timeless, spencer reid [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ criminal minds -- seasons 3-9 ] Bedelia Davis Series: Timeless I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show... More

cast
001. new members
002. how a team works
003. chili
004. penelope
005. birthright
006. 3rd life
007. damaged
008. elephant's memory
009. in heat
010. lo-fi
011. mayhem
012. the angel maker
013. minimal loss
014. paradise
015. catching out
016. the instincts
017. memoriam
018. masterpiece
019. 52 pickup
020. normal
021. bloodline
022. pleasure is my business
023. demonology
024. omnivore
025. house on fire
026. conflicted
027. a shade of gray
028. amplification
029. to hell... and back
030. nameless, faceless
031. haunted
032. reckoner
033. hopeless
034. cradle to grave
035. the performer
036. 100
037. the slave of duty
038. the uncanny valley
039. risky business
040. mosley lane
041. solitary man
042. a rite of passage
043. ... a thousand words
044. exit wounds
045. the internet is forever
046. our darkest hour
047. the longest night
048. jj
049. remembrance of things past
050. compromising positions
051. devil's night
052. middle man
053. reflection of desire
054. what happens at home...
055. 25 to life
056. corazon
057. sense memory
058. today i do
059. coda
060. valhalla
061. lauren
062. with friends like these...
063. hanley waters
064. the stranger
065. supply and demand
066. it takes a village
067. proof
068. dorado falls
069. painless
070. from childhood's hour
071. epilogue
072. there's no place like home
073. hope
074. self-fulfilling prophecy
075. true genius
076. snake eyes
077. bedelia
078. a family affair
079. i love you, tommy brown
080. foundation
081. heathridge manor
082. the company
083. hit and run
084. the silencer
085. the pact
086. through the looking glass
087. god complex
088. the good earth
089. the apprenticeship
090. the wheels on the bus
091. the lesson
092. perennials
094. time off
095. all that remains
096. carbon copy
097. the gathering
098. restoration
099. #6
100. brothers hotchner
101. the replicator
102. the inspiration
103. the inspired
104. final shot
105. to bear witness
106. route 66
107. in the blood
108. gatekeeper
109. the return
110. the caller
111. baby
112. maternity leave
113. bully
114. the black queen
115. the road home
116. 200
117. mr. & mrs. anderson
118. gabby
119. persuasion
120. rabid
121. blood relations
122. angels
123. demons
124. wedding
book two

093. zugzwang

800 17 8
By maybankwalker

Bedelia sighs when there's a knock on her door.

"Look, Spence--" She stops when she spots the woman with dark hair with the takeout. "Oh. Hi. Sorry, I-I thought you were someone else."

"It's okay." The woman chuckles. 

"Uh... I-I have the money. Give me a minute." Bedelia walks over to her purse.

Her movements slow a bit when she hears the woman walk inside and put the bag of food down.

Bedelia turns around, ducking as the woman swings at her. Bedelia gets up, punching the woman. She rushes for her gun, but the woman grabs her and yanks her back. Bedelia proceeds to dodge each of her hits and gets a few in.

The woman attacks her, the two crashing into the coffee table, breaking it. Bedelia groans in pain and she pushes the woman off of her.

Bedelia struggles to get up, the woman getting up much easier. She grabs a fistful of Bedelia's hair and slams her into a picture frame, it breaking, cutting part of Bedelia's face.

Bedelia groans, headbutting the woman. The two continue to fight and Bedelia swipes her feet out from underneath her.

Bedelia rushes over to where her gun is and she gets it, turning around, only to be hit over the head with a lamp, knocking her out.

+++

Spencer gets to Bedelia's apartment and knocks on the door.

"Delia?" He calls out. "Delia, are you in there? B, come on. I-I don't want to fight. Let me in, please."

Spencer goes for the doorknob, frowning when he finds it unlocked. Bedelia always locks her door.

Spencer slowly pushes the door open, his heart dropping at the mess and all of the broken furniture.

Spencer's breathing picks up a bit, feeling his panic escalate and dread fills him. He scrambles for his phone, calling Bedelia's number. He hears it ringing from inside her room and he goes in.

He looks around, her room being untouched aside from the bed being unmade.

