timeless, spencer reid [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ criminal minds -- seasons 3-9 ] Bedelia Davis Series: Timeless I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show... More

cast
001. new members
002. how a team works
003. chili
004. penelope
005. birthright
006. 3rd life
007. damaged
008. elephant's memory
009. in heat
010. lo-fi
011. mayhem
012. the angel maker
013. minimal loss
014. paradise
015. catching out
016. the instincts
017. memoriam
018. masterpiece
019. 52 pickup
020. normal
021. bloodline
022. pleasure is my business
023. demonology
024. omnivore
025. house on fire
026. conflicted
027. a shade of gray
028. amplification
029. to hell... and back
030. nameless, faceless
031. haunted
032. reckoner
033. hopeless
034. cradle to grave
035. the performer
036. 100
037. the slave of duty
038. the uncanny valley
039. risky business
040. mosley lane
041. solitary man
042. a rite of passage
043. ... a thousand words
044. exit wounds
045. the internet is forever
046. our darkest hour
047. the longest night
048. jj
049. remembrance of things past
050. compromising positions
051. devil's night
052. middle man
053. reflection of desire
054. what happens at home...
055. 25 to life
056. corazon
057. sense memory
058. today i do
059. coda
060. valhalla
061. lauren
062. with friends like these...
063. hanley waters
064. the stranger
065. supply and demand
066. it takes a village
067. proof
068. dorado falls
069. painless
070. from childhood's hour
071. epilogue
072. there's no place like home
073. hope
074. self-fulfilling prophecy
075. true genius
076. snake eyes
077. bedelia
078. a family affair
079. i love you, tommy brown
080. foundation
081. heathridge manor
082. the company
083. hit and run
084. the silencer
085. the pact
086. through the looking glass
087. god complex
088. the good earth
089. the apprenticeship
090. the wheels on the bus
091. the lesson
093. zugzwang
094. time off
095. all that remains
096. carbon copy
097. the gathering
098. restoration
099. #6
100. brothers hotchner
101. the replicator
102. the inspiration
103. the inspired
104. final shot
105. to bear witness
106. route 66
107. in the blood
108. gatekeeper
109. the return
110. the caller
111. baby
112. maternity leave
113. bully
114. the black queen
115. the road home
116. 200
117. mr. & mrs. anderson
118. gabby
119. persuasion
120. rabid
121. blood relations
122. angels
123. demons
124. wedding
book two

092. perennials

424 13 2
By maybankwalker

Spencer stands up when Bedelia walks into the bullpen. She immediately goes to her desk, putting her stuff down and he walks over.

"Delia--"

"You are not doing anything. I'm not doing anything." Bedelia hisses.

"We have to tell somebody. Tell Hotch." Spencer hisses.

"No." She quietly growls. "Nobody finds out anything. I can handle it on my own."

"Why are you doing this? You know how this stuff can end. You know what could happen."

"I have a gun. I protect myself."

"That doesn't make it any better!" He hisses.

"Hey." Derek walks over. "You two okay?"

"Yeah. We're fine." Bedelia forcibly smiles, looking up at her boyfriend. "Right, Spence?" Spencer sighs, staring at her, not able to miss the buried fear in her eyes, but also the pleading look and anger.

"We're fine." Spencer mumbles.

"Little lover's spat?" Derek prods.

"He didn't buy more coffee. We're a little hungry for caffeine. That's it." Bedelia says.

"Right." Derek mumbles, giving them a weird look.

+++

"What have we got?" Rossi asks.

"Nothing good." Penelope says. "Okay, anyone who's wandered through a museum in Italy knows that a chisel and a hammer in the right hands can be a beautiful thing. But Michelangelo this is not, my friends. Okay. Floressa, AKA Nina Skinner, was found yesterday, murdered on the grounds of Church of the First Dawn, in Alabama."

"Two days earlier, 100 miles away, Charlie Clayton was taken from his home in Gulfport, Mississippi, he was brought to the woods, he was also murdered. Chisels to the brain. And a lot of creepy crawlers."

"Forensics?" Derek asks.

"Mm-hmm. Neither crime scene yielded much results because of too many bugs and critters." Penelope says.

"The choice and placement of the chisel is very specific." Hotch says.

"Maybe the unsub symbolically is destroying the thoughts and memories of the victims." Rossi says.

"It looks like they were facedown when the chisel went in. Remorse?" Derek asks.

"Could be the killer knew the victims, didn't want to see their faces when he was killing them." JJ says.

"Was there a connection between Clayton and Floressa?" Spencer asks.

"Nothing's been found yet." Penelope says.

"So right now, method of execution and regional proximity are the only two things linking them." Rossi says.

"Could be a spree killer on the move." Blake suggests.

"A spree killer who's careful and meticulous and covers his tracks." JJ says.

"We've bot a mobile unsub with a significant head start. We can't afford to be playing catch up." Hotch says.

+++

Derek and Bedelia wait by the fence while Rossi talks to the woman. They watch the woman goes inside and Rossi walks down the pathway. Derek opens the gate for Rossi who walks out.

"Uh, let me guess. She don't know nothin' about nothin'." Derek says, snapping his fingers, and Bedelia chuckles.

"Practically a direct quote." Rossi says. "How did you know that?"

"Oh, it's a busy enough street." Derek says. "Broad daylight. House is fully exposed. Either this unsub is really, really good, or this is the worst neighborhood watch program."

Rossi starts to walk across the street to another house where a guy is sitting on a couch outside. Derek and Bedelia follow him.

~ ~ ~

"I already told the regular police I didn't see anything." The guy says.

"Well, that's a shame." Rossi says. "Oh, by the way, we couldn't help but notice all of these, uh, empty jars."

"I find 'em in the garbage cans and turn 'em in for money." The guy says.

