LUMIOUSE HIGH (S1)- Forgivin...

By somanath9121

In this gripping tale, Ash Ketchum embarks on a journey to a new school, hoping to escape the haunting memori... More

A new student: Regrets from the Past.
A Bridge of Apologies
Horizons of Hope

Kalos Beginnings: Whispers of the Past

221 8 6
By somanath9121

??? Pov:

"Bye, Mom. Love you! C'mon, Pikachu!" I exclaimed, my backpack slung over one shoulder, the anticipation of a new day tingling in the air.

Pikachu hopped onto my shoulder, waving to Mom, who returned the gesture with a smile as we set off.

Strolling through the lively streets of Vaniville Town, I observed the hustle and bustle. People, accompanied by their Pokémon, hurried to school and work.

Gazing at the morning sky, I noticed the gentle sun, its warmth not as intense as usual. Summer was almost over, and so were my holidays.

Sigh... I couldn't even finish that game I was sure I'd complete during the holidays, thanks to those pesky weekly bosses interrupting my story quest progress.

Oh, right, you're probably wondering who I am, rambling on like a novel protagonist. Ahem... let me introduce myself. I'm Ash Ketchum from Vaniville Town,

Eh, that doesn't sound catchy. Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town had a better ring. But since I'm currently living in Vaniville Town, well, deal with it.

I used to live in the Kanto region, my birthplace. I even spent half of my school years there. At first, it was fun; I had friends, a best friend. Even though I wasn't the brightest student, it used to be the best school for me with my friends by my side.

Having so many friends must be great, right? I thought so too, but every story has its antagonist. Mine wasn't exactly a bad guy, more like a dose of reality that bursts your fantasy bubble. In short, he entered the school, spread some nasty rumors, and I became the laughing stock almost every day.

You might think it's common nowadays, just don't let yourself down, your friends are with you, blah, blah...

Sure, some friends they were.

Instead of believing me, they believed the rumors, and as you would have guessed Arguments and fights ensued, and I lost all my friends..

Losing friends is tough, but when your best friend, the one you've known since childhood, with whom you've shared every secret, even the embarrassing ones, whom you trusted more than anyone else, starts believing those rumors and begins to ignore you, Ah... the heartbreak. So bittersweet.

Sigh... Guess that's what they call fate, but anyway, after those friends turned their back, I became a lone person without any friends, and the rumors didn't help much either.

Just like that, before the matter became worse, my mom decided to transfer me to another school in another region. She transferred her work region, and voilà, here I am attending Lumiose High.

"Pika,pi?" Pikachu poked my cheeks, with his paws, interrupting the story, as he pointed at a house. I turned to the house; he was pointing and asked,

"What is it, buddy?"

"Pika!" He turned to me, pointing at a truck outside the house and some people unloading things.

The house was empty from the moment I shifted to Kalos; I guess we're getting neighbors now.

"Looks like finally someone decided to shift into that house," I shrugged off as I continued walking to the bus stop.

It's good to see somebody shifting into the neighborhood. To be honest, that house was starting to creep me out at night after watching those late-night horror shows.

Pikachu, still perched on my shoulder, and I finally reached the bus stop. It seemed like no one had arrived yet.

As I reached the bus stop, I opened my bag, took out a pair of circular specs, and placed them on my eyes, then started straightening my hair a little.

Turning to Pikachu, I asked, "How do I look, buddy?"

Pikachu's ears dropped, and a frown replaced his smile as he observed my new look. That was the confirmation I needed as I zipped my bag and slung it over my back.

"Pika!" Pikachu protested, attempting to snatch the specs away from my face, but I pulled my head back.

"Sorry, Pikachu. You know, it has to be like this," I said, smiling at Pikachu, who looked upset witnessing the style change.

It had to be this way; At first when I introduced myself at this school, the girls just won't stop bothering me. Phrases like "He looks cute" and "Maybe I have a chance with him" "We got a new cutie" echoed in the hallways.