He goes into the bathroom, freezing at the word written in lipstick on the mirror.

ZUGZWANG

Spencer gets his phone, dialing the number.

"Hotch, we have a big problem." Spencer says.

After Hotch hangs up with him, Spencer goes to the dresser and opens the drawer.

"Sorry, B." He mumbles, digging through the drawer. "C'mon, come on. Where are they?" He mumbles.

Spencer digs through each of the drawers, trying to find any of the photos.

He goes over to her nightstand and digs through it, only finding the few things he keeps there. He goes over to the other side of the bed and digs through the nightstand. He finds the photos, some of them still ripped in half. Spencer sighs, looking in the drawer, frowning when he finds a pile of envelopes addressed to his girlfriend.

Spencer grabs one and takes the paper out, reading the letter. His heart breaks at the threatening letter, positive the rest are similar.

"Baby." He whispers, tears stinging his eyes.

+++

Hotch gets to Bedelia's apartment.

"What's going on?" Hotch asks.

"Okay, so-- so a couple of weeks ago, I-I found these pictures of-- of Delia. She had them hidden in her drawer. And-- and I tried to get her to tell you, I tried to tell you, but she was so adamant. I-- I could tell even through the anger that she was really scared and I think it just affected in the wrong way. She just kicked me out and we kept fighting about it."

"Do you know where these photos are now? Or anything else about the stalker?" Hotch asks.

"No." Spencer shakes his head. "No, she-- I couldn't find anything else out. She wouldn't tell me anything. He took her. I know he did. The-- the mess and she never keeps her door unlocked -- never. Not even when she's home. It stays locked."

"And there's this." Spencer leads him to Bedelia's bathroom.

""Zugzwang."" Hotch reads.

"It's a chess term." Spencer says. "It describes the point in a game when a player realizes he'll inevitably be checkmated. He has to decide whether to resign or to play through to the bitter end."

"If this is what's really happening, you might be part of his victimology, too." Hotch says. "You date her, you live with her half the time."

"I know." Spencer quietly says.

+++

"He thinks he'll get away with this, and he might. I have a wealth of knowledge I should be applying to this case. Behavioral patterns of violent stalkers. Tactical recovery strategies. Victim survival odds. But right now I can't focus on anything more than four seconds at a time. Which makes me the dumbest person in the room."

"We don't know if we have a case." Hotch says. "So we'll be working on personal time. This is one of our own. Does anybody want to leave?" He asks and nobody moves. "Good. Let's get to work."

~ ~ ~

"Based on these letters and photos, he seems like a classically possessive stalker." Derek says.

"One who craves validation and recognition." JJ says. ""Why won't you see me?" "Do you think you're better than me?" This comes up again and again."

"So does his suicidal ideation." Blake says. ""When I find you, I'm going to kill you, then myself.""

"Murder/suicide is the ultimate "I love you" to these guys." Rossi says.

"When did the unsub start targeting Bedelia?" Hotch asks.

"She said it's been going for nine months." Spencer says. "My guess is it was some sort of incidental interaction, something she probably wasn't even aware of. That I wasn't aware of."

"That's gonna make the unsub hard to find." Derek says.

"Did you guys go anywhere out of the ordinary nine months ago? Run into anybody?" JJ asks.

Spencer tries to thin, shaking his head.

"Okay, JJ, Derek, go to Bedelia's apartment. See if you can find anything we could've missed. We'll try to work on more here. Do you know anybody who she knows that could know anything?"

"No." Spencer shakes his head. "We're her only friends, her parents are... are out of the picture."

"Okay." Hotch says.

+++

"Okay. So, I found a semi recent ex-boyfriend of our girl." Penelope says. "His name is Jason Wheeler. I sent his address to your phone."

"When did they date?" Hotch asks.

"Uh... for three months about a year ago. It was after her and Reid's breakup. It kind of seems like more of a situationship than a relationship, but... it might be something." Penelope says.

"All right. Let's go." Hotch says.

+++

"Ex-boyfriend. She never mentioned this ex-boyfriend." Spencer says.

"Reid, slow down." Hotch says. "Let us handle it." Spencer nods.

Derek knocks on the door.

"Jason Wheeler. FBI." Derek calls out.

