That time I failed as an Auth...

Bởi elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... Xem Thêm

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 28: Far away to another continent

922 52 13
Bởi elite3532

3rd Pov

A cold atmosphere covering the room, Helios closed his eyes tight as he could sense the bloodlust pouring onto him.

Right in front of him, Dawn held his sword tight...all kindness or pity left his eyes as he slashed his sword down.

But as his blade reached the neck of his victim...he felt something was wrong.

Dawn : Huh ? (This feeling...)

His eyes glowed as he activated Reader...everything was blurry as if nothing around him was real.

This was when something clicked in his mind...he has been using Story's domain for a while now yet he didn't feel exhausted from it.

When he was turned into a loli, it was merely an illusion...

Dawn : An illusion...

Helios : Pffhahaha ! So you finally noticed it !

Everything became clear, the illusion dissipated...the previously young boy Helios turned into a middle aged man...

The ground changed and Dawn found himself immobilized in stone...they surrounded his arm and body along the swinging blade.

Dawn : So I was deceived from the start, huh...(2 unique skills, huh...)

Illusion based skill...this was a major weakness to Dawn's read...because separating truth from fake is something hard to do.

It's like having a story and a fanfiction of it...after some point you start mixing up information.

Helios : For a hero, you sure aren't the smartest.

Dawn : (I can't use my skill, huh...well it seems he changed the rule of this floor...no skill allowed.)

It seems he had to use his Illusion to buy time until that rule was set...

Dawn : (This is bad...i can't feel my arms either and Read is barely taking effect...wait ! Who can I still use?)

This wasn't something he should think about now but it seemed that unique skill : Reader was somehow less affected by the dungeon's rule.

Helios : Anyway, i can't risk keeping you here longer, also what kind of monster is that Elf ?! She is literally destroyed by the final boss and isn't affected by my skill : Illusion at all !

Dawn : (Well this was to be expected from a divine ancestor, still how much of what we saw was real and fake ?)

It seemed Silvia was doing well...thought it was impossible for her to struggle at this level.

Dawn : (Wait...did he say she destroyed the boss ? Then...)

As a revelation came to him, a large magic circle glowed below him...from the symbol written and the formation of the circle in itself.

Dawn : A seal ? No a teleportation spell ?

Helios : Consider yourself lucky, I have no mana left to kill you so I'll just send you away.

Dawn : Heh, I guess you used all of it to create the new floors ?

Helios : You even saw that...you really look like a hero now, anyway bye bye.

As he waved his hand, the circle glowed bigger, Dawn clicked his tongue...his thirst to kill this guy just increased.

Dawn : Mark these words, I'll kill for sure.

Helios : Hehe, don't act as if i'm the villain here, you were about to kill a chil-

His words were cut off as a large explosion occurred right past the room entrance...an ominous aura coming from it.

Helios : What ?!

Dawn : So they are finally here, huh.

Smirking, Dawn turned toward the entrance...through the smoke caused by the explosion earlier, two figures appeared.

Silvia led the way while Ria stood closely behind...in the hand of the former empress, she held a big chunk of metal...

Helios : How did they find the entrance ?!

Dawn : Oh ! That's on me, I made a hole in the dungeon to open a path to this floor.

Helios : You did what ?!

Dawn : Heh, I guess it's too late for me...

His smirk widening, the circle below glowed even brighter...it was already too late to try to disarm it.

Dawn : Ria ! Silvia-san ! Make sure to kill this guy !

As he shouted, he could see the face of realization on Ria's face as the teleportation spell took him out.

A last scream resonated in his ears as Ria tried to reach for him.

Ria : Dawn !

Silvia : Stop right there.

Before she could take further steps, Silvia stopped the girl...Dawn was already gone and the room was full of traps.

Surely for normal people or even advanced adventurers, this would have worked but Silvia is on another level.

Silvia : We can search for Dawn later, for now calm down he was just teleported away.

Ria : H-hai...

Though asking to calm down and calming down was two different stories, Ria was trying to calm down but her expression showed pure rage.

She glared toward Helios as a dark aura formed around her...

Silvia : So you are the one responsible for this dungeon ?

Helios : Indeed (Shit, this elf is a monster...if this continues and my mana runs out, I'll be locked here with those two...this is bad!)

Silvia : Just in case, where did you send that human ?

Helios : Oh that, I don't know ! I used an item i stole from that elven country but didn't know how it work so-

His words were once again cut off as Silvia released a large amount of bloodlust.