I mean, what the hell! A guy enters a new school, and suddenly, everyone starts flirting? Talk about falling for looks. Well, I couldn't blame them; even I fell for my best friend at first because of her looks.

To avoid such attention, I decided to wear these nerdy-looking specs and straighten my hair. Sometimes I wish I had the power to change my face and identity with just a turn.

I know, you all must be thinking, why can't you change your looks in home, I once did!

I once tried changing my looks at home, but my mom, being the dramatic mom she is, shed some fake tears, pinching my cheeks, exclaimed "Where is my Ashy? What have you done to my cute little adorable Ash!"

I love my mom and all, but those dramas can be a bit much. So, to avoid those theatrics, I prefer to change my looks on the go. It's just easier that way.

The bus arrived, and we hopped on, finding an empty seat. As we settled in the back seat, Pikachu shifted into my lap, curling into a ball.

I just smiled and started stroking his fur as he cooed in response. He's the reason I didn't do anything stupid during my school days.

He was a little Pichu when I used to attend the school in Pallet Town. At first, he was annoying and didn't hear a word I told him. The funny part was whenever he used to shock me; he'd faint down first, unable to handle his own electricity.

On that fateful day, I was sure I didn't want to live anymore. But then he came out of nowhere and jumped into my arms, crying his heart out, not letting me go.

We cried together, hugging each other to our heart's content, and then suddenly, something magical happened.

He evolved!

I don't know what triggered it. His body was glowing the brightest silver, the size of his body increased, and the next moment I opened my eyes.

Poof! Pichu was gone, and there stood a Pikachu who was as surprised as me. Hehe, that look on his face was priceless.

As the bus gradually filled, I noticed the sidelong glances from other students, their attention quickly returning to their own affairs, neglecting my gloomy presence.

Suddenly, a familiar hand draped over my shoulder, and a voice whispered in my ear, "Looking nerdy as ever, Ashy boy!"

"Gaaa—" I started, almost shouting, but I restrained myself upon realizing who it was.

The one and only Gary Oak!

Sighing, I settled into my seat, shooting a mean glare at Gary, who responded with a cheeky wink.

"I've told you to stop with that name," I whisper-yelled, annoyance etched across my face.

"Sure, maybe when you get yourself a girlfriend!" Gary laughed, and I rolled my eyes, unamused by his persistent teasing.

"Say, how about I set you up with some hot chicks? I know quite a few. You can thank me later."

Classic Gary. He and I were in the same class back in Pallet Town. we weren't the best of friends, with him seizing every opportunity to tease me.

Yet, after the incident at my previous school, he stood by me, even defending me at times. Despite our friendship now, the relentless teasing persisted.

"Gary! Be nice to him. Apologize, or we'll have some serious conversation," a stern female voice intervened. Gary stiffened, nervously laughing. It was evident that this girl had quite an influence on him.

"Hehe..., I was just joking. Sorry, Ashy boy," Gary apologized, and I sighed. Those nicknames can be traumatizing.

Turning toward the girl, I greeted her with a smile, "Hey, Lillie, good to see you. So, are you in the same class as me and Gary?"

Lillie is a sweet girl from Alola. She is one of those whom I consider friends in this school. She sometimes bakes these Alolan cookies which taste amazing.

I don't know what made her fall for this idiot, but they are in a relationship, thanks to me. I worked hard to get them together.

Lillie sat near Gary, pecking Gary's cheek as she replied, "I checked the schedule Professor Sycamore mailed me, and yep, I'm in the same class as yours and Gary."

I smiled and nodded, before exclaiming, "That's great, Lillie. Although..." I paused, creating a dramatic suspense with an innocent look harboring mischievous intent. "Looks like Gary will not be able to concentrate on—"

Gary halted my speech, covering my mouth. "You better shut your crap," he warned.