A woman with dark hair opens the door.

"Who?" She asks, looking at his badge.

"We're looking for Jason Wheeler. Do you know where he is?" Rossi asks.

"He's in the back." She says.

"We need to talk to him." Hotch says.

"And who are you?" Derek asks, the four men walking in.

"I'm Diane, his girlfriend." She informs.

"Hey, sweetheart, who is it?" Jason walks out.

"Jason Wheeler, we'd like to--" Spencer stops. He remembers seeing the guy at the restaurant the night he and Bedelia went out on a date.

"I know you." Jason says.

Hotch turns to Spencer.

"Out." He orders. He pushes Spencer out of the apartment. "Out."

"Wait. I need to talk to him, Hotch." Hotch shuts the door.

"Why did he just recognize you?" Hotch asks.

"A couple of weeks ago, the night I found out about the stalker, B and I went out on a date. I saw him at the restaurant. He kept looking over at the table so I kept my eye on him, but he didn't bother us at all, but something still felt off about him. I didn't know about the stalker yet so I-I didn't know to be worried about anything and I didn't wanna freak B out with it."

Spencer tries to go back inside, but Hotch stops him.

"And you're telling me this now?" He asks.

"I didn't know who he was and then a friend of his sat down, so I-I just assumed that I overreacted."

"Reid, if he's the unsub, you're a material witness. You can't be in there. You know that. Stay here." Hotch goes back into the apartment.

Spencer struggles to breathe a bit, taking the best deep breaths he can. He swallows down any tears, going outside.

~ ~ ~

"Excuse me, doctor." Diane walks outside and Spencer turns to her. "Agent Hotchner said he was done with me upstairs." Derek walks out. "Can-- can you tell me what's going on?"

"We'll be in touch, ma'am." Derek tells her. She looks at him. "Thank you." She walks off.

"All right, kid, talk to me." Derek tells Spencer. "I can tell you got something up in your head. What is it?"

"I... when I found out, she-- she got really mad." Spencer says. "We started fighting. And... and we didn't really stop. The-- the last thing we did was fight."

"Hey." Derek puts his hand on his shoulder. "We'll find her -- alive. And when you get her back in your arms again, you'll both make up and be all lovey dovey again."

+++

"I don't get it." Spencer says. "I mean, I see the message, "I'm obliterating you," but we already knew that." Spencer says, holding a photo of him and Bedelia where her face is scratched out.

"No, see, it's not about the message. It's about the medium, what he used to draw on her face." JJ says. "Spence... it's black eyeliner. And-- and the lipstick on the mirror."

"The stalker's a woman." Spencer realizes.

"That's why Bedelia let her into her apartment. She thought what we thought, that her stalker was a man." JJ says.

Spencer runs to Hotch's office.

"Hotch, did you ever identify me to Jason Wheeler's girlfriend?" Spencer asks.

"What?" Hotch asks.

"Did you say my name to her? Did you call me Dr. Reid or Agent Reid?"

"I never mentioned you at all. Why?"

"I think I know who the unsub is."

+++

"What have we got?" Hotch asks.

"Well, she knew we were close, so she came back for the ex." Derek says, standing by the man's body.

"Looks like they had a normal conversation, then she got violent. Except she went for the kill this time." Spencer says.

Derek's phone rings and he puts it on speaker.

"Hey, dollface, what do you got?" He asks.

"An identity that's pure vapor. Diane Huntington is a fake name. So is her address. And all the phone conversations she had with Jason were from a burner phone." Penelope informs.

"All right, keep digging and keep us posted." Hotch says. "We need to rethink the profile, reset everything that we know about Bedelia through the prism of one woman stalking another."

+++

"You know... I couldn't understand it. I really couldn't." Diane says. Bedelia clenches her jaw, glaring at the woman. "But after hunting you for nine months and after stealing your man..."

"Wouldn't call Jason my man." Bedelia mutters.

"I had to stop and say, what's so freakin' special about her?" She presses the gun to Bedelia's neck. "I couldn't see it. Until I saw him."

"Saw who?" Bedelia asks.

"You know who. Him. I want what you two have. I want him." Diane says. Bedelia harshly swallows, knowing nothing better happen to Spencer. "And you're gonna tell me all about him."