"Sanitized?" Rossi asks.

"Huh?" The guy asks.

"My third wife, she always said I was part bloodhound. All of those jars, they smell of... disinfectant." Rossi says.

"We can vouch for the bloodhound part." Derek says, pointing between him and Bedelia who nods.

"He sniffed out your mailbox. Converted whiskey jars hold their scent." Bedelia says.

"As do converted moonshine jars." Rossi says.

"Only thing is, making moonshine is against the law, so maybe our friend's nose here is wrong this time." Derek says.

"Well, a weird guy came over when I was out front and started talking to me, that's all." The guy says. "Asked about Charlie."

"Asking what?" Derek asks.

"Just wanted to make sure that is where he lived." The guy says. "Kept calling him Taylor, though."

"Taylor?" Rossi asks. "So maybe Charlie wasn't who he was looking for."

"Oh, it was. This guy described Charlie to a T." The guy says.

"The guy you talked to, you remember what he looked like?" Derek asks.

"Sure. You might have the nose, but I got the eyes. In my line of work, you'd best not forget a face." The guy says.

"Put on another shirt. We're going for a ride." Rossi tells him.

+++

"The rest of the team should be here within the hour. Sheriff Mitchell, Agents Rossi and Davis." Derek informs.

"We're getting you folks set up over at the county sheriff's office." Mitchell says.

"Thank you." Rossi tells him. "You the one that found her?" He asks another cop.

"Yes, sir. I was making my rounds about 4:00 in the morning. I've never seen anything like it. The blood. Bugs all over the place." The cop says.

"Doors and windows open when you discovered the body?" Derek asks.

"No, sir. I checked." The cop says.

"Found this in the car." Rossi holds something up.

"Bite marks." Derek says.

"The co-worker's ready for you." Mitchell says.

+++

"Yeah, that's him." The woman nods, looking at the sketch. "Do you know who he is?"

"No, not yet." Rossi answers.

"There was a cut on his jaw, though." She says. "He had a bandage, but it was bloody. Fresh blood, like it had just happened."

"When he left, did he get into a car or..." Derek asks.

"I didn't see him go. I just thought he was like, you know, a homeless guy or something, he wanted free food." She says.

"He asked for food?" Bedelia asks.

"Yeah. He said it was his birthday." She says, nodding her head in a direction. The three look to see the sign that advertises free dessert if it's your birthday. "He got really weird and intense when Brianna asked him for his ID."

"How so?" Derek asks.

"Well, he went on and on about how nobody would ever lie about the day they were born." She says. "I mean, Brianna gave him the pie anyway."

"Did this man at any point refer to Brianna by another name?" Bedelia asks.

"Yeah. I completely forgot about that. He called her Carol."

"Okay. Well, we appreciate all, Miss Carson. If you can remember anything else, please, give us a call." Rossi tells her, giving her his card.

+++

"Do you have any idea how many people are born on earth every day?" Penelope asks.

"358,197 approximately." Spencer informs.

"I did not like the answer to that question." Penelope says. "My point -- even if narrowed way, way down, none of these fit the profile of our unsub. If December 11th really is his birthday, he's kept his nose clean so far."

"The unsub told Brianna that there was no more important day in one's life than the day you were born. It has to somehow be part of his methodology." Bedelia says.

"How about the birthdays of Russell Smith's earlier victims, the 8 prostitutes?" Blake asks.

"You could be right. Anniversary kills. Selecting victims who share the same birthdays as those who went before." Spencer says.

"What is it, Hotch?" Blake asks.

"The new wound on the unsub's jaw -- it wasn't there when he spoke to the neighbor in Gulfport, and there's no evidence that any of the victims put up resistance." Hotch says.

"Well, it could be an accident. Accidents do happen." JJ says.

"Or it was an interim victim we don't know about yet who did fight back." Spencer says.

"Garcia, can you find a file photo of Russell Smith?" Hotch asks.

"Yeah." She says. "Uh oh. I'm sending these pictures to your monitors right now." They watch the mugshots load on the screen.

"Our unsub's wound was self inflicted." Spencer says.

"He's not trying to emulate Russell Smith." Blake says.

"He's trying to turn himself into Russell Smith." Hotch says.

+++

They walk into the round table room where Rossi and Hotch are.

"Yesterday while we were in Florida, a body was found in the dessert outside Las Cruces, New Mexico." Hotch informs.

"A man had his leg amputated and replaced with the leg of someone else." Rossi says.

"And, as you know, last month a body was found in Dallas with its mouth sewn shut, like The Silencer." Hotch says.

"What looked then to be a possible one time copycat now has to be examined in a different light." Rossi says.

"Someone's out there mimicking the crimes we've solved." Derek says.

"That's how it looks." Rossi says.

"This is now an active case. Which we'll be investigating along with our other cases." Hotch says.

+++

Bedelia opens her door after hearing the knock.

"What?" She huffs, putting her hand on her hip.

"We need to tell them, Bedelia." Spencer says.

"No, we don't. I'm not going to. And if you do, I will lose my shit." Bedelia says.

"Delia--"

"No, Reid." She cuts him. "It's not happening. I mean it." She shuts the door, locking it.

"Delia!" He calls out, but she ignores him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 195 24
Oneshots of your favorite Criminal Minds characters!
16.9K 245 22
When JJ is kidnapped and Emily comes back to help, and unbreakable bond forms. Will they get their happily ever after or will they fall apart? TW: ra...
120K 2.7K 19
After joining the BAU and becoming close friends with JJ, Y/N finds herself falling for her closest and best friend, all while trying to deal with a...
25.3K 718 30
[ criminal minds -- seasons 12-15 ] Molly Wheeler Series: Willow I DO NOT own Criminal minds, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ONLY own...