ants.

"And you, Nev?" (Y/n) asked, absent-mindedly strumming her guitar. She had just recently touched up the flowers her father had painted on the guitar, ones that were her mother's favourites as they reminded (Y/n)'s dad of his wife, who he claimed was his muse and the only way he ever had any songwriting inspiration.

"They're loud," Neville said with a tired smile. "But it's good to see people in high spirits... Especially now." He didn't need to elaborate for the girls to know he was referring to the current events happening outside of Hogwarts.

"Well, I know a party that will not be loud," (Y/n) sang, strumming the guitar. "Because almost all the people there are really, super boring... Neville, will you go to Slughorn's party with me?" she dragged out, strumming the same chord over and over for effect. There was some applause and hollers behind (Y/n) from the people who found her playing as amusing as it was impressive.

"Seriously? Or was that a bit?" Neville asked, looking suddenly awake.

"I am serious," (Y/n) answered, setting down the guitar so she could show as much. "We will have fun and things probably will not be crazy like House parties."

"...But me? Not Harry or one of your Slytherin guys?" Neville asked.

"Yes, you," (Y/n) emphasized. There was a beat of silence in which Neville's face heated up as he realized (Y/n) was being entirely serious.

"Gosh, you're taken?" Ginny mumbled in halfhearted dismay. She was happy for Neville but would have jumped at the chance of doubling up with (Y/n) and letting their plus-ones go to waste. "Who should I take, then?" she wondered. "Hermione's probably got someone in mind already... I'd take Parvati since she's obviously trying to make Lavender jealous and I'm living for their drama, but... Dean would probably be a more fun person to bring..."

"Let me know if you need help getting something to wear," (Y/n) said, patting Neville's arm as she got up and followed Ginny to see who she was going to ask. "Oh, and would you bring my guitar back to the Tower, Lu?"

"Dean, come to Slughorn's party with me," Ginny requested. "Friends, just friends!" she added quickly, realizing how the request might have sounded.

"All right, Gin," Dean agreed. "From (Y/n)'s takes, it sounds like Slughorn could stand to invite less boorish people. Who better than me?"

"Tone the ego down," Ginny jeered.

"Hey, Bambi," (Y/n) greeted pleasantly. She paused and looked thoroughly confused. Where'd that nickname come from? She's most definitely used it before, but couldn't specifically remember when.

"That name again?" Harry moped, wearily eyeing the group of girls he had just escaped from. The Creevey brothers were still looking around wildly for him. His attention turned down to Crookshanks, who mewed hopefully as he circled Ginny and looked up at Arnold the Pygmy Puff.

"Looking for Ron?" Ginny guessed, smirking. "He's over there, the filthy hypocrite." (Y/n) and Harry both looked toward the corner she was indicating to. There, in full view of the whole room, stood Ron wrapped so closely to Lavender it was hard to tell whose hands were whose. "It looks like he's eating her face, doesn't it?" Ginny said dispassionately. "But I suppose he'd got to refine his technique somehow. Good game, Harry." She patted Harry on the arm and walked off to go get herself more butterbeer.

"You, uh, have a date for Slughorn's Party?" Harry asked.

"Why?" (Y/n) blinked.

"Romilda Vane's been hinting at me," Harry answered.

"Oh, you are asking because you want an excuse to turn her down... without looking rude," (Y/n) said. "Well, I already asked Neville..." she said, only feeling half apologetic as she most certainly didn't regret having asked Neville out. "Why bother taking Ron? You have done it before, right?" Harry blinked, his disappointment morphing into a good kind of surprise.

"You remembered?" Harry asked.

"Mm... Only because someone mentioned it before," (Y/n) said guiltily. "But I always feel bittersweet when I try recalling that night... I hope I remember soon." Her eyes scanned the room. "Have you seen 'Mione?"

"Not since she confronted me after the game," Harry answered. "She thought I spiked Ron's drink," he explained before (Y/n) could ask.

"Oh, I already knew that much... Did you?" (Y/n) asked quietly.

"No. I just made him think I did," Harry said. "And Ron was upset, thinking Hermione was doubting his Quidditch skills."