"No, I'm not." Bedelia argues.

Diane shoots the gun, the bullet whizzing past Bedelia's head and she flinches.

"It wasn't a request." Diane says.

+++

"Okay, we know the numbers on female stalkers are minimal. Only 10% of all cases are female." JJ says.

"All right, what tops the list of motivators?" Hotch asks.

"Prior sexual intimacy." Derek says.

"Erotomania?" Rossi asks.

"No. Go the other direction. Think female scorned. We slept together. You broke up with me. Now I'll do anything to get back with you." Derek says.

"What's the second most common motivation?" Spencer asks.

"Celebrity stalking." JJ says.

"She's not famous." Blake says.

"But she's a good FBI agent." Spencer says.

"That's a stretch. Celebrity stalkers are usually nonviolent." Rossi says.

"You want to tell that to John Lennon, Rossi?" Spencer asks. "What was it that Mark David Chapman said after he shot him?" He angrily asks, shooting to his feet, and walking to the table a little. ""It was like all of my nobody-ness and all of his somebody-ness collided." Well, Bedelia is a somebody and this bitch is a nobody." He struggles with the swear word for a moment before he's able to say it.

"I'm sorry. I don't know where that came from." Spencer says. "Um, I can't be very helpful right now. I should leave."

"Reid. Reid, yes, you can." Derek argues. "You and Bedelia have been hanging out for years and you spend more time with her than anybody else and your brain lets you recall every word verbatim."

"What's the third reason?" Spencer asks.

"Jealousy. She wants something Bedelia has." JJ says.

"That-- that could be it, too." Spencer mumbles. "There's too much of it and I can't sort through it with any clarity."

"Then pick one of us and we'll go through it with you." Hotch tells him.

"Blake." Spencer quietly decides after a moment.

"Okay." She nods. "Let's get out of here."

+++

"You want to talk here?" Spencer asks, sitting at the table that has the chess board.

"Yep." Blake says.

"You play?"

"Yeah, I know my way around a board, but... that's not the point. I want you to focus here and not on my questions." Blake tells him. "So, let's try this out." She moves a piece. "When you think of Bedelia, what's the first thing that comes to mind?"

"She listens." Spencer says. "Even if she doesn't understand what I'm talking about, she still always listens. Pizza." He weakly smiles.

"Pizza?" Blake asks.

"Yeah. I'm, uh, pretty sure if she could, that'd be the only food she eats. If it wasn't for me winning the debates sometimes, it'd be dinner every night."

"Why would the unsub attack her ex first? Or at all?" Blake asks.

"I don't know, access, maybe." Spencer says.

"Can't get much access if you're exes." Blake points out.

"Can get more than a stranger, though." Spencer says.

"No, something links the two of you in the unsub's mind."

"She wants to destroy anyone Delia had a romantic relationship with?"

"It could be jealousy or revenge. One of the motives is she wants what Bedelia has. Her job, whoever she's in a romantic relationship, something else valuable."

"She wants me." Spencer says. He frowns, feeling his guilt surge. All of this could be happening  because of him.

"Maybe Bedelia got in the way of one of her old relationships?" Blake asks.

"No. No, that-- that's not Delia." Spencer says, shaking his head. "If she wants me, why not come after me? Why go after Delia?"

"She sees how the two of you are with each other. Envies it." Blake says.

+++

"You have had him eating out of the palm of your hand for years." Diane says. "How do you do it?" Bedelia doesn't answer. "Hello?! Agent, are you in there?!"

"Seriously?" Diane asks. "Okay, fine." She shoots the gun, Bedelia flinching as it barely misses her head. "There was a moment when you had him and you knew you had him. What was it?"

"He was ranting about Doctor Who. Something about the a science error in it. Then he got into rambling about quantum mechanics and I made some stupid joke and he laughed. It didn't even make sense, but he laughed."

"That's it." Diane says. She kneels in front of Bedelia. "I finally sees what he sees. He sees you as his equal. That's it, isn't it? I just-- I have to let him see that I'm on your level."

"Nobody is on his level." Bedelia says.

+++

"Her name is Diane Turner. She used to go to Georgetown until she dropped out. She now works at a local junior college. She was a research assistant." Penelope says.