Silvia : So...it was you who stole from me...

It seems while she was away doing whatever she was doing, someone sneaked into her storage room and stole a few devices and research toys she had made...

So the culprit was right in front of her.

Silvia : Heh, I guess I'm going to kill you for real now.

Her hand clenching into a fist, yellow sparks flashed around her destroying one by one the illusion traps...

Helios : Hiii ! What the hell ! This amount of mana is totally a cheat code !

Silvia : I don't really understand your words...not that I care but you see I actually grew quite fond of that boy Dawn, he was interesting to say the least, I really need to kill you now.

Crackling her hand and wrist, Silvia showed such a scary expression that even Ria backed down.

Ria : (S-she scary...thought it doesn't seem like Dawn is dead, so he was teleported away ? But then with Transfer rewrite he should already be back...was he injured?)

With that Helios doom was signed...by the very hand of the former elven empress Silvia El Ru Sarion.

On the other side, in the Human nations...Luna was currently sitting on top of Charybdis corpse...they had just finished him and were now collecting his body for later use.

Luna : So we lost around 70 thousand mens, huh...more than expected.

The orc lord wasn't much of a deal but Charybdis was a foe comparable to a demon lord...it was a flying beast with dozens of Megalodon.

It was a pure nightmare for the humans alliance to take down...as they had no real way to affect him and bypass his regeneration.

It was mainly done with Luna and Snowie's assault.

Snowie : So what are you planning now ?

Luna : Can't read my mind anymore ?

Snowie : ...i was never able to, it's just before we met master Dawn again, you were easy to read...now i feel like staring at a complete stranger.

Luna : Heh, are you trying to be my friend now ?

Snowie didn't answer, the sun was setting down...Dusk was prefalling.

Luna : Don't worry Snowie, you want to serve Dawn again, I want to meet him again...we have a common goal, just follow me from now on and it will be a matter of years.

Snowie : You sure have changed...no perhaps this is your true nature ?

Both women exchanged cold gaze...at the same time something ran through Snowie's spine...something unimaginable for her an ice spirit.

She felt a freezing sensation as if the door of death opened...looking up at the sky, she wondered...

Snowie : (Huh...this feeling, it's like two important things just met...)

Dawn Pov

Shit...he got me hard on this one...anyway where am I ? It's all dark...am I in a cave ? No, I can't move and this coldness...

Snow ? So I'm under snow, huh...dammit, for now let's calm down...the teleportation drained a lot of my strength...

But at least...i know for sure i'm not in this damn dungeon anymore with those twisted loli rules !

Dawn : Fuck this...[Read].

Closing my eyes, I scanned around...it seemed I was at least 50 meters under the surface...everything above me is snow and a few dozen meters below me are ice...

I'm scared to understand...the way this ground is constituted reminds me strangely of a certain place.

Dawn ; Anyway, I'm lucky this is just snow...[Fire Storm].

Channeling magicule around me, I couldn't properly form a true storm but just enough to melt the snow above me...

I should make a hole to the surface in a few minutes with that.

Dawn : It doesn't seem like Transfer rewrite work...it seems the teleportation messed with my skill...or am I just too far away from the point set ?

Anyway, I just waited...it was no use to trouble my mind with that for now...I need to rest, who knows what I'm going to find on the surface.

Thus several minutes passed and finally, I got out of this...standing on my two feets...my skin paled at the sight in front of me.

Dawn : Haha...I'm screwed, the ice continent...

???: Ara~why is a human here ?

Dawn : (Why me...is this my unfortunate day?)

turning around, the white ice empress...Strongest true dragon alive and frozen beauty Velzard...

3rd Pov

As Velzard stared down upon Dawn, she found herself curious...there were several cases of humans trying to invade the ice continent but none of them survived past 3 minutes in this infernal cold.

Yet this human was there...not only that but he had a pretty cold aura...

Velzard : Favorized by a spirit of light, huh...also what is that ? I feel like there is a connection between us.

Narrowing her eyes, Dawn was panicking internally...Velzard didn't release her aura yet her presence alone made his body shake.

It wasn't like when he met Ruminas...Velzard's presence was a total harmony...yet you could feel her dragon essence behind.

Dawn : (A connection ? Should i use read on her ? But what if she feel it ? Velzard is by far the worst opponent I could get...)

Velzard : Well you are still an intruder, so I guess I should kill you ?

Putting a finger on her chin, Velzard let out a sweet smile as shards of ice rose from the ground, Dawn clicked his tongue and quickly dodged.

Rolling in the snow, he felt another wave coming from his left...

Dawn : No...above and below too !

Jumping another from behind...his only option was to dodge forward but then he will have to face Velzard directly.

Dawn : Shit !

Unsheathing his sword, he turned around and parred the wave from behind...this was the one who emanated the most danger.

Dawn : (I don't have much option...) [unachieved Rewrite].

The target was himself...right now all his reserves are low...but you can also think as if this was a game...the mana gauge was in the red.

By breaking into the code and rewriting the game you can refill the gauge...but it's not simply changing the code here...

It's literally altering the reality and fate of one person.

Dawn : !!!

Blood spurting from his mouth and brain information overload...to use rewrite, the first step is for Dawn to read through the information of what he wants to rewrite.

Generating and giving himself magicule isn't something he could do yet.

Velzard : How foolish, it seems you are going to die on your own.

Falling on his knee as Velzard's attack was approaching, he held his heart tight.

Dawn : (Sorry Dusk but could...)

Dusk : (I understand master, i'll enter sleep mode for now, please be careful.)

Closing his eyes, all the pain slowly vanished as Dawn got up...

Velzard : Oh ? (Interestingly, he gave all the burden set on his body and mind to that spirit dwelling inside him, poor spirit.)

She was kind of amused by this man's trick, now she was curious about how he will deal with her attacks.

Dawn : (Story's domain will be too much for now, there are a total 5 directed attacks...ice shards, from the way they look I won't be able to cut through them...)

He can't rely on magic either...since fighting Velzard in a match of ice is asking for death...his fire isn't that strong either.

Dawn : Then I'll just have to cut them all down at the same time with [Achieved Rewrite].

Focusing himself, this was the most he could do...

Velzard : Heh, I guess he is interesting after all.

Chuckling to herself, she decided to just stay on standby and watch the situation unfold.

As for Dawn, he waited, focusing his attention and senses...there are 5 attacks coming from different directions...he has to stop them at the same time or it will cost his life...

Dawn : (I haven't felt this rush of adrenaline...this feeling of near death in a while.)

It was normal...he stayed in the human nation and Ramiris territory for 20 years.

There the best he fought was monsters...he avoided the demon lords and other strong beings until he could at least face them.

Thus he had always got an overwhelming difference in power...between him and his enemy.

Dawn : (Just focus, you can't die here yet...)

Taking a deep breath, it was time...lifting his arm the black blade swung in the air as different kind of spark emanated from it.

In the split of a second, the five different offensives were stopped...or at least were blocked, Dawn still had to completely stop them.

At the moment, he was getting pushed back by the force of these shards...even with Achieved rewrite, he couldn't delete them.

Dawn : (What kind of absurd shit is that ?! One of strongest skills is inefficient against simple ice shards!)

Struggling, the effect of Achieved Rewrite was continuous...a battle of endurance, will Dawn fall before his rewrite would take proper effect ?

The answer was clear tho...the story couldn't end here right...

Dawn : Fuck...

His arm's strength leaving, it was too much...a true dragon's basic attack, closing his eyes slowly...

Each shard piercing his body as blood squirted everywhere...he stood still life slowly ripping away.

Dawn : (It's so cold...)

Velzard : So that's the end, huh...what an anti-climatic one.

Turning away disinterested, she proceeded to walk away until...a sudden urge of power startled her.

It wasn't due to the quantity or strength of that power...no in fact this could barely even shake her in normal cases.

But this time...something was off.

Velzard : What ?! Why is it so familiar !

Turning around, she watched with widened eyes as the ice shards she previously sent melted and fused with the bloody body...

In fact, the wounds and blood on Dawn's body started to be filled with ice...

Velzard : This ice...is almost the same as mine !

Multiple possibilities crossed Velzard's mind...but one thing for sure, she will have to keep this boy alive for now.

Dawn : (Snowie...)

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

13.5K 172 23
Tensura x (OP Female and Male OC) Tensei shitara slime datta ken Fanfiction Description: (Changed) This is the story of an Unknown individual with ma...
243K 6.3K 39
Rimuru achieved everything which was possible but there is one regret he has in his mind even after the 12 years of the great war that he cant save h...
226 13 9
Jimmy enjoys a rich suburban life and has everything basketball, friends, and the ability to get whatever he wants. Then one day he lost all of that...
40.3K 1.8K 24
Feldway finally had enough. He brought out his true body, crafted by Veldanava's hands, while Rimuru was distracted, fighting an enraged Milim under...