"Those misunderstandings are so common with those two," (Y/n) huffed. "Every year, I think. I... remember that much. Even without the journals. It was always something crazy happening that brought them together again—" She paused at the sight of a familiar head of bushy brown hair turning and running back out of the room. "Was that...?" She was able to navigate the Gryffindor crowds much easier than Harry was. Other than a brief few finger waves she shot to people who called out to her, (Y/n) wasn't stopped at all as she headed toward the portrait hole. Harry had to side-step Romilda Vane as well as call a "Thanks!" back to a group of fifth years that congratulated their win. Harry stepped through the portrait hole, finding (Y/n) speed-walking through the empty hall in the direction she likely saw Hermione heading. She pushed open the door to the first unlocked classroom the two came across.

"Hermione?" Harry called out. Inside, Hermione was sitting on the teacher's desk, alone except for a small ring of twittering yellow bird circling her head, which she had just conjured out of midair. (Y/n) oohed at Hermione's spellwork.

"Oh, hello, Harry, (Y/n)," Hermione said in a brittle voice. "I was just practising."

"Yeah... they're— er— really good..." said Harry, clearly having no real idea as to what he was supposed to say. He wondered if there was any chance Hermione had not noticed Ron, and that she merely left the room because the party was too rowdy.

"Ron seems to be enjoying the celebrations," Hermione said in an unnaturally high-pitched voice.

"Oh, 'Mione," (Y/n) cooed, walking around the desk to lend Hermione a shoulder to cry on. Sure enough, when she actually saw Hermione's face, the girl was on the brink of tears.

"He didn't even try to hide it," Hermione whimpered. "After I told him I'd take him as my date to Slughorn's party and everyth—!" The door behind them burst open. To Harry and (Y/n)'s horror, Ron came in, laughing and pulling Lavender by the hand. (Y/n)'s jaw was on the floor.

"Oh..." Ron mumbled, drawing short at the sight of the three in the classroom.

"Oops!" Lavender giggled nervously, backing out of the room. The door swung shut behind her. The silence that followed was horrible, swelling, and billowing. Hermione was glaring at Ron, who refused to look at her.

"Hi, Harry, (Y/n)! Wondered where you'd got to!" Ron said in an odd mixture of bravado and awkwardness. Hermione slid off the desk, the yellow bird that circled her head following the movement, continuing to twitter.

"You shouldn't leave Lavender outside," Hermione said quietly. "She'll wonder where you've gone." She walked very slowly and erectly toward the doorway, keeping her hand in (Y/n)'s and pulling her along with her. Harry glanced at Ron, who looked relieved that nothing happened. "Oppungo!" Hermione shrieked from the doorway. Harry spun around, spotting Hermione pointing her wand at Ron with a wild expression. (Y/n)'s jaw dropped once again as the little flock of birds retreated from Hermione's head and sped toward Ron like a hail of golden bullets. Ron yelped and covered his face and head as the birds attacked, pecking and clawing at every bit of flesh they could reach.

"Gerremoffme!" Ron yelled, his voice muffled. Hermione, with one last look of fury, stormed off. (Y/n) managed to counter the spell just in time for the door to close.

"Hermione—!" came the last heard exclamation just before the door closed and Harry was left with a cut-up Ron. "I know you are rightfully upset, but you are going to get into some serious trouble attacking someone like that," (Y/n) murmured.

"I know. I'm sorry," Hermione mumbled. (Y/n) thought about telling Hermione that she wasn't the one she should be apologizing to, but she knew that Ron was a sore topic for the girl.

"Wanna come to the Slytherin party with me?" (Y/n) asked. "Wait... Put that plan on hold. I am not really sure I can invite someone since I am a guest..."

"They threw a party even though they lost?" Hermione asked.

"Mhm," (Y/n) nodded. She tapped her wand against her top, which went from red to blueish-green. She glanced at Hermione's outfit: Brown pants, a back sweater, and a red cardigan. The both of them could technically stand to dress up more, (Y/n) thought as she recalled Cho's previous warning, which was that Slytherins usually had a fancier dress code. Her mind then drifted to the fact that most of them were likely still wearing the clothes they had worn to the game as the party wasn't meant to be a big deal in the first place. Pansy had told her it was just something fun for the first game of the Quidditch season, regardless of the outcome— But the. Daphne piped up and informed (Y/n) that, no, the party was a celebration for new members of the team. (Y/n) felt bad for not dressing up more for a party that was celebrating Blaise, Mattheo, and Theodore.

"What are you thinking about?" Hermione asked.

"Ah... Was it showing?" (Y/n) laughed. "I was just thinking about the dress code," she admitted. "Slytherin parties are not the equivalent to Muggle house parties, like Gryffindor parties are, if that makes sense."