"Did she apply for a Ph. D. there or anything?" JJ asks.

"Yeah. She was one of a bunch of internal applicants that got rejected." Penelope says.

"Dave, you, Reid, and JJ take the residence. Blake and Morgan, take the campus." Hotch says.

"Nine months ago." Spencer mumbles.

"Reid?" Hotch calls.

"Ten months ago. Ten months ago, I-I guest lectured at Georgetown. I-- Bedelia went with me. She-- she was just gonna drive me there, but she stayed. We... we didn't hide the relationship very well, I kissed her. If the unsub wants me... that could be what..." He gulps.

"What was her doctoral thesis about?" Spencer asks.

"It says here, "Spontaneous cells death in suicide patients."" Derek says.

"There's her suicidal ideation again." Blake says.

"Except cells don't behave that way. Why is she so obsessed with it?" Spencer questions.

+++

Diane leads Bedelia to the roof, keeping the gun aimed at her.

"Get up there." Diane orders, nodding to the ledge.

"Why?" Bedelia asks.

"Do it."

Bedelia sighs, carefully getting on the ledge, facing the ground.

"Just kill me if you're going to." Bedelia says.

"I want to see if you'll jump." Diane says. "It's my theory. That when you make a decision to give up that the cells in your body start to die. Can you feel it? Your whole body beginning to decay. It makes it easier to want to kill yourself. Go. Go ahead, prove my theory."

"I can't. That's not how it works." Bedelia says.

Diane growls, yanking Bedelia down and she lands on the ground with a grunt.

~ ~ ~

They search the apartment, it being clear.

"Is this a shrine to her dead parents?" JJ questions, looking at the framed photos and newspaper clippings.

"Her parents committed suicide. That explains her obsession." Spencer says.

"Guys." Rossi points out the camera. "She's watching us."

JJ calls Penelope.

"Garcia?" She calls. "There's a web cam in here. Can you hack the feed?"

~ ~ ~

"The science is sound." Diane says.

"Okay, sure, whatever. Why would I care? Look, you want Reid, right? This has nothing to do with it." Bedelia says, getting up.

"He needs to see me as his equal. I'm a genius!" Diane screams.

"Are you? Do you know what that is?" Bedelia asks.

"I know that I am one." Diane says.

"Yeah, sure, maybe. But you gave up before you could find out. You don't be clarified genius based off one theory that apparently didn't get you very far."

~ ~ ~

"She's spoofing the IP address and she's encrypted the feed." Penelope says.

Spencer grabs a marker and a notebook, starting to write.

"In other words, like Layman's terms, this is gonna take a while." Penelope says.

"What are you doing?" Rossi asks.

"Making a deal." Spencer says.

~ ~ ~

"Get on the ledge." Diane orders. "Now!"

"No. No, if you're gonna kill me, you kill me. But I'm not jumping. Unless you kill me first, I'm living long enough to watch Spencer arrest you." Bedelia sneers.

Diane presses the gun to Bedelia's chest, the woman accepting her fate.

Diane's phone beeps and she takes it out, looking at it.

"Looks like Spencer has another idea." Diane says.

+++

Diane calls her home phone, the cell phone on speaker.

"Hello?" Bedelia lets out a sigh of relief at Spencer's voice.

"It's me." She says.

"Are you okay?" Spencer asks.

"She killed someone I knew."

"Are you okay?" Spencer asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. A concussion, some bruising and scratches... but I'm okay." Bedelia says.

"Can I talk to her?" Spencer asks.

"No. She's listening." Bedelia says.

"Good. Cause I want to see her. I need to see her face to face." Spencer says.

"She has a message she wants me to give you." Bedelia says.

"What is it?"

"The message is, she left you a present. And if you want to find it, it's easy as pie."

"What does that mean? I don't understand what that means?"

"Me neither." Bedelia sighs. "Spencer, it's a trap. If you come here, she's gonna kill you!" She cries out as Diane hits her in the head before hanging up.

Spencer flinches at Bedelia's noise of pain, his heartbeat picking up.

"I need a map of D.C." He states.