I raised my eyebrows, silently communicating something to Gary. He gritted his teeth and whispered hastily, "Please..."

"That's much better," I whispered back, as he huffed in annoyance and turned away.

"What concentrate, Ash?" Lillie asked, suspicion in her eyes as she observed Gary and me.

I chuckled, shifting my gaze between Gary and Lillie. "I meant, now that you'll be in our room, I don't think Gary will be able to concentrate on classes anymore." I grinned at Gary, who sighed in relief, and Lillie's cheeks tinted pink.

Love sure does work wonders.

Third person Pov:

The bus rumbled to a stop in front of Lumiose High, and as the doors swung open, students poured out, their uniforms creating a vibrant display of school spirit. The white shirts adorned with the school's logo and the distinctive black tie with blue checks were unmistakable.

In the sea of students, each clad in their uniform, the diversity of styles and personalities became apparent. Some confidently strolled towards the school gates, while others lingered in groups, exchanging laughter and animated conversations.

Among the students, Ash adjusted his circular specs, the nerdy disguise still in place. Pikachu, perched on his shoulder, surveyed the surroundings with curiosity. The bustling energy of the school entrance didn't escape their notice.

As the students made their way inside, the school's courtyard buzzed with activity. Lillie, Gary, and Ash navigated through the crowd. Lillie's blue and red checked skirt swayed with each step, complementing the school uniform's design.

Ash, Pikachu, Gary, and Lillie entered the bustling school hall. As they stood near the entrance, Ash turned to Pikachu, patting his head affectionately. "Bye, buddy. Meet ya later!"

"Pika, pika!" Pikachu nodded, nuzzling his cheeks against Ash's before dashing excitedly towards the daycare center, eager to meet his Pokémon friends.

Ash watched his energetic companion disappear into the school's daycare, a fond smile on his face. He then turned to Gary and Lillie, ready to head to their respective classes.

Lillie, her curiosity getting the better of her, asked, "Why don't you leave Pikachu at home, Ash? He might get bored being in the daycare."

Gary, ever the witty friend, answered for Ash while draping an arm around him, "Him and Pikachu are inseparable. Pikachu just follows wherever Ashy boy goes. Maybe even to the bathroom."

Ash joined in the banter, explaining, "Don't worry, he's a friendly one. He can probably make Arceus one of his friends."

The trio shared a hearty laugh, the camaraderie evident as they continued walking towards their classroom.

Ash's Pov:

As soon as we enter our classroom,

BANG!

A loud noise echoed through the class. Me, Gary, and Lillie, along with other classmates, looked towards the direction and saw an orange-haired girl holding a folded book, cornering a guy who was on his knees, his face portraying sheer panic.

Misty, a girl you should never mess with. While she might have a tomboy look, she undoubtedly possesses a short temper, especially against boys.

If you ever encounter a wild Misty, folks, never try to mess with it; her glare is enough to scare the living daylights out of Giratina, making him retreat into his distortion layer.

"What were you calling me, again?!" Misty scowled, tapping the folded book against her palm intimidatingly. Her expression looked like she would bite his head off if he didn't answer.

I can see the whole class, was looking towards both of them, mainly at the guy, One of the embarrassing moments this guy will treasure in his life.

The guy was stuttering heavily like a Magikarp without water, Uh-oh looks like he's about to get another headshot.

Gary, standing beside me, was visibly shivering, probably recalling the wrath he faced when he tried to flirt with Misty for the first time. Let me tell you, it was his biggest mistake to date.

"I... didn't. It just... slipped my mouth, I'm sorry!" The guy spoke hurriedly in a panic, with some of his words getting muddled.

Misty's face twisted into an eerie smile as she leaned closer to the poor guy, speaking in a Gengar-haunting tone. "You better watch that mouth of yours next time, or else."

I definitely wouldn't want to be in that guy's place any day. He nodded vigorously, and as soon as Misty backed down, he stood up and bolted out of the class as fast as his legs could carry him.