"Oh..." Hermione glanced down at herself. She proceeded to tuck in her turtleneck, giving just a slightly less casual look. (Y/n) jogged forward slightly to walk in front of Hermione. She crossed the girl's sweater rather than buttoning it and when she tapped the side she had crossed over the other, a safety pink with a ribbon that matched the colour of the cardigan appeared, pinning it down. "Better?"

"It was not bad in the first place," (Y/n) assured. "Wait. I will ask Pansy first. Wait here." She approached the common room. "Fortes fortuna adiuvat," she spoke to the wall. Seemingly out of thin air, a snake appeared, bending to form an arch over a door that revealed itself. "That means 'fortune favours the bold,'" (Y/n) informed proudly. She paused and her eyebrows furrowed. "How do I know that?" she mumbled, entering the door and disappearing for a long moment. Hermione began to pace. She flinched when the snake appeared again when the door was opened from the inside. "Come in, come in." Hermione hesitantly obliged, reasoning that sticking to (Y/n)'s side would be far better than sticking down in the dungeons alone.

"Hey, Hermione," Daphne greeted, looking the most welcoming of the lot. "Glad to have you... Thirsty? Elixirs, Fire Whiskey, and Butterbeer are over there."

"Here. Calming draught," Pansy spoke, lightly brushing against Hermione as she passed the girl, holding out a small phial. "(Y/n) said you're having trouble in paradise. Just stick over here if you're not in a partying mood." Hermione hesitantly sat down in an armchair, sitting on the very edge. It was clear to her that her presence was making things awakened for everyone else.

"Did you see where the stars of the night went?" Lorenzo asked, speaking the word 'star' rather mockingly. "Oh, there they are... I'm surprised Blaise is still with them. He's usually not one for crowds."

"Blaise won't have a problem finding a date, huh?" Pansy commented. "He did pretty good today even if it was our loss..."

"He wouldn't have had problems in the first place. Look at the guy," Lorenzo said. Daphne and Pansy raised their eyebrows. "Y-You agree, right?"

"For sure," (Y/n) agreed.

"He is very good-looking," Hermione admitted, nodding.

"Who?" Theodore asked as he, Mattheo, and Blaise came right over. No Slytherin protested the matter as the boys had already said they were tired from the game (and the Slytherins respected (Y/n)'s presence and, more specifically, the boys' desire to reach her).

"Blaise," (Y/n) answered unthinkingly. Hermione threw (Y/n) a brief glare, her face growing warm. "Your scarf," (Y/n) said, holding it out for Mattheo, who shook his head dismissively.

"Keep it... Slughorn's party? Is that what you guys are talking about?" Mattheo guessed, flopping onto the couch. "Better yet, who Blaise is taking?" He sipped his bottle of butterbeer, glancing around expectantly for an answer.

"Whoa, spot on," Pansy confirmed.

"Who are you taking?" Lorenzo asked.

"No clue. Not even sure I'm going," Blaise answered.

"What? You have to! And you have to take me!" Theodore insisted. "I want to see (Y/n) in a pretty dress."

"You can always see me in a pretty dress," (Y/n) said.

"Oh?" Theodore smirked.

"If the occasion is right," (Y/n) quickly added.

"If I took any of you, it'd be Daphne or Enzo," Blaise stated. He grew up with most of them and in each of their household environments, they were taught ball etiquette, so it was not a matter of his date making a fool of themselves, not more specifically who he, personally, would be sticking to the side of the events with— Daphne was a nice girl who would at least know who they were talking to in terms of Slughorn's guests (she was very up-to-date with politics, celebrities, etc...); Lorenzo was on the quieter side so he wouldn't need to worry about being dragged this way and that to go meet people.

"Hermione! Nice outfit," Theodore said.

"I'm not taking you," Hermione declined.

"It would be a nice get-back on Ron, no?" (Y/n) commented. "What better way to rile the guy up than bringing a Slytherin?... Especially one from the team he is competing against..." Hermione paused for a long, thoughtful moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 31 28
Now starting her sixth year at Hogwarts, Catherine Collins has discovered that she has quite a talent for finding trouble. She's managed to find tro...
69.8K 1.9K 30
━━ 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒; ❝ 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝘀𝗼𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗼...
100K 5K 56
In which a Ravenclaw gets mixed up with the wrong (and right) people. Book One of the Party Police Series Pre-Harry-Potter-Series & Philosopher's Sto...
1.7K 113 51
"𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨." harry potter ; half-bl...