+++

"This is Diane Turner's apartment." Spencer says, putting the marker on the map. He puts it on another spot. "This is the nearest cell tower her phone call to me pinged off of, which means this... is the circle that Delia was telling me about."

"What circle?" Hotch asks.

"It was a clue in Diane's message. Finding her would be as easy as pie. Only she wasn't referring to the food, she was referring to..." Spencer writes the first few digits of pi on the board.

"Pi." Penelope turns to the computer.

"Why would Diane give you a clue?" Hotch asks.

"Delia's made a few science and math jokes, now Diane wants me to see her the same way, but brilliant, the smartest girl in the room." Spencer says.

"All right, assuming that Diane has a secondary location, where in the circle would she hold Bedelia?" Hotch asks.

"She'd need a building that would allow for privacy and control, a closed garage for prisoner transfer..."

"There's nothing in Diane's name." Penelope says.

"What about B's name? Or even Jason's?" Hotch asks. "Maybe she forged his signature."

"Nope."

"What about Diane's parents?" Spencer asks.

"Yes. Yes, Diane rented a loft a few blocks away from B's place in her parents' name." Penelope informs.

"Reid." Hotch calls, Spencer walking over to him. "I can't let you be part of this takedown."

"We don't have a choice. If I don't go in there, Bedelia is dead." Spencer says.

"And if you do, you're dead." Hotch says.

Spencer swallows, ignoring how he doesn't see the problem with that. If it meant Bedelia would be safe, he'd do anything.

"Hotch, we've known from the beginning she's on a murder-suicide mission, but we never stopped to ask why she's on that mission." Spencer says. "We know now it's because she wants recognition, the type of recognition she thinks B gets, and I can give her that."

"How?"

"I'm gonna tell her that I love her."

+++

They get outside to where Diane has Bedelia and all get out of the SUVs.

"Hang on." Hotch stops them. "I got a box on the steps."

"That's the gift." Spencer says. He holsters his gun and grabs the box. He slowly opens it before pulling a piece of cloth out.

"What is that, a blindfold?" Derek asks.

"Take your gun and vest off." Diane orders the intercom. "Now come in alone." Spencer takes his vest off.

"Reid." Hotch calls. Spencer gives him his gun before going inside. Spencer walks up the stairs, stopping when Diane walks into the doorway with a gun aimed at him.

"Put it on." She orders.

Spencer puts the blindfold over his eyes, tying it behind his head. Diane walks over and leads him into the room. Bedelia restrains the urge to fight against the zip ties, tensing up at Spencer's presence.

"Can I take the blindfold off?" Spencer asks.

"No." Diane answers. She makes him sit down in the chair a few feet away from Bedelia.

"B?" He asks.

"Hi." She quietly says. Spencer lets out a small exhale at hearing her voice.

"I was hoping you'd figure out my riddle." Diane smiles. "I-I mean, I knew you would." She slips her hand down his shirt making Bedelia clench her jaw. "The fun was just how fast you'd do it. All this and brains, too."

"It took me a long time. To be honest, I was distracted by your thesis." Spencer says.

Diane steps away from him, moving to his side.

"You read my thesis?" Diane asks.

"I did. You know, I think your writing puts you on the same plane as Jonas Salk." Spencer says. "I've already sent it to the NIH."

Diane makes noise of protest.

"Flattery is not gonna get you out of this." She says, moving to stand in front of him. "I know what's waiting for me outside."

"I've arranged for your freedom."

"The federal government doesn't make deals with people like me."

"Not true. Nazi scientists were recruited for the Manhattan Project. Mafia bosses are regularly put into witness protection. If what you have is valuable enough, the federal government will work with you. And what you have is very valuable."

"And what do I have, doctor?" Diane asks, pressing the gun to his neck.

"You have a brain that doesn't play by normal societal rules." Spencer says. "And I know that all your life the people you care about the most keep leaving. There's a part of you that thinks it's because of that brain." 

Diane lowers the gun.

"Well, I'm here because I'm not going to leave you. I'm here because... I just hope that I get the chance."

"Chance at what?"

"To be with you. Me for her. That was the deal, right?"

"You're choosing me over her?" Diane asks.

Spencer tries to keep the act up, trying to reassure himself that Bedelia knows he's just trying to get them out of this. Or at least get her out of this.