Misty turned around with a proud look. Wait, what was she proud of? Scaring that guy?

As soon as she noticed us, her gaze softened, and she rushed over, taking Lillie in a massive hug. "It's good to see you again, Lillie. I missed you!"

Talk about mood swings. How does she handle her perio—... nevermind.

Lillie hugged back, greeting Misty, "It's good to see you too, Misty."

Misty broke the hug, gazing at both of us. Our bodies stiffened, just remembering the beating that guy received. We didn't do anything, at least I didn't.

Misty shifted her attention to the boy beside me, the folded book still in her hand, as she asked with a change in tone, "Hey, Gary! I hope you aren't trying to pull any tricks on any other girl behind your girlfriend?"

Gary stiffened, a sweat bead forming on his head as he quickly shook his head, indicating a 'No.'

Misty's dominance remained as she asked further, pointing the folded book towards Gary, "You better not, or else you know the consequences."

Man, she should totally become the leader of the girl's council.

The bell rang, signaling the start of class. Misty and Lillie returned to their desks, Gary sighed in relief, and we made our way to our desks, him sitting in front of me of the last row.

If memory serves me right, the first period belonged to Professor Birch, our Math teacher from last year.

As I pondered this, the door slid open, revealing Professor Birch in his usual white coat. He entered the classroom, placing some books on the table, and turned his attention toward us.

He greeted, "Good morning, students. We meet again this year." He grinned, waving his hand. Despite his quirks, he was a great teacher with explanations and terminology that were easy to grasp.

However, his peculiar obsession with wild Pokémon sometimes led him to stalk them to their homes. I guess you could call him a Pokèmon stalker, which sometimes gets him in trouble.

"I'm pleased to have this class again, especially considering some of you performed exceptionally well in the final papers. I was genuinely concerned about the difficulty level," he exclaimed, and his gaze briefly met mine before I shifted my attention to my book.

He was right; last year's math paper was tricky. I got stuck on a question for half an hour, only to realize it was a simple division problem.

Then, to my surprise, Professor Birch looked at me again. Why was he looking at me? Did I get the answers wrong? That couldn't be; I was confident in my solutions. I tried to shake off those thoughts as I looked down at my book.

But the next thing I knew, Professor Birch called me out, "Ash, can you come here for a minute?

Me? Why? Did I do something wrong? Doubts swirled in my mind as I walked over, standing in front of him while avoiding eye contact.

He placed both his hands on my shoulders and turned me toward the class, surprising me with the spin. "There you have it, folks – this year's topper. Despite the paper's difficulty, he managed to score a perfect 100 in Math," Professor Birch praised me, his hands firm on my shoulders.

My classmates eyes almost popped out hearing Professor words, What,? Can't you tell by my face, that I'm a nerd. Or was the paper too difficult for you all?

"He is the only one who scored a perfect 100 in the whole grade. I'm so proud that you're my student," Professor Birch announced.

I could feel all eyes on me and the heat rising in my cheeks from embarrassment. Jeez, just let me go already.

(______________________________)

After that long embarrassing first lecture, the remaining three  flew by quickly. Now it's time for lunch. Ahh, some alone time with myself.

Gary usually sits with Lillie, who joins the other girls. So, being the socially awkward person I am, I found a quiet spot for myself where I can sit in peace and enjoy my lunch.

But before that, gotta catch Pikachu; he must be starving by now, and his special treat is inside my lunch box.

As I made my way toward the daycare center, which I have to pass through the principal's office first. So I began walking past the principal's office when I unintentionally overheard something that made me stop in my tracks.

"Cerulean High, I haven't heard that name in a long time," The principal was engaged in a conversation, either with someone inside his cabin or on the phone.

As soon as I heard the name of that school, my hands shook in horror. Cerulean High; it was the name of my previous school, which harbors some dreadful memories. The mention of it sent a chill down my spine, and my face contorted into a horrified expression.

