The Doctor and The Captain...

By Azkickdipstick

The Captain travels with his lifelong best friend, The Doctor. The First Book follows the ninth Doctor. More

Author's Notes
S1 EP1: Rose Part 1
S1 EP1: Rose Part 2
S1 EP1: Rose Part 3
S1 EP2: The End of the World Part 1
S1 EP2: The End of the World Part 2
S1 EP2: The End of the World Part 3
S1 EP3: The Unquiet Dead Part 1
S1 EP3: The Unquiet Dead Part 2
S1 EP3: The Unquiet Dead Part 3
S1 EP4: Aliens of London Part 1
S1 EP4: Aliens of London Part 3
S1 EP5: World War Three Part 1
S1 EP5: World War Three Part 2
S1 EP 5: World War Three Part 3
S1 EP6: Dalek Part 1
S1 EP6: Dalek Part 2
S1 EP6: Dalek Part 3
S1 EP7: The Long Game Part 1
S1 EP7: The Long Game Part 2
S1 EP7: The Long Game Part 3
S1 EP8: Father's Day Part 1
S1 EP8: Father's Day Part 2
S1 EP8: Father's Day Part 3
S1 EP9: The Empty Child Part 1
S1 EP9: The Empty Child Part 2
S1 EP9: The Empty Child Part 3.
S1 EP10: The Doctor Dances Part 1
S1 EP10: The Doctor Dances Part 2
S1 EP10: The Doctor Dances Part 3
S1 EP11: Boom Town Part 1
S1 EP11: Boom Town Part 2
S1 EP11: Boom Town Part 3
S1 EP12: Bad Wolf Part 1
S1 EP12: Bad Wolf Part 2
S1 EP12: Bad Wolf Part 3
S1 EP13: The Parting of the Ways Part 1
S1 EP13: The Parting of the Ways Part 2
S1 EP13: The Parting of the Ways Part 3
The End?

S1 EP4: Aliens of London Part 2

77 16 2
By Azkickdipstick

The Doctor and Captain make their way outside of the Tyler's flat. Rose swiftly opens the door the Captain had just closed. "And where d'you think you're going?" she asks as the men turn and look back at her.

"Nowhere. It's... just a bit human in there for us." the younger looking man says.

"History just happened. And they're talking about where to buy dodgy top-up cards half-price. We're only off on a wander." the Doctor informs her.

"Right. There's a spaceship on the Thames, and you're just wandering?"

"Nothing to do with us! It's not an invasion. That was a genuine crash-landing." he says.

"Angle of descent, colour of smoke, everything. It was perfect." the Captain adds.

"So?" she shrugs.

"So maybe this is it. First contact. The day mankind officially comes into contact with an alien race. We're not interfering. Cos you've GOT to handle this on your own." he carries on.

"The human race finally grows up! Just this morning, you were all tiny and small and made of clay! Now you can expand!.. You don't need us. Go and celebrate history. Spend some time with your mum." the Doctor says the Captain nods along in agreement.

"Promise you won't disappear." she says once again stopping the men from walking away.

The Doctor turns around and pats himself down trying to find something "Tell you what. Tardis key. About time you had one. See you later." he smiles handing over a set of keys and walking off with the Captain. Rose looks down at the keys and starts smiling before turning and heading back into her flat.

The two men leave the estate looking up toward a group of people celebrating the news of aliens. "Oi, gorgeous, come back and join the party!" a woman shouts. The two men continue walking toward their blue box.

___________

Mickey opens a door that leads to the roof of the estate, to check the state of his trainers. When he looks down towards the ground he spots the two familiar men walking towards the Tardis. "Oh, my God!" he exclaims as he takes the trainers and rushes down the stairs.

___________

The Doctor and Captain rush to the controls of the Tardis and pull a couple of levers down, before the Captain turns a wheel and the Doctor pulls a monitor towards them both, allowing the Tardis to set off.

___________

Mickey rushes out of the complex in time to see the blue box dematerialise "Oi, Doctor! CAPTAIN!" he shouts as he runs towards the disappearing box, he crashes into the corrugated iron shutters of the empty shop behind where the Tardis was parked. He picks himself back up and tries to walk away nonchalantly.

