Chapter Four.

"It's not too late to quit," Olivia said.

"I am not going to quit," (Y/n) huffed. "I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself and I am going to prove everyone wrong."

"Yeah, all right," Olivia said, humouring (Y/n). "You better be out of this shop at six o'clock on the dot, or I'm breaking down the doors."

"No you will not!"

"Want to try me?"

"There is no getting anywhere with you," (Y/n) said, frowning.

"Mum instincts," Olivia sang, doing a little dance that made (Y/n) duck her head.

"Stop," (Y/n) groaned. "You will embarrass me..."

"It's my job to embarrass you," Olivia said. "C'mon, stop being a moody teenager and get to work."

"I am not moody!"

"I'll watch from here," Olivia said, stopping, crossing her arms, and tapping her foot. (Y/n) stared before walking off in a huff towards the shop Olivia had stopped a little ways from. (Y/n)'s hand lingered on the door before she turned and looked at Olivia.
"I love you," Olivia called.

"Love you too," (Y/n) replied more quietly before opening the door and venturing inside. Olivia swayed from side to side for a few moments, waiting under the slight chance (Y/n) would back out and return.
(Y/n), however, did not return.

"Good morning, deary," the shopkeeper greeted with a smile. "Come join me in the back and we'll get you an apron, all right?" (Y/n) nodded, glancing out of the windows before following the shopkeeper to the back.
There was an array of colourful aprons with large pockets for (Y/n) to choose from. Before taking her pick, the shopkeeper advised (Y/n) to set her bag in one of the cubbies to which (Y/n) obliged. She chose a pink apron before turning and nearly jumping out of her skin for Mrs. Sanguina stood behind (Y/n) with a pair of dragon hide gloves stretched out for her.

"Thank you," (Y/n) said pleasantly, accepting the gloves and tucking them into the pocket of her apron before actually getting on the apron. She secured it with a bow in the back and then got on the gloves, following Mrs. Sanguina back to the actual shop.
Mrs. Sanguina showed (Y/n) around the shop, showing her where wrappings for bouquets were, gave her shears for trimming down the flowers and leaves. (Y/n) was then led into the second part of the shop. She nearly tripped down the singular step leading to where the herbology part of the store was. A teenage boy eyed them with a look of boredom before perking up and not taking his eyes off (Y/n) (much to her discomfort). Mrs. Sanguina informed (Y/n) that, after her trial period, (Y/n) would be expected to care for the plants.

"And this is my grandson, Tobias," Mrs. Sanguina said as she finished the tour, motioning to the brown boy who looked oddly lifeless in (Y/n)'s opinion. (Y/n) was quite confused by this bit of information due to Mrs. Sanguina not looking old enough to have a grandchild, but she did not comment.

"It is nice to meet you," (Y/n) smiled. The boy hummed in amusement and looked away with a smirk. Mrs. Sanguina clicked her tongue disapprovingly.

"Let's get back to the flowers, all right?" Mrs. Sanguina said, checking her watch. "It's about time one of our regular witch clients comes in..." (Y/n) quickly followed Mrs. Sanguina back up to the flower section of the store.
"Ah! I was right," Mrs. Sanguina said, smiling sweetly at the blonde woman, who was already looking over the flowers. "What for you this time, Mrs. Malfoy?" (Y/n)'s eyes widened briefly and she snapped her head back in the blonde's direction. 
Through her diary, (Y/n) knew she only had one encounter with Narcissa Malfoy and that was at the Quidditch World Cup, where she sat a row behind (Y/n). (Y/n) did indeed agree with herself on Narcissa's beauty though this time Narcissa did not look as though she was smelling something wretched, in fact, she looked quite at peace with the flowers.