Curiosity got the best of me. Can't they make his office soundproof? I closed the distance between me and the office, almost sticking my ear to the door.

I know eavesdropping is not a good manner, but when the matter is personal, it doesn't matter. I guess he's talking to someone on the phone, as I can't hear the other person's voice.

"I see, so we are having a transfer student from that school. Can you tell me the details of that student, Mr. Oak?"

Mr. Oak — Professor Oak, the principal of Cerulean High. Why is he trying to transfer a student from his school to make my life hell? Urgh... That old man! Can't he let me live me peace?

"Sounds good. She can join the classes from tomorrow, Professor. Thanks!"

From tomorrow? A girl? Who's she? Can't you read the person's name aloud, or at least tell me the name of the class she is in, so that I can be as far away from that cursed class.

As I was lost in my thoughts, I heard someone's footsteps closing towards the door. Looks like Professor Sycamore is about to open the door. I should get out of here before he finds out I was eavesdropping on him.

I sprinted towards the daycare without looking back, as many thoughts lingered in my mind— she, a girl? Maybe she's not from my class? Maybe she'll not recognise me?.

"Pika, pi!" I heard Pikachu shout, which sounded like a warning. What is he warn—

THUD!

"Argh!" I groaned as I clutched my head in pain. What was that?I looked up to realize I had entered the daycare and crashed with a Rhyhorn, who glanced back at me curiously. Man, that hurts. The daycare is surely taking good care of you!

(_______________________________)

"Ahh... My favorite place!" The tree looked particularly verdant today, making the school park my preferred spot for lunch or when I needed some space. Just seeing nature and all the Pokèmon feels good.

But these couples couldn't hold their love desires, as I spotted some couples sitting far away smooching each other. I know Kalos is known as 'The region of love,' based on their legends, but you can't use the legend and publicly make out.

Just watching them makes me want to puke before I even begin eating. Get a room!

I ignored them as I settled on the other side of the tree, with Pikachu sitting near me, as I opened my lunch box.

"Here, buddy!" I gave Pikachu a rice dumpling, and he took it from my hands. He stared at the dumpling, then at me, expecting something from me. Oh right, his protein.

I checked my pockets and took five sachets of ketchup. I handed them to Pikachu, who gleefully took them out of my hands and emptied a whole sachet, pouring them on his single rice dumpling, some of them spilling on mine.

"Hey, watch where you're pouring that ketchup!" I scolded, rescuing my rice dumpling from Pikachu's ketchup downpour.

"Pika..." He seemed to ignore my warning as he happily devoured his food.

"It looks more like a tomato berry dumpling rather than a rice dumpling," I chuckled as I saw Pikachu's paw covered in ketchup.

After a good 10 mins of filling our stomachs, I lay down, watching some Fletchling chirp happily. Must be great to fly in the vast sky.

I closed my eyes, thinking back to what I'd heard. A student from Cerulean High, a girl – a single girl. Maybe she's new to that school, and the professor doesn't have a seat for her, so he transferred her to this school. But what if she is someone I know, and she recognizes me too? No, no, no, that'd be horrible! She'll spread those horrible rumors here too. Argh... Only when I was living a peaceful life. The only hope is I don't see her, and she doesn't know me. Please Arceus, just don't let the student know I'm here!

Third person Pov:

(As the evening bell rang, signaling the end of the school day)

As the bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, the students hurriedly made their way out of the building, their faces brightening at the prospect of leaving.

In a particular classroom, a raven-haired boy lingered, still packing his things as the others rushed past him.

Ash's Pov:

School can be exhausting, after packing my bags I stretched my arm, "Man I'm beat!"

A sudden smack on the back of my head interrupted my post-school stretch. Grrr... looks like my head's gonna be buffed by bruises.

I turned around, annoyed as I knew who that smack belongs to, and yep I was right, Annoyed, I turned around to find Gary, his mischievous grin intact.