___________

The Doctor rotates another wheel as the Tardis makes a noise neither of the men liked. They rush around the control and flip a few switches before the Doctor pulls out a rubber mallet and gives it a whack and with that the noise subsides. The man looks up smiling after sorting the problem out and gives the mallet a kiss.

___________

Harriet Jones brings a cup of coffee to the Junior Secretary whose sitting at his desk working on his laptop. "I bet no-one's brought you a coffee."

"Thank you." he takes the cup and drinks.

"Pleasure." she says looking at him.

"You still can't go in."

"Damn, you've seen through my cunning plan."

"Look, I'm sorry, it's just impossible." he places the cup back on the desk and stands up walking to another desk for some papers.

"Not even for two minutes? I don't get many chances to walk these corridors, I'm hardly one of the 'babes' just a faithful backbencher. And I know we've had a brave new world land right on our doorstep, and that's wonderful. I think that's... probably wonderful, nevertheless, ordinary life keeps ticking away. I need to enter this paper..." she gets out a folder from her bag. "Oh, Mr Green sir, I know you're busy, but could you put this on the next Cabinet agenda?"

"What is it?"

"Cottage hospitals. I've worked out a system where by cottage hospitals need not be excluded from Centres of Excellence. You see, my mother's in the Flydale Infirmary, that's my constituency, tiny little place, you wouldn't know it - but it's giving me a chance.."

"By all the saints, get some perspective, woman! I'm busy!" he says before walking off being followed by Baines and Charles, as Ganesh collects his jacket leaving the woman in the office. 

She looks down at the folder and looks back at the once previously closed door, which is now open. Looking back to where they have just left she makes sure the coast is clear before sneaking into the room, closing the door and walks over to the red box which she opens and places the paperwork inside. Just as she's about to close the lid of the case she notices what the red file says 'EMERGENCY PROTOCOLS'. She moves the chair back and sits down picking up the folder she opens it and starts reading the papers.

___________

Doctor Sato is looking over her notes when she hears a thumping noise coming from Body Cold Chamber number 5. She slowly gets up from her seat and takes a few steps towards the thumping noise.

___________

The Captain opens the Tardis door and walks out into the cramped storage room, leaving little space for the Doctor to follow suit. They make their way to a door and the Captain pulls out his sonic screwdriver, he turns it on and it makes a loud whirring sound "Shhh!" the Captain whispers to the screwdriver. He then uses it to open the locked door.

___________

More thuds and crashes can be heard as Dr Sato continues to take steps towards the Chamber. The thuds occur more often and are getting quicker as she steps into the archway and carries on further toward the noise.

___________

The Captain and Doctor make their way into a room where they are met with Red Berets, a parachute regiment. They fall silent as they notice the two strange men in the door way. They quickly point their guns on them, the Doctor and Captain just smile as bright lights shine on their faces. Dr Sato screams can be heard in the distance.

"Defence plan delta!" the Doctor shouts.

"Come on, MOVE!" the Captain orders. As the two men rush out of the room swiftly followed by the regiment. They run through the corridors of the hospital. Bursting through the door that leads to the room where Dr Sato is in. The two men notice the Chamber has been opened and look around the room noticing Dr Sato cowering by a desk, having a cut on her head. The Captain kneels down to be on the woman's eye level.

"It's alive." she says.

"Spread out, tell the perimeter it's a lockdown." the Captain says looking up to the soldiers.

"My God. It's still alive." she says as the Captain walks toward the woman.

"Do it!" the Doctor says walking towards the two people on the floor. The regiment rush off locking down the building.

___________

"Mick! Terry! Side rooms! Now!" one of the soldiers commands.

"Clear!"

"Front Clear!"

"Keep it moving!"

"Clear!"

___________

"I swear, it was dead..."  she says looking up at the man in the suit whose holding her hands in a comforting manner.

"Coma, shock, hibernation, anything..." he replies.

"What does it look like?" the Doctor asks crouching down besides the Captain. Before she can answer they hear a metallic clink coming from the other side of the room. "It's still here." he says getting up. He walks backwards keeping an eye on the corner of the room, as the Captain stays near Dr Sato. The Doctor motions to the closest soldier for him to come over, the two men walk quietly as the soldier takes the place of the Captain who gets up and joins the Doctor.

