My Last Letter (2023)

By missarceline

MY LAST LETTER In the 1980s, Jeongguk Jun, tragically loses his fiancée in a train explosion. Dr. Lisa Jung... More

MY LAST LETTER + CAST(S)
🏵️ Prologue : A Fateful Day
🏵️ Chapter One : Resilient Heart
🏵️ Chapter Two : Longing for Home
🏵️ Chapter Three : Rails Of Reunion
🏵️ Chapter Four : Love Across The Miles
🏵️ Chapter Five : Last Bloom
🏵️ Chapter Six : A Long Day Ahead
🏵️ Chapter Eight : Grief
🏵️ Chapter Nine : Homecoming
🏵️ Chapter Ten : The Reunions
🏵️ Chapter Eleven : Dinner Gatherings
🏵️ Chapter Twelve : Breaking Point
🏵️ Chapter Thirteen : Awakening
🏵️ Chapter Fourteen : The Heartstrings
🏵️ Chapter Fifteen : Two Strangers
🏵️ Chapter Sixteen : Second Meeting
🏵️ Chapter Seventeen : One Late Night
🏵️ Chapter Eighteen : Sudden Invitation
🏵️ Chapter Nineteen : Appreciation
🏵️ Chapter Twenty : Julia
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-One : Unspoken Truths
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Two : Long Time No See
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Three : Familial Strains
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Four : Meet Again
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Five : The Riverside
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Six : Strides of Change
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Seven : Connections
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Eight : Parting Ways
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Nine : Bonds
🏵️ Chapter Thirty : Campfire
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-One : About The Past
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Two : Unexpected Turn
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Three : At Last
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Four : Resurfacing
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Five : Promises Kept
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Six : Keepsake Memories
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Seven : Families *NEW*

🏵️ Chapter Seven : Challenges

132 17 0
By missarceline

CHALLENGES

Thursday, February 21th, 1980

Sunlight streamed through the hospital windows as Lisa walked down the hall to her office. Nurse Sana, always on top of things, was there, getting ready for the day.

"Hey, Sana! How's it looking today?" Lisa was greeted with a smile.

"Morning, Dr. Lisa! All set for your patient meetings. We're good to go," Sana replied, returning the smile.

"Nice. Anything important from yesterday's cases?" Lisa asked.

Sana thought for a second. "Smooth day. No big issues. Dr. Kim left a note about a test result in your office."

"Thanks for telling me. I'll check that soon. What's on the agenda for today?" Lisa inquired.

"Regular check-ups and a couple of new patients. Plus, you've got a meeting with Dr. Park later," Sana explained, looking at her clipboard.

"Got it. Let's make today easy-breezy," Lisa said.

"For sure, Dr. Lisa. Anything you need, let me know," Sana assured her.

"Thanks, Sana," Lisa said appreciatively.

After finishing her shift eight hours ago, Lisa decided to hail a taxi to take her to the Lorelei train station.

Once she arrived, she stepped out of the taxi and looked around the station.

The place was calm but still showed signs of destruction.

Lisa walked around, noticing that there were not many people around.

She took the opportunity to search for the bouquet she had left next to Julia's body two days ago.

Luckily, she found it, now placed neatly on a bench. Lisa picked it up and admired its beauty.

Looking around, Lisa saw the destroyed train still sitting there.

It was a sad reminder that she could no longer use the train to get home and had to rely on taxis instead.

With the bouquet in hand, she hailed a taxi to take her home.

🏵️

Jeongguk lay motionless in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), his once crisply pressed uniform replaced by a patient gown, and a bandage wrapped around his head where his marine cap once sat.

He remained unconscious, diagnosed with a coma, his features marred by wounds and injuries.

Suddenly, a figure entered the room, their anxiety palpable as they struggled to hold back tears.

It was none other than Jeongguk's older brother and guardian, Hyun Jun, who had rushed to his side upon receiving the distressing news.

With a heavy heart, Hyun Jun approached Jeongguk's bedside, his eyes welling up as he took in his younger brother's battered appearance.

Gently, he reached out and grasped Jeongguk's hand, his thumb rubbing soothingly against his brother's skin.

Despite his efforts to remain composed, tears threatened to spill from Hyun Jun's eyes as he silently prayed for Jeongguk's recovery.

🏵️

Friday, February 22nd, 1980

The next morning, Lisa felt anxious as she waited.

Today was Emma's surgery, and she hoped it would be successful, praying for the young girl's recovery.

Emma's parents were also anxious, hoping for positive news from Lisa.

Although Lisa wasn't directly involved in pediatric surgery, she provided consultation as a paediatrician in her office.

Dr. Namjoon, a pediatric surgeon led the surgery.

In the surgery room, the atmosphere was tense yet focused as medical professionals prepared for Emma's procedure.

Bright overhead lights illuminated the sterile environment, casting sharp shadows across the room.

The steady hum of equipment filled the air, punctuated by the occasional beep of monitors tracking vital signs.

Dr. Namjoon, with his surgical team, stood poised and ready, their scrubs pristine as they meticulously planned each step of the operation.

Nurses bustled around the room, ensuring that everything was in place for the surgery to proceed smoothly.

Emma lay on the operating table, surrounded by a sea of medical instruments and monitors.

She appeared small and vulnerable amidst the clinical surroundings, her parents anxiously watching from outside.

As the surgery began, the room fell into a tense silence, broken only by the rhythmic sounds of medical equipment and the low murmurs of the surgical team.

Each movement was deliberate and precise, as Dr. Namjoon and his team worked tirelessly to address Emma's condition.

Their dialogue was focused and precise, reflecting the gravity of the situation.

"Scalpel," Dr. Namjoon called out, his voice steady despite the tension in the room.

A nurse swiftly handed him the instrument, and he began the delicate task of making incisions with practised precision.

"Blood pressure dropping," one of the nurses announced, her voice tinged with concern.

Dr Namjoon's brow furrowed as he monitored the monitors closely, adjusting his approach to stabilize Emma's vital signs.

"We need to increase the dosage of the anaesthesia," Dr Namjoon instructed, his tone urgent as he addressed the anesthesiologist.

The team worked quickly to make the necessary adjustments, their movements coordinated and efficient.

As the surgery progressed, the atmosphere in the room grew increasingly tense.

Dr Namjoon's instructions were met with nods of understanding from the surgical team, their focus unwavering despite the mounting challenges.

"Stay focused, everyone," Dr. Namjoon reminded them, his voice a calming presence despite the chaos. "We can do this."

Despite their best efforts, however, the surgery ultimately proved unsuccessful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 921 34
Lisa, a woman who wants to be loved whoever the man. *** Just toxic love you know HAHAHA *** 18+ (I am not gonna remind you but well this full of 18+...
3.2K 226 2
❝Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, conceited or proud. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.❞ 「COMPLE...
158K 8.7K 26
"Just be happy and I'll take care of the rest." "But when it's too late... I'll still come back to you and love you no matter what." - Jungkook. The...
Cheers By colie

Fanfiction

185K 10.1K 52
Cheers to the man who broke my heart. A LISKOOK FANFICTION Copyright © LILIGGUKS All Rights Reserved 2019 Start : 12.29.19 End : 03.22.20