"Now, why did you smack me, Gary?" I asked as I rubbed that part of my head, hopefully I can sleep today without pain.

Gary maintained his cocky smirk and playfully ruffled my hair. "Did it hurt, Ashy boy? How did you manage to outscore me in math?"

"What?" I asked, removing his hands and straightening my hair. "It's not my fault! If you weren't too busy being all lovey-pigdey with your girlfriend, you could've scored those marks too!"

Gary shot back, "Hey, we were just studying together. You don't have to be jealous just because you're flying solo!"

"I'm not!" I growled, as I glared at the boy, why the hell would I be jealous, when I don't need one.

"Pika, pikapi!" Before the argument escalated, Pikachu entered my class, jumping to my desk and sparking his cheeks threateningly at Gary.

Gary backed away; he knew very well how much Pikachu's thunderbolt hurts. So he decided to drop the argument there as he draped an arm around me. "Let's forget what I said, kay? I just came here to inform you that you'll be walking home alone today." He said, as I nodded my head, fully knowing the reason.

Every Monday, Saturday, and Sunday, these lovebirds go on a date. I don't know why, are there any such customs? I shrugged it off. I don't know about love that much; maybe it's a custom. "Sure, have fun with your date."

I wished him, who just grinned and gave a thumbs up, leaving the class, leaving me alone in the room.

"Let's go, buddy!" I exclaimed, as he took his usual spot on my shoulder. It's time to head home.

(As they walked home)

Me and Pikachu held out ice cream cones, licking my favorite chocolate, while he was having his vanilla. I'm sure if there was a ketchup-flavored ice cream, he'd insist I buy the whole truck for him.

As we neared my house, I glanced at the now-occupied neighboring house. The light in the upper room was on
Finally, that creepy had some inhabitants. I can watch my horror shows freely now!

As I walked a couple of steps further, I was standing in front of my house. I was about to enter when Pikachu gave me a call.

"Pika!" I turned to him; he was pointing at my face. Oh right, the specs. I removed the specs; it feels weird on my nose after removing them. Pikachu rubbed his paw on my head, making my hair messier again.

Homie Ash Ketchum is here.

I turned the doorknob, as I declared, "Mom, I'm home."

I can hear some footsteps heading towards me as I see my mom rushing to greet me.

She stood in front of me with a warm smile on her face. "Welcome back, Sweetie."

I returned the smile as mom removed my bag and I kicked off my shoes and entered the home.

As I lounged on the couch, Pikachu nestled beside me, I could hear the familiar sound of sizzling coming from the kitchen. The aroma of my mom's cooking wafted through the air, making my stomach growl in anticipation.

Mom walked over with a plate of freshly made Kalos sandwiches, my favorite. "How was your day, Ash?"

"Pretty normal," I replied, grabbing a sandwich and taking a bite. "Got a perfect score in math. Professor Birch made a big deal out of it in front of the whole class."

Mom chuckled. "That's my genius son. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Mom," I grinned, appreciating the praise. Pikachu, not wanting to miss out, pawed at the plate until I gave him a small piece.

After eating these delicious sandwiches, I headed towards the kitchen and left them in the sink. "That was delicious, Thank you mom!" I complimented her, as she smiled, hearing my compliments.I headed to my room to unwind.

The familiar sight of posters featuring legendary Pokémon adorned my walls. There were some novels which were left unread by me.

I popped into my bed as I turned on my TV, as Pikachu fluffed beside me, I switched through some channels, exploring the various shows airing currently.

As the day rolled on, Pikachu and I got hooked on a movie where the main star was a Pikachu playing detective. Honestly, he practically forced me into watching it with him. Picture this tiny Pikachu sporting a detective hat and a little magnifying glass – it was cute.