Metal clinks again as the two men duck down and start crawling on the floor, turning a corner they see the supposed alien, which is a pig. "Hello." the Captain smiles. The pig runs away on its hind legs and squeals. "Don't shoot!" he points at the man pointing a gun at the pig.

The two run off after it as it runs into the rest of the regiment. One soldier raises his gun and points it at the pig. He shoots at the pig and it falls to the ground, just as the two men round the corner.

"What did you do that for?" the Captain asks.

"It was scared!" the Doctor shouts. "It was scared." he says as the two crouch down next to the downed pig. The pig releases a soft groan as the Doctor strokes its face.

___________

"I've got the White House phoning me direct because Downing Street won't answer their calls. This is outrageous! We haven't even started the vaccination programme. This is appalling. The nations of the world are watching the United Kingdom." Asquith outside of the meeting room tells Green, Blaine and Charles.

"Well, it HAS all been a bit of a shock." Green responds. Harriet rushes over to a door but it's locked.

"This is the greatest crisis in modern history and you've done nothing." Harriet then rushes off to a cupboard and hides in there as the four people make their way into the meeting room. "Your behaviour's been shameful, sir! You're supposed to be in charge. We need leadership. The capital's ground to a halt. Furthermore, we can only assume the PM's disappearance is the direct result of hostile alien action, and what've you been doing? Nothing!" the General says.

"Sorry... Sorry, ah... I thought I was Prime Minister now."

"Only by default!"

"Oh-h-h, that's not fair! I've been having such fun."

"You think this is fun?"

"It's a hoot, this job." Green laughs.

"Honestly, it's super!" Margaret says.

*PHRRRT*

"Oh! 'Scuse me." Charles apologises *PHRRRT*  "Oh!" *PHRRRT* 

The three continue laughing as Asquith looks on mortified. "What's going on here? Where's the rest of the Cabinet? Why haven't they been airlifted in?" the man asks.

"I cancelled it. They'd only get in the way. Oh, there I go." Green says leaning on the table for support. *PHRRRT! PHRRRT!* 

*PHRRRT-SQUEAK!* "Ooh! And me!" Margaret giggles. "I'M...shaking my booty." *PHRRRT*

"Sir! Under Section 5 of the emergency protocols, it is my duty to relieve you of command. And by God, I'll put this country under martial law if I have to." the General threatens, making the giggling trio stop.

"Ooh, I'm scared! I mean..." Green says walking slowly towards the General. "That's hair-raising. I mean, literally. Look." he raises his hand to his forehead and unzips it, this casts a blue light on their surroundings. The other two start giggling again as the General looks at them terrified, as they unzip their foreheads aswell.

Harriet watches, horrified, through the crack of the door. Watching on she can hear squelchy gurgles and crackles. The man screams and Harriet closes her eyes and turns away from the door holding in her own scream.

___________

At the mortuary the Doctor, Captain and Dr Sato surround the corpse. "I just assumed that's what aliens looked like. But you're saying it's an ordinary pig, from Earth?" she says looking at the pig.

"More like a mermaid. Victorian showmen used to draw the crowds by taking the skull of a cat and gluing it to a fish, then calling it a mermaid." the Captain responds.

"Now someone's taken a pig, opened up its brain, stuck bits on. Then they strapped it in that ship, made it dive-bomb, it must've been terrified. They've taken this animal and turned it into a joke." the Doctor adds.

"So it's a fake, a pretend, like the mermaid. But the technology augmenting its brain, it's like nothing on Earth. It's alien. Aliens are faking aliens? Why would they do that?" she asks turning to look at the two men who have disappeared. "Doctor? Captain?" she puts her clipboard down and walks into the corridor. "Doctor? Captain?" she looks down the corridor where the regiment are guarding, turning when she hears a grinding and groaning noise come from the other way.

___________

"Here's to the Martians!" Jackie raises a glass and toasts.

"The Martians!" everyone apart Rose toasts.

As Mickey enters the flat. He stares at Rose and everyone goes silent. Rose eventually looks over and quickly sits up in the chair.

"I was gonna come and see ya." Rose says.

"Someone owes Mickey an apology." Ru says.

"I'm sorry." Rose looks at him.

"Not you." Ru tells Rose and looks towards Jackie.

"Well, it's not my fault. Be fair, what was I supposed to think?" Jackie walks into the kitchen.

Mickey and Rose walk into the kitchen to talk. "You disappear, who do they turn to? Your boyfriend. Five times I was taken in for questioning. Five times! No evidence. Couldn't be, could there? And then I get HER whispering round the estate, pointing the finger. Stuff through my letterbox and all cos of you." he says.

"I didn't think I'd be gone so long." Rose says.

"And I waited for you, Rose! 12 months, waiting for you and the Doctor and Captain to come back."

"Hold on you knew about the Doctor and Captain? Why didn't you tell me?" Jackie asks. Mickey closes the serving hatch and the door.

"Yeah, why not, Rose? Huh? How could I tell her where you went?" Mickey says.

"Tell me now."

"I might as well, cos you're stuck here. The Doctor and Captain's gone. Just now, that box thing just faded away." he tells Rose who shakes her head.

"What d'you mean?" she asks him.

"They left you. Some boyfriend's they turned out to be." Mickey says, Rose shoves past him and runs out of the flat. Mickey follows her down.

"They wouldn't just go. They promised me." Rose says looking at where the blue box used to stand.

"Aw, they've dumped you, Rose, sailed off into space. How does it feel? Huh? Now you are left behind with the rest of us earthlings. Get used to it!" Mickey says as Jackie joins the two.

"But they would've said."

"What are you two chimps on about? What's going on? What's this the Doctor and Captain done now?" Jackie asks confused.

"Ho, ho, ho. He's vamoosed!" Mickey says.

"They've not! Cos they gave me this." she says showing him a set of keys. "They're not my boyfriend, Mickey, they're better than that. They're much more important. And they.." she stops as she notices the set of keys start glowing in her hand. "I said so." The Tardis starts materialising in front of the three. "Mum! Mum! Go inside! Mum, don't stand there! Go inside, mum! Oh, blimey." Rose tries moving her mother inside but she's too focused watching the blue box appear in front of her eyes.

"How'd you do that, then?" Jackie asks her daughter.

___________

Rose just looks at her and without a word she enters the Tardis. The two men are at the controls looking at the monitor. "All right, so we lied. We went for a look." the Doctor says glancing over his shoulder.

"The whole crash-landing's a fake. We thought so - just too perfect. I mean, hitting Big Ben, come on! So we thought, 'let's go and have a look at the pilot." the Captain adds.

"My mum's here." Rose says looking at the two men, they both turn around hearing this news.

"Oh, just what I need. Don't you dare make this place domestic!" the Doctor says to Rose. Jackie looks around shocked.

"You ruined my life, Doctor, Captain. They thought she was dead. I was a murder suspect because of you." Mickey says.

"You see what I mean? Domestic!"

"I bet you don't even remember my name!"

"Ricky."

"It's Mickey."

"No, it's Ricky." the Doctor says again making the Captain shake his head.

"I think I know my own name!" Mickey says.

"THINK you know it? How stupid are you?" the Doctor replies. Jackie looks up at them and turns around and rushes out.

"Mum, don't! Don't go anywhere. Don't start a fight." she tells the three men, causing the Captain to raise his hands signifying he wasn't planning on doing either. She exits the Tardis "Mum! It's not like that, their not... I'll be up in a minute, hold on!" she shouts to her mum, she enters the Tardis again. "That was a real spaceship?" she asks the two men.

"Yep." the Doctor replies.

"So it's all a pack of lies. What is it then? Are they invading?" she asks as the two men are now looking at the monitor again.

"Funny way to invade, putting the world on red alert." Mickey says glancing over the Doctor to see what they're looking at.

The Captain turns to look at him "Good point. So what're they up to?" he says looking back at the monitor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 834 60
The Doctor and The Warden are the last two time lords in existence. We join them a the beginning of the New Who franchise where their adventure with...
140K 4.5K 27
๐’๐‡๐€๐“๐“๐„๐‘ ๐Œ๐„ | โIf only the clockworks could speak, I wouldn't be so alone. We burn every magnet and spring, and spiral into the unknown.โž ...