Love Live!: SHATTER [PART 9]

By SecondRound

The wall of ice has started to shatter, movements are being made in the entertainment industry, and a miracul... More

PART NINE IS COMING...:
ENTER, QUASAR:
GOLDEN CALF INVESTORS' CALL - PART 1:
GOLDEN CALF INVESTORS' CALL - PART 2
MY GREATEST EMBARRASSMENT:
BEST BOYS:
UNDER FIRE:
CHAOS THEORY:
THE SLUMP:
PHOTO BOOTH:
ICE COLD:
ALMOST HEAVEN:
FOLLOWED:
EGOTISTICAL FAN:
FASHION DISTRICT:
OUR EVOLUTION:
LOWEST OF THE LOW:
SHOWING YU THE STRINGS:
OUT TO EAT:
WAKEY WAKEY - PART 1:
WAKEY WAKEY - PART 2:
WHAT DO YOU WANT?:
RINA'S VISION:
STARTING OVER:
SCARS:
DO YOUR BEST:
48 HOURS LATER:
YOU UNDERSTAND ME:
NOISE COMPLAINT:
DON'T IGNORE HER:
SETSUNA'S BIG DAY - PART 1:
SETSUNA'S BIG DAY - PART 2:
THE SIGNS:
EMERGENCY MEETING - PART 1:
EMERGENCY MEETING - PART 2:
DAY ONE:
BLUE-HAIRED CIRCUIT OF DEATH:
BAKER BREAKER:
A HARD DAY'S WORK:
LEG DAY:

HIGH SCHOOL GAMES CREATOR CONTEST:

222 10 0
By SecondRound

*THE NEXT DAY*

*BALCONY - KOTA CITY APARTMENT BUILDING - ODAIBA - TOKYO*

*Inhale*

*Exhale*

Another beautiful day...

AYUMU: "Good morning."

AKI: "Morning, Ayu."

AYUMU: "Did you sleep well?"

AKI: "After all the work we put into research yesterday, yeah, I slept like a rock.
I'm all set to work hard over these next two days.
Though as a non-gamer, I'm unsure if I'll be of much help..."

AYUMU: "Not this again... I told you before, that's not true. You want to help people achieve their dreams, right?"

AKI: "I do. But obviously there will always be that hint of lingering doubt, especially with what will follow this contest...
But I guess there are some things only I can do to help them. Just so long as I do those things the best I can, I'm sure everything will be okay."

AYUMU: "That's what I like to hear! Don't forget, I'll be right behind you, watching the live stream!"

AKI: "Thank you, that's reassuring."

AYUMU: "Oh, could I bring the food we made for you now? Kasumi and I whipped it up yesterday."

AKI: "Wow, that'd be great! Thanks."

Those girls sure know how to make a man like me feel happy...

...

*FRONT ENTRANCE - NIJIGASAKI HIGH SCHOOL - ODAIBA - TOKYO*

The High School Games Creator Contest is the only thing separating me from beginning my school idol training... When this is all over, it all begins.

I'd like these next two days to last eternity, but I know that's impossible. Because day by day the clock counts down to my impending doom.

All I can hope for is the girls to win at the School Idol Festival, because I don't see myself emerging victorious...

Meaning, I would be parting ways with them, and this whole industry...

I've bitten off more than I can chew, but on Ayu's honor I couldn't let Katsuo get away with what he did.

That's why I want to punish him.

But for now, I want to help these girls accomplish their dreams in any way I can, if the hourglass is running out.

Every second, every grain of sand must become precious to me. Which is why I can't let small shit like what that spectator said bother me.

I've gotta be strong for them.

Most specifically, for Rina and her wish to enter this contest.

AKI: "Good morning, everyone. Let's buckle up for these next two days!"

RINA: "Morning. Yes, I'm glad you're here with us too. Rina-chan Board says, 'Bow'."

SETSUNA: "This is the same old school we go to every day, but something seems different about it today.
It's because, starting today...this is our battlefield!"

MIA: "...That's exactly the kind of imaginative power we'll need to make our game."

SETSUNA: "Well, don't worry, I got this!"

RINA: "All right, let's go."

AKI: "Right behind you, Leader!"

RINA: "...Huh?"

SETSUNA: "Let's go, Leader!"

MIA: "We're counting on you, our Leader!"

RINA: "I-I've got this!"

Even with a board in front of her face, I can tell that she couldn't be more happier right now. I have complete faith in Rina to lead us to victory.

RINA: "Let's push ourselves and work together to win this contest!"

AKI, MIA, SETSUNA: "Yeeeah!"

...

*BROADCASTING ROOM - NIJIGASAKI HIGH SCHOOL - ODAIBA - TOKYO*

RINA: "I'll bring up the official channel. The presenter is explaining the rules to the viewers. They'll announce the game's theme after that."

AKI: "The thought of what it'll be... The anticipation is making my heart race."

SETSUNA: "Wh-Whatever they throw at us, I know we can handle it."

MIA: "I mean, we did go through all the material the other clubs put together for us yesterday."

RINA: "Oh, here's the theme... It's..."

MIA, RINA, SETSUNA: "Dreams!"

AKI: "Well, that's oddly convenient..."

SETSUNA: "Not as convenient as we think. It's how we interpret that word that'll have a huge impact on the kind of game we make."

MIA: "Guys, what's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of dreams?"

AKI: "They're what you see when you go to sleep. What you want to achieve in the future. How you'd like things to go."

That's what anyone would say when posed with that question. But for me, the first thing that comes to mind is our School Idol Club's members.

How I want to make their dreams come true with the time I have left.

MIA: "I guess they're all more or less positive things, right?"

AKI: "The opposite is nightmares, so yeah, more or less."

RINA: "We could create a game that makes you feel as nice as you do in a dream, one where your dreams come true, or something about chasing dreams or finding more dreams to pursue..."

SETSUNA: "...I think I might be living my dream now. I've always loved school idols, and now I am one, shouting my love for it from the rooftops. It certainly feels like I'm in a dream.
And I still have another dream...to take the love I have felt during this time and spread that enthusiasm even further.
I've poured those feelings of love into songs, and into my manga. It'd be wonderful if I could do the same with a game."

MIA: "Same here... It'd be like a dream for me if my songs were to reach so many more people. Can we make something along those lines?"

SETSUNA: "What do you think, Rina?"

MIA: "How about it?"

RINA: "...I don't see why not. We could make something like that. We could make it a rhythm game and have all our songs in it. Making charts for all of them might be a bit tough, though..."

MIA: "Me and Babyboy can handle that."

AKI: "Charts?"

MIA: "You know, the beats that the player will have to tap in time with the music. Like circles or something."

AKI: "Ahh, that makes sense."

RINA: "And I think we should make a story that works with the feelings we're trying to convey in the songs. Can you come up with something for us, Setsuna?"

SETSUNA: "Of course!"

AKI: "Then I guess we're locking in the rhythm game choice?"

MIA: "All right. Let's get listening to all of our songs and break 'em down!"

And so it begins...

RINA: "......"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.8K 2.5K 63
Oikawa, Suga and Akaashi were figure skaters. They all needed that freedom and the feeling of the ice. The feeling was enough to overpower the rude a...
152K 4.7K 61
(UNDER EDITING) where a girl finds herself making friends with gang members this doesn't really follow the plot of the manga/anime slow burn all char...
62.5K 2.9K 200
The battle lines between Nijigasaki and Liella! have been drawn. Thanks to Golden Calf's corruption of the latter, every school idol territory in Tok...
66.7K 2K 18
Ukai forces hinata and tsukishima to get along after so many months of tension and arguments. They are forced to hang out every Saturday, which event...