We spent a good chunk of time with Pikachu glued to the screen, soaking in the detective Pikachu's antics. Not one to be left out, I decided to join in the fun, attempting to mimic the detective's dramatic expressions and gestures. He rolled on with me, as he played his part.

"Ash, dinner's ready!" Mom's voice cut through our movie marathon, pulling us back to reality.

"Coming!" I yelled back, grabbing the remote to shut off the TV. Pikachu and I left the room, our fun time interrupted but with appetites thoroughly worked up.

(At dinner)

The dining table was set with a variety of dishes prepared by Mom. The aroma filled the air, and Pikachu eagerly hopped onto the table, eyeing the spread of food.

As we sat down to eat, Pikachu claimed a seat next to me, looking expectantly at the plates. Mom chuckled at his enthusiasm and served him a portion before attending to my plate.

Mom, sat in front of us, a warm smile on her face, as I gulped down my rice and curry, enjoying a hearty meal as I engaged in light conversation with Mom between bites.

"Do you know about our new neighbors, Ash?" Mom asked, her eyes curious as I was mid-chew.

I gulped the food and shook my head, "I don't know, Mom! I saw some people shifting there in the morning, that's all."

Mom nodded, calmly eating her food as she shared, "I heard that there is a girl of your age who shifted with her mother."

I nodded, receiving the information, not thinking much, and concentrating on my food. Pikachu, meanwhile, contentedly munched on his portion.

"We should go and say hi to them, what'd you say, Ash?" Mom continued, as she looked at me for my answer.

I shook my head, not really great at greeting people. "You can meet them, Mom. I'm not into it."

My mom wore a little frown as she heard my response. She suggested, "Aw, but I thought you and her daughter could become friends."

Friends? No thanks, I already had my fair share of lessons. There's no way I'm jumping on the opportunity to make more friends.

"Sorry, but I'll have to pass," I shrugged off, completing my dinner before heading to the kitchen to clean the dishes.

I noticed my mom frown, but she didn't say anything. She is well aware  about the incidents from my previous school, and ever since then, I locked myself in the four corners of my room after school, immersing myself in books, TV, or games.

After cleaning my dishes, I wished my mom goodnight and entered my room, Pikachu trailing behind me.

Checking the time, it was only 8:00. With no homework today and no motivation to sleep, I contemplated completing my story quests in the game.

But, those bratty bosses stood in my way, and I needed another player to help clear them. If only Gary played this game too.

Searching through my room for something to do, I noticed a pile of novel books still pending to be read. Seeing no better way to pass the time, I sat down at my study table, conveniently placed near my window.

I prefer reading my novels in open surroundings, so I removed the curtains, observing the lonely streets and the glowing lights of the house in front of me. They must be late-night owls like me.

Pikachu slumped down on my bed, already dozing off in his dream world; he must be tired from playing with his friends in school.

Settling into my chair, I grabbed a novel from the table. It was about a boy trapped in a world of unknown creatures, befriending them to fight off evil. Intrigued, I gave it a try.

After two hours completing the story, it was average. Why does someone always have to die in a tale? Can't they have a happy ending for once!

I closed the book, yawning – bedtime, curtain-closing time! I unwrapped the curtain. Before I could close it, I glanced at my new neighbor.

Honey blonde? I got a glimpse of someone's hair. Honey-colored hair?

It took my lazy brain a moment to process this, but when it did, my eyes widened. I rubbed my eyes before gazing again through my window, but their curtains were closed. I tried hard to peek, squinting my eyes, hoping the color of that hair I saw was just a mistake of my stupid retina.

The curtains didn't rise; they must have gone to sleep. I probably mistook the color; there's no way she's here.

I pulled my curtain and slumped onto my bed beside Pikachu.

She must be enjoying her time in Kanto with her precious boyfriend, who made my life hell while I was there.

Serena, my only best friend back I used to have in Pallet Town.

I met her in a forest, or you can say I accidentally found her in the middle of the forest while chasing a Poliwag.

Flashback:

"Poliwag?" I came out of the bushes, hearing a weeping sound behind the bush, hoping it was the Pokémon I was searching for.

But what I found was a girl of my same age, honey blonde hair, with a pink straw hat, wearing a pink summer dress, her eyes closed shut as she looked away from the bushes, feared of something.

I revealed myself from the bushes, asking in the softest voice possible, "Hey, is something wrong?"

Hearing my voice, she opened her eyes, gazing at mine. Her eyes, filled with tears, showed her qualities – caring, kind, timidity and undeniable beauty.

She watched me as if I were some sort of big Pokémon ready to gulp her down. I held a smile on my face, introducing myself, "Hi, I'm Ash. What are you doing here?"

Slowly snapping out of her daze, she clutched her knee and whimpered, "My knee... It hurts."

My gaze shifted down to her knee, finding a bruise. Being the friendly- nature person I am, I kneeled down and inspected the bruise.

It wasn't a big bruise, but it still looked painful. I removed a handkerchief from my pocket and folded it into a triangle.

I wrapped the kerchief around her wounded knee, then asked her to stand up. She still struggled to get up.

I remembered one of my mom's dramatic lines, which never worked on me, but maybe it'll work on her.

I looked at her, exclaiming in a cheerful tone, "Watch this! Pain, pain go away!" I spelled the stupid line and, to give it a dramatic effect, did some actions with my hands like a magician.

The spell didn't work, neither did I expect it to. Finally, watching the girl struggle, I stood up and extended my hand, grinning goofily, "C'mon, don't give up till it's over."

I don't know where that line came from, but I went with the flow. She reluctantly gave her hand in mine, and as I pulled her up, maybe with a little force, we ended up in some sort of hug.

It felt warm, coming from a stranger. She broke the hug, her cheeks a little pink. I grinned, happy that she stood up. "See, you stood up! C'mon, I'll show you the way to the camp."

Her hands on mine, I guided her back to the camp. I didn't know why, but I felt happy that I found her, maybe because I helped her stand up, or it was something else.

End:

Ash's POV (present):

I shook my head; that meeting place of ours is still my favorite place in my heart. From that day, we got closer, laughed, cried, and faced all sorts of problems together.

Until the painful reality set in – sometimes, the closer you get, the harder it is to part ways.

Huh?...why do my cheeks feel wet? I placed my hands on my cheeks, feeling the dampness. I chuckled as I wiped my eyes, looks like my room needs some cleaning.

I glanced at the clock; it's almost 11.00. The late hour reminded me it was time to let go of the day's thoughts. I should get some rest. I adjusted beside Pikachu and pulled a blanket on us, keeping us warm. With a gentle sigh, I reached out to turn off the night lamp.

"Goodnight world,"

***********************************

Hello,

Welcome to my new book! I'm sorry for not updating my other story, I was just finding some inspiration and some motivation, So I started playing some gacha games and watched some anime, Plus the last month was just the worst.

Anyway, How did you like this chapter, If you liked it then be sure to comment your favourite part and

Quick question:

Do you like this writing format?. I wanted to try this Pov style for a long time, but didn't understand how it works. If you don't feel satisfied. I'll go back to my old writing style. I have no issues there.

I'll meet you all in the next chapter, Goodbye and stay safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 2.6K 31
Serena Yvonne is normal 16 year old high school teen who lives in Vaniville Town and she is kind, happy, beautiful and all those positive things you...
4.8K 163 36
A Special relationship between a Girl and a Boy. An Intelligent and Talented Girl falls in love before she could know. But she is afraid of the outc...
207K 3.1K 40
Amourshipping Story - (AshxSerena) Ash begins his training for the World Coronation Series Tournament. The winner of that tournament gets the honor...
207K 4.2K 76
On the day the Pokémon Academy in the Kanto region receives a new student, normal days soon turn to dangerous ones. Serena Yvonne forever changes the...