"Diane, how could it be anyone else?" Spencer asks.

"Prove it." Diane says.

"All right. How?" Spencer asks.

"Say it again. This time, say it to her face." Diane steps behind him and takes the blindfold off.

Spencer lets out a breath, seeing minimal injury on her. His heart breaks at the fear in her eyes, Spencer sure his mirror them. He sadly smiles at her, his eyes boring into hers.

"I don't love you. Sorry." Spencer says, his heart breaking at ever saying those words to her face.

"I get it." Bedelia quietly says, it hurting all the same even if she knows he's lying.

"I don't need her anymore." Diane says, walking over to Bedelia.

"Kill her and she won't have to live with the fact that you're smarter. That you're prettier... that I didn't choose her." Spencer says. He gulps before saying his next words, "Let her live with her irrelevancy." His heart crumbles at having to speak about or to Bedelia in any negative way.

Diane smiles, turning to Bedelia. She lowers the gun and undoes one of the zip ties. Bedelia keeps her eyes on her as she starts to undo the other zip tie herself. Spencer relaxes a little, knowing she's one step closer to being safe.

Diane stands up, aiming the gun at Bedelia's head making her stop.

"I just want her to see one more thing." Diane says.

Diane walks over to Spencer and kneels in front of him. She kisses him, Spencer doing his best to kiss back.

Bedelia grimaces, looking away from them.

Diane pulls away after a few seconds.

"Liar." She stands up, aiming the gun at him. "Liar!" Spencer grabs her arm, forcing it up and she pulls the trigger in the process. Bedelia quickly gets the other zip tie off her wrist and gets up.

The other two are still wrestling for the gun and it goes off, shooting Spencer in the arm, and he crashes to the floor, grunting in pain.

Diane rushes to Bedelia, grabbing her and aiming the gun at her neck.

The team rush in, guns pointed at Diane.

"Stay back! Stay back! Stay back!" Spencer pleads, getting up.

"Spencer." Bedelia whimpers.

"Stay back, stay back!" Spencer begs. "Diane, Diane, there's still a way out of this." He tells her.

"You never wanted me." She says. "Never! You lied!"

"I didn't. Diane, I offered you a deal and you can still take it. Me for her. Let me take her place." Spencer says.

Bedelia shakes her head as much as she can.

"You would do that?"

"Yes."

"You would kill yourself for her?"

"Yes."

Bedelia gives him a look and it takes Spencer a moment to get it, his face dropping when he does. He starts to shake his head, but Bedelia barely notices.

Bedelia elbows Diane in the stomach and then grabs her arm, wrestling for the gun. Diane pulls the trigger, shooting Bedelia in the chest, the brunette crashing to the floor.

"No!" Spencer screams. He drops to his knees, putting Bedelia's head on his lap, pressing on her wound making her wince.

Diane shoots herself in the head, falling to the floor.

The team jump into action, Blake making sure Diane's dead and taking the gun away.

"B? Hey." Derek calls. "Hey, sweetheart, we're gonna get you to a hospital, all right?" He presses firmly on her wound making Spencer move his hands away.

"We need medics. Now!" Hotch says into the radio.

"Delia?" Spencer sniffles. "Hey. Hey, baby." He cups her face with his blood stained hands, keeping her head facing him. "Don't fall asleep. Please. Don't fall asleep, baby. Delia."

"I'm sorry." She barely manages to get out.

"No. No, you're okay. It's okay. Just stay awake. Please." Spencer sobs.

Bedelia lets out a small hum, her eyes slowly closing.

"No. No, no, Delia. Delia!" He gently shakes her head. Spencer sobs, his tears falling into Bedelia's hair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1K 22
[ criminal minds -- seasons 1-? ] Danielle Reid Series: Safe Inside I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ONLY o...
10.5K 195 24
Oneshots of your favorite Criminal Minds characters!
12.2K 441 39
[ criminal minds -- seasons 10-15 ] Bedelia Reid (nee Davis) Series: Timeless The Great War I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show's characters...
105K 3.2K 82
[ criminal minds -- seasons 11-15 ] Madelyn Banks Series: How to Save a Life Surrender Start a Riot I